It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of pet ghosts, no pet ghost, and grieving.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have been an ear of sympathy, while my mom grieves for her "soulmate" dog who passed. She had a close and favorite cat who passed, 4 years ago. It was horrible sad, too. But that night, her and my sibling, experienced the cat ghost walk across their legs in bed, like he always did while physically alive. This time, there is no manifestation of the dog. Nothing. My mom is angry/cynical. Today, I have been weepy, because my 9 yrold cat is displaying concerning wrong things, and we will soon visit the vet. He is my cat soulmate. Well, I just am unable to assuage my mom's cynicism.
Are cat ghosts more common than dog ghosts? Why do some people and animals manifest, while many more never do?
My grandma died 2 years ago, and she never manifested. I think she went right into the light, though. (Only one unusual thing happened immediately after that. My sister dreamed that grandma was asking her excitedly as they were walking around arm-in-arm, to please take her to meet John F. Kennedy.)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have had many cats over the years, and many who have passed, but only a few who manifested later. Both of those died suddenly. I remember one in particular ("Miss Kitty") who was struck by a car on the road in front of our house while she was trying to follow my kids across the street. I was very connected to this cat, whom I remember fondly sitting next to me at home when I was in labor with my last child. She knew I was struggling and so she sat next to me and occasionally licked my hand for comfort.

Anyway, she kept manifesting in odd ways, like I would see her little behind trotting down the hallway, but when I went and checked it out, there was nothing. Also, I would feel a cool wind and then the feeling of a cat rubbing against my legs as I was doing the dishes or cooking. It was never creepy, it was a nice feeling.

The other one was an abused long-haired Himalayan cat who had feline AIDS. She was already old and had been rescued out of a cat hoarder's house in Houston. Nobody wanted the diseased cats, but there was something about her. She was mean, kind of psycho, and had obviously lived on the streets, since she didn't like tuna but would gobble french fries and burgers like there was no tomorrow. We didn't have her long, she cost us a great deal in vet bills, and I never got to hold her because she was so abused that she didn't trust any human to hold her. She struck out and scratched and hissed often, but as she got sicker, she started to follow me around and meow. Every time I would go for my exercise walk, she started following me and crying.

I had an odd feeling that she was trying to thank me for giving her some peace and a forever home at the end of her hard and tortured life. She developed a tumor in her mouth, and we had to put her down because she was in severe pain, couldn't eat and it was deforming her skull. The day we took her to be put down was the only time I ever held her, and she clung to me even as they pulled her away to euthanize her.

I cried for weeks over this poor kitty, but then I started waking up at night and heard a purring in my ear and had the feeling that a cat was laying next to my head. When I would wake up completely and turn the light on, there was no cat there. I got her message.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I posted yesterday about an event that seemed as if my cat that passed away a year ago manifested. We heard quite clearly and loudly his distinctive meow in the middle of the room, when there was no cat anywhere.
But I have had many pets in my life, and never had one "manifest" before that.

I haven't heard many stories from others who have either, but the ones I did listen to all pertained to cats.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Cats seem to be psychic and, to me, they always seemed to be able to go back and forth between worlds and dimensions. I think that's why they were persecuted in the middle ages as the "devil's familiars" or witches, because of this other-worldliness.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Goll, I got weepy from your post (takes deap breath) whew. Your mentioning a cool wind reminded me! My mom was cynically snarling about how our deceased grandma never ever manifested in her house, where grandma was passing and taken away by the hospice nurse. Then -right- after that, she complained about how freezing the kitchen always was, as it made her turn the heat up there, and spike the electric bill! I should have known, and said something! But when my mom is in a negative mode, it's hard to get through to her. She is strongly influenced by fundamentalist religious ideas of hell and demons, and is quick to say she thinks ghosts are demons.
Thank you for being unconditionally loving to a furry person who would not be loved so like that, otherwise. When my dad was dying back in '06, he became spiritually ascended. Which I mean, never wanted the hospital TV on, and spoke and asked of general Truth awareness. Seems like when "animals" and "humans" are passing, they manifest more of what God really is. Wow. Whew.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: spellchec

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Yes I saw your thread! I read it with great interest.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He was a very big black cat. He died a year ago, and his death was very hard on me. It has only been in the last few months I am able to think about him without crying.

This is very interesting to me, that your Beloved manifested a year later. My impatient mom then, needs to give these things time. She is not an awake person like those of us on the net and on ats.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I got weepy writing it. I grieve over every fur baby I have lost. Only another animal lover could understand the feeling of loss that never goes away. The last one I lost was that Himalayan, and the first one that I had cremated and put in a personalized box with her name on it ("Natasha") with a clump of fur enclosed that she lost at the end. I promised her when I adopted her that she was going to her forever home, and I meant it. She's on my bookshelf.

The coldness when a spirit manifests is, I believe, due to their drawing energy from the atmosphere in this dimension. What is cold but an absence of heat, and heat is energy. After my father passed 16 years ago, there were cold spots in my house that came and went, and the cats would stare like they were watching something. At first it creeped me out, but after a while, I would say "Hi Dad, howya doin'?"

I believe the spiritual dimension is one we all go to, whether we have skin or fur. The only thing we take to the other side, if we are lucky, is love, and love pulls the spirit back to the living beings who still feel that love. Maybe there are demons, I don't know. My only experiences with the supernatural have been positive.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I believe there is demonic evil, but I also am certain that it is repulsed from where there is love. Like the old Vampire saying (cuz I'm a Vampire nut) You have to -invite- them in, otherwise they are not able to come in. I worked as a security guard back in the early summer of 2001, on a haunted property. One of the spirits put handprints all over the inside of my parked-&-locked vehicle's entire windshield, in the condensation, and all the long fingers ended in points. It looked like a fright, but nothing bad happened to me. I don't know what that was.
I wish I woulda took a picture of it.
I'm sorry about your kit who got killed in the street. Thats awfull. My condolences. (Hug)

edit on 22-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: cuz

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This picture isn't of a pet, but I thought it was touching and germane to this thread:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The first dog my wife and I ever had to have put down, was a little English Springer Spaniel named Misty. We also had a male Springer by the name of Joey.
We bought Misty mainly to get her away from her first owner, who believed the dog was no more than a tool to help him when bird hunting. This guy's reputation regarding the way he treated dogs had preceded him and when he showed up at the house to ask if I would breed our male to her, my answer was a firm "No!" She was a beautiful little girl, although very nervous when he let her out of the trunk of his car. We could hardly believe our eyes when we seen this! We could also see she wasn't well, and although I was taking a chance, after some haggling I managed to buy her. I next ordered the former owner off the property, and warned him of what I'd do to him if he ever set foot on it again.
It must have been love at first sight! Instantly Misty became "My Girl", and for the next few years stuck to me like glue. She had had a bad yeast infection when I bought her, but after a lot of money and the best care I could find, she became one healthy and happy little girl! For a dog that had never been inside a house before, she soon made herself right at home. Because she was extremely nervous, my wife and I decided to put a blanket on the floor at the foot of our bed, hoping this would help settle her down. I no sooner climbed into bed myself, when with one leap and a couple of steps, she was up on the bed and lying down behind my pillow, and that's where she slept for the next five years, until that horrible "C" disease got hold of her.
Over at the vet's I lay down on the floor beside my little girl, knowing that her time had come, and this was our "Goodbye!" I lay there, an aging biker with tears just streaming down both cheeks, whilst Misty did her best to comfort me by licking my hand as I stroked her gently with the other. As she stared into my eyes, memories of Autumn days spent wandering woods and field edges came flooding back, and when the vet gave her the needle and she was closing her eyes for the last time, I knew Misty was as thankful to our Creator as I was, for the five wonderful years He had given us!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I think it is circumstantial. My "soulmate" dog was dying of cancer for over a year. The night that he died he visited me in what I thought was a dream. When I woke up, I knew he was gone. So, I think it just depends on the relationship between the person and the animal.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

That just brought a tear to my eye man. It's actually streaming down my face while I type this. I had to put down my little girl too a few months ago and I miss her dearly. It was one of the hardest days of my life. It's amazing how a little dog can have such an impact on an adult man, to where he is reduced to a puddle of tears at the thought of putting her down.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

So sorry your kitty is so poorly, I had to have our old cat euthanized just over 3 weeks ago....he adopted us when he was about 3, and lived with us for 10 years, and I miss him so much. He was our guard cat! he would sit on the doormat, guard the gate, and for 10 years he would walk me up the road, lovely old boy he was!

So I lost him 3 weeks ago, and I lost another cat to congenital heart failure when she was only 5 years old- that was 17 months ago.

I never saw my female cat after she passed, a few times I heard her jump off the bed, but it is another matter with my old male cat! I have felt him jump onto the bed, at least a few times a week. I have felt him laying by my feet, I go to turn over and the quilt has something on it....I go to look but there is nothing there. Then last week, I sat on the bottom stair, and on the first landing (4 stairs up) I saw his feet....I swear I really did, his huge white paws. It was like a 3D transluscent image, but I could see the exact shape of them (and after 10 years of him living here, I'd know those paws anywhere!). Im not sure why I couldnt see the rest of his body, but then...he started purring...really loudly 4 times. I was amazed, in awe, and a little scared at the same time. I was happy to see him, but this is the first ghost pet I've ever actually 'seen'.

I hope this gives you some comfort, some people say they come to visit before they cross over...but other people say they can come and visit us whenever they want to.

After he died, about a week later, I decided to look to adopt a kitten. I had a dream, and in it, my cat said to me, 'Don't look for a kitten, I'll come back, I'll find you...' lol!!! That sounds crazy I know....but ALL my cats over the past 17 years have found me, wandered into my garden as strays, and I've put notices/had them scanned for microchips etc, then let them stay if no one came forward to claim them.....so I expected that a kitten would find its way here again!!! Then, a neighbour knocked, and said a kitten had been born and did I want it in 9 weeks time....well....what do you know, it is black and white like my cat...and was born just after he died.

