It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you REALLY believe in alien visitors?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have been reading a lot of the "visitor" type posts for aliens visiting the Earth. There are a lot of members here who think that it would be absurd for anyone to think we have NOT been visited. My thought is actually the opposite of this notion at this point in time. While I do believe there are plenty of other life forms in the universe I find it very egotistical, that we as humans, believe we are so special that we require visitation from "beings" from other planets in the Universe.

I began thinking on the topic a bit deeper and while the scenario I am about to write is far from the same scale I will also post pictures of what I am talking about to further illustrate my point.

Scenario:

So....on this general theme, how many continents have "you" visited, and on those continents how many countries have "you" visited, and within those countries, how many cities, and within those cities how many towns, and within those towns, how many homes? Now consider the universe as our Earth, the countries as the galaxies, the towns as the solar systems, the homes as the planets and finally an ant farm in the yard of said home. Now I know the scale comparison is WAY off, but that is about how significant we are in the universe.....so, unless "you" have visited a number of ant hills in many different countries and know where they all are then how can we expect that we have been or ever will be visited or even that anything else out there KNOWS we exist? While we can speculate that a specific home in a specific town in a specific city in a specific country on a specific continent exists, we can't KNOW for a fact that it is there unless we either speak to the owner of said home or pay it a visit ourselves.

Should these other entities in the universe be expected to have any more reason or warrant to do so than we would have to visit an anthill? Would it be economically feasible for any of us to do this type of exploration? Would the knowledge gained from such an excursion be worth the ROI or even pass a cost benefit analysis? If there are other entities in the universe would there be ANYTHING at all they would gain from observing us as ants in a yard?

Yes, I know we are a much more highly evolved form of life than an ant, but many of the claims of "aliens" attribute them to being much more highly evolved than humans. Hence the reason for this comparison.

Now for the illustrations just to give you an idea on how large our Universe is compared to how small the Earth is inside it.

Earth:

Our Solar System:

Our solar Neighborhood:

Milky Way Galaxy:

Galactic Neighborhood:

Virgo Supercluster:

Supercluster Neighborhood:

Universe:

Just some of my thoughts. Any others?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole of you post yet, But to answer your original question in the title;

I have to say yes.

Or there's something more sinister going on, as I have witnessed a black flying saucer in broad day light, something that may be called a probe (silver orb) and also some irregular sightings of triangle and diamond shaped craft at night.

I've also seen star like "things" that jitter and jump across the sky.

So in conclusion, someones keeping us in the dark about something.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I think this is a personal matter that really should not affect anyone else. I mean seriously...what is it to them. I think the more you study the phenomena you cannot help but come to the conclusion, "yes" but I am not here to convince you or even to share - except that you asked.

link   
Earth is a tiny speck in a vast neighborhood. Do I believe we have neighbors....yup....

Des

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Every solar system has its form of life and aliens i believe. So they travel around just checkin stuff out.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This was a pretty good video for a beginner to get a grasp of the subject and see what you are dealing with. I guess you would need a little background before making any calls on the topic as you have decided to do.

ABC's Peter Jennings broadcasted a 2hr Primetime special on UFOs titled "UFOs: Seeing is Believing." This segment features the American history of UFOs, starting with the 1947 UFO sighting by Kenneth Arnold, a businessman and pilot, when the term "flying saucer" was first coined. It also addresses the 1950s CIA Robertson Panel reportedly created to remove the aura of mystery of UFOs so that people would no longer take them seriously and no longer bother to report them because they were clogging the Pentagon's phone lines starting in 1952.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I think this is a personal matter that really should not affect anyone else. I mean seriously...what is it to them. I think the more you study the phenomena you cannot help but come to the conclusion, "yes" but I am not here to convince you or even to share - except that you asked.

Well...sharing is exactly what I was looking for so please do. I am not trying to convince anyone otherwise either. Just want to understand the almost NEED for some to believe that we are so significant in such a vast universe that we are being visited on a daily basis and have some larger purpose in our lives.

While I do believe in other life like I said, I am not of the mindset that we are being observed as I think that if there are other life forms visiting they are much more advanced and capable than we will be for a very long time. This would lend my belief to them having nothing to learn from us. The truth is, to me, there are so many different "theories" out there that are hard to even give a shred of feasibility to because of the fantastic embellishment on the ideas.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I have to say no to be honest (don't shoot me!).

I firmly believe that any creature / being that had the technology to travel space and time would make short work of our barbarous little world. Honestly, ask yourself what we would offer the rest of the universe?

Personally, much as i love humanity, i suspect they would see us as a parasite and avoid like the plague or exterminate.

ETA:

I believe there may well be life "out there" (duh duh duh) but no, i do not think they visit.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Well...sharing is exactly what I was looking for so please do. I am not trying to convince anyone otherwise either. Just want to understand the almost NEED for some to believe that we are so significant in such a vast universe that we are being visited on a daily basis and have some larger purpose in our lives.

While I do believe in other life like I said, I am not of the mindset that we are being observed as I think that if there are other life forms visiting they are much more advanced and capable than we will be for a very long time. This would lend my belief to them having nothing to learn from us. The truth is, to me, there are so many different "theories" out there that are hard to even give a shred of feasibility to because of the fantastic embellishment on the ideas.

