It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut Up Already With The Anti-POTUS Drivel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Really? Do you want me to think for you as well? If so, see my 2nd post in this thread.

More nothing.

No Facts.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by kaylaluv

www.politifact.com...

Don't forget these 4 pages too.

www.politifact.com...

Nine pages of positives, compared to four pages of negatives - not bad. Do you know any president who has accomplished 100 percent of what they set out to?

Let's just take one item from the 4 pages you linked. The closing of Guantanamo.

President Barack Obama's campaign promise to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center has switched from In the Works to Stalled and back again (and again). All that movement reflects a simple dynamic: Obama really wants to close the center. But Congress really doesn't.

The latest turn of events was the law authorizing defense spending for 2011. In addition to funding the military for the year, members of Congress attached several stipulations about Guantanamo. The law says no funds canbe used to transfer Guantanamo detainees to the United States, and no funds can be used to transfer detainees to the custody of foreign countries, unless specific conditions are met about how the prisoners will be held.

Obama didn't like those provisions and issued a statement deploring them. He said the limitation on transferring prisoners to the U.S. is "a dangerous and unprecedented challenge to critical executive branch authority ... ." Of the new requirements on transferring prisoners to foreign governments, Obama said it could "hinder the conduct of delicate negotiations with foreign countries and therefore the effort to conclude detainee transfers in accord with our national security."

www.politifact.com...

In other words, Congress has tied Obama's hands on the matter. Wonder if the GOP had anything to do with that?
edit on 22-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by OldCorp
My sources were public government documents and interviews with the people who DO have a valid opinion (since you don't think much of mine.)

Where did I say I did not value people's opinions- - even yours?

You see - - - you are making stuff up.

Do I think you read stuff? Sure. Stuff you selected.

All I've done is ask for real Facts and Links. That way I can read them and have my own opinion.

I do not watch videos.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Ooooo, she's starting to get nervous.

You don't want to take me on Annee, not on this subject. Shall I post the scripts for you to digest at your leisure? Would you read them? Would they change your mind?

Somehow, I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Perhaps you've heard of the Patriot Act or NDAA? Just two quick examples off the top of my head. I'm sure if you stick around and continue to ask you will continue to receive answers.

The Patriot Act is a piece of legislation passed initially during the GWBush administration, and then extended by Obama.

NDAA has some of the most grotesque affronts to the US Constitution ever seen in American legislation. Yet, I wonder, did you write the President or Congress to protest its passing?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

No...you go fill your own gas tank sweetie...I don't need to provide you with a synopsis on the history of fuel in my country. Use your own brain for a change....use your own wallet as a verifiable gauge....

I had a flat tire yesterday on the way to pick up my daughter from school. Had to buy a brand new tire - out of my own wallet. That's got to be the president's fault, right? I mean, it's not the tire's fault. It's not my fault for driving on old tires, right? It's not the person's fault who left the nail in the road that I ran over, right? I mean, the money for that new tire came out of my own wallet, so... it MUST be Obama's fault!!

Perhaps it is Obama's fault !!

He has a tendency to support flat tire policies

And then he had the Gaul to accuse people of being "flat Earthers"

Would a full blown Communist/Marxist system buy tires for everybody ?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by OldCorp

ETA: "Timothy McVeigh?" That made absolutely no sense, like the rest of your non-argument.

Your not the only one scratching their head over that statement.

Maybe you should open your mind fully - - - and take another look.

Open to see All aspects - - not a selected "road of choice".

Believe me absolutely no one is selecting my road, but seeing as you are responding why not just answer the question? I am not fond of riddles, limericks, and especially not soduku.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It looks like all of those are aimed at small groups.

Yes ?

Hardly the majority.

Help the majority, and everything else falls into place.

80% of the population is not better off since Obama took office.

Women are a small group? Married people with children are a small group? People with credit cards are a small group? You're right, we shouldn't be doing anything that would help Vets, as they are a small group.

What do you want him to do, hand out a million dollar check to every U.S. citizen???

President Obama is not responsible for every bad thing that happens in this country.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Really? Do you want me to think for you as well? If so, see my 2nd post in this thread.

More nothing.

No Facts.

No facts in those 2 YouTube videos I posted? Okay, you are clearly demanding links or whatnot but you are not even bothering to look at what it is you are demanding.

For now on everyone reading this thread should just ignore you, as you clearly ignore the facts, links, proof, sources, etc, that you constantly demand of us.

You,

Facts and Links.
Facts and Links.
Facts and Links.

