It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your long form birth certificate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Could you explain to us what happened to your original birth certificate?

? My original birth certificate is on file at the county clerk's office. From that, I am able to obtain a certified copy or a non-certified copy. You cannot get a "new" birth certificate and you cannot get the original.

Now, if you are asking about the original copy, which my parents received after I was born... They have that at their home, along with one the hospital issued which includes my footprints.

Beyond that, I won't be arguing the Obama fiasco. Not only he, but every Presidential candidate should be required to provide any and all documentation necessary for each state's secretary of state to certify his/her eligibility. Well, I should have stated that in the past-tense, as it is forever a moot issue now. Since this has been permitted to go this far, the natural born citizen clause of Art. 2 Sec. 1 is voided by precedent. No person will ever be bound by that requirement, again.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Could you explain to us what happened to your original birth certificate?

My original birth certificate is on file at the county clerk's office. From that, I am able to obtain a certified copy or a non-certified copy. You cannot get a "new" birth certificate and you cannot get the original.

Well this isn't my experience. My original birth certificate is stored with my folks, the department of health may have my details of birth stored and noted, but not the actual original birth certificate. This is why when I requested a birth certificate twice from them, I only received a short form and this was it. Birthers argue that you require long form birth certificates to get anything from drivers licences to passports, they claim that what Obama originally presented back in 2008 as proof of birth was not valid enough to be used as identification. This is false, and I can say so from personal experience and from investigating into this with my other family members.

Now, if you are asking about the original copy, which my parents received after I was born... They have that at their home, along with one the hospital issued which includes my footprints.

You sure that isn't a souvenir Birth certificate? Only souvenir birth certificates typically have the footprints on them. I have an old torn original that doesn't have my footprints. From what I understand, in most circumstances you can't use those souvenir birth certificates as ID:

Most hospitals in the U.S. issue a souvenir birth certificate which
typically includes the footprints of the newborn. However, these birth
certificates are not legally accepted as proof of age or citizenship,
and are frequently rejected by the Bureau of Consular Affairs during passport
applications. Many Americans believe the souvenir records to be their
official birth certificates, when in reality they hold little legal
value."

www.sodahead.com...

There were a number of birthers insisting that if Obama's birth certificate were valid, it would have his footprints on it, which is ironic to say the least.

Not only he, but every Presidential candidate should be required to provide any and all documentation necessary for each state's secretary of state to certify his/her eligibility.

Yes, but Obama seems to be the only one to get so much scrutiny, even after releasing the long form birth certificates (to the insistences of birthers that this would end it all). Birthers are clearly not interested in anything beyond partisanship. What's more, you cannot have a system where by every secretary of State needs to confirm the eligibility of a candidate. Aside from the fact it would unnecessarily overcomplicate the election system and allow for political interference, it conflicts with the full faith and credit clause. If the secretary of State from New York refused to accept the authenticity of a Texan birth certificate from a candidate, even though Texan authorities hadconfirmed and vouched for it, New York authorities would be in direct conflict with the full faith and credit clause. They have to accept and respect the processes and laws of other States. What's more, the secretary of state back in New York would have no real credentials or authority to validate Texan birth certificates. This is something birthers cannot or don't want to seem to understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You sure that isn't a souvenir Birth certificate? Only souvenir birth certificates typically have the footprints on them. I have an old torn original that doesn't have my footprints. From what I understand, in most circumstances you can't use those souvenir birth certificates as ID:

Most hospitals in the U.S. issue a souvenir birth certificate which
typically includes the footprints of the newborn. However, these birth
certificates are not legally accepted as proof of age or citizenship,
and are frequently rejected by the Bureau of Consular Affairs during passport
applications. Many Americans believe the souvenir records to be their
official birth certificates, when in reality they hold little legal
value."

www.sodahead.com...

Yeah, that's why I specified that one was "issued by the hospital". It's not good for anything.

I can't imagine any person holding their "original" birth certificate. It is a government record, the completion and filing of which are dictated by statute, which in Texas happens to be Sec. 192 of the Health and Safety Code. Here, the authority charged with maintaining birth records is the county clerk. Upon filing, parents are issued certified
copies, but the "original" is the property of the state.

I would guess that your complete original is filed, is viewable on microfiche and that you may obtain a copy of it, if you specify that's what you want. Otherwise, you'll get the short form.

edit on 22-3-2012 by WTFover because: added last paragraph

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian Not everybody has thier original 30 year birth certificate stored in a vault, and not every state provides a long form by request, many only provide short forms. Arizona for example has only provided short form birth certificates at request since 2001.

When you are POTUS any state would jump through hoops to find it.
However they can't and any records that would have had a copy are conveniently 'missing'.

Not being snarky but if you find a copy of B H Os hawaiin kindergarden records a copy should be in there. oh right of all the children in his class his file is the only set of records is 'missing' along with all the others conviently misplaced records of his.

There is a point where a thinking person just cannot turn a blind eye.

I remember a book called 'Snakes in suits' dealing with psycopaths in the business world, I cannot think of it without mentally inserting him in the picture.
edit on 22-3-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Asking for private information and posting private information is not allowed.:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join