It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut Up Already With The Anti-POTUS Drivel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is a non-partisan opinion thread. So, before you jump on me about how I'm a liberal so-and-so whose opinions are clearly pro-Obama, please read the entire thing.

Complaining about the President has become a national pastime, and the disrespect shown for the highest office in the nation is disgusting. OP in this thread Sheriff Joe wants Obama's original draft card. WooT calling the President of the United States an, "ass hat," is a perfect example of a disgraceful lack of respect for the office.

You may not like the man in office. You may not have voted for him (for the record, I didn't). If you live in the United States, however, he's still your President, and as such he deserves a modicum of respect.

That's not to say we shouldn't be able to speak out against decisions he's made that we don't agree with, however ad hominum attacks or derisive language used to describe the President is out of control, and has been since 1996, when Clinton repealed sections of the the 1934 Communications Act that gave rise to FOX News, MSNBC, and other single-sided pundit-based platforms for blow-hards like Rush Limbaugh.

1934 Communications Act Required Fair, Balanced Reporting

An Obama birth certificate was produced and certified as authentic by the state that produced it. I'm sure many of you can point to "evidence" denying the certificate's authenticity, however, he's been in office for nearly an entire term. Get over it, already.

Hawaii Presented Obama's Certified Birth Certificate

I've read constant moaning on ATS from those saying how disliked Obama is. How the entire country is against him. The fact is his national approval rating is comparable to (if not better than) what GWB's was toward the end of his first term in office.

Historic Chart Of GWB's Approval Ratings Throughout Term

Historic Chart Of Obama's Approval Ratings Throughout Term

It's also worth noting the incredible crapstorm Obama inherited when he came into office. Despite all of this, it appears he's doing a fair job. It's not like POTUS has much say in national policy, anyway. If you want to vent your frustration at the 'ass hats' in Washington, look no further than our corporate purchased Congressmen and Women, who prove their fealties to big corporate private interests over and over again through their voting records and porked out bill submissions. Obama, by the way, was no different when he was in Congress.

Want real change? Let's put an end to the electoral college and the two party system and reform campaign financing laws to even the field for everyone. This could open the field to legitimate third parties, and end the constant liberal/conservative bi-partisan quibbling. By now, certainly after the last twelve years, it's proven itself a completely outmoded way of thinking.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Exsisto because: Pedantic

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It really is annoying.

Especially since most attacks on Obama - - - are directed at him as a person.

And have no real factual political base.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'll ponder your thread, while I spend $70 to fill my gas tank today. Trying to get a full tank before the price goes up again...tomorrow...

Des

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
By destroying this country and destroying liberty and freedom, the POTUS is showing he has zero respect for the country as well as zero respect for it's people, so to reciprocate a lack of respect towards him is not only justified, but inevitable..

Perhaps if he respected the office and what it stands for, people whould have respect... Respect has to be earned, and all he's done is poison the presidency..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto

You may not like the man in office. You may not have voted for him (for the record, I didn't). If you live in the United States, however, he's still your President, and as such he deserves a modicum of respect.

edit on 22-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

I am of course exempt, as I'm in the UK and I tend to agree with the ass-hat verdict. And respect is earned, not given by title or rank.

link   
I find more disdain for those who call for respect for a position simply because of it's stature. The reality of the position of POTUS has never been more clear in that it is nothing but the office of a figurehead.

The president is just a face and a distraction, a focal point for controversy while the machinations of the government have changed little over the last several decades. The corruption is bipartisan, the taint is complete and has covered every corner of the government.

Sorry but any critical thinking person who has paid attention to history has absolutely no obligation to show respect to a jesters throne just because it sits figuratively on high. It is this exact disposition that keeps so many asleep and content with criminality in the face of obvious subterfuge.

Keep decrying the dissidents with your empty reasoning, you would see men made slaves just to worship illusions.

link   

Originally posted by alienreality
By destroying this country and destroying liberty and freedom, the POTUS is showing he has zero respect for the country as well as zero respect for it's people, so to reciprocate a lack of respect towards him is not only justified, but inevitable..