Me,
Franks and beans!
Franks and beans!
Franks and beans!

This thread was fun.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

You're right, two terrible pieces of legislation, and I did email my rep. about the extension of the Patriot Act, but lets be honest, do our voices really count?

Did you write your reps on said bills?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

It's baffling that you think religion is a birthright. He's Muslim because his father was Muslim? Someone else is Jewish because their mother is Jewish? Religious beliefs are not dictated by bloodlines. If you believe otherwise you seriously need to have your head examined.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I wrote, emailed, and called. The answer to your questions is 'no,' by the way. Unless you're worth lots of money and donate (sponsor) generously.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by beezzer

once again your right on point

P.S. I smell a unusual uptick in pro-Obama threads starting, coincidence? I think not. somewhere on the interweb a blog has inspired the Go 'Bama sheep to action!

It's an election year. You won't be able to swing a dead cyber cat without hitting a simple "innocent" pro-Obama thread soon.

The progs get their marching orders.

Be ready for the "I voted for McCain last time, this time I'm voting for Obama" meme.

Oh, Beezer... I love your posts, although I think you're lost.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No facts in those 2 YouTube videos I posted?

Do you have a transcript?

I do not watch videos - - because mostly they rely on emotions to get a message across.

I have zero interest in anyone's emotional opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Muslim: His father was Muslim, making him a Muslim at the moment of his birth. If you can find any time or place where he "renounced" Islam, I'll let this one slide.

This may be the single dumbest thing I've seen on ATS. You aren't born with a belief.

Birth certificate: Which one? He's offered several different versions. The last one may put him in jail.

It seems I spoke too soon.

Everyone has "different versions"....short and long...he release both.

The last one is making people on the internet look like fools who think they are document experts.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

ETA: "Timothy McVeigh?" That made absolutely no sense, like the rest of your non-argument.

Your not the only one scratching their head over that statement.

Maybe you should open your mind fully - - - and take another look.

Open to see All aspects - - not a selected "road of choice".

Believe me absolutely no one is selecting my road, but seeing as you are responding why not just answer the question? I am not fond of riddles, limericks, and especially not soduku.

Where is the question?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by beezzer

once again your right on point

P.S. I smell a unusual uptick in pro-Obama threads starting, coincidence? I think not. somewhere on the interweb a blog has inspired the Go 'Bama sheep to action!

It's an election year. You won't be able to swing a dead cyber cat without hitting a simple "innocent" pro-Obama thread soon.

The progs get their marching orders.

Be ready for the "I voted for McCain last time, this time I'm voting for Obama" meme.

Oh, Beezer... I love your posts, although I think you're lost.

Namaste.

The closer we get to November, the more cynical I tend to get. Though I think a clarity of mind is what I'm suffering from.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

My sources were public government documents and interviews with the people who DO have a valid opinion (since you don't think much of mine.)

Where did I say I did not value people's opinions- - even yours?

You see - - - you are making stuff up.

Do I think you read stuff? Sure. Stuff you selected.

All I've done is ask for real Facts and Links. That way I can read them and have my own opinion.

I do not watch videos.

Ooooo, she's starting to get nervous.

WHAT?

I'm starting to get nervous?

How the hell did you come up with that?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It looks like all of those are aimed at small groups.

Yes ?

Hardly the majority.

Help the majority, and everything else falls into place.

80% of the population is not better off since Obama took office.

Women are a small group? Married people with children are a small group? People with credit cards are a small group? You're right, we shouldn't be doing anything that would help Vets, as they are a small group.

What do you want him to do, hand out a million dollar check to every U.S. citizen???

President Obama is not responsible for every bad thing that happens in this country.

You are over simplifying.

It's all small potatoes and chicken feed.

80% of the population is not better off with Obama.

If you could give some strong details ???

The only "big" thing Obama has done is make the public liabilities bigger.

Way too much unemployment,
and poverty has Increased....

and the entitlements have Increased....

not good for the majority of citizens.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

In other words, Congress has tied Obama's hands on the matter. Wonder if the GOP had anything to do with that?

So anything promise he kept, he did on his own, and any he didn't it was Congresses fault?

Would love to actually go through the links to see how much that is accurate but meh. Don't care.

Not my president

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Namaste.

The closer we get to November, the more cynical I tend to get. Though I think a clarity of mind is what I'm suffering from.

""Though I think a clarity of mind is what I'm suffering from""

Careful, the Obama campaign may want that as a new Mental Illness Slogan !!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join