It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the flaws of the human body?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this lately. What kind of flaws do we have..
I would like to know if there's anything I missed..
I already know the ones mentioned here ---> www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think pretty much all the main flaws are mentioned there, are there any not so popular flaws we have?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There are no flaws, we have everything we've got for a reason.

You could say our cardiovascular system is flawed because it doesn't allow us to breathe under water.

We are flawed because we can't fly!

One of the flaws in the picture said we have too many teeth. Tell that to West Virginia!

edit on 22-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
There are no flaws, we have everything we've got for a reason.

You could say our cardiovascular system is flawed because it doesn't allow us to breathe under water.

We are flawed because we can't fly!

One of the flaws in the picture said we have too many teeth. Tell that to West Virginia!

edit on 22-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

Satron, we HAVE flaws, if you dont want to admit it that's another thing..
I should have stated this before...
I am not looking for these kinds of flaws: a tiger can run faster than us.. or an eagle can fly but we cant.. or a gorilla is stronger than us..etc.
edit on 22-3-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The human is perfectly made by God, if flaws would exist, then it would be on the brain, because your stupid. ( not meaning you L.o.l)
Seriously forget evolution, it has nothing to do with the evolution of animals that then became humans, we are far more perfect than animals will ever be. By perfect I mean in function and structure, not intelligence.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Satron, we HAVE flaws

Like what? What do you consider a flaw?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Greed.
second line

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
well...

1. I cant see at night like a cat.
2. I cant breathe underwater
3. I cant fly
4. I have no natural weapons - claws, strong jaws, serrated teeth, have no strength to naturally overwhelm other animals.
5. Dont have fur according to seasons. If its too hot I die, if its too cold, I die.
6. Dont have natural camouflage. "OH THERES A GUY NAKED IN THE WOODS"
7. Cant run that fast. I'm not built for covering large distances nor reach amazing speeds.
8. Every freakin carnivore in the planet is a threat to me - I'm not naturally built as an apex predator. From a stupid snake half an inch high, to a white shark, i'm naturally toasted.
9. I cant smell food, danger or a sexual partner 3 miles away. Actually I cant smell anything very well at a distance unless its a very strong smell, like a fire at a distance. Even to see if something is dead, I have to stick my nose in it and shake it to see if its edible.
10. I cant hear like a dog or a cat, let alone like a tiger or a wolf - if something has stealth techniques, like a tiger or a snake, by the time I see it, its already too late.

And theres so much more... I mean, look at any stupid comic book bout super heroes from cap america, to spiderman or wolverine... Everything you see on a stupid super hero, is something you DONT have, so take your pick on our flaws.
edit on 22-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I guess we would really need to define what a "flaw" is exactly. Does it simply mean non-optimal? Well, there will be lots of flaws than. Otherwise it's just unclear. For example, humans have to be born premature since our large heads would never fit through the pelvis area if we were to be born more optimally with a 12 month gestational period. The trade off is of course we have big heads which presumably gives us an advantage, most of the time anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Yes, I'm reffering to non-optimal.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
unlike most all animals we can't make our own vitamin C.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

The article touches on the "flaws" with the mouth and I would have to agree with Neil DeGrasse Tyson in the video below regarding our mouth... We eat, drink and breathe out of the same hole.

I'm not sure I would call these flaws or stupid design, rather disadvantages. They are only flaws when you compare them to other designs and we see parts of those designs that we desire.

If you're about to get in a an unavoidable fight with 6'2" 220lb man, and you're 5'5" and 150 lbs... I'd call that a disadvantage, not a flaw in design. We can't have it all! ... what do I know...

Now I don't fully endorse Neil in all aspects, but that is one smart dude.

Side note: If women had gills to breathe through, they would have no excuse...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The ass was a bad call.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The greatest flaw or blessing depending how you look at it. Is the fact that our brain filters out to much reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
well...

1. I cant see at night like a cat.

check these guys out, running full speed through boulder fields in pitch dark

2. I cant breathe underwater

My buddy Manny can hold his breath over five minutes

3. I cant fly

got me there

4. I have no natural weapons - claws, strong jaws, serrated teeth, have no strength to naturally overwhelm other animals.

