It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jazeera Fakery : Syrian Propaganda War Laid Bare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Al-Jazeera Fakery : Syrian Propaganda War Laid Bare

www.youtube.com

Many employees at Al-Jazeera news channel are resigning over the Qatari-based news network's biased coverage of events taking place in the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Caught again... after the Anderson 360 debacle... Now becoming a daily ritual, MSM including Faux news source Al-Jazeera is caught red handed. Multiple story lines playing out for all to see. RT is seen winning the info war for those not still in a catatonic state..

This is getting to be hilarious.

Trolls welcome, one and all.... I hope you guys are getting paid overtime for all the crap you are now covering..

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sorry your evidence seems to be in lack of reality. Your telling me that RT discovered that Al-Jazeera is faking news on Syria? RT is a Russian news agency which indicates that they are pro-Syrian. They would do anything to bash on Al-Jazeera because Al-Jazeera stands against the tyrant lead regime.

Shame on you, dawnkey.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

did you even watch the video?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
RT accusing another news service of fakery?

Oh the irony!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So because RT reported on this it must be fake or nonsense? Lets see what other non Western news sources have to say...

Al Jazeera reporter resigns over "biased" Syria coverage

english.al-akhbar.com...

Al Jazeera Arabic's Beirut correspondent, Ali Hashem, resigned on Tuesday after leaked emails revealed his frustrations over the news channel's coverage of Syria, according to a source within the television network.

Hashem's resignation comes weeks after pro-Assad hackers leaked emails that revealed the dismay among Al Jazeera's staff over its “biased and unprofessional” coverage of the Syrian uprising.

“Hashem's misgivings are clear and well-known, and are no longer a secret to anyone," the source, wishing to remain anonymous, said.

"You can check the emails he sent to his colleague, Rula Ibrahim, to know his position which changed after the station refused to show photos he had taken of armed fighters clashing with the Syrian Army in Wadi Khaled. Instead [Al Jazeera] lambasted him as a shabeeh (implying a regime loyalist).”

The source also said that Hashem reported his dismay to several officials in the station, not just to his colleague, Ibrahim.

Complicating matters for Hashem was Al Jazeera's refusal to cover the uprising in Bahrain.

“[In Bahrain], we were seeing pictures of a people being butchered by the 'Gulf's oppression machine', and for Al Jazeera, silence was the name of the game,” the source added.

According to the source, Hashem was not the only Al Jazeera reporter to express his frustration over its coverage. Staff members in Al-Jazeera's offices in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Syria, and Bahrain also voiced similar opinions.

The source explained that most reporters at Al Jazeera are professionals and come from prestigious schools of journalism where such biased coverage is unacceptable and particularly since several field reporters are “seeing the truth” themselves.

Propaganda war affects coverage of Syrian conflict

www.atimes.com...

Al Jazeera Arabic's Beirut correspondent, Ali Hashem, resigned on Tuesday after leaked emails revealed his frustrations over the news channel's coverage of Syria. The network’s server had been hacked by the self-styled Syrian Electronic Army, revealing discontent among some of the network’s employees within the Arab news channel over its coverage of Syria.

The major find in the hack was an email exchange between anchorwoman Rula Ibrahim and Hashem. In conversation with her colleague in Beirut, Ibrahim says she had "turned against the revolution" in Syria after realising the protests would "destroy the country and lead to a civil war". She went on to deride the opposition Free Syrian Army as "a branch of al-Qaeda".

While Al-Jazeera has remained tight lipped on the breach of its server, the state broadcaster in Syria lauded the revelations in the email as proof of the subversive role foreign proxies were playing in sowing chaos in the country. When Hashem spoke to Daily Maverick on Sunday evening, he blamed his departure from the Qatari-owned network on a politicisation of the news. "We are in the era of a politicisation of media, that’s one of the reasons why I left Al-Jazeera," he said. "Today the owners want their agenda to be clear on the news diary, they are paying money to make use of their media outlet, I can't impose on them to abide by media ethics, the best thing if you don't like it leave it and so I did.

Al Jazeera reporter resigns over “biased” Syria coverage

spyghana.com...

Al Jazeera Arabic’s Beirut correspondent, Ali Hashem, resigned on Tuesday after leaked emails revealed his frustrations over the news channel’s coverage of Syria, according to a source within the television network.

Hashem’s resignation comes weeks after pro-Assad hackers leaked emails that revealed the dismay among Al Jazeera’s staff over its “biased and unprofessional” coverage of the Syrian uprising.

“Hashem’s misgivings are clear and well-known, and are no longer a secret to anyone,” the source, wishing to remain anonymous, said.

“You can check the emails he sent to his colleague, Rula Ibrahim, to know his position which changed after the station refused to show photos he had taken of armed fighters clashing with the Syrian Army in Wadi Khaled. Instead [Al Jazeera] lambasted him as a shabeeh (implying a regime loyalist).”

edit on 22-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
what the syrian propagandists need is a good Kony
..oh wait...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow, can you believe Al-Jazeera goes to lengths to fuel a civil war in Syria? oh wait...isn't that what the rest of the world are doing?

I've friends in Homs, we spoke to them a week ago under very strenuous conditions because the phones were cut off and the internet was barely working. But they had internet so we chatted a bit.

Here's a newsflash for you: What they told us, doesn't match ANYTHING of what we see on TV or the news.

According to the Sunni friend who's married to an Alawite lady, (if you've been following the conflict you'd know these two are supposed to be fighting each other now), there are armed opposition groups who do nothing but target each other's sects now. The fighting between the Sunni and the Alawi opposition was so bad, that the Army had to come into Homs to quell the fighting. Once the tanks came in, the fighting subsided a bit.