Do cats come back?
Yes, I really think in a way they do!!!

As a footnote, sadly I have never seen anyone I know has passed, but had visitations from complete strangers. I don't understand that at all, even a friend that knew she was dying, promised she would come and visit me, but 12 years later she still hasnt.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

THANK YOU for those amazing experiences, most fascinating and assuring.

some people say they come to visit before they cross over
That got my attention, much.
The day before mom's dog died, I was having a deep nap, in vivid disturbing dreams. Then I was jolted awoke from that, by the loud familiar barking, of her dog. It was in my head too, but came out of left field suddenly, was loud, and got me instantly out of those bad dreams. And woke up. I told my mom about it. I never experienced that in a dream otherwise.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think dogs visit us just as much. I remember one apartment we had, our bed was by the window. I took a nap and I'm not sure if it was a dream or what it was, but I saw this dog barking at me and somehow I knew the dogs name was Whiskey. One day in conversation with the landlord, I learned that his son owned a dog who slept at that window and the dogs name was Whiskey because that's what the dog's owner would give him in a bowl. Once I moved the bed against the wall instead of the window, I never "heard" from him again. I've also felt my bed sag as if a cat were walking on it. But I've owned so many over the years who's to say which one it might have been. I will say sometimes my grandparents, aunt, and my dog come to me in my dreams and it gives me great comfort. I usually have these dreams when I'm extremely stressed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What wonderful stories......thanks to all for sharing.......where's my hankie.....

My husband was a bit sickly as a child, and had many visits by an old kitty that kept him company.......even years after the cat had died, he would feel it jump on his bed and walk around.

My experience involves the Appaloosa in my avatar. We got him when he was 9 months old, had him till he was 27. He had out lived his pasture mates and seemed to seek our human company more in his last years....he'd neigh at us when we'd work in the garden or yard, follow at our elbows when ever we worked in the pasture or at the barn.... After he died, and we had no other stock in the pasture, we took down a lot of the fencing to cut timber.

One evening at dusk, as I walked the dog around the barn, I plainly heard steps coming right up behind me. When I stopped, the footsteps stopped.....( I immediately thought 'horse' because I'd always taught mine to lead on a slack line, and to stop when I stopped. )

At first I thought the neighbor's horse had perhaps gotten into our pasture, and would need to be caught before it could get to the downed fence .......so I turned on my heel fully expecting to see a horse within a few feet....at least between me and the barn. I even thought the dog had stepped to the side, as if she were giving the 'right of way' to the larger animal...... But there was nothing there.

With a good case of the goosebumps, I went ahead and diligently checked the whole area to be sure I'd not over looked a flesh and blood horse.....but it had sounded so close, ......I would have seen it immediately, and the dog would certainly reacted to an unfamiliar animal that close.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I most definately believe our beloved companions will be waiting for us.

To date, my best friend was a little mutt dog I rescued from an abused home when she was about 6 months old. I was 18 yrs old.
The little dog went absolutely everywhere with me. To work, to bed, to parties, camping, canoeing, boating, trail riding, and even rode on my motorcycle with me. She was awesome. simply awesome.

One day when she was about 16 I could tell she wasn't feeling well and when I took her to the vet they said her kidneys were shutting down. they wanted to keep her for 'observation' but I knew what that meant and I took her home. I spent the evening with her, talking to her, thanking her, loving her. She was gone in the morning.

Because she went so many places I kept a little tiny cowbell on her collar (especially for trail riding). After she passed I heard the distinctive sound of that bell all over the farm. Even when I moved a few years later, I still heard the bell on my 'new' farm. clearly.
It's been about 17 years since she left, but even still every now and then I swear I hear that bell. Usually when I'm trail riding, her favorite thing to do.
I can't wait to see her again !

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Powerful stuff.

I hope to one day be reunited with my dog, and any dog I have in the future. An afterlife without your animals, is not an afterlife I'd want to be a part of.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My 7 year old FLV cat died 2 weeks ago. I have felt bouncing on my bed several times, as if she had jumped up onto it.
Years ago now, My all time favorite dog died at age 15. It was 1 year and 3 days later when one nite I had awakened about 2 AM and was just lying there when I had this weird feeling and there was like Static in the air and then I felt a weight on the bed and heard panting. I looked and it was my beloved dog. I pulled him up on the bed, hugged him; he was warm and I ran my fingers thru his hair as I told him I loved him and was so sorry that I didn't know how to help him when he was dying. It seemed he was there about an hour, then he got down and lay by the window. I was thinking, "wouldn't my son be surprized if he should come walking out with me in the morning?" This was so real that I looked for hair on the bed the next day.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
reply to post by horseplay

Powerful stuff.

I hope to one day be reunited with my dog, and any dog I have in the future. An afterlife without your animals, is not an afterlife I'd want to be a part of.

precisely !
ever seen that twilight zone where the old man and his dog die ? Hell tries to trick him but he refuses to go without his dog.... great episode. I believe he even says something like 'heaven ain't no place I wanna go if I can't take my dog...'

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join