It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut Up Already With The Anti-POTUS Drivel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Though I appreciate the OP's view and agree on some levels --- I cannot respect puppets.

I can respect Jim Henson as a puppeteer - his skill in animating empty vessels rivals the Empire's.

The point is --- Presidency is an Illusion.
The administrations are an illusion.

These people have the same damned agendas - and if you can't see that, then you need to get both eyeballs examined (Not directed at the OP)

Presidents are like Conduits for Hate. It's a patsy, that everyone can aim their hatred at. Once they've reached critical mass, assuming how many terms the PuppetOTUS can dance - they retire, and some new puppet steps in. Boasting change. Boasting freedom. Propelling the illusion. Whilst their agenda continues.

Let's think clearly is all. The entire system is corrupt. To blame it on Obama is not Wrong, but it is too Easy and it is no different than saying Hitler was behind it all.

---- And regarding the birth certificate --- GOOD, MAKE HIM PAY -- I don't really care! They should all be sent to prison.

To think the President has Power is Hilarious.
But to have sympathy for the President is also Hilarious.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You have to kidding me.

Obama deserves respect?

HA!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"Want real change? Let's put an end to the electoral college and the two party system and reform campaign financing laws to even the field for everyone. This could open the field to legitimate third parties, and end the constant liberal/conservative bi-partisan quibbling. By now, certainly after the last twelve years, it's proven itself a completely outmoded way of thinking."

I like this! Direct election, Majority of popular votes wins. Hand ballot. Counted in public. Just like we did the class president back in high school.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
How can a citizen respect someone that doesn't respect the U.S. Constitution??

I happen to agree with those that say the Constitution needs an overhaul - - - and that many people use it as an excuse in these forums.

The Constitution is a 200+ year old framework. It needs an update.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No factual political base?? What planet do you live on?

First off, here's some links www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now onto more FACTS.

1. He requested & signed the NDAA provision, giving himself & all future presidents totalitarian-level power; he believes having the lawful ability to assassinate, torture, and indefinitely detain whomever he likes is justifiable.

2. He unilaterally decided to bomb Libya, resulting in the deaths of thousands of innocents. No Congress, the Constitution gets thrown out the window. He has also said on multiple occasions, including recently, that he will consult with the UN, bypassing Congress whenever he likes.

3. Ran his 08' campaign on the anti-war platform, yet has expanded the wars.

4. Ran his 08' campaign on reforming drug laws, especially the outrageous marijuana ones. Immediately after obtaining office, he LAUGHED in the face of those who asked when/if he would follow up on this. Instead his administration cracked down on the marijuana users. He's allowing the private prison industry to flourish.

5. Extended the Patriot Act, which we now have been told has secret parts that the American public would be stunned by.

6. Retroactive immunity to Bush administration, wiretapping companies, big banks & other fraudsters.

7. Consistently made deals with the banks, pardoning their crimes for measly fines.

These are only a few of the things Obama has done that warrants "anti-POTUS" rhetoric; which is why in fact he deserves to be impeached. I wonder what sort of apologist material you'll come up with.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'll ponder your thread, while I spend $70 to fill my gas tank today. Trying to get a full tank before the price goes up again...tomorrow...

Des

blaming that on Obama?
Obama doesn't set the gas prices...
AND we pay less than pretty much every other country on earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I should make one just like this for POTUS.

LEAVE BARRY ALONE!!

Hard to believe he is doing some much damage by accident or due to ignorance. Nope, I think it is on purpose.

And before you ask, Annee, do your own research... Open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by Annee

No factual political base?? What planet do you live on?

First off, here's some links www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now onto more FACTS. I'll correct some of your "FACTS" and add some FACTS you left out.

1. He requested & signed the NDAA provision, giving himself & all future presidents totalitarian-level power; he believes having the lawful ability to assassinate, torture, and indefinitely detain whomever he likes is justifiable.
That's just not true. That's the interpretation of many crazy people on the internet.

