It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida black man murders unarmed white father in front of 8yr old daughter in park

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I read the story and maybe I missed it,
but how was this a racially motivated murder?
It sounded like a regular murder to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Agreed. This case proves that Zimmerman needs to go the same route as this black guy is going. Makes you wonder why it has to take a petition of close to a million signatures just to get justice to start moving in certain cases.

link   
OP, the one thing you're missing (and is what is most likely causing all the outrage and protest) is the fact that Zimmerman in the Treyvon case HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. That's a significant difference. This guy reportedly trying to use the law has been charged and therefore will have to be judged by a jury and most likely will be found guilty and will go away.

Also wanted to point out this case happened over a year ago and there was no outrage. Want to know why? Because the shooter was arrested and is now facing a trial, unlike Zimmerman who didn't even see a jail cell.

link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Ameliaair

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Do you think the daughter cares what color the man's skin was? No, he could have been black, brown, white, blue, green, lavender, whatever. She cares more about the fact that her father died right in front of her. With this, we should keep this discussion centered around how we feel this situation should be handled, without anyone pulling up "the race card".

I agree with the wife, however, in that it seems this Stand Your Ground law could be used as a free pass to murder. I mean, the entire thing happened because of a skateboard incident? Please.

The case will be thrown out. It has to be.

Might diplomatic of you but the idea of this thread is not the tragedy of either but the race card being played against white people in America.

Wait...but isnt you complaining about it "playing the race card"? So basically....arent you a hypocrite?
How is this trash allowed to stay here at ATS...oh thats right. because topics like this make $$$$$ for this site. Racism is cool as long as there are profits!

Now watch this post get modded, but the original post will stand in 3...2...1....
edit on 22-3-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

According to society, white people can not be the victims ever. So no, I am not playing the race card. Only showing how hypocritical people like you can be.

yOU attacked me for posting a crime almost identical to the one being lied about 24/7 and blaming people for the color of their skin

then in turn you allege I am racist by pointing out the hypocrisy?

lol truly funny

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Ameliaair

How is it being played when the black man was charged with a crime and has to prove the stand you r ground defense but Zimmerman does not?

really? 24/7 coverage as opposed to only hearing about this case now? white killer , poor little black child, over and oover and over

And yet, ZIMMERMAN isn't even a white guy

Why are white people being blamed for this?

WHY?
edit on 22-3-2012 by Ameliaair because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

You are right. This is just plain murder.

1. Black guy shoots white guy after argument over a separate issue.

2. White/jewish/hispanic guy racially profiles a black youth, hunts him down and murders him.

Two separate but both unfortunate situations.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Might diplomatic of you but the idea of this thread is not the tragedy of either but the race card being played against white people in America.

Perhaps if we all stopped trying to focus attention on skin colors and started dealing with the people themselves we would see a turn around in the way things are.

Are you really trying to tell us that the color of the victims skin and the color of the shooters skin trumps the tragedy that a young girl witnesses her father being killed infront of her eyes?? Wow..and maybe that right there is why things seem to be getting worse in this world rather than better. Compassion at it's finest.
edit on 22-3-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Im so mad I can't even get the formatting correct

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
the crime happened over a year and a half ago, thus there's no media coverage.

If you want to try and claim racism, at the very least, find a crime that ocurred in the last 6 months.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

as is the other one

different 911 tapes where you can't make out the word coons and then the one I clearly heard the word coons

yet cnn airs a professionally altered tape where it was still inaudible

someone doctored a tape to get the racial edge going to keep beating the white thing to death

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

as is the other one

different 911 tapes where you can't make out the word coons and then the one I clearly heard the word coons

yet cnn airs a professionally altered tape where it was still inaudible

someone doctored a tape to get the racial edge going to keep beating the white thing to death

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestBehindTheTrees
OP, the one thing you're missing (and is what is most likely causing all the outrage and protest) is the fact that Zimmerman in the Treyvon case HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. That's a significant difference. This guy reportedly trying to use the law has been charged and therefore will have to be judged by a jury and most likely will be found guilty and will go away.

Also wanted to point out this case happened over a year ago and there was no outrage. Want to know why? Because the shooter was arrested and is now facing a trial, unlike Zimmerman who didn't even see a jail cell.

but my original point is that Zimmerman is not white.

So why blame whites?
the guy is hispanic/jewish

whats the agenda?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Talk about a minimal post made literally to ONLY churn the Negativity Pot.

Good job OP.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Calm down, you seem to be coming a little undone here. You keep missing the point. In the case of your OP, a black man shot and killed a white man, he's claiming the Stand Your Ground defense, he was still arrested and still has to stand trial.

Zimmerman shot and killed a black teenage boy, he claims the Stand Your Ground defense, he hasn't been charged with anything, won't have to stand trial (as of yet) and will never have to prove that he was defending his life.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

Perhaps if we all stopped trying to focus attention on skin colors and started dealing with the people themselves we would see a turn around in the way things are.

Are you really trying to tell us that the color of the victims skin and the color of the shooters skin trumps the tragedy that a young girl witnesses her father being killed infront of her eyes?? Wow..and maybe that right there is why things seem to be getting worse in this world rather than better. Compassion at it's finest.
edit on 22-3-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Im so mad I can't even get the formatting correct

Are you truly trying to tell me blaming white people for a crime a hispanic/jewish man did isn't wrong?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Since you are on a rampage to expose race related issues where black on white crime is flourishing, maybe you should also spend some time discussing and posting the Deryl Dedmon story.

Remember? He is the white man recently convicted of the racially motivated murder of a 49 year old black man.

We can spend our time pulling up race related stories all day but I am sure folks would get tired of hearing it.

I think what people want to hear are stories where there is gross injustice. Systemic injustice or personal injustice. I think those are more worthwhile topics of discussion.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the crime happened over a year and a half ago, thus there's no media coverage.

If you want to try and claim racism, at the very least, find a crime that ocurred in the last 6 months.

Well, we could post flash m,ob videos of whites and asians being attacked because of their skin color but yet its onloy ever reported as "unruly youths" but those seem to die a quick death in the media also don't they?
edit on 22-3-2012 by Ameliaair because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

C**ns being edited out serves to make it less racial, not more. It's not edited, I'm fairly sure that Zimmerman never even said that word, I think he said a**holes. What people are more outraged about is the fact that the police handled Trayvon Martins case extremely poorly and in this one particular case it does seem like they were being callous and careless because it was just a young black male.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Do you think the daughter cares what color the man's skin was? No, he could have been black, brown, white, blue, green, lavender, whatever. She cares more about the fact that her father died right in front of her. With this, we should keep this discussion centered around how we feel this situation should be handled, without anyone pulling up "the race card".

I agree with the wife, however, in that it seems this Stand Your Ground law could be used as a free pass to murder. I mean, the entire thing happened because of a skateboard incident? Please.

The case will be thrown out. It has to be.

Wait...but isnt you complaining about it "playing the race card"? So basically....arent you a hypocrite?
How is this trash allowed to stay here at ATS...oh thats right. because topics like this make $$$$$ for this site. Racism is cool as long as there are profits!

Now watch this post get modded, but the original post will stand in 3...2...1....
edit on 22-3-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

According to society, white people can not be the victims ever. So no, I am not playing the race card. Only showing how hypocritical people like you can be.

yOU attacked me for posting a crime almost identical to the one being lied about 24/7 and blaming people for the color of their skin

then in turn you allege I am racist by pointing out the hypocrisy?

lol truly funny

Ok, I know that post wasn't meant for me but after reading it i clearly see it is you with the race agenda here. People are pointing out cold hard facts that prove how significantly different both these cases are and how one can be considered a hate crime and how one is not. The article you posted about is purely a regular MURDER that was not racially motivated, it just happened to be a white guy that tried to stand up to the shooter.

Now look at Zimmerman's case, He was told to stop following the kid but he did anyway (which makes him the aggressor, you do know that right?), the 911 tapes release paint a racist picture no matter how hard you look at it thru rose colored glasses, and to top it off the police investigating the case disregarded any eye witness testimony that went against what Zimmerman claimed.

I find it disturbing and slightly aggravating the your using straw-man arguments to basically start a race war topic.

Also please provide a link that states white people can never be the victim. Also make sure its a scientific proven fact and not another knee-jerk racially motivated opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Talk about a minimal post made literally to ONLY churn the Negativity Pot.

Good job OP.

Why is it, that when white people are victims people like you come out of the woodwork?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Again, the level of public reaction is directly related to the level of justice handed out. Think about it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join