It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut Up Already With The Anti-POTUS Drivel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the POTUS has lost it's legitimacy in the past decade, even further back to clinton and so on,
no sane person can take it seriously anymore.

the honor in the president's work is a thing of the past, now it is only ment to maintain an illusion.

edit on 22-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I expect to see many more Obama apology threads in the future.

2 of the best decisions Obama has made have been no-brainers. So easy a former Community Organizer could do it.

1. Giving the order to take out some Pirates.
2. Giving the order to take out OBL.

Other than that, I can't think of any others.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto

Originally posted by khimbar
I am of course exempt, as I'm in the UK and I tend to agree with the ass-hat verdict. And respect is earned, not given by title or rank.
edit on 22-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

Obama won the popular vote and the electoral vote. That alone commands the respect of the Office. I know the Queen isn't the Head of State in the UK any longer, however we don't have a Monarchy here, so it's not like Obama inherited the Presidency by birth right.

No consolation but I have more respect for Obama than the Queen. At least he had to do something to get his title, he earned it by votes and salesmanship at least, occasionally does real work, and can't keep it forever.

I understand your point though, that the Office of President should demand respect. Maybe it should. I don't know but any it had has been eroded away by the actions of past presidents I guess.

In fact, when was the last generally nationally respected, if not liked, POTUS?

Like I say, I'm in the UK so things might be different.

Interesting thread though. And very revealing of the false political paradigms our countries have in common between left and right.

You get a black Goldman guy or a white Goldman guy; we get a red tie or a blue tie. Nothing changes.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Why? You know the truth as well as anyone, you just don't care. You would support Obama if he grew horns, a tail, and turned bright red on national TV demanding that all worship him.

Opinion. With no facts to back it up.

This last POS Executive Order gives him the ability to turn any American into an "uncompensated" worker in "peacetime or in war," and "in an emergency or non-emergency" - so, basically, anyone can be turned into a slave at any time.

You mean people like Timothy McVeigh? Home grown terrorists. I suspect there are many more in the works.

Even the ACLU has charged the President with being "Judge, Jury, and Executioner" and when the ACLU abandons a Democrat you KNOW he's a scumbag.

The ACLU is non-partisan.

I'm not a mindless hack sweetpea. I've done the research and I KNOW who Obama is.

Somehow I doubt it was unbiased research.

I skipped what came off too much as ranting.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here is a list of Obama's accomplishments that have
actually had a long lasting positive impact
on the majority of American citizens:

[crickets]

I'll take a number and have a seat over there in the corner.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

[crickets]

Let's compare our lists. I have a few more than yours (9 pages)

www.politifact.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow I will just grab one example from your opening rant op.

That's not to say we shouldn't be able to speak out against decisions he's made that we don't agree with, however ad hominum attacks or derisive language used to describe the President is out of control, and has been since 1996, when Clinton repealed sections of the the 1934 Communications Act that gave rise to FOX News, MSNBC, and other single-sided pundit-based platforms for blow-hards like Rush Limbaugh.

Yep only one reference in there and it just so happens to be directed at a right wing. Surprise surprise I guess we really know what this thread is all about.
And for the record I am neither right or left or center, I personally can't stand any of the lying cheats. Absolutely no one will get my vote this election. And by the way Obama sucks as a president, anyone that can't see he is paid off and hell bent on doing what he wants not what the country wants is not in touch with reality. I wouldn't trust him to feed my goldfish let alone run a country.

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Why? You know the truth as well as anyone, you just don't care. You would support Obama if he grew horns, a tail, and turned bright red on national TV demanding that all worship him.

Opinion. With no facts to back it up.

This last POS Executive Order gives him the ability to turn any American into an "uncompensated" worker in "peacetime or in war," and "in an emergency or non-emergency" - so, basically, anyone can be turned into a slave at any time.

You mean people like Timothy McVeigh? Home grown terrorists. I suspect there are many more in the works.

Even the ACLU has charged the President with being "Judge, Jury, and Executioner" and when the ACLU abandons a Democrat you KNOW he's a scumbag.

The ACLU is non-partisan.

I'm not a mindless hack sweetpea. I've done the research and I KNOW who Obama is.

Somehow I doubt it was unbiased research.

I skipped what came off too much as ranting.

Apparently you skipped watching the videos too. My sources were public government documents and interviews with the people who DO have a valid opinion (since you don't think much of mine.)

"First they came for the..."

Enjoy your slavery Annee. I intend to fight it.

ETA: "Timothy McVeigh?"
That made absolutely no sense, like the rest of your non-argument.
edit on 3/22/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

www.politifact.com...

Don't forget these 4 pages too.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My sources were public government documents and interviews with the people who DO have a valid opinion (since you don't think much of mine.)

Where did I say I did not value people's opinions- - even yours?

You see - - - you are making stuff up.

Do I think you read stuff? Sure. Stuff you selected.

All I've done is ask for real Facts and Links. That way I can read them and have my own opinion.

I do not watch videos.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

once again your right on point

P.S. I smell a unusual uptick in pro-Obama threads starting, coincidence? I think not. somewhere on the interweb a blog has inspired the Go 'Bama sheep to action!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

No...you go fill your own gas tank sweetie...I don't need to provide you with a synopsis on the history of fuel in my country. Use your own brain for a change....use your own wallet as a verifiable gauge....

I had a flat tire yesterday on the way to pick up my daughter from school. Had to buy a brand new tire - out of my own wallet. That's got to be the president's fault, right? I mean, it's not the tire's fault. It's not my fault for driving on old tires, right? It's not the person's fault who left the nail in the road that I ran over, right? I mean, the money for that new tire came out of my own wallet, so... it MUST be Obama's fault!!

Whaaaa????...I don't put tires in *my* gas tank...do you.....

To answer your vague, at best, question....IMOHO...yes, it is Obama's fault the price of gas has drastically gone up.

He vetoed the Keystone pipeline...he SQUANDERED billions on companies like Solyndra..and his cronies who made millions off back room deals......

Des

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

ETA: "Timothy McVeigh?" That made absolutely no sense, like the rest of your non-argument.

Your not the only one scratching their head over that statement.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Shiny stars? Someone jealous of another stars? I don't get it. All I was doing was answering that poster who continues to ask for proof, links, and/or sources. I sense a great anger in you

What about them indeed? Are you playing coy trying to insinuate there's nothing wrong with these bills? That they do not infringe on our liberties, rights, or freedoms? No, I know I do not have to explain to you what these bills are about. These two bills alone show that Washington DC is continuing to erode American liberties. Its that simple.

Listen to Rand Paul and his thoughts on the Patriot Act.

As far as hating on the POTUS, or Obama, that's clearly all to easy as the OP is complaining about. I don't put sole blame on any POTUS because I know the POTUS isn't all powerful, nor is he running the show. At best he's just a public figure for all of us to yell at. I'm past that. My focus is on Washington DC, not Obama.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

[crickets]

Let's compare our lists. I have a few more than yours (9 pages)

www.politifact.com...

It looks like all of those are aimed at small groups.

Yes ?

Hardly the majority.

Help the majority, and everything else falls into place.

80% of the population is not better off since Obama took office.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

It really is annoying.

Especially since most attacks on Obama - - - are directed at him as a person.

Which is exactly where they should be directed. The Poser-in-Chief has been proven to be a liar, a fraud,

And the majority of the Anti Obama assertions are Lies and fraudulent.

Muslim: His father was Muslim, making him a Muslim at the moment of his birth. If you can find any time or place where he "renounced" Islam, I'll let this one slide.

Birth certificate: Which one? He's offered several different versions. The last one may put him in jail.

Draft card: Even more poorly forged than the BC.

Secret commie: Hmmm, I'm thinking more Fascist.

Black panther: His 20 year affiliation with Jeremiah Wright (former Muslim btw) who runs a "Black Power" ideology church and Eric Holder's quashing of the charges against the Black Panthers that were wielding clubs outside of a voting station doesn't do it for you? Then I'm afraid you have imbibed too much Kool Aid and are incapable of making an honest appraisal of Obama's performance.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by Exsisto

Originally posted by khimbar
I am of course exempt, as I'm in the UK and I tend to agree with the ass-hat verdict. And respect is earned, not given by title or rank.

Obama won the popular vote and the electoral vote. That alone commands the respect of the Office. I know the Queen isn't the Head of State in the UK any longer, however we don't have a Monarchy here, so it's not like Obama inherited the Presidency by birth right.

Well the good thing is all these rational people will have their mentality used as a guide post
for America when Obama is gone in 9 months!

How exciting is that?

If you think Obama will be unseated by whichever goofball the Republicans end up sending to the general election, you'll most likely be proven wrong. And, if that Republican goofball does become President, and you think the game will change as a result, you'll most certainly be proven wrong.

Obama ran on a platform of "Hope and Change," and we've gotten very little of either from his Presidency.

So much for me being an Obama apologist.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Exsisto because: Pedantic

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by beezzer

once again your right on point

P.S. I smell a unusual uptick in pro-Obama threads starting, coincidence? I think not. somewhere on the interweb a blog has inspired the Go 'Bama sheep to action!

It's an election year. You won't be able to swing a dead cyber cat without hitting a simple "innocent" pro-Obama thread soon.

The progs get their marching orders.

Be ready for the "I voted for McCain last time, this time I'm voting for Obama" meme.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Annee

Perhaps you've heard of the Patriot Act or NDAA? Just two quick examples off the top of my head. I'm sure if you stick around and continue to ask you will continue to receive answers.

Maybe you could do something - like post an honest and complete unbiased factual list of Obama's accomplishments - - then critique them from your point of view.

With Facts and Links.

Instead of make unfounded accusations.

Really? Do you want me to think for you as well? If so, see my 2nd post in this thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by OldCorp

ETA: "Timothy McVeigh?" That made absolutely no sense, like the rest of your non-argument.

Your not the only one scratching their head over that statement.

Maybe you should open your mind fully - - - and take another look.

Open to see All aspects - - not a selected "road of choice".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join