It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida black man murders unarmed white father in front of 8yr old daughter in park

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

Originally posted by Ameliaair
Might diplomatic of you but the idea of this thread is not the tragedy of either but the race card being played against white people in America.

Perhaps if we all stopped trying to focus attention on skin colors and started dealing with the people themselves we would see a turn around in the way things are.

Are you really trying to tell us that the color of the victims skin and the color of the shooters skin trumps the tragedy that a young girl witnesses her father being killed infront of her eyes?? Wow..and maybe that right there is why things seem to be getting worse in this world rather than better. Compassion at it's finest.
edit on 22-3-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Im so mad I can't even get the formatting correct

........with the fact there's far too many nut-jobs running around with concealed and loaded hand-guns !!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

ok what you are saying is a black man killed a white man and the black man was arrested. now you are saying a white man kills a black boy and the white man is not arrested. now explain to me how im supposed to not see white>black in these situations.

oh yeah you were trying to make these two cases the same. the difference is one man was arrested and one has yet to be.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

ok what you are saying is a black man killed a white man and the black man was arrested. now you are saying a white man kills a black boy and the white man is not arrested. now explain to me how im supposed to not see white>black in these situations.

oh yeah you were trying to make these two cases the same. the difference is one man was arrested and one has yet to be.

The difference, which has been pointed out a number of times, is the fact that it wasn't a white guy shooting the boy, it was a Hispanic guy shooting the boy.

HUGE difference when it comes to racial issues !!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Who not man kills man in front of child?
Why does race have ANYTHING to do with it?
Was it a hate crime?
If not then race is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

The difference, which has been pointed out a number of times, is the fact that it wasn't a white guy shooting the boy, it was a Hispanic guy shooting the boy.

the last name zimmerman just screams hispanic to me. if his family says he is hispanic ill go with it but i still fail to see how these two cases are related. one man was arrested and one was not.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

the last name zimmerman just screams hispanic to me. if his family says he is hispanic ill go with it but i still fail to see how these two cases are related. one man was arrested and one was not.

Zimmerman dad said his family is multiracial. The guy psychically displays features of many of the "hispanics" who have native ancestry in them. I dont know if Zimmerman was an adopted name or his dads white and his mums hispanic yadda yadda yadda
edit on 22-3-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the crime happened over a year and a half ago, thus there's no media coverage.

If you want to try and claim racism, at the very least, find a crime that ocurred in the last 6 months.

Uhhh, isn't that exactly the point? There only seems to be media outrage when they can spin it i to some white boogyman racism story.

It's so telling that so many people are trying to make the Zimmerman shooter a white guy too.
edit on 22-3-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The only racial motivation I could see in the OP and the CNN article was from OP himself. It wasn't a racial issue until people read the thread title. A man shoots a man in cold blood in an altercation—that's the story; but now it's a racial issue because the color of his skin is apparent.

The only racism involved is the deep-seeded racism in the tread title, and from the ones discussing it like it isn't a non-issue.

The REAL discussion should be about how little this man values life—and why. Or is that not superficial enough?
edit on 22-3-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: grammar

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
this wasn't reported nationally either, white couple tortured and murdered by black men. Had no real news value.
edit on 22-3-2012 by HEATHERTHOMSON911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The big part of the problem is that all the people who are fueling this whole issue have no Idea how the law works, Then Sharpton comes in and starts with his mouth. They don't listen!

Zimmerman, said he stopped chasing the guy when the operator told him to. He was going back to his truck (he said) when he then attacked from behind by the 17ys old. When the police arrived Zimmerman had a bloody nose, and a gash on the back of his head.

The only story available is from Zimmerman, now when looking at the marks it shows he was in a struggle. If he is the only one with the story it adds up. The police do not have enough evidence to charge him with anything. So know what do you do. All the bitching in the world should not change the law.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Tonight on AC360: Florida Shooter claims 'Stand Your Ground' defense
Just minutes after we pulled up for our interview with Kanina James, the tears began to flow. We found her sitting on the front porch, alone, and still in pain.

rest at link

ac360.blogs.cnn.com...

I guess this is not racist? Not even national news until now.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Posting Work Written by Others
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

Starting a New Thread
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on March 22nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

As I've commented before on other forums, is exactly why Stand Your Ground is a bad law. When you have people who are unstable or not in confrontation, they will think that as long as I feel like I can't win a fight (did the guy attack Dooley first or did Dooley attack the guy first) just shoot the person and say Stand Your Ground. What is happening is that the Law may be seeing it's last days in use at all. Because just like Dooley may have been in the wrong in using it, so was Zimmerman who may have been in the wrong using it. You see some of you have been race baiting and that is fine since you want to make this about race it sure is in the way the police handled it in both cases.

When Treyvor the 17 year old was shot and killed by Zimmerman BACK IN FEB, he wasn't arrested for the Stand Your Ground Defense and in fact still isn't arrested for it. Even though he called 911 and was told not to pursue but went anyway armed and from his own voice saying the boy was suspicious. In the Dooley case, the shooting happened on Sunday that year and he was arrested Tuesday of the same week, within 48 HOURS. And to be honest with you Dooley had more reason to say it was the case because he was walking back to his property and from the court proceedings the 41 year old victim tried to grab at him.