2. He unilaterally decided to bomb Libya, resulting in the deaths of thousands of innocents. No Congress, the Constitution gets thrown out the window. He has also said on multiple occasions, including recently, that he will consult with the UN, bypassing Congress whenever he likes.
Both democrats AND REPUBLICANS were urgin him on to do it. The republicans were some of the most vocal criticizers of why he took so long to bomb Libya. Plus, you should check out what the constitution says about treaties...it's the President's job to make sure they are honored. and Libya was a NATO led attack.

3. Ran his 08' campaign on the anti-war platform, yet has expanded the wars.
That's a half truth. In the middle of his administration he did expand the wars slightly. Nowhere near the extent of another Iraq or Aghanistan. Lately we have been withdrawing many troops.

A war with Iran is GUARANTEED if a republican is president.

4. Ran his 08' campaign on reforming drug laws, especially the outrageous marijuana ones. Immediately after obtaining office, he LAUGHED in the face of those who asked when/if he would follow up on this. Instead his administration cracked down on the marijuana users. He's allowing the private prison industry to flourish.
I know he admitted to smoking marijuana. I'd like to see some proof that he said he would reform drug laws and legalize pot.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

And before you ask, Annee, do your own research... Open your eyes.

Actually my brain works in Spacial Thinking.

My brain sees everything in boxes - - then connects the boxes.

So - I'm probably getting a more expanded overall view then you are.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Much more so than the lack of respect, for me it's the plain ignorance and poorly hidden racism behind such ridiculous attacks.

There is SO MUCH not to like that he and every president does. The Obama hate has become just a bunch of ignorant drivel. If you want to change something, or even just to vent, make an intelligent argument about serious issues. Or place it in the Racist Rant section where it belongs. Oh, there's not a Racist Rant section?? Exactly.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Exactly which one of the 3 proven fake BCs are you referring to?
Mombosa BC
African Press
It appears Kenya was able to produce a real BC
edit on 22-3-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Obama does what he was supposed to do from the beginning. A figurehead to blame all of americas problems on, and people buy into it and eat it up.

Do you people still not get yet that obama isnt in charge running the country by himself? Do you understand how multibillion dollar corporations own our country and government? How many more years will it take?

Im guessing many. POTUS really means nothing anymore but people will remain willfully ignorant while ignoring history and facts altogether. The problem is our entire system and anyone who truly believes it still works. It does not work, never has and never will. I know its difficult to accept, you have been told its the best system ever your entire life. We will soon learn why that is simply not true.

The system will eventually crash and a large number of people will still blame obama or the next puppet in office for the whole thing. What a sad and uneducated country we live in. There is no excuse with the wealth of knowledge not only on this site, but on the rest of the internet. Dont forget about real history books that can be found in a library, something that has been replaced with propaganda spewing television and radio news.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto
Complaining about the President has become a national pastime, and the disrespect shown for the highest office in the nation is disgusting.
The disrespect shown BY the "highest office in the nation" to the constitution and WE THE PEOPLE...is what is disgusting...sorry.

OP in this thread Sheriff Joe wants Obama's original draft card. WooT calling the President of the United States an, "ass hat," is a perfect example of a disgraceful lack of respect for the office.

I thought it was common knowledge and sense by now that respect is something you earn and prove yourself to deserve...not something just handed out blindly because of titles and positions...

You may not like the man in office. You may not have voted for him (for the record, I didn't). If you live in the United States, however, he's still your President, and as such he deserves a modicum of respect.

Ok Bill O'reilly...

I'm surprised you decided to join ATS...I don't think you will find one single person here that welcomes your tripe...your "shut up" thread title and the above comment is enough to confirm who you are...If you aren't...you are a wannabe O'reilly impostor...

Again anyone on this planet only deserves the respect they EARN to each individual...as far as IM concerned no POTUS has earned my respect until he shows equal respect my way and starts obeying the gdm constitution AS IT IS WRITTEN...not as he interprets it.

And as far as I'm also concerned hes not "MY" president...I had nothing to do with him being in the position he is in...hes someone else's president...He just happens to lead the country I was born in...

That's not to say we shouldn't be able to speak out against decisions he's made that we don't agree with, however ad hominum attacks or derisive language used to describe the President is out of control, and has been since 1996, when Clinton repealed sections of the the 1934 Communications Act that gave rise to FOX News, MSNBC, and other single-sided pundit-based platforms for blow-hards like Rush Limbaugh.

HA, dont forget BILL O'REILLY...you do realize how much you sound like him right now don't you?

An Obama birth certificate was produced and certified as authentic by the state that produced it. I'm sure many of you can point to "evidence" denying the certificate's authenticity, however, he's been in office for nearly an entire term. Get over it, already.

Sounds like you are the one who needs to "get over it already"...if there is nothing to worry about and all is legit as you believe...then whats the matter? People still talking about it really bug you that much? Is someone harassing you with this topic? Or maybe are you harassing yourself by engaging in dialogue you obviously view as ridiculous...you know you have an option to just....not participate and you know..."get over it"

I've read constant moaning on ATS from those saying how disliked Obama is. How the entire country is against him. The fact is his national approval rating is comparable to (if not better than) what GWB's was toward the end of his first term in office.
Ok so you justify his rating by comparing him to probably one of the worst criminal presidents that has EVER run this nation? That is like saying Charles Manson is really a good guy because hes nothing like Hitler...

Also, again...you are reading constant moaning because you are choosing to do so...your irritance is but your own fault...no one is ringing your door bell shoving this all down your throat.

It's also worth noting the incredible crapstorm Obama inherited when he came into office. Despite all of this, it appears he's doing a fair job. It's not like POTUS has much say in national policy, anyway. If you want to vent your frustration at the 'ass hats' in Washington, look no further than our corporate purchased Congressmen and Women, who prove their fealties to big corporate private interests over and over again through their voting records and porked out bill submissions. Obama, by the way, was no different when he was in Congress.

Want real change? Let's put an end to the electoral college and the two party system and reform campaign financing laws to even the field for everyone. This could open the field to legitimate third parties, and end the constant liberal/conservative bi-partisan quibbling. By now, certainly after the last twelve years, it's proven itself a completely outmoded way of thinking.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Exsisto because: Pedantic

Wow Bill, you are starting to make some sense now...

edit on 22-3-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
The disrespect shown BY the "highest office in the nation" to the constitution and WE THE PEOPLE...is what is disgusting...sorry.

Is anyone besides me tired of hearing this?

If it isn't Hitler - - its the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Its called an analogy it helps get a simple point through thick skulls...sometimes...

and you will stop hearing about the constitution when it becomes relevant again...Because its literally been beat to death you expect people to just stop considering it?

I'm genuinely curious how one becomes "tired' of hearing about the "constitution" when that's the doctrine that was supposed to be the foundation of this entire country...do people just not like "rights" anymore?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Why should I respect some who clearly doesn't respect me?
"We don't have the first amendment so we can talk about the weather"
-Ron Paul

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
Why should I respect some who clearly doesn't respect me?
"We don't have the first amendment so we can talk about the weather"
-Ron Paul

Ron Paul would destroy America by creating 50 little countries.

Exactly like Iran - - with multiple tribal groups - - - all vying for control.

Throw E pluribus unum - - in the shredder.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

The "POTUS" is a ass hat, and I actively disrespect him, because I have no respect for him. He's lied on all the grounds he said he wouldn't, and has actively allowed the constitution to be violated, continuously.

Therefore, I will with all of my power - call him an ass hat as many times possible before the end of his term. If there was a decent President, a good President, or a great President, I would not feel this way - but, a President that acts like an ass hat deserves to be called an ass hat.

That will be all.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto
This is a non-partisan opinion
He He.

It is always the partisan who open a conversation with, "This is a non-partisan opinion," then go on a partisan rant. My Grandmother is always sending the family "non-partisan" internet articles from very partisan sites (many proclaiming their partisanship). It is always non-partisan if you agree with it.

