It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut Up Already With The Anti-POTUS Drivel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by OldCorp

ETA: "Timothy McVeigh?" That made absolutely no sense, like the rest of your non-argument.

Your not the only one scratching their head over that statement.

Maybe you should open your mind fully - - - and take another look.

Open to see All aspects - - not a selected "road of choice".

What are you Yoda?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Clarity of mind probably considered a mental disease by the Obama administration!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

80% of the population is not better off with Obama.

I keep seeing you and others say this.

Why don't you say that only 37% consider themselve worse off after going through the worst recession this country has seen since the great depression???

Because that shows that Obama successfully averted disaster that Bush created...that's why you stay with the 80%...to attempt to spread propaganda.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

reply to post by OldCorp

ETA: "Timothy McVeigh?" That made absolutely no sense, like the rest of your non-argument.

What are you Yoda?

Another useless post.

My original post was in response to something actual.

Do I believe terrorist cells can grow/develop in America. Absolutely! There has also been known American citizens who have gone to the Mid East for training. Do I think there has been developments since 911? Yes.

Do I think those who monitor communication know this for a fact? Yes.

Do I think the decision to allow apprehension is the correct decision? Yes I do.

Do I think this applies to or will affect regular American citizens? NO - I don't.

My opinion is based in Logic - - not Emotions.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You have had a hard day here let me help you out.

Old Corp Said:

This last POS Executive Order gives him the ability to turn any American into an "uncompensated" worker in "peacetime or in war," and "in an emergency or non-emergency" - so, basically, anyone can be turned into a slave at any time.

You Said:

You mean people like Timothy McVeigh? Home grown terrorists. I suspect there are many more in the works.

Thats the quote that had us all guessing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto
reply to post by OldCorp

It's baffling that you think religion is a birthright. He's Muslim because his father was Muslim? Someone else is Jewish because their mother is Jewish? Religious beliefs are not dictated by bloodlines. If you believe otherwise you seriously need to have your head examined.

Technically, if your mother is Jewish so are you. It follows the mothers line, but I dunno how Muslims do it. Either way, if you don't practice the religion than you're not a follower of said religion, imo.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Obama Has Increased Debt $5 Trillion --- www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stimulus Package after Stimulus Package -- crazy unemployed anti-obama people -- things are great -- Obama 2012 lets shoot for the quadzillions!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

reply to post by OldCorp

What are you Yoda?

Another useless post.

My original post was in response to something actual.

Do I believe terrorist cells can grow/develop in America. Absolutely! There has also been known American citizens who have gone to the Mid East for training. Do I think there has been developments since 911? Yes.

Do I think those who monitor communication know this for a fact? Yes.

Do I think the decision to allow apprehension is the correct decision? Yes I do.

Do I think this applies to or will affect regular American citizens? NO - I don't.

My opinion is based in Logic - - not Emotions.

To use your own quotes:

Links...links....links.......you are always demanding links...I'd like to see your links....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh that was classic!!! You owe me a cup of pop lol, it's now all over my monitor.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Namaste right back, brother (or sister).
edit on 22-3-2012 by Exsisto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

To use your own quotes:

Links...links....links.......you are always demanding links...I'd like to see your links....

Do some people just try to be stupid?

Nothing I posted in regards to the original post requires a Link. Go to the root.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
Obama Has Increased Debt $5 Trillion --- www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stimulus Package after Stimulus Package -- crazy unemployed anti-obama people -- things are great -- Obama 2012 lets shoot for the quadzillions!!!

You really think Obama's policies are responsible for increasing the national debt by $5T? That's an incredibly short-sighted opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

To use your own quotes:

Nothing I posted in regards to the original post requires a Link. Go to the root.

Didn't think you'd provide a single link....thank you for proving my point. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Anyone's post you question, you scream for links/sources....when it's you posting.... common sense, according to you, is all that's required......so, you cornered the market on common sense....interesting....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Watch this video and tell me you like the way things are and how great Obama is? Obama may not be THE problem but letting problems slip through the cracks just erodes away the dam until in collapses on you.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You mean people like Timothy McVeigh? Home grown terrorists. I suspect there are many more in the works.

Thats the quote that had us all guessing.

Could Timothy McVeigh be classified as a Home Grown Terrorist?

IF credible information had come available prior to his actions - - would it have been beneficial to "hold" him - - while investigating? Without officially charging him?

I say Yes! And support the decision that allows this.

I also understand fully: "With great power comes great responsibility" - - - and trust in government is required.

By Logic - - not emotions - - I support the decision made.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not trying to fight Old Corps fight here but again I ask what that response had to do with this statement?

This last POS Executive Order gives him the ability to turn any American into an "uncompensated" worker in "peacetime or in war," and "in an emergency or non-emergency" - so, basically, anyone can be turned into a slave at any time.

I understand who Timothy is and what he did, how are you relating him to this statement? I am starting to get dizzy here so help me out. Is there a connection I am not seeing?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

To use your own quotes:

Didn't think you'd provide a single link....thank you for proving my point. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Anyone's post you question, you scream for links/sources....when it's you posting.... common sense, according to you, is all that's required......so, you cornered the market on common sense....interesting....

Original comment in response to: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to follow the emotional responses following that - - feel free.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto
reply to post by OldCorp

It's baffling that you think religion is a birthright. He's Muslim because his father was Muslim? Someone else is Jewish because their mother is Jewish? Religious beliefs are not dictated by bloodlines. If you believe otherwise you seriously need to have your head examined.

Tell that to the Muslims and Jews. Those aren't my rules, they are theirs. Somehow, I think you already knew this, because you correctly identified their religious beliefs. One is a Muslim only if the father is a Muslim, and likewise with the Jews who go the maternal lineage route; and it IS conferred at birth.

If you think you can pull a fast one on me, I think it is you who needs to have your head examined.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Not trying to fight Old Corps fight here but again I ask what that response had to do with this statement?

I understand who Timothy is and what he did, how are you relating him to this statement? I am starting to get dizzy here so help me out. Is there a connection I am not seeing?

Just as a known example of a home grown terrorist. That could possible have been stopped if "terrorist chatter" revealed him and his intent. But without the ability to hold him without charges - - he is still free to continue with his plan.

I am well aware of the "slippery slope" - - in regards to individual rights. I am certainly not ignorant to that.

Yes - - I am agreeing and trusting the government to detain a citizen without charges. I am well aware of that.

Logic dictates to me the necessity in facing the increase in home grown terrorists.

Could it be abused? Yes. I am choosing logic over emotion and possible abuse by the government.

Terrorist: I also understand "One man's terrorist - is another man's Hero".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How can a citizen respect someone that doesn't respect the U.S. Constitution??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join