So yes we do have a case of racism, on the black individuals. Because there wouldn't be no speeches or commentary if Zimmerman was arrested by the police the same day or a few days later for the unarmed attack just like Dooley was. It showed how in the reversal that if your black and do the same thing (and as I said Dooley had a little more of an excuse to say it because he was walking back to his house and the man grabbed for him) the police treated Dooley way different than Zimmerman. So if you want to say racism, they went after the old black guy within 48 hours but Zimmerman and the 17 year old kid, they still haven't arrested him.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The proper description of this is "a reparations protester took care of business with a reparations offender" ...if you are white you carry the guilt of previous generations who used slave labor to build this country....it makes no difference to their argument if your family owned no slaves or if your family was even
In the country prior to 1865...you benefit by enjoying a country built by slaves ....hence you are an offender...anyone who demands money(reparations)or does violence(reparations protester)is considered a foot soldier in the cause... www.nationalblackfootsoldier.com

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Their website is an interesting place to spend time...along with the one for the National Black Liberation Militia's website...you start seeing just how far into disrepair our country has fallen

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
CAPS!

He’s using a statute in Florida known as the Stand Your Ground law to try and get the charges against him dropped.

Per your link.

The difference here is that the shooter was arrested and charged with a crime in which he has to defend himself from. He has to prove the Stand Your Ground defense is applicable. Zimmerman should also have to prove this, why hasn't been made to prove it?

Zimmerman should be locked up.

Now, baCK TO MY ORIGINAL REASON FOR POSTING THIS.

How the race card is being constantly played against white America.

You just played the race card yourself.
Why not say

"How the race card is being constantly played against Americans"??

I'll tell you why.
Because it was important to you to mention exactly which group of Americans was being targeted.
When in fact, it doesn't even matter.
What matters is how the race card is being used in America against Americans and what we can do to stop it.

I'll go a step further.

How the race card is constantly being played against human beings one to another.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To me, it sounds like he's trying to pull a "Law Abiding Citizen" and prove that the system is flawed to the point where anonymous criminals can kill and get away.

What does this guy background look like? Is it clean?

Does he have anything to lose? I hope not.

I highly doubt that some scumbag would kill a man in cold blood then use "Stand Your Ground" not long after the Zimmerman incident.

In GA, it's called, "Shoot first, ask questions later" It's worst because you have to "feel" threatened.

Anyway, I think he's trying to change the law.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm just glad we are all here separated from the ignorant people. The truth is black and white! Not the skin color!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They've recently discovered that Williams hit Zimmerman as he walked to his SUV and then Williams Hit Zimmerman, knocking him down. Williams was on top of Zimmerman pummeling him. People actually heard Zimmerman yelling for help before he shot Williams. Supposedly Zimmerman was bleeding from the face and had grass stains on the back of his shirt to substantiate self defense claims. HENCE, no charges pressed. Yes Zimmerman was wrong to follow him, without a doubt but, from what I understand, Zimmerman has helped police arrest some criminals before so he took pride in what he did. He wanted to get another scuzz of the streets but he did it in the wrong way. Zimmerman should be charged IMO but Williams was not the angel that the media portrays him to be.

DId you also know that Williams was a trouble maker and was on a 5 day school suspension? How many honor roll students do you know get school suspensions. According to MSM he was a good student. Good students don't get suspended.

BTW, MSM is told to quell on reporting black on white crimes in order to keep people from having discerning views on blacks. Food for thought.

That's why the Knoxville horror case didn't get as much media attention as the Zimmerman case did and the Knoxville horror case is absolutely disgusting, with the black men even claiming that the poor woman wanted to die from aggresive black sex. If you search enough online you can read all about the testimonies in that case, yet again, it didn't recieve nearly the attention that the Zimmerman case did.

There definitely is an anti white agenda and its to divide us. Divide and conquer. It makes it easier for TPTB to controll us.
edit on 22-3-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I wonder if racism is the problem here or might it be the Stand Your Ground defense? We will see if like car accidents the victims start piling up. I imagine they will be in all colors. Who ever is the first to draw and shoot will live. I have my open carry license renewed because walking around unarmed in FL might get me killed.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I think you have to quit making assumptions - that is what Zimmerman did and he will probably be charged with manslaughter. The boy was suspended for lateness and it should have nothing to do with this.

Regarding the OP's incident I think it has more to do with the stand your ground law...and the other you mention - so tragic and horrible but we could pull black on white and white on black crime stories all day. It is tit for tat. The media hides as many heinous white on black crimes as the reverse. They don't want to instigate race riots. They report the news but don't want to MAKE THE NEWS.
You have to look at each case differently and judge it according to what happened. In the Orlando case - I heard the Police are receiving tips from the community and these tips are helping them get "closer to an arrest."

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
the premise to threads like these is narrowly racist. the fact is coporate elitists have not a muli-cultural paradigm planned, but a NO CULTURAL paradigm envisioned. wait, already enacted i meant...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join