What does that tell you about whats going on in there? Three things: 1. the government isn't doing all the killings. 2. the government is trying to control the ongoing clashes between the sects by putting their weight on it. 3. This is now a civil war, and not just the government randomly killing people. But if you look at all the news being covered in the area, it looks like the government is doing all the killing and the opposition is fighting the government. No such unity exists. In fact, arming the opposition now is probably the worst idea ever.
edit on 22-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Wow, can you believe Al-Jazeera goes to lengths to fuel a civil war in Syria? oh wait...isn't that what the rest of the world are doing?

I've friends in Homs, we spoke to them a week ago under very strenuous conditions because the phones were cut off and the internet was barely working. But they had internet so we chatted a bit.

Here's a newsflash for you: What they told us, doesn't match ANYTHING of what we see on TV or the news.

According to the Sunni friend who's married to an Alawite lady, (if you've been following the conflict you'd know these two are supposed to be fighting each other now), there are armed opposition groups who do nothing but target each other's sects now. The fighting between the Sunni and the Alawi opposition was so bad, that the Army had to come into Homs to quell the fighting. Once the tanks came in, the fighting subsided a bit.

What does that tell you about whats going on in there? Three things: 1. the government isn't doing all the killings. 2. the government is trying to control the ongoing clashes between the sects by putting their weight on it. 3. This is now a civil war, and not just the government randomly killing people. But if you look at all the news being covered in the area, it looks like the government is doing all the killing and the opposition is fighting the government. No such unity exists. In fact, arming the opposition now is probably the worst idea ever.
edit on 22-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

For the love of God, you are someone with real information. Lots of my family live there and yes I can vouch for every word you said.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

So because RT reported on this it must be fake or nonsense?

Where did I say that?

It is typical of ATS pundits to put words into people's mouths.

Try using some critical thinking for a change.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

You've no idea how terrified we are for the people we know there. I hope your family members are safe and sound. My prayers are with them.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Where did I say that?

Oh the irony!!

Right there, you say RT is accusing another news service of fakery. So let me apply your advice and use some critical thinking! You accuse RT of faking news stories or perhaps you are accusing RT of faking this news story? Either way, I wanted to show that RT isn't faking this story as it stems from hackers hacking Aljazeera's journalist emails. So its not RT who accuses anyone of anything, but the Aljazeera journalist who resigned. RT is just reporting. And lets be honest with ourselves, what MSM source isn't above fakery, lying, and sensationalism? Who is your go to news source?

Thanks for the advice!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Where did I say that?

Oh the irony!!

Right there, you say RT is accusing another news service of fakery.

Yep - they've been known to do so on occasion.

So let me apply your advice and use some critical thinking! You accuse RT of faking news stories or perhaps you are accusing RT of faking this news story?

Good of you to ask the question rather than leaping to a conclusion and you did previously - I see you have taken the lesson already.

RT IS well known as a source of bogus news - and it is ironic that they are highlighting another news service that has screwed up. that is Irony.

I never said that THIS story has to be fake because of RT's pathetic history of posting drivel.

Indeed it is trivially easy to show that not every story on RT is drivel, or even that most of them are. But there's enough of them that it makes this action of theirs ironic!

Either way, I wanted to show that RT isn't faking this story

congratulations - you did that.

You could have done it as well or better without trying to put words into my mouth that I never said.

Thanks for the advice!

You are welcome.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

RT IS well known as a source of bogus news - and it is ironic that they are highlighting another news service that has screwed up. that is Irony.

I'm well aware many folks don't appreciate RT and the same can be said for CNN, Fox, BBC, so on and so forth. Please, do post these bogus stories so we all can be educated. Also, what news source do you follow or do you not follow anyone in particular, but rather pick and choose from multiple outlets?

Good of you to ask the question rather than leaping to a conclusion and you did previously - I see you have taken the lesson already.

If you'll notice, my very first post in response to yours was indeed a question, not a conclusion.

Me:

So I do pat myself on the back by showing you that RT isn't full of it when they reported on this issue. Once again, its not like its only RT and RT alone accusing Aljazeera of propaganda and the Syrian conflicts, but rather an ex-journalist who resigned from Aljazeera. RT is just reporting, and doing in their RT fashion.

congratulations - you did that. You could have done it as well or better without trying to put words into my mouth that I never said.

And once again, no one put words into your mouth but questions of you were asked. And next time, try not to be such a jerk about your misconceptions.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Thanks for that post. It is unfortunate that the first causality of war is the truth so the actual problems cannot get solved and instead the conflict escalates. For some good news the UN security council has finally reached a consensus and moving towards a mediation role instead of the invasion role the US and NATO was backing. Getting to the bottom of the actual conflict is the first step.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul defending Western Mainstream War Propaganda

And believing Al-Jazeera while you should know Al-Jazeera is a mouth piece for the Qatar government and the King of Qatar has funded the network Al-Jazeera.

Since the Libyan protests of last year i have followed Al-Jazeera and i have seen news clips footages where Al-Jazeera and Euro news have shown the benghazi port.

From what i have seen it seems Some Group or something have shipped the Libyan rebels and there modern advanced weaponry with the cargo ship.

Which i have seen it on a Euro news clip.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

check his posts.Always following and pushing the govt propaganda mantra.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
-
edit on 23-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Aljazeera doing it again ? Here's a vid concerning a phone call cops received about bombs in a theater...

www.youtube.com...

Helping the us to ban citizen rights and guns...

www.boilingfrogspost.com...

edit on 18-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join