It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida black man murders unarmed white father in front of 8yr old daughter in park

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

there are a variety of types of murder, for the very reason you point out. involuntary, accidental etc. that's why a broad blanket approach might not work but I agree, harsh as hell punishments should be in place to deter as much crime as possible.

as to your accusation of me fueling the fire, the only thing I've done, is debate the opening post and point out that the member who brought us this nonsense is as biased as the media he rails about.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

How this became a race issue is beyond me, because it wasn't...

This incident happened fairly local to me, and it was simply a case of an old man who was fed up with people skateboarding in a local park, taking the law into his own hands. There was no race crime to be had here. You know how some old people get when they have too much time on their hands, and they get fed up with kids making noise. Especially someone who is a school bus driver, and does not want to hear kids when they are off duty.

Apparently he went into the park, trying to play community police officer to confront a kid who was skateboarding. The victim, who was uninvolved with the situation at the onset, went to the defense of the kid and a verbal altercation started. Threats were made on both sides, then the gun was brandished at some point, the father tried to take the gun from him, and he was shot.

Its a tragedy, its sad, but its not a hate crime, and this guy is NEVER going to win on a “stand your ground case”.

Its not “stand your ground” because he not only went into a park armed to start a confrontation, which was not his place to do, but also because he brandished a firearm around children, causing the other man to act in self defense.

From Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department:

Deputies Arrest Suspect In Park Shooting
Details:
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s detectives arrested Trevor Dooley at his residence on Tuesday at approximately 3:35 p.m. charging him with Manslaughter with a Firearm, Improper Exhibition of a Firearm and Openly Carrying a Firearm in connection with the September 26, 2010 death of David James.

On September 26, 2010 at approximately 3:45 p.m., the victim, David James, and his 8-year-old daughter, were playing basketball within a neighborhood park located at the end of Partridge Point Trail in Valrico, Florida. At that time, another 14-year-old witness approached the victim and asked if he could ride his skateboard on the basketball court in which the victim was located. Once the victim agreed, the defendant observed these actions, exited from his residence armed with a firearm and told the 14-year-old juvenile that he was not allowed to ride his skateboard within the park area. The victim then told the defendant that there were no posted signs confirming his statements and that he told the witness it was ok to do so. At that point the defendant left the driveway of his residence, walked across Partridge Point Trail and approached the victim who remained positioned on the basketball court.

Upon the approach of the defendant, the victim stepped off the edge of the basketball area and met the defendant in the grass located next to basketball area. The defendant continued to demand that there was no skateboarding on the basketball court and did so while displaying the handle of a firearm that was secured in the waistband of his pants. The firearm was then observed by a witness, who was playing tennis on an adjacent tennis court. After some conversation with the victim the suspect realized that the victim was not going to tell the 14-year-old juvenile to stop riding his skateboard on the court. The suspect directed profanity at the victim, turned and started to walk away from the victim. The victim then called out to the suspect, questioning his display of a firearm. The suspect turned and produced the firearm, when the victim lunged towards the suspect in an attempt to disarm him. As the two parties struggled over the firearm, they both fell to the ground where the firearm was discharged one time striking the victim in the chest. The victim told his 8-year-old daughter to call an ambulance and then suddenly collapsed from his injury. A witness ran to the aid of the victim and called 911 after the observed incident. The suspect remained at the scene and unloaded his firearm prior to the arrival of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene by Emergency Medical Services.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Which has more chance to fire?

1) One guy holding a gun at another guy?

2) One guy holding a gun and other guy lunges at him?

Sources even said the black guy was trying to leave.

If i was the guy who got shot, i would have put my hands up, take my kid and backed off.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

it's about race because the op couldn't find any other black on white crime to use for his claim that the jewish owned media is biased against white people. it's a standard argument we get on ats whenever a crime like this takes place, or when a dead black celeb gets more press than a dead white celeb. I think we saw this kind of nonsense when MJ got more press than farrah fawcett, both having died on the same day.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

I know how you feel, just last month a black sudanese man stabbed a young Australian man several times before running off in an unprovoked attack.

