It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida black man murders unarmed white father in front of 8yr old daughter in park

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

Does it bother you that this one was not about racism ?

Why ?

Don't tell me . Ask yourself that question.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The rare white-on-black attack is always 'front page' and featured coverage by most news media
while the daily black-on-white attacks are “disappeared”: Either not reported on at all, reported only by local newspapers, but “whited out” of local TV and national newspaper coverage, or reported without informing viewers of the respective races of the attackers and victim
The Color of Crime - "Blacks are statistically 50 times more likely to attack whites than vice versa"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

You are correct across the board but not only will it never be reported in the MSM,it will be attacked on here

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Just like the previous death, this is a tragedy.

However here is some food for thought.

When the Zimmerman case was mentioned on my local television, race was never mentioned. Now that i think about it, since i don't watch mainstream media, the only place i've seen it covered so extensively is here on ATS.

How about that?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

Where is the moral outrage ????? Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson what no news media. White people don't care enough to rally or protest. We are to busy working to pay the bills. 99% er's Here is something just and worthy to rally about. A thousand people show up in a park for the poor black kid that got killed, yes it is a shame, my condolences for the parents. Yet this poor women sits alone ??? America is in the shi**er people need to stand up and do what is right regardless of color or ethnic background. We need to call it what it is and move forward.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Check you facts, The FBI enhanced the 911 tapes and NO RACIAL SLUR was heard. And to be honest wether or not he did or didn't use one is irrevelant to the case, it may prove he is a racist but thats are hard sell because he is hispanic, if he was a bit darker in color this never would have made the press. Why can't the issue be that this man used poor judgement in my mind and might have gone too far, if the law and I am a florida resident with a concealed weapons permit and carry a gun always finds that this man acted within the confines of the law he should go free, if they find he acted outside the law then he should be held responsible. The law needs to work, whether you agree or disagree with the outcome the system must prevail or we all face a day when our freedoms will be gone.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What the threat title should have been is:

"Florida man murders unarmed father in front of 8yr old daughter in park"

Yes, this incident is very sad and the loss of life is always very, very tragic however I really dislike it when race, colour or creed are brought into news stories whether it be on forums or the main news websites themselves. I can, however, understand the frustrations of people from all backgrounds when something like a murder is made out to be a show of racism whether they are black, white or asian. From what I gather there seems to be an ignorance that white people cannot be the victims of racism; this is wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair

Originally posted by Kali74
CAPS!

He’s using a statute in Florida known as the Stand Your Ground law to try and get the charges against him dropped.

Per your link.

The difference here is that the shooter was arrested and charged with a crime in which he has to defend himself from. He has to prove the Stand Your Ground defense is applicable. Zimmerman should also have to prove this, why hasn't been made to prove it?

Zimmerman should be locked up.

Now, baCK TO MY ORIGINAL REASON FOR POSTING THIS.

How the race card is being constantly played against white America.

Nobody has been playing the race card. I havent seen the media trying to portray the police or Zimmermann as a racist, although the family who is griefing seems to hold unto that thought and the blacks who sympathise.

You can blame the blacks in America for sticking for each other, except of course those who shoot at each other.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I see that the point of this topic is the inequalities between how racism is handled by white people and how it is handled by black people. I'm not an expert, but in my opinion and what I have learned from my own observations is that the black and white people who like to shout about racism seem to be of lower intellect and class. Do you see educated white people putting on white robes? No you don't, you see toothless white jackasses in overhauls putting them on. Of all my educated black friends, I have NEVER heard a peep about anything like what's in the news right now or any other time wasting nonsense.

Racism is ridiculous and it seems to be on the way out the door with the younger ones in this country thank god. The only reason I believe white/black racism still exists is because of what kids pick up from their parents and their grandparents. Also, Sharpton and Jackson only make everything worse. I don't even understand why those two men are still alive. OXYGEN THIEVES

We are ALL human beings who have to share this planet and make the best out of what we have. Maybe one day we will come together and stop wasting time of the color of our skin.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Regardless of races involved, the courts will decide whether or not the man was justified in the shooting. Personally, if the man didn't brandish any kind of lethal weapon (and it sounds like he didn't), then the shooter is likely screwed.

Stand your Ground is not a license to kill. It has very specific circumstances that must be satisfied. Not to mention, I'm sure had he merely brought out and showed the weapon, it would have ended the altercation right there, without leaving a widow and fatherless child. Personally, I feel the shooter will go to jail for this...just as the neighborhood watch guy who shot the kid in another case will.

That was another case of incorrect application of Stand your Ground. It doesn't cover when you pursue the shooting victim!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This will only go 1 of 2 ways...if they want to throw a sacrificial lamb at us, they will arrange it to be guilty and make an example, but if they get too much pressure from the black community, they will say it was self defense and that will be that...law will only count for so much, they will bend it either way they "need" it to go....If they find the other case as not guilty, you can bet your azz its going to be not guilty for this guy, for fear of backlash, sad to say, but its true.

The fact this was in daylight, at a public park and he had a small child, it should be treated totally different than in the shadows, at night. Im not saying the other is cut and dry no questions asked, but that adds a whole other aspect to the fear factor involved. I also think it matters if this guy had a permit or not, if not...they should bury him. Im not 100% up on the other case, but did he have a permit? it really does matter when your not at home or in your car.

Hopefully it all gets worked out and justice is served on both, I do feel bad for the little girl the most though, she will be scared for life either way and that is very sad.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
sigh....murder is murder is murder is murder is murder.........it isn't the skin color, it's the mind of the person under the skin. All crimes should be investigated and prosecuted THE SAME...., regardless.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
In the Trayvon story, this one, and soooo many others, the media makes me SICK. They jump on a story, with thier feigned looks of distress, and spiiiiin those stories to make MORE stories. Of course, it's important for the stories to get out.....I just mean their self serving methods of doing it make me sick! Kind of like spinning yarn....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i have travelled a bit on our little planet,and i have met all kinds and all colours of people.and i have to say that people are pretty decent.i am half black and half german and never really faced any prejudice,except from black americans.most all other blacks,wether in europe or canada ect......no problem.but blacks in the usa are the most racist people that i have ever met.just sayin,thats my experience.i get to hear how they truly speak of others(mostly whites) because they think that i will agree simply because we share dark skin.yeah there is definitly a double standard here.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yyzyyz123

Well clearly you haven't traveled as much as you would have liked to believe. Prejudice, racism, bias exists EVERYWHERE. Some hide it better than others. Some people are not racist or bias but again, you have to really experience a whole lot to know what I am talking about.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
These white and black references are primitive thought. I try not to label people a colour, because then we are subject to hearing rather intelligent people make idiotic annotations and references.

PS.people across the US and the world expire EVERYDAY, Why are don't the MSM talk about someone discovering the real monsters? Bradley Manning?

Peace.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Only1King because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Storm88Trooper

Maybe you should do an income earned per crime rate study, per racial group and then re-run your stats. I bet you would be in for a surprise. Quit obfuscating the stats please.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Only1King

The difference between White Racists and White Liberals is that the White racists can confront reality and view the world for what it really is instead of how we wish it could be. It is unfortunate that the different races cannot live in peace, but this is simply a reality that has been proven over and over again buy history. Trying to force people to live against their nature leads only to disaster.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join