Originally posted by satron
There are no flaws, we have everything we've got for a reason.
You could say our cardiovascular system is flawed because it doesn't allow us to breathe under water.
We are flawed because we can't fly!
One of the flaws in the picture said we have too many teeth. Tell that to West Virginia!edit on 22-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Satron, we HAVE flaws
Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
1. I cant see at night like a cat.
check these guys out, running full speed through boulder fields in pitch dark
2. I cant breathe underwater
My buddy Manny can hold his breath over five minutes
3. I cant fly
got me there
4. I have no natural weapons - claws, strong jaws, serrated teeth, have no strength to naturally overwhelm other animals.
My big brain lets me learn how to make weapons to kill any animal. I am the top predator by a long shot
5. Dont have fur according to seasons. If its too hot I die, if its too cold, I die.
Australian aborigines sleep on the ground naked in subzero temperatures, then get up and run miles in blazing heat, also naked.
6. Dont have natural camouflage. "OH THERES A GUY NAKED IN THE WOODS"
Once again my big brain lets me make gillie suits, and hunting blinds.
7. Cant run that fast. I'm not built for covering large distances nor reach amazing speeds.
You ARE built for long distance. We aren't that fast, but a man can run down ANY animal, eventually. You will outlast them by a lot, even a horse.
8. Every freakin carnivore in the planet is a threat to me - I'm not naturally built as an apex predator. From a stupid snake half an inch high, to a white shark, i'm naturally toasted.
Funny, we kill sharks and snakes by the hundreds of thousands per year. We are THE apex predator.
9. I cant smell food, danger or a sexual partner 3 miles away. Actually I cant smell anything very well at a distance unless its a very strong smell, like a fire at a distance. Even to see if something is dead, I have to stick my nose in it and shake it to see if its edible.
Modern life causes this. If attuned, you have a very keen sense of smell. Nothing like a bloodhound, but, once again, the big brain lets us make those animals work for us.
10. I cant hear like a dog or a cat, let alone like a tiger or a wolf - if something has stealth techniques, like a tiger or a snake, by the time I see it, its already too late.
And theres so much more... I mean, look at any stupid comic book bout super heroes from cap america, to spiderman or wolverine... Everything you see on a stupid super hero, is something you DONT have, so take your pick on our flaws.edit on 22-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I think imperfections extend to the genetic level (or flaws) flaws exist in the biological world ..There are many deficiencies of human DNA ..
Many of the defects, such as those causing difficult childbirths, appendicitis or bad backs, have been painfully obvious for millennia. What was less apparent until very recently is the extent to which biological flaws might also be present deep within our DNA. Technological advances in the last decade have made it possible to examine our genetic material in excruciating detail. We now know that the human genome is riddled with molecular defects of many sorts...
Many diseases are the result of genes that are flawed. Gene therapy replaces bad genes with good genes. It is this new therapy that gives promise and hope for cures and relief of ailments that alter the lives of people who are afflicted with a disorder.
Every person has 25,000 to 35,000 different genes that make up their body.
Changes in the structure of genes can cause a mutation which will make other things in the body go awry. The mutated gene can also be passed down to future generations. Gene mutations are called genetic disorders.
There are thousands of diseases classified as genetic disorders, some of the most common are:
•sickle cell anemia
These are some of the not so popular flaws we have ..