My big brain lets me learn how to make weapons to kill any animal. I am the top predator by a long shot

5. Dont have fur according to seasons. If its too hot I die, if its too cold, I die.

Australian aborigines sleep on the ground naked in subzero temperatures, then get up and run miles in blazing heat, also naked.

6. Dont have natural camouflage. "OH THERES A GUY NAKED IN THE WOODS"

Once again my big brain lets me make gillie suits, and hunting blinds.

7. Cant run that fast. I'm not built for covering large distances nor reach amazing speeds.

You ARE built for long distance. We aren't that fast, but a man can run down ANY animal, eventually. You will outlast them by a lot, even a horse.

8. Every freakin carnivore in the planet is a threat to me - I'm not naturally built as an apex predator. From a stupid snake half an inch high, to a white shark, i'm naturally toasted.

Funny, we kill sharks and snakes by the hundreds of thousands per year. We are THE apex predator.

9. I cant smell food, danger or a sexual partner 3 miles away. Actually I cant smell anything very well at a distance unless its a very strong smell, like a fire at a distance. Even to see if something is dead, I have to stick my nose in it and shake it to see if its edible.

Modern life causes this. If attuned, you have a very keen sense of smell. Nothing like a bloodhound, but, once again, the big brain lets us make those animals work for us.

10. I cant hear like a dog or a cat, let alone like a tiger or a wolf - if something has stealth techniques, like a tiger or a snake, by the time I see it, its already too late.

See above.

And theres so much more... I mean, look at any stupid comic book bout super heroes from cap america, to spiderman or wolverine... Everything you see on a stupid super hero, is something you DONT have, so take your pick on our flaws.
edit on 22-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Whoops. Well, I sure screwed that up. How do you break up quotes into pieces so you can reply to each piece? I've seen it done, but ^THIS^ surely is not it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think imperfections extend to the genetic level (or flaws) flaws exist in the biological world ..There are many deficiencies of human DNA ..
Many of the defects, such as those causing difficult childbirths, appendicitis or bad backs, have been painfully obvious for millennia. What was less apparent until very recently is the extent to which biological flaws might also be present deep within our DNA. Technological advances in the last decade have made it possible to examine our genetic material in excruciating detail. We now know that the human genome is riddled with molecular defects of many sorts...
Many diseases are the result of genes that are flawed. Gene therapy replaces bad genes with good genes. It is this new therapy that gives promise and hope for cures and relief of ailments that alter the lives of people who are afflicted with a disorder.
Every person has 25,000 to 35,000 different genes that make up their body.
Changes in the structure of genes can cause a mutation which will make other things in the body go awry. The mutated gene can also be passed down to future generations. Gene mutations are called genetic disorders.
There are thousands of diseases classified as genetic disorders, some of the most common are:
•cystic fibrosis
•hemophilia
•cancer
•sickle cell anemia
•Parkinson's disease
•Huntington's disease’
These are some of the not so popular flaws we have ..
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think the OP means flaws like this:

Women can't pee properly in the wild. That is a flaw to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Flaw: Our DNA replication process is incomplete and forgets each year, rest of the disease and becoming "old" are because of this.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I think imperfections extend to the genetic level (or flaws) flaws exist in the biological world ..There are many deficiencies of human DNA ..
Many of the defects, such as those causing difficult childbirths, appendicitis or bad backs, have been painfully obvious for millennia. What was less apparent until very recently is the extent to which biological flaws might also be present deep within our DNA. Technological advances in the last decade have made it possible to examine our genetic material in excruciating detail. We now know that the human genome is riddled with molecular defects of many sorts...
Many diseases are the result of genes that are flawed. Gene therapy replaces bad genes with good genes. It is this new therapy that gives promise and hope for cures and relief of ailments that alter the lives of people who are afflicted with a disorder.
Every person has 25,000 to 35,000 different genes that make up their body.
Changes in the structure of genes can cause a mutation which will make other things in the body go awry. The mutated gene can also be passed down to future generations. Gene mutations are called genetic disorders.
There are thousands of diseases classified as genetic disorders, some of the most common are:
•cystic fibrosis
•hemophilia
•cancer
•sickle cell anemia
•Parkinson's disease
•Huntington's disease’
These are some of the not so popular flaws we have ..
peace,sugarcookie1

These are the kinds of flaws/defects I was looking for, thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I wasnt sure so i just put it out there for you
peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join