It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you REALLY believe in alien visitors?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Aliens have been here since 1.000’s of years.

For some 100.000 years we had little progress just hunting animals and gathering food.

Then all of a sudden we start with astronomy, higher mathematics and build pyramids all around the globe.

All ancient cultures speak of “Gods coming from the heavens” and teaching them.

Why can’t we simply accept what they say without trying to “interpret” something into it?

Ok, when the aliens where running around earth back then, why not now?

We have become too dangerous.

Defending yourself against a bronze sward is one thing, defending yourself against a 9mm is a different story.

A nuclear device detonating in space is much more powerful then here on earth.

Because the atmosphere slows the radiation down.

So our nukes are not as useless as we might think if we have to defend ourselves against UFO’s in space.

I am fascinated by Tigers, and would love to stroke one.

But all I can do is watching them from a distance, because they are just too dangerous.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I enjoyed watching this clip but couldn't help wondering about somethings stated. According to the segment, the fifties show a huge spike in the reports of ufo's from everyday people. Wasn't Eisenhower thought to have been the president who had a secret meeting with E.T.'s? Could that have been why there was such a dramatic leap in sightings around Washington, D.C.?

And don't forgot in 1938 the Orson Welles radio show, "World of the Wars", which has since come to light was a pysch op to see how people would react to landings from UFO's. Right there that sounds fishy that the fifities was the "start" of the rash of UFO sightings and interest. From that alone makes me very sceptical of what the governments relationship and or knowledge of UFO's and extraterrestrials where back in the thirties?

Another thought is what was all the movies depicting alien invasions in the fifties? Was it merely catering to sudden public interest or a way instill fear in the public? Could they have been afraid people would welcome seeing UFO's so that is why the movies where so prevalent?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Cool pics. You know the very disjointed thing about it is that individuals with an alien related experience HAVE to believe in what happened to them. If whatever experience did not happen to them, they WOULD be the same as everyone else and not have any outrageous beliefs (of course there is a small percentage of the world who do have outrageous beliefs but they are easy to sort out for me).

That's why people believe in aliens to be paranormal, interdimensional, or physical beings. Everybody agrees that that don't know, just that something happened to them relating beings who looked like aliens if they were to take an educated guess.
edit on 23-3-2012 by greyer because: paranormal, interdimensional, or physical beings

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
People in the past werent making their living from books you know, especially whenever we talk about ancient times. Considering some events that at first were considered just a myth became/turned out to be reality. the possibility that some others are real events absolutely cannot be excluded.

I still see these names 'aliens' being used in some documents, like with Eisenhower and some other presidents, and they do not seem to be code names/nicknames of anything. Belief is wrong but I call this for myself 'Evaulation of existing data'

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well, I believe it because I've seen it...but I also think that I've seen it because I believe it. Once you have seen craft that are not of this world, and are no way the technology that we humans possess, I think you can't help but believe that they are here.

I have seen various evidence that has mad me more of a believer, but the truth is, it's just one of those things I think you either know, or you don't. It's a feeling just as much as it is fact. I believe my eyes, though, so that's my answer.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We are the alien visitors! for some reason i think some of us got trapped on earth and couldn't escape back to our "Mothership". We need to escape this planet soon. No Planet is safe! will "they" come save us? i hope so.

edit on 3/23/1212 by Hawkeyes because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

This may have been stated before but your argument essentially boils down to this:

It's 230 BC and your community is reviewing the work of Aristarchus of Samos who came up with a method for (sorta) calculating the distance to the moon. (Side note: He's a good guy to look into for just how long the "right" answer (heliocentrism) can be rejected by people who think they have proof the suggestion is impossible.)

Someone says "I believe humans will walk there."

You build a model that shows how far you understand people are capable of travelling, especially vertically, given the understanding of the laws of physics (at the time), the technology available, the time a human has to live, the size of a vessel needed to bring all the food needed to sustain their lives, etc.

You show a series of images demonstrating just how utterly massive the distance is among other difficulties, and conclude "This isn't possible".

Fast forward to now where we know that the only thing people lacked in 230 BC to go to the moon was a more complete understanding of physics and more capable technologies. The people themselves were *always* capable of going to the moon. The materials required to do it was always there. The mathematics and physics were always there.

The only thing lacking was THOSE human's awareness of the possible hidden right under their nose/feet.

----

You are free to believe it *isn't* possible/probable, but it requires only a modest understanding of the history of "progress", especially in travel to see how rather naive it is to assume that YOUR concept of what is possible given the information available NOW has any bearing on what is actually possible.

It doesn't require thinking we're all that special for the same reason that "tribes" that were encountered in the spread of Western and Eastern civilizations weren't "special" but were still stumbled across. People who *love* insects don't discover new species because they are "special"... but because they are actively out there looking for them or stumble across them while looking for something else.

Despite your protests... we DO go out of our way to visit ant hills. Not all of us, but some of us.

We must learn from our past... that whatever is *actually* possible right now is only limited by our awareness, not by the size of the universe relative to our bodies. If that were true, no tribe would have crossed an ocean. No man would have gone to the moon. No probe would reach the outer edge of the solar system. Etc.

So we each as individuals get a choice. We can be part of the group that sits around waiting for someone else to tell us what is possible and spending our imagination time trying to prove why something is impossible. Or we can be part of the group spending our imagination time trying to figure out why so far we've managed to do so many things that were previously unimaginable (possibly considered insane enough to kill someone for)... and thus in the process discover what is missing in US that is preventing EVERYTHING we can imagine to be possible.

What if it's possible to travel by thought alone, thus removing ALL distance issues? (Hint, there are plenty of people already exploring this.)

It's no more far out than suggesting "seeing" Paris from New York in real time to someone living during the American Revolution. Now we just call it wireless video transmission and splash advertisements and propaganda all over the image.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/3/23 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To OP

Can you locate me exactly within 1 feet in the world map ? Nope
If you can, would you like to meet me ? Might, lets just say yes
If you met me where I live, would you come again to visit me, if its easy, just to look/hangout with me ? Might, lets just say yes

Now, in your images, earth is not visible at all, so am I on world map. Yet you want to visit me if thats allowable/holiday etc. On the alien side, earth is a "place", Mars however is not. Its because earth have 1 thing that is so precious to them, intelligent life form - human.

I bet if we found them, we too will try our best to "visit" them, for whatever reason.
p/s: on the alien intention, I believe its "harvesting" instead of "investigating".
btw, I also saw theyre interested in our daily stuff, I watched a UFO checking out sky light beam.
edit on 23-3-2012 by NullVoid because: add!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
People keep referring to space travel in terms that we (as our current understanding of the known universe) could only understand through our own technology.

I believe that aliens can move through space and time which means that it wouldn't take light years to get from one solar system to the next, they could be there in an instant. If you got technology that's thousands of years ahead of us you also have a better understanding of the universe and the laws that govern it.

So yes I believe we are being visited and have been for long time, they just don't want to make themselves know to us publicly for they're own reasons. Probably because they see the way we treat each other they want to stay away from our destructive and selfish nature.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
well maybe im just off about what is being discussed here but i have been to only one continent and it is the one i live on and in my entire life i have come in contact with many ant hills so i believe that any aliens that are visiting earth live fairly close to our solar system which could possibly explain why it seems like we mostly only hear about the "grey" aliens coming here and abducting people. And since it doesnt appear that there are any densely populated (or populated planets at all) in earths general area, it seems like earth would be a prime candidate for visitation. so yeah i highly doubt that there are any deep space aliens coming to earth but i do believe that it is possible that we are being visited by aliens in our general area of the universe. and also they could be visiting us doing research or something, much like we do with animals on our own planet, i mean people have been studying sloths for decades and yet there are still people fascinated by them and study them.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
No. I believe there's an agenda out there to persuade people that aliens are real. For what reason? I'm not sure exactly, but the agenda is definitely there and it hints something. That something, I believe, has to do with trying to change the paradigm or the world view of the masses; something where the people of all backgrounds can ease into a world belief system where any religion is the 'right way' (where they believe truth is relative). (except for those Bible loving Christians)
edit on 22-3-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

I don't wish to derail this thread, but I'm just curious if you could explain why you feel the bible doesn't allow for other intelligent life in the universe? Don't you think you are limiting the awe inspiring capabilities of God by placing such human constraints on what he can and can't do? I'm a Christian (in faith, not so much in acts), and I see nothing in the bible that would indicate we are the only life form in the universe other than the angels.

The universe is SO vast, with SO many stars and planets, that to claim there isn't any life out there is almost paramount to willful ignorance. I've never understood why some Christians feel so threatened by the idea of life on other planets. To me personally, it just further demonstrates the majesty of God and His creation. We know so little, and are instructed to be humble and seek wisdom, yet we have people who declare with certainty that we're the only biological life form in the entire universe (and do so without a single scrap of scriptural evidence to support their claim).

If you could briefly explain what grounds you base your conclusions on, I would appreciate it. Feel free to U2U me if you would rather not discuss it here. I am genuinely curious, and not looking to argue

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No, I do not believe in 'alien' physical visitors. I take the Biblical view that there is an unseen spiritual world in existence and that He (God) sits outside of our time and space. I believe that man is a special and unique creation and that this life is only a stage that it passed through. Earth sits in it's own relative time, and to me, scripture shows His promise to step back in after two days, or 2,000 years. Looking at the hype and push regarding the whole subject of 'ETs', occultism, spirit channeling, paganism and rising criticism of Christ Jesus as a "fable" in the western nations only, proves it to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
No, I do not believe in 'alien' physical visitors. I take the Biblical view that there is an unseen spiritual world in existence and that He (God) sits outside of our time and space. I believe that man is a special and unique creation and that this life is only a stage that it passed through. Earth sits in it's own relative time, and to me, scripture shows His promise to step back in after two days, or 2,000 years. Looking at the hype and push regarding the whole subject of 'ETs', occultism, spirit channeling, paganism and rising criticism of Christ Jesus as a "fable" in the western nations only, proves it to me.

I'm confused...Why does any of that mean there can't be life on other planets?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
if aliens did come to earth would that be the end of your faith

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
if aliens did come to earth would that be the end of your faith

For me personally, absolutely not. It would just make my faith stronger, if anything (although I would be skeptical and cautious of the nature of any such event). But I suspect that those who hold the view that humans are the only life in the universe would have their faith shattered if alien species were revealed to be a reality. This speaks volumes to me about the strength (or lack there of) of their faith. Placing human restrictions on something so far beyond our scope and understanding, it brought the universe into being.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I believe the pictures you provided will give a lot of people the visuals they lack to understand how massive space really is. It's... beyond humans.

It is the height of human arrogance to say that we are alone in this universe. But then again, as much as I hate to say it, the "sheeple" out there do not care/want to learn about this. But they make sure to keep in tune every Thursday night for the new episode of Jersey Shore.

Sigh...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Kudos on the "scale o' stuff" graphics and in answer to the question....

I might imagine that lifeforms from non Earth environments may behave in a similar way to earthbound scientists in that they go out to places, find stuff, analyse it, catalogue it, write papers and move on.

As to the question of how they manage the task of getting here from there, it baffles me and 99% of my body says that it's not possible, even if they exist.

But that 1%, oh that 1% that looks at images here and in other places on the internet, that makes your body scream "Oh yes!" that 1% just seems to know it's possible and it's happened.

The distance, the scale, the improbability of finding this planet and visiting it, that all goes out the window. You just want it to be true and you know it to be true.

I just so want to be one of the people who sees that first ship from elsewhere descending through the clouds, whether it's the same bunch who've been here before or not.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I definitely believe that there are intelligent life forms out there somewhere and I welcome the idea that they have visited us in person in the distant past. But I don't think they have been back personally for many years if they even are in fact, the same civilisation.

I do believe in UFO's (I have experienced a handful of sightings myself) but I lean towards my theory that these UFO's have nothing more inside them than wires and circuitry and are merely long range probes sent out from their home planet(s). This, in my mind, explains how UFO's can pull off these reported extreme manouvres without harming the alleged occupants, as there is nothing living inside them in the first place!

I appreciated your diagrams and it is truely mind boggling to think how large the universe is and how insignificant we are in the grand scale of things but for all we know, these other civilisations may not be as far away as we imagine.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I believe other life does exist in the universe but I think it's probably unlikely we are being visited by it (well... maybe by alien races looking for biological specimens, just like we humans go into rain forest's/ocean depths etc collecting different biological material for research). I think that visitors (if any) are coming from either our own distant past or distant future (millions or possibly billions of years away) or from alternate dimensions. I think all moments in time all exist at once and every moment is constantly happening, It's just that human consciousness gives the impression of traveling along this timeline. Who knows, maybe the typical 'grey' alien is what the average human will look like in 1 billion years?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You're assuming limitations on technology and spirituality. How do you know they don't have technology that detects radio waves from much further and deeper length's than we can? No... best assume that there ARE a limitations. Open your mind, can you really say how limited other races would be? Can you really say they WOULDN'T be interested in our spiritual development, especially at this point in our evolution? The fact that we CANNOT answer these questions INdefinitely leads me to remain open to the possibility that they could find us. Ego and arrogance play no roles in this; it's that we can't for sure say that they CAN'T.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join