Like wtf for?

In Australia we never had these sorts of things happen until we let all the blacks in.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So if that wasn't a hate crime then what about the one I said above hmm?
Racism works both ways you know.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Black white who cares......

How about bad guy attacks good guy...that way it doesn't matter the color of either just their actions.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

It wasn't a hate crime because race was not a factor in how either man acted.
Dooley went into the park, which was literally in his front yard, to confront a kid about skateboarding, not to have an altercation with the victim because he was white. Now, if he had gone out there to chase the “white people” out, then maybe you'd have a case to say “hate crime”. Nothing about race was involved in this incident. It was strictly about noise, and this mans feeling that due to the proximity of the park to his house, that it was somehow an annex of his own property to enforce his rules upon.

If you own a house in an area with a lot of retired folks, you'd understand where I am coming from with this. Some old folks, with too much time on their hands, feel its their job to police everyone else in the neighborhood. I know we have that problem here in my neighborhood as well. Its a major problem here in Florida were we have a lot of retirees. I know that I have gotten busy, and forgotten to take in the news paper, only to have one of the retired people here pick it up and place it against my door so it fell in my house when I opened the door. They also like to police how fast everyone drives, the condition of your yard, how much noise everyone makes, etc...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Aren't the aborigines dark skinned and weren't they there long before the brits started shipping their criminals there?

edit on 22-3-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm not talking about the park attack I'm talking about the Australian attack. Was that a hate crime yes or no?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Jace26

Aren't the agorigines dark skinned and weren't they there long before the brits started shipping their criminals there?

Aborigines aren't black they are descendents from the Indonesian archipelago and the Indian subcontinent.

The colour of your skin doesn't determine whether you are black or white its your race.
A caucasian person can still be very dark like the arabs but still technically white because of their racial characterisitics.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Get used to it op.

White is the new minority.

There is nothing we can do about it because the media gets it's rocks off trying to make race an issue.

People are easily swayed one way or the other and when we have a bunch of selfish idiots, regardless of race, running around killing people and screwing up peoples lives it just throws fuel on the fire.

Remember life is a team sport. Religous teams, race teams, financial class teams(for lack of a better term).

It is litterally ignorance or the lack of respect for another human being.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It's not "Murder" it's self defense. That phrase may mean different things to different people that old one punch by someone could and might kill you...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
why you trying to make this race thing

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Human beings aren't impulsive, are rational and responsible enough to bear firearms and guns in generally make people safer:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think you have it wrong my friend...the facts in the case involving the young african american is nothing like this other case...facts are Zimmerman in effect hunted this kid down and then shot him...he outweighed hime by at least a hundred pounds....he was the one with a gun the kid did not even have a stick. The fact that some many are out raged and not just blacks many whites are as troubled by this...is the fact that this man is walking free without even being charged.

The fact the police did not arrest him nor even investigate beyond the story he told. Listen to the 911 tapes and this guy was following a kid who had candy in his pocket and was running because it started raining and he wanted to get out of the rain...where is the crime ? The crime is this idiot shot an unarmed kid because of the color of his skin..

Now I am white so listen good...I am outraged...am I playing the race card ? No simply outraged that someone shoots an unarmed kid and might get away with it...how was his life ever in danger...no gun...no knife...no weapons unless you count skittles...candy in his pocket...you are the one throwing the race card around...the rest of us are simply outraged that someone...white...black...purple or whatever could walk free of a murder...plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
OMG THIS IS SO IMPORTANT IT HAS TO BE IN ALL CAPS

take it to stormfront, dude

So your racist if you point out hypocrisy and double standards. And a Nazi, too. Right
....sigh.....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

I have no idea.
What does it have to do with the topic of the thread though?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

edit on 22-3-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: I am the Walrus...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Every night on the news I hear about someone being shot.. sometimes the suspect and the victim are of different color. It happens every day! I bet if the suspect was white and the victim was black.. it wouldn't make news.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join