It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida black man murders unarmed white father in front of 8yr old daughter in park

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Dis you not see the poverty statistics by race, matched with Crime statistics by race?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair

I guess this is not racist? Not even national news until now.

Didn't you know? If it's white on (fill in the blank) violence, it's racist. If it's (fill in the blank) on white violence, it's justice.

And those saying his "stand your ground" defense won't work? I hope that keeps you warm at night.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Storm88Trooper

Reading your post, I felt like I time traveled back in time......and reading a post by Archie Bunker (old TV show called "All in the Family", look it up) This is America....the year 2012. Your racist and bigoted way of thinking is passe..... Many things affect crime statistics....it isn't genetically programmed. Maybe YOU are the one who should relocate...it doesn't sound like America is the place for you if you think an entire race of people should be "sent home". In case you haven't noticed, America is made up of MANY races and ethnicities! I have some African American friends (I don't even like SAYING that phrase...they are just my FRIENDS) who are the best people you will EVER meet, and BTW, so freaking smart, you probably wouldn't last 5 seconds in a conversation with them. Take your bigotry somewhere else, and try to look at PEOPLE not STATISTICS....PLEASE. Not trying to pick a fight, but this kind of s*** really makes me angry!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Racism is human nature? That's the first I've ever heard of this. You can't blame your own racism on human nature. You can't claim that because you're racist, everyone must be. What a cop-out.

C'mon, give yourself some credit. It's because of your own fears and ignorance that you are racist.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

whoa, whoa, whoa.

You said...

In 1995 the amount of people in poverty by race was: Blacks 26% and Whites (not including Hispanics) 68%. Hence the claim that Black commit more murders because of "disadvantaged" circumstances is a liberal myth!

Are you saying 68% of whites were in poverty in 1995? That's what your statement indicates. Where are you getting these stats from? I ask again, please post the income/crime rate per race and re-run the stats. I have yet to see this from you.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

You misunderstand, 68% of poverty stricken people in 1995 were white, not 68% of whites...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yyzyyz123

post removed by staff

getting testy huh? Why are you name calling me? I made sure I didn't attack you but attacked your words as "ignorant". I don't know you so I can't judge you but I can definitely pick apart your words. Be careful with what you say.

I still say you haven't experienced racism fully. I am also mixed race but have experienced racism in America from both sides of the fence so I know it when I say it. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist as you insinuate.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Jaellma because: edit

edit on Fri Mar 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Couple of things:

Zimmerman may be hispanic but which CULTURE does he subscribe too? Typically a hispanic of his complexion subscribes to white culture because he can blend in. Meaning was he walking around with hip hop gear and using the "N" word like black people do?

Don't know the details for the OP. If he murdered the white guy for criminal reasons I agree he should be prosecuted.

I have followed the Zimmerman case and he is guilty of murder. How come he wasn't arrested and forced to go to trial?

THAT is what the outrage is over.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

i never said that it did not exist,i may have experience a little abroad,i unlike some people am not overly sensitive ,but never like that in the united states.for example,i have black relatives in canada and in the us.in canada they are just regular folks,love thier neighbors,whites ,arab whoever.never have a bad thing to say about anyone.but in the states its a completly different story,cracker this,towel head that.fact ,period.and i am not testy in the least,besides you seem a little too dull to be cutting anyones words up.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Its funny how people resort to attacking someones personal character when they can't win a debate. I have posted valid statistics from the CIA Crime Census! and all you stupid liberals can do is hurl insults. This is the definition of sophistry...all it does is make you all look bad as well as your position. I'm glad I was able to hit a nerve...you know what they say...the truth hurts!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

And those saying his "stand your ground" defense won't work? I hope that keeps you warm at night.

Time will tell. Technically, the law as is, is WAY too ambiguous, but that's exactly why we have judges and juries, to set precedents, and interpret those laws.

I strongly feel:

1) A jury will find the law does not apply to his actions.

2) The law will be further clarified as a result of recent cases.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Jace26

Aren't the aborigines dark skinned and weren't they there long before the brits started shipping their criminals there?

edit on 22-3-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

Aborigines are interesting since they can have brown to blond hair with dark skin. It is interesting how that all fits into the human genetic makeup when one thinks that humans were almost extinct at the height of the ice age.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

wow,its freaky how much that child looks like my youngest boy.great smile

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

Regarding the legality of the shooting there is not enough information to make even an informed decision, let alone an intelligent one.

Speculation here is simply inflaming and argumentative.

The courts will make the decision.

A poor headline to me... I'm guessing had this had been a story about a black man shooting a black man it would not have been posted?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ahhhh....I see. Well, maybe you need to work on other aspects of yourself to enhance your intellect. I don't know you, so you could be a good person in other areas.....but your trashing of a whole group of people is unfair. If you know history, all races have committed terrible crimes......what you are saying is just unfair. Sometimes we get very angry and just have to find something to blame....something to point the finger at. But sometimes it's not the thing we SHOULD be pointing at. I'm just sad that people still think this way. Most serial killers who commit HORRIFIC crimes are WHITE....so, would you say white people have something in their genes that could cause them to become serial killers? So... should we start screening white people for serial killer traits? See how silly that sounds?
edit on 3/23/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join