It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida black man murders unarmed white father in front of 8yr old daughter in park

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Murder. Cold blooded murder. Why was he even carrying a loaded firearm on a basketball court in a public park!!!? ILLEGAL without a concealed handguns license and even then, killing the man for simply announcing court/park rules to someone disobeying them...this is ridiculous. That little girl should still have her daddy around.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm not even thinking about race with this, just feel really bad for the girl who saw that happen to her father. That's completely messed up.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HEATHERTHOMSON911

People like you are pretty much disgusting to be completely honest. You like the OP are failing to grasp exactly what the uproar over this case is. What is the difference between the crime you posted and the Williams case? Oh yeah that is right they were both investigated, and the assailants had their day in court. This has been shoddy police work from the start and was being quietly swept under the rug. But go ahead and let's turn this into a "I am white and persecuted for it party".

I don't care if Zimerman was white, hispanic, asian or wookiee: He went and pursued this young man with no reason other than he was a black kid wearing a hoodie. The real tragedy of the whole thing is a young man is dead and the person that killed him was going to get a free pass by using the letter of the law to break the spirit of the law and the police were going to help him do so.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The only reason that this is a "race issue" is because the media (and consequently the original poster) advertises it as such.

If this was advertised as "Man murdered in front of of his 8 year old daughter," public outcry would have been minimal, but instead the terms "black man" and "white father" are used to unnecessarily hype the article. In my eyes, this is a human tragedy that could have been used to educate and unite, but in its present form all it does is divide and cause more problems.

If we as a people ever wish to evolve past our racial/sex/political/religious divisions, we must first learn to stop categorizing everyone based on their differences.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
To the OP's question about black people pulling the "race card":

As a white man who married into a black family, I have seen up close how black people excuse their failures, and exonerate themselves from being good stewards to the community, based on the notion that they are hated for their skin color.

Although blacks claim to despise racism, many of them would be socially and intellectually lost without it.

What we call "pulling the race card" is not just a way of attacking white culture, it is also a way of preserving black culture.

edit on 23-3-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It became a race issue in the zimmerman case
when he use a racial-slur during the 911 call (on record)

Unlike op post, zimmerman initiated by stocking the victim.
In the other confrontation the shooter was shouting
at a teenager to get his skateboard off the court, and it
was James who 'intervened'.
If the shooter in that case was arrested, then by all means
zimmerman should have been too.
The problem with american laws is that they are NOT constant.
It once was, that one could not bring guns into a saloon,
now in u.s you see people toting guns at walmart, 711, and children',
playgrounds.
(crazies)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
just like those mobs of blacks yelling kill whitey arent racially motivated eh?

google beat whitey night and then tell me there isnt a racial double standard .

wish i was black, maybe then i wouldn't have to pay my college tuition in full

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I might be totally wrong here, but I don't see anything that indicates it was racist or a hate crime. Just because the shooter was black, and the victim was white, does not automatically make it racist. Nor does it the other way around.

But don't get me wrong, I hope he burns in hell after spending the rest of his miserable life in prison, given that hell actually exists.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
The only racial motivation I could see in the OP and the CNN article was from OP himself. It wasn't a racial issue until people read the thread title. A man shoots a man in cold blood in an altercation—that's the story; but now it's a racial issue because the color of his skin is apparent.

The only racism involved is the deep-seeded racism in the tread title, and from the ones discussing it like it isn't a non-issue.

The REAL discussion should be about how little this man values life—and why. Or is that not superficial enough?
edit on 22-3-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: grammar

exact impression i got. it wouldnt have looked so racist if he actually included vital facts.
i dont care what color any of these people are. all i know is a 17 year old kid was shot and killed and he had no weapon to even give him a chance against a gun.

its funny how the people who are crying that the media is sensationalizing this yet they turn around and hype up their own agenda.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlowlyLonely
To the OP's question about black people pulling the "race card":

As a white man who married into a black family, I have seen up close how black people excuse their failures, and exonerate themselves from being good stewards to the community, based on the notion that they are hated for their skin color.

