It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you REALLY believe in alien visitors?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I believe there are some that have lived with us for a long time now and there are others that come to see our progress every so often. They are bad and good just like we are. They have some kind of connection either to humans or the Earth itself and that's why it doesn't matter how small we are in the universe. Just my opinion, no facts or abductions here

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
there has been so many people all over the world that has seen strange things moving in the sky, and have had incounters with things other than human beings, that i belive we have been visted by things other than humans. whether or not from space im not sure.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I actually read the whole post, and you make a damn good point... Those pictures of where we stand in the universe make me wonder how far the galaxy system goes and to what, its like layers and layers that never ends.. Weirdddd...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Methinks, just due to the vast enormity of scale of the universe, probability is very much non-zero that the universe may indeed have thousands, if not millions or billions of intelligent species.

~500 billion stars in Milky Way.

~400-600 Billion galaxies with roughly 300-600 Billion stars each.
There's enormous reservoirs of water just floating around the universe like this: Largest Water Reservoir in Universe ...

If each galaxy only had one form of intelligent life, that still leaves the 400-600 Billion galaxies in the observable known universe.

Cut that down with any fraction you like, and the results are still non-zero.

We are not alone in the universe.

Yet, we are.

The extreme vast enormity of the universe, the very thing that from a statistical standpoint indicates we are not alone in the universe, also makes it highly improbable that any life anywhere else is visiting any other life.

The universe is beyond huge.
If you could travel instantaneously anywhere, and decided to visit every single star in the milky way for just ONE second, it would take you well over 12,000 years to visit each star for just one second, and that is just ONE galaxy out of hundreds of Billions.

My belief is that there is life out there, my question is really if there is any reason for this "life" to have visited us or if it would even be able to find us? I feel we are fairly advanced as a population in general and we know very little about our own planet and are continually discovering new species regularly as we continue to push the bounds of our abilities.

The universe is either infinite or ever expanding, so if there is life then the continual exploration would suggest they will find us, but unless that much more advanced/accidental discovery, or happen to be close enough to see us, what are the chances and why?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I actually read the whole post, and you make a damn good point... Those pictures of where we stand in the universe make me wonder how far the galaxy system goes and to what, its like layers and layers that never ends.. Weirdddd...

Exactly. Reading all the posts on visitors and seeing the actual size of the universe in comparison to Earth is what made me think about it. We are literally a small grain of sand on a beach.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
earth i think is fairly uniqe as planets go, its colour from outside blue an white would be enough to atract me here to visit it, an what if the planet itself gives off a signal because of its uniqe composition

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
earth i think is fairly uniqe as planets go, its colour from outside blue an white would be enough to atract me here to visit it, an what if the planet itself gives off a signal because of its uniqe composition

Good thought. Our planet does appear much more pleasing to the eye when looking at the planet pictures available. And there is a good chance that should a highly advanced "alien" race exist then they may have optics capable of viewing many more types of spectra than our own, and possibly one that picks up on life at great distances with a simple "scan" of the system around them.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

As always, you make some really good points.

I absolutely do not think we are alone in this massive universe....however, I do not think we are being visited by little gray/green beings with huge eyes and long arms traveling around in ships with lights and playing peek-a-boo with Earthlings....I believe Hollywood has contributed to those images....

And when I say we are not alone, I'm not even sure what that means. I have no idea if there are other Earths out there, but I see no reason why there would not be. Or maybe just other dimensions. Its just a belief since I see no real evidence of it....right now.

I do however think that people are visited by.....something. I tend to lean in more of a supernatural/paranormal view on it. Maybe that is due to my religious upbringing, even though I am not really a religious person per say. I also think some of it is mental. I do believe that there are people out there with disorders that can be diagnosed that attribute to alleged visitations and sightings.

But nope, I don't think alien beings from other planets are visiting us in their spaceships flashing their lights at us and dipping behind trees playing peek-a-boo......
edit on March 22nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Actually,the ones with more of the answers truly are the experiencers, especially if they've been able to change their experiences around a bit, ie. there is a frequency match, and the more love you are , the better they are. This is important because, some people have real positive experiences, others seem to have fear based ones, I think alot of the military co-op ones are like this, also there are bottom feeders. But most have both, and there is lesson or testing ground involved for waking up. Its when you start to make changes and the experiences change that you really start to pay attention to whats going on. Yes there is a spiritual element to the way reality works, but its not religious, its more metaphysics and soul progression.

Not all ETs are spiritual, some are quite scientific however. I've also had experience with cold ones, who weren't negatives, so neutral? And with the last few CME's had my power given back to me on that one, I know those people and bossed him to raise his frequency to love.

We're not who we think we are either! And to take advantage of people in these tests, when they don't remember is really bullying.

There is a spiritual element to ETs and the Cosmos, and that in turn is a Quantum Physics/Metaphyics reality as well, a matrix.

But Et is corporal. And Astral or our Spirit Suits too. Whole range/spectrum. Same ones can be both too.

Some are here stationed for some time as well.

Hollywood is kind of unusual. Do we get inspiration from it, or does hollywood get fed information from the black ops and therefore depict two bodies of info: our technology and our ufology/et creation (we do have programs), and the real McCoy as well? Its the latter!
edit on 22-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Almost totally agree with this post. But I think we could have been visited in the past or we can be visited in the future, I think it is still ignorant to say nobody can reach the earth, just because we can't reach them.
I don't believe in this UFO Phenomenon with many UFOs all over the world. But I don't totally dismiss some theories like Roswell. Could also have been just a robot or a drone and as far as I know, in the newspaper not any aliens were mentioned.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think your post only helps illustrate our lack of advancement. I haven't visited any other 'ant hills' because I'm not technologically advanced enough. My priorities are centered around making a living and taking care of my family. If a civilization is truly advanced, its hard to say what their priorities would be. Its possible all they want is more scientific knowledge. Maybe cost means nothing. Maybe an unlimited energy source is available. I think a lot of scientific knowledge could be gained from observing a species on another planet (like us.) No matter how advanced you are, if you discover something new, you can gain knowledge and understanding by observing.
With that said, I'm still not convinced aliens are visiting our planet. You are right, Space is a big place and finding life doesn't seem to be an easy task. However, I'm not saying an advance race wouldn't have technology to make that search easier. Its likely they wouldn't have such a hard time finding us as we are them.
Even with all the UFO reports, abductions, and alien sightings its hard to say it really is creatures from another planet, because their are so many other things it could be. I'm just saying its not impossible for them to have an interest and not be effected by what effects us currently (economics, priorities, etc.) Its really a matter of opinion and personal belief as to weather or not they are visiting.
Good discussion though.
TXML

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Nope. I believe people are seeing something, though. I don't know what that is, but beyond the liars and the hoaxers, there is ample evidence to suggest that the UFO phenomenon is very real. People are seeing what appear to be "alien" craft in the skies, or landed on the ground, coming out of the water, swimming beneath it or going into it, etc.

I don't for a second believe that every single witness that's ever come forward on the subject are crackpots or completely mistaken about what they witnessed (although 90% probably are). It's the 10% I'm interested in. VERY credible people have seen these things (my own father being one of them, who witnessed one in broad daylight along with the entire crew of the ship he was serving on at the time).

Does that mean these sightings are of space aliens? Absolutely not. The truth is, we don't know what they are. We DO know they exist, however (and anyone who claims they don't simply hasn't done their homework imo).

The truth is, we will probably never know the TRUTH. They could be anything from our own black ops craft, to rifts in time (people seeing our own future aircraft), to inter dimensional beings, to time travelers, to aliens, to some weird and elusive subterranean species. Any explanation you can think of (no matter how outlandish) is equally viable as the "aliens" theory.

IMO, the vastness of the universe just works to demonstrate the fact that we don't know jack (not the other way around).

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
without a doubt

we were visited and are being visited now

i am absolutley certain there are millions of intelligent life forms out there

somewhere there will be huge advanced citys full of different species

imagine a race a million years older than us,100 years ago we were still messing with horses and carts,look how quick we have grown, in evolutionary terms 100 years is nothing, like a fart in a hurricane

There are civilisations out there so mind boggliingly advanced,

its just a shame we wont see them

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by dayve

Exactly. Reading all the posts on visitors and seeing the actual size of the universe in comparison to Earth is what made me think about it. We are literally a small grain of sand on a beach.

"I see a world in a grain of sand" --- William Blake

Vasa Croe --- It is not a question of whether other-worlder's have visited our planet --- because they have --- and will probably continue to do so in the future. The question is why? I'm sure their are many untold reasons why the other-worlder's continue too visit our planet Earth, but this gives me room to speculate, as to why they do.

If the human race survives long enough, we will have to follow the same path as many other alien civilizations have probably done; or perish. That is.... when our Sun boils off all the water from our planet, billions of years from now, we will have to search for another habitable planet to live on. That means.... that the human race must achieve the ability for interstellar travel or perish.

I would like to label these present day interstellar voyager's as ---- The Searcher's [ the one's who search for extraterrestrial life on other star system's.]

I believe.... the major reason why these interstellar traveler's visit our Earth, is to refuel on common seawater, in order to power the photon engine on the interstellar starship, by generating fusion plasma from the seawater; between the two magnetic fields surrounding the starship. The plasma has to be generated, when light photon's are mainly absent in the dark of night on a planetary world.

Anything blue.... means a watery world ----- Which means Earth is probably a high calling card, for any civilization capable of super luminal speeds in an alien starship.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Erno86 because: deleted a sentence

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

You also could hypothesize that they could come from the deep sea. Sort of like on the movie Abyss. This could account for the USOs. I don't know if I necessarily believe that. I'm just throwing it out there.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Expanding on the > 12,000 years to visit every single star in just our galaxy, the Milky Way, for a tiny little ONE second for each star, let's consider the this -

12,000 years to explore every star in one galaxy. For the sake of simplicity, sets say that if this was done with every galaxy, the mean average time would be 10,000 years.

Thus, if you could travel instantaneously, and wanted to explore every single star of every single galaxy in the entire known universe for one second each star: 10,000 years multiplied by 500,000,000,000 = 5,000,000,000,000,000 years which is more time than the totality of the age of the Universe itself.

That's 5 Quadrillion years compared to the rounded up 14 Billion years of the age of the universe.

Million, Billion, Trillion, Quadrillion. that's quite a bit of time.
That's, what? Ten Thousand times longer than the Universe has even existed? Further, that's ,what, likely ten thousand times longer than the Universe will probably even exist?
The Universe would be gone the way of entropy before you were even fractionally started.

You'd certainly have to exist outside of, and not subject to time to do such.

That is, however, how huge the universe is, and that's with instantaneous travel.

Sure, there's life out 'there', and because the universe is so huge as described, there may be entire galaxies setup like Star Wars, or Star Trek, or any other Space Opera in fiction, but, as stated before, because of this beyond vastness of scale, I'm pretty certain that we, here on Earth, are not being visited.

That's not an absolute value on certainty, of course, and as GEL stated, there is indeed SOMETHING going on.
What that something is, is still yet to be known with any conclusivity.

edit on 22-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Good question! Does life exist elsewhere in the universe? Aboslutely yes... In a universe the size of ours it's a statistical certainty, but that presents us with a big problem. As the universe is so vast it makes the distances involved almost impossible to traverse unless the aliens have developed a means of travel that makes going faster than light unnecessary.

I've seen two ufo's and although I make no claims as to the nature of what I saw, I think the likelihood is that any otherworldly visitors are more likely to be interdimensional than intersteller.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

To answer your question,yes i know they are here.

I find it very egotistical, that we as humans, believe we are so special that we require visitation from "beings" from other planets in the Universe.

It's not a matter of ego or being special.Imagine when humans will be able of interstellar travel(star trek style) and find a planet with sentient lifeforms,won't they stay around to study them?Won't they return there to check their progress?Something similar is happening here.

So....on this general theme, how many continents have "you" visited, and on those continents how many countries have "you" visited, and within those countries, how many cities, and within those cities how many towns, and within those towns, how many homes?

Me not many,but scientists,anthropologists,archeologists,journalists,authors,military.How many continents-countries have they visited?A simple person must have a lot of money to be able to travel all around the world.Personally if i had them i would literally visit every country.

Should these other entities in the universe be expected to have any more reason or warrant to do so than we would have to visit an anthill?

Exploration,knowledge,resources,check how dangerous the "ants" are in case of space travel capability,invasion. Their intentions may vary and depend on how advanced those lifeforms are and i don't mean just technology.

Would it be economically feasible for any of us to do this type of exploration?

As i said before if i had the money,i would travel all over the world.I want to see,learn and experience stuff.I try to travel in a different country once a year.But it will take me a long time to visit every place i want to see.
On a global scale and for space travel,if we don't solve our problems first i don't see it happening anytime soon.

Would the knowledge gained from such an excursion be worth the ROI or even pass a cost benefit analysis?

Let's say that we, as humans,travel in stars and find an advanced civilazation that have the ultimate medical knowledge or alternative power sources or even technology that can take us even further to the universe.Would that qualify as a return of investment?

If there are other entities in the universe would there be ANYTHING at all they would gain from observing us as ants in a yard?

Maybe they will learn what to avoid in order NOT to destroy themselves

Seriously now,humans observe the animal kingdom and they create stuff.For example we observed the aerodynamic shape of birds and created the airplanes,chemical engineers look at sharks and how they defend themselves from bacteria in the ocean to create new antibiotics to keep humans healthy.It's called biomimicry.
I don't know what they would gain from watching us,but there must be something worth checking.

Just some of my thoughts. Any others?

Why i know we are visited?Because i have seen them.Not just blinking lights in the sky.I mean THEM.And it's happening all my life.
How do i know it's not just a dream or a fantasy?Because when they first visited me i didn't even know the concept of aliens/UFOs.I was 5 years old and i wasn't allowed to watch tv.Also last Saturday a friend of mine came over and told me that he is a contactee.I know him for about 4 years and he never told me anything.He described things,faces and conditions that i have lived and i haven't told anyone.Even if i had the slightest doubt,now i don't.
Can i prove it?No and that's the reason i don't discuss it.

BTW your thread is well written and although i don't agree with you,you deserve a S+F.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I find it hard to believe someone actually admitting they believe in the possibility of neighbours but then disregard all the ancient texts and histories regarding Annunaki, Sky gods and all the other different names for them.

Is it just coincidence then?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It is merely your concept of space/time that limits your ability to understand that we were/are/will be visited by extra-terrestrial beings.

If you can travel through space with zero time passing then you have an infinite amount of time to check stuff out.

I also believe that the ancient megalithic structures are not ours, weren't built for us, and ultimately this planet belonged to 'others', and as Homo Sapien/Neanderthal/Denisovan were created by them to mine for them/serve them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join