I think some of the beings we call extra terrestrial are actually terrestrial, sub terrestrial but more advanced than we are and have been here for the billions of years we cannot account for. They have made some outside acquaintances and they come and go. That is just my theory. We have explored a small portion of the ocean and most of the earth is underwater. The universe is vast indeed but I think in the question of ET life visiting, size does not matter. We will show up on the radar.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This was a pretty good video for a beginner to get a grasp of the subject and see what you are dealing with. I guess you would need a little background before making any calls on the topic as you have decided to do.

ABC's Peter Jennings broadcasted a 2hr Primetime special on UFOs titled "UFOs: Seeing is Believing." This segment features the American history of UFOs, starting with the 1947 UFO sighting by Kenneth Arnold, a businessman and pilot, when the term "flying saucer" was first coined. It also addresses the 1950s CIA Robertson Panel reportedly created to remove the aura of mystery of UFOs so that people would no longer take them seriously and no longer bother to report them because they were clogging the Pentagon's phone lines starting in 1952.

Google Video Link

I actually watched that when it aired a few years back. I am not trying to make any calls on the topic, merely pointing out just how insignificant we are in the universe. Now I can also argue for the point of visitation....while our Earth sizewise is very insignificant in the Universe, what are the possibilities that there are only a few "alien" races out there.

Again I will do a sort of comparison as in the OP but on races in general.

The Major Divisions of the Human Race Most anthropologists recognize 3 or 4 basic races of man in existence today. These races can be further subdivided into as many as 30 subgroups. Ethnographic division into races from Meyers Konversationslexikon of 1885-90 is listing: Caucasian races (Aryans, Hamites, Semites) Mongolian races (northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian), Negroid races (African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese)

Even by those numbers of the different ethnic groups and races on the Earth alone that would be a very miniscule number to the number of planets that exist in the Universe. So if there are only a few alien races out there with multiple ethnic groups in each race then I could easily see this as a reason to visit. Just as our scientists look for and discover new species on earth and observe, so too my "aliens".

As I said in the OP, I am pretty open to the discussion on both sides. Just wonder why people have their opinion on it and would like to hear serious explanations rather than "I just feel it" as many say in the visitation posts I have read on both sides of the argument.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I agree with you completely. While I do believe there is other life out there somewhere, I certainly have no proof that it is intelligent life, or life more advanced than we are. I do not believe we are being visited by anything. I have no reason to believe that any other life has the ability to travel further than we can.

I may be wrong, but that's what I believe until it's proven otherwise.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

That picture I found sums it up for me. If you go on any picture on the nasa archives you see incredible things. They know.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It doesnt matter where you are either. The same people find you no matter where you are. And earth isn't quite the "reality" we think it is.

Yes there really are ET visitors, and they can take you physically to higher dimensions or do work in this one, And/Or take you astrally. Both happens, and certainly not just one group.

And location is nothing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zacroyce
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

That picture I found sums it up for me. If you go on any picture on the nasa archives you see incredible things. They know.

What is this image of?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

i think the big hole in your scenario is that you imply that the entire universe is inhabitable because the earth is. imagine if, in your scenario, the earth is 99% uninhabitable. and we as people know this. then one day we find out that there is a beautiful place with these creatures (ants) that are self aware and communicate with one another. They invent tools to make their lives easier and have feelings towards one another, as well as toward inferior species to them. i'd say that ant hill would be a high priority to visit for most intelligent beings on the planet (in the universe).

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Aliens? An absolutely, positively definitive YES.

Alien visitor? A reserved no.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

nasa say that it is a satellite shot of the terrain in Western Pakistan. But it has 2 visible 'ufos' with shadows on the ground with a sheild around them. I don't know what else it could be.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

This is an Apollo 7 picture taken back in 1968 above Pakistan:

AS07-07-1832 (15 Oct. 1968) --- Toba, Kakar, Fort Sandeman, Sulaiman Range area in (West) Pakistan, as seen from the Apollo 7 spacecraft during its 84th revolution of Earth. Note geological features such as folded mountain structures, anticlines and synclines. Photographed from an altitude of 108 nautical miles, at ground elapsed time of 132 hours and 30 minutes.

source

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

i think the big hole in your scenario is that you imply that the entire universe is inhabitable because the earth is. imagine if, in your scenario, the earth is 99% uninhabitable. and we as people know this. then one day we find out that there is a beautiful place with these creatures (ants) that are self aware and communicate with one another. They invent tools to make their lives easier and have feelings towards one another, as well as toward inferior species to them. i'd say that ant hill would be a high priority to visit for most intelligent beings on the planet (in the universe).

I never implicated the entire universe is habitable. I was merely asking my questions for discussion based on the size of the universe. Common sense would say there is something else out there. Knowledge of science also tells me that we humans don't know all there is to know about our own planet. In the vastness of our universe I am wondering if there is a life form that for some reason would be able to FIND us in the first place. I think we as a population are pretty smart and with all the advancements we have had in our world we can't even find one planet with a life form similar to ours nor can we physically travel outside our solar system. Our most powerful optics can only give us nominal imagery of other planets.

If we are THAT far behind beings that can travel space with no confines then what reason would there be to even give us a second thought unless their world was like ours a long time ago and they are just viewing for nostalgia and reminiscing on the "good times"?

Again, I am not one with a strong opinion on this either way, just wanting to hear thoughts from all angles on it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Humanoid aliens? No.

Autoteleological supersystems? Possibly.

See:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join