It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you REALLY believe in alien visitors?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Never underestimate the ability of our ancestors to exercise their imaginations.
Just think of the things you made up, and even believed as a child without ever really seeing anything based in solid reality.

People want to believe in something more fantastic than themselves, because, by extension, there's dream perchance that they too could realize such fantastic abilities, features, or traits themselves.

If there's some invisible guy living in the clouds, and I'm really nice about paying him tribute in some fashion, invisible guy in the clouds might one day let me chill in the ball'n luxury o his crib.

It's nice to have wants.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Interesting posts. But I believe alien visitors is the only answer to how we came to be. In my mind, life probably flourishes throughout our universe. And I think its obvious the ancient people had technology and understandings that far passes ours. I think that is the best evidence we have of alien visitors.

The pictures, it only shows me that theres lots of space to play in. That means many homes and many neighbors, and many subspecies and ant hills. I'm sure someone else has visited earth

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yes. I REALLY believe in alien visitors.

First off I want to state my opinion that people who dismiss UFO/ET reports by giving their opinion on our curent understanding of reality as making such travels impossible or some anthropocentric reasoning as you gave while excluding everything else is a blind skeptic approach. One that permeates this and other conspiracy theory skepticism. As a result there is nothing anybody could do or say to dissuade you of your opinion. Which makes further discussion pointless.

I have no idea why extraterrestrials would want to come to this planet. I just know that I've seen enough UFOs to come to the conclusion that they are here. There are a myriad amount of reasons for such visits and many which we might not have even come close to stumbling upon given our rather limited view of the universe.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Without a doubt yes, I believe wholeheartedly we are not alone

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
What is this image of?

Reflection or aberration. it doesnt look like a saucer

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Come on GEORGIA I know they are active there too! Wake UP..maybe you will connect with this TELEPATHIC LINK we have going on here. Check out Northwest UFO and look up Georgia and see how many sightings you guys have had there..or check out MUFON

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Nice post with clear graphics, great. But to answer your question, yes and this from personal experience or at least family type personal. You may not need to look outward to find the answer, look dimensional as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't think there is any other life in the universe except for us. I think the bulk of UFO sightings can be catergorized under the psycho-social explanation. I've never heard of or read about a genuine extraterrestrial sighting.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No. I believe there's an agenda out there to persuade people that aliens are real. For what reason? I'm not sure exactly, but the agenda is definitely there and it hints something. That something, I believe, has to do with trying to change the paradigm or the world view of the masses; something where the people of all backgrounds can ease into a world belief system where any religion is the 'right way' (where they believe truth is relative). (except for those Bible loving Christians)
edit on 22-3-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I don't think there is any other life in the universe except for us. I think the bulk of UFO sightings can be catergorized under the psycho-social explanation. I've never heard of or read about a genuine extraterrestrial sighting.

Not to attack you, but are you really that arrogant to think we're the ONLY intelligent live in this universe? Look at the OP's pics and other pics of our universe, there cant NOT be intelligent life out there!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Gen 1:1)

I believe the universe, which uni-verse means 'spoken word', is what God created in an instant in the beginning to show us and His angels, His glory and majesty. And I believe that we're the only created intelligent beings in the entire universe. (excluding the angels in Heaven). Is God capable of doing all this just for us? Absolutely.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

but what would be the reason, especially if we cant visit it out there?

"Seems like an awful waste of space" - Ellie Arroway, Contact

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

They got this one on 7 cameras. Nov 5 2010 Santiago Chile.

CEFAA officials collected seven videos of the El Bosque UFO taken from different vantage points. Bermúdez commissioned scientists from many disciplines, aeronautical experts, and air force and army photogrametric technicians to subject the videos to intense scrutiny. They all came to the same conclusions. Each video included three different, mainly horizontal loops flown by the UFO within seconds of each other. The object made elliptical passes either near or around each of three sets of performing jets. It flew past the Halcones, F5s and F16s at speeds so fast it was not noticed by the pilots or anyone on the ground below.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 22-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

I agree with you completely. While I do believe there is other life out there somewhere, I certainly have no proof that it is intelligent life, or life more advanced than we are. I do not believe we are being visited by anything. I have no reason to believe that any other life has the ability to travel further than we can.

I may be wrong, but that's what I believe until it's proven otherwise.

But it has and recently...www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i've seen super fast flying saucers ( two of them). possible it was aliens, also possible it was just people. I think aliens though, nothing egotiscal about thinking aliens would come here. i'd go to another planet even if there was no life on it if i could.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This reminds me of a conversation I had with some friends over a particularly nice sipping bourbon.I put it to them like this:

Picture if you will,a neighborhood where everyone goes about their own business and for most part is a quiet burg.But down the street in one house,lives an extended family that plays loud music,is always fighting amongst its self,and every other day they shoot or stab each other in stupid fights.

One day you find that you get an email inviting you to come visit this family at their house.In fact you not only get one email,but they spam your inbox,telling you how excellent it would be if you came to visit,and extolled you with the virtues that they live by,and how cultured they are.

What would you do?
edit on 22-3-2012 by Cygnus_Hunter because: to put in some ,

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

My 2 cents, since I'm just a bit drunk.

None of this is "real", nor is it fiction. At the lowest level, the universe is quantized. A digital representation! Even bits of self correcting code are apparent in deep mathematics.

The ones we think are aliens, are us, or rather, what we will be. Time is not an illusion but it will be malleable to our will.

There are aliens on other planets. For the most part, they'll/we'll never know if each other exist. Does it really matter to you?

There are also spiritual/alternate-worldline/alternate-reality beings but they are largely terrestrial and have been with/close to us for centuries.

Some interstellar societies may make contact. In a vast set of universes like ours, only God knows what wonders can happen.

Carbon based life is all we have experienced but is not all that could exist.

Our task, upon advancing ourselves away from our type 0 civilization, is to begin the process of advancing other species too. Think planet of the apes where we become the benign "first ones".

Some people, however, will never get it. "Magical thinking" is a throwback, PREVENTING advancement, particularly spiritual!

We can and will shape our future, not through wishing & hoping, but through attempting, failing and attempting until we succeed. Growth and struggle are intertwined.

Individuality is a lie preventing true intimacy and advancement together. Everything that can be done by an individual has been done. Now we have a field of options that require us to work together.

To paraphrase Sagan "If there's no life out there, it's an awful waste of space".

God exists because entropy rules a Godless universe, and we can see that there is something other than entropy going on here.

Take joy in the joyful and pleasure in the pleasurable. Otherwise you may as well be dead (perhaps you are and are awaiting life)?

edit on 23/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Is there life out there? I'm guessing the answer must surely be YES. We will find something eventually, or perhaps evidence of an existence that once was, but ultimately the distances involved seem hell bent on making sure communication will be a long, slow process. Oh but how great it would be to receive a message or discover something in this lifetime...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I have been reading a lot of the "visitor" type posts for aliens visiting the Earth. There are a lot of members here who think that it would be absurd for anyone to think we have NOT been visited. My thought is actually the opposite of this notion at this point in time. While I do believe there are plenty of other life forms in the universe I find it very egotistical, that we as humans, believe we are so special that we require visitation from "beings" from other planets in the Universe.
snip

As all persons who believe that there are other forms of life similar to us in "creation" (not in the religious sense but as an overall word), you are dealing with desire not facts. Imo, there are not that many members who disagree with you, me being one of those who does disagree. It has nothing to do with absurdity, it has to do with simple common sense. Have you seen a being that was not a human? If you did, how did you ascertain that it was not of this earth? How did you ascertain that it was from far away and did you find out how it got here? If you can't answer with yes, then you are only fantasizing.

People who believe in UFOs, and some of those who've had sightings as well, assume that UFOs contain beings and that they come from afar in space. This is simple speculation. We live with a mystery, UFOs, but no one knows anything about them, imo. The Drake equation has done a lot of damage to people's minds 'cause no one dares question Drake. Well, I question his bs theory. He is working only with numbers and anyone can come up with their own results and they still won't mean bupkus! Zero from zero results in zero. Zero plus zero results in zero. Zero percentage of zero is zero. The Drake Equation results in zero 'cause he started with zero.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Do I believe that exotic craft exist? Yes - I have seen one. Do I believe they are aliens from off-planet? I have no evidence to support that. I like to think in terms of probabilities. I know these craft exist because I have witnessed one. Probability dictates that they are human-made. That doesn't necessarily mean they are - I don't know what it was other than the shape and other external observable features and characteristics of the one I saw. It was an object in flight, unidentifiable - a UFO.

I haven't seen any aliens or any convincing physical evidence of them, so I don't know if they exist. I also believe that it is highly probable that intelligent life exists outside our blue marble.

Confusing enough?

edit on 23-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join