Back up your opinion with facts and links.

Instead of insults.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I responded to something similar in another post and again here I will post the same question.

Did you say the same when Bush was in office? Or were you on the "Bush is the devil" bandwagon? Remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander and also in the USA we have this pesky little right called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. We have the right to say anything we want about our government and elected officials whether it is good or bad. When people were bashing Bush, I would never have the audacity to tell others to stop because they have the RIGHT to do so.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'll ponder your thread, while I spend $70 to fill my gas tank today. Trying to get a full tank before the price goes up again...tomorrow...

Des

Please provide real information on how gas prices are assigned.

Tell me how the president is directly responsible for this.

Facts and Links.

link   
if the shoe fits..........

really what else needs to be said?

link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Your way of bringing 'order' to ATS is by opening a thread with the words 'shut up'...

+4 more 
link   

Originally posted by Annee
It really is annoying.

Which is exactly where they should be directed. The Poser-in-Chief has been proven to be a liar, a fraud, and is probably criminally complicit in the coverup of his past. His friends and mentors are real winners too. He has, without a doubt, done more damage to the Constitution than any President in history.

You want me to respect that? NEVER.
edit on 3/22/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yea a President that thinks the congress is not needed is definitely worth supporting....

The latest assault on the American public and formerly free states of the United States of America, has been launched. Obama constructed and issued the Executive Order referred to as National Defense Resources Preparedness. Under this Order, [National Defense] is clearly laid out. It is clear that the federal government, all of its unlawful agencies, agents, private corporations operating in fraud as “public service” agencies, our military, all of our resources, our labor, our skills, energy, commerce, production, agriculture etc., are now focused on defending the federal government……..from us.

This order is the fulfillment of Obama’s “We can’t wait” strategy wherein Obama openly declared his intention to by-pass congress (essentially informing them they were no longer needed) and to enact tyrannical and dictatorial mandates by circumventing congress and enlarging the powers and enforcement capabilites of unlawfully constructed federal corporations owned by the parent corporation: The United States a.k.a. The United States of America.

ppjg.me...

Bypass the people, bypass the congress -- Why doesn't everybody just start kneeling and chant hail King Obama or Sieg Heil Obama
edit on 22-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

It really is annoying.

Which is exactly where they should be directed. The Poser-in-Chief has been proven to be a liar, a fraud, and is probably criminally complicit in the coverup of his past. His friends and mentors are real winners too. He has, without a doubt, done more damage to the Constitution than any President in history.

You want me to respect that? NEVER.

Facts and Links.

Facts and Links

Facts and Links.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Des

Please provide real information on how gas prices are assigned.

Tell me how the president is directly responsible for this.

Facts and Links.

No...you go fill your own gas tank sweetie...I don't need to provide you with a synopsis on the history of fuel in my country. Use your own brain for a change....use your own wallet as a verifiable gauge....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You are asking them for the impossible.

Irrational hate and facts are like oil and water.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Des

I spend more than $70 to fill my tank and I'm not happy about it, either. However, this isn't the fault of the POTUS, who stated a truth the other day when he said the answer to lowering our gas prices is lowering our demand. It's in part my fault, because I drive a car with a sixteen gallon tank that gets about 16 mpg.

Get over yourself, and take some responsibility, which is another problem with this country right now. Everyone seems willing to blame our problems on politicians while the proletariat idles. You want to spend less to fill your tank? Get a Chevy Volt or a Prius or a Nissan Leaf or ride a bike. And, if you're driving a bigger car (like a truck) because you need it for work, your vehicle and fuel are tax write-offs, anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Somehow, this thread reminds of this youtube video.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Des

So Obama controls the price of gas!

All lies, all the time, gotta love the non stop barrage of lies

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Annee

You are asking them for the impossible.

Irrational hate and facts are like oil and water.

I guess it's hard to see common knowledge with your head in a place that lets in zero information..

All of the things he has done is on evry news station on a daily basis and yet you both want links?

The facts are as plain as day and if you cant see it, then it is due to your own self inflicted faults..

I guess you really are proving that love is blind.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join