Complaining about the President has become a national pastime, and the disrespect shown for the highest office in the nation is disgusting.
Of course it is a national pastime. The economy sucks, gas prices suck, jobs suck, the debt sucks, housing market sucks, pretty much everything sucks. The president is the man in charge. Everything sucks. Sorry, comes with the territory.

OP in this thread ... calling the President of the United States an, "ass hat," is a perfect example of a disgraceful lack of respect for the office.
Perhaps he is an "ass hat". The OP was voicing his opinion, as we are still free to do. Just because your partisanship doesn't like it doesn't make it wrong. I thought Bush was an "ass hat". So what? Clinton was an "ass man"

You may not like the man in office. You may not have voted for him (for the record, I didn't). If you live in the United States, however, he's still your President, and as such he deserves a modicum of respect.

Your parenthetical is quite funny. I think perhaps you just might have accidentally, just maybe, perhaps, however unlikely, against all odds, actually voted for Obama. Maybe. Perhaps.

Well, he is still the president and it does make him the leader of my country, that doesn't make him my president.

And another thing. He does get a modicum of respect. He gets at least the level of respect that the position itself has available to it. He gets all the honors of the position and the meetings with other State dignitaries, etc... Just because private citizens may say disparaging things about him does not mean he gets no respect.

What you are really saying is quite childish and is the typical foot stomping complaint of someone who feels their personal opinion is being disparaged.

That's not to say we shouldn't be able to speak out against decisions he's made that we don't agree with, however ad hominum attacks ... used to describe the President is out of control, and has been since 1996, when Clinton repealed sections of the the 1934 Communications Act that gave rise to FOX News, MSNBC, and ... platforms for blow-hards like Rush Limbaugh.

The words you use (highlighted by me) are pretty telling of your political partisanship.

Control on speech is otherwise known as censorship. How do you plan to control what someone can say and who is to determine what is fair and balanced? You? I get the feeling from your thread that your opinion on fairness and balance may differ from mine. Perhaps I should be the judge of what can be said?

An Obama birth certificate was produced and certified as authentic by the state that produced it. I'm sure many of you can point to "evidence" denying the certificate's authenticity, however, he's been in office for nearly an entire term. Get over it, already.

More of those partisan words (highlighted by me)

This really bugs you doesn't it.

I've read constant moaning on ATS from those saying how disliked Obama is. How the entire country is against him. The fact is his national approval rating is comparable to (if not better than) what GWB's was toward the end of his first term in office.

Your continued comparisons to Bush continues to show your degree of partisanship. Just letting you know.

It's also worth noting the incredible crapstorm Obama inherited when he came into office.
Partisan talking point and old news.

It's not like POTUS has much say in national policy, anyway.

If you want to vent your frustration at the 'ass hats' in Washington, look no further than our corporate purchased Congressmen and Women... Obama, by the way, was no different when he was in Congress.
Agree with you there, but would like to add that the was is an is. He is not different, now or when he was in Congress. Bought and Paid For

Want real change? Let's put an end to the electoral college and the two party system and reform campaign financing laws to even the field for everyone. This could open the field to legitimate third parties, and end the constant liberal/conservative bi-partisan quibbling. By now, certainly after the last twelve years, it's proven itself a completely outmoded way of thinking

No argument there.

So, if you want to rant about something at least be honest.

BTW:
Ron Paul 2012
edit on 22-3-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Its called an analogy it helps get a simple point through thick skulls...sometimes...

and you will stop hearing about the constitution when it becomes relevant again...Because its literally been beat to death you expect people to just stop considering it?

I'm genuinely curious how one becomes "tired' of hearing about the "constitution" when that's the doctrine that was supposed to be the foundation of this entire country...do people just not like "rights" anymore?

In a short span of digesting your post - - - I give you "kudos" for a different approach and getting my attention.

YOU - - actually have an individual unique point of view.

Nothing that is 200+ years old - - - does not need a tune-up.

But at least you are not throwing Constitution around like it is a Velcro Trak-Ball - - - expected to Stick wherever it lands - - - like lint on a sock - - - or Hitler's mustache.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join