Although blacks claim to despise racism, many of them would be socially and intellectually lost without it.

What we call "pulling the race card" is not just a way of attacking white culture, it is also a way of preserving black culture.

way to sterotype a whole group of people. i actually know black people too, lol, you act like that is a big deal and i will disagree with you. not all black people make excuses for their failures. they can actually(gulp) be better, more success, more intelligent than white people.

im just glad people dont assume all white people are ignorant racist because i know quite a few and id hate to be sterotyped because of the color of my skin.

edit on 23-3-2012 by elitegamer23 because: cuz my grammar sucks

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
most of the replies in any post that has to do with "race" material is disgusting and as much as people pursue their happiness by being racist it sickens me that eventually in america all sums come down to racism and where u stand on how racism benefits/curses yourself.

spite for spite? with individual posts or just the original theme of this post?

this murder u talking about happened a year ago right?

is it more wrong that a black man murdered a white father in front of his white daughter; or would it be desensitising if the races were not included, and if they werent and i told u some joe at the bball courts in the projects got shot in front of his daughter trying to brake up an altercation would u think or project the race of the persons involved? would u think that the defendant of the accused murder was white or black and would u think that the act of trying to enter altercations at the bball court with your daughter was smart? further would it be racist if u thought he a tragic fool if the races were not mentioned.

so basically what im gathering from parsing the hate threads over the past few moths is that white people feel emotive or social pertaining their social group and that just because another black kid was murdered and such an unwarranted outcry occurred that this incident from a year ago is ripe for renewed media attention since this is what u want to hear about regarding the same statute that got the zimmer kid free on a murder.

so why does he have to plead before a judge if there is a law protecting his actions? isnt that illegal or something? or is that not possible for the law to become illegal logically?

if it were a 70 year old retired white guy from the bread factory down the street protected by the same statute protecting the zimmer dude; and some black guy got shot in front of his daughter engaging himself in an altercation, would the op still give a damn 2 cents to make this post?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yah, what a story. It has all the "news worthy" elements:

Race
Guns
Murder
Child Abuse

Sounds like the wars the US is currently involved in
(or a carefully designed distraction from them),
which appears to be working.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

please dont think all white people are ignorant racist morons. when white people become racist its not totally their fault. some white trash father or mother of theirs failed them . sadly it gets passed down from generation to generation.

for the record im probably one of the most "white" people on ats .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
just like those mobs of blacks yelling kill whitey arent racially motivated eh?

google beat whitey night and then tell me there isnt a racial double standard .

wish i was black, maybe then i wouldn't have to pay my college tuition in full

its good for you that community college isnt too expensive.

i noticed you liked emotes

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

Posted on 22-3-2012

So did you read the article about how this happened over 18 months ago? Yet you felt you had to post it. Maybe to counterbalance another newsarticle? I wonder what the agenda behind this one is...not

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Nope only racist when its the other way around
HANG THE BASTARD!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

way to sterotype a whole group of people. i actually know black people too, lol, you act like that is a big deal and i will disagree with you. not all black people make excuses for their failures. they can actually(gulp) be better, more success, more intelligent than white people.

im just glad people dont assume all white people are ignorant racist because i know quite a few and id hate to be sterotyped because of the color of my skin.

First, I did not say that blacks as a "whole group of people" do any certain thing. I said that "I" have seen how they use their race to unfortunate ends.

Second, my response does not indicate that I think knowing black people is a "big deal." I simply stated a fact: I married into a black family.

Third, I did not say that black people cannot be intelligent, successful, moral, etc. Rather, I stated that "pulling the race card" -- and racism itself -- can have a deeper impact for black people than one might think.

Next time, try reading what is actually written.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Come to detroit,flint michigan everyday more and more shootings

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

What is the racial epithet the shooter spoke on tape before killing the man?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well your title and lack of an actual original post made it to the front page. Im guessing it's your sensation title.

WHY even involve race?!?! Not everything has to do with race, some people are just frigging nuts no matter what color their skin is. It doesn't matter the color of either of their skin a man shot and KILLED another man infront of his daughter, color has nothing to do with it.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join