It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Jailed for 13 years for offering to sell state (Moon) secrets to Israel.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by Arken

Israel? That seems odd....of all countries.

I thought we shared everything with them already?

It's still a punishable crime no matter who you're spying for, same with
Jonathan Pollard.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elexio
And publicly available photo's and images can always be altered before it's put online, even if it's " real-time".

I remember reading somewhere that the CEO of the company that makes the lenses for the cameras used in shuttles and satellites has a 6 month window where he has sole viewing of the images and he can decide whether to release them or not (although I am sure a couple of NASA numptys will have a gander as well).

As I say, not entirely sure of the source but remember it being on some documentary somewhere - anyone else heard this??

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

The next very puzzling thing for me is, why would a guy who is working in lunar science having access to military secrets? I don't care what his security level clearance is, military strategic planning, allegedly what he was trying to sell, is on a need to know basis, why would he have access to defence scenarios?

You have it backwards. He works in defense based research; "Star Wars," that sort of thing. It just so happens that his expertise in remote sensing was useful for the Clementine mission which was, after all, a US Navy project. I can understand your confusion, as the OP was misleading. Again, for the record, he was not busted for selling "Moon secrets."

Aside to Bedlam: You naughty boy, you....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Hydroman

So they can land on the moon, bring materials there to build with, but don't have artificial lighting to use?

You cant just fire up a rocket and go there.....

But yes, I suppose the could use artificial lights. Though a massive amount of such lights would be required. More than any rocket I can think that would be able to carry.

...but apparently they did just that some 40 years ago. Just fired up and went there...no biggie. With the technology of that time. But today...oh today...we have lost that technology like we lost the pyramid building tech. It's apparently much more complicated today.

Today you have to think about things like space radiations, and micrometeorites and other space sh*t.
Ah...the 60's...those were the good ol' days...when America kicked space butt up to high heaven.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Only 13 years? That doesn't seem very long at all for somebody that was about to reveal secrets about the Moon to Israel (so that it says). Something isn't right with that. Unless they plan to poison that person in 'prison' or something and say he was killed in his cell or whatever.
edit on 23-3-2012 by PerceptionReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The "MAGIC WORD" in this "James Bond Space Episode" is Mini-RF
www.nasa.gov...

Mini-RF sends radio pulses to the moon from the orbiting spacecraft and then precisely records the radio echoes that bounce back from the surface, along with their timing and frequency. From these data scientists can build images of the moon that not only show the terrain in areas they otherwise couldn’t see, such as the permanently-shadowed areas near the lunar poles, but also contain information on the physical nature of the terrain.

[...] The Mini-RF instruments were designed, built and tested by a team from across the United States. APL hosts the operations center and performed the final integration and testing on both instruments. They were developed and built by the Naval Air Warfare Center and several other commercial and government contributors, including Sandia National Laboratories, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman and BAE Systems. Instrument principal investigators Stewart Nozette (LRO) and Paul Spudis (Chandrayaan-1) are from the Universities Space Research Association’s Lunar and Planetary Institute. NASA’s Space Operations Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters, manages the Mini-RF program.

THIS ONE

Stewart Nozette and Mini-RF

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yes, an extremely useful spy gadget that can be used to spy on other countries from near Earth orbit. Coincidentally, they sent one to the Moon. So what?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks for clearing that up
makes sense of why he would have access to strategic response information.

Was he Jewish, does anyone know, just curious why he was trying to sell out the US to Israel, there again he sees the government doing it on a daily basis and probably wanted a piece of the pie for himself

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Sorry but for someone that observes the moon you should know that the dark side is not actually dark. the dark side refers to the fact that it is always faces away from earth. however it gets as much light as the the side of the moon we see so one could build on that side easily and hide from earth (personally dont beleive they have or there would have been more Nasa visits to the moon since). dark side also refers to the fact that there is no radio commmunication once a craft is behind it; i.e. the craft is in radio black out.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Israel don't want to know, it was an FBI sting - Israel weren't involved.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Arken

Yes, an extremely useful spy gadget that can be used to spy on other countries from near Earth orbit. Coincidentally, they sent one to the Moon. So what?

Israel have already several Spy satellites from near orbit.
Ofek 9 Spy satellite
TecSar Spy satellite
Besides spy satellites, Israel also has a number of communications satellites in orbit for a Dual-use Technology.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Aside to Bedlam: You naughty boy, you....

(innocent look) Moi? Naughty? Hey, it's a ... a conjecture, yeah, that's it, a conjecture. A rumination. A speculative moment. My wife, Morgan Fairchild, works for the DIA, yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Israel have already several Spy satellites from near orbit.
Ofek 9 Spy satellite
TecSar Spy satellite
Besides spy satellites, Israel also has a number of communications satellites in orbit for a Dual-use Technology.

Yes; in fact, rumor has it that Israel is actually more advanced than the US in this department, which is why Nozette should have smelled a rat. But I guess if you have a compulsive gambling habit, a demanding mistress or a pain killer addiction, any bonus income is a strong temptation. Some people can square "sharing information" with allies like Israel or France that they wouldn't dream of sharing with Iran or North Korea.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
[sarcasm] This serves him right for trying to sell the info, didn't he get the memo that Israel has a right to all information possessed by any individual or government on the planet for free [/sarcasm]

Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.

That sums up your "expertise" on lunar subjects

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

But I guess if you have a compulsive gambling habit, a demanding mistress or a pain killer addiction, any bonus income is a strong temptation.

Your is Pure speculation.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I can tell by a lot of the comments that a lot of the commenters on this post haven't even read the original article that the OP linked to !

There is NO MENTION of him selling any secrets about the moon !!

And Israel WASN'T INVOLVED !!!

It was an FBI sting.

Always read the link, why comment on something you haven't even read, its pointless.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Your is Pure speculation.

Correct; the FBI must have had a reason to "sting" him. They must have noticed a vulnerability of some sort. The three I listed are the most common. On the other hand, your characterizing him as a "NASA scientist" is not correct, and the addition of the word "Moon" to the title goes beyond speculation and in to fabrication. You have absolutely no reason to believe he was attempting to sell any information concerning the Moon.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken when you start these threads do you actually read and understand the links you put in.

Lets have a look

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nozette had high-level security clearances during decades of government work on science and space projects at NASA, the Energy Department and the National Space Council in President George H.W. Bush's administration.
Nozette pleaded guilty to one count of attempted espionage, admitting he tried to provide Israel with top secret information about satellites, early warning systems, methods for retaliating against large-scale attack, communications intelligence information and major elements of defense strategy.

Can you explain to everyone how what's underlined above has anything to do with what you claim regarding the moon. or is it just another of your misleading threads clutching at straws yet again.

Now I have made sure this is a straight foward question that cannot cause you any problems so you can't moan about it

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In my opinion, This is how Intelligence can erase an uncomfortable witness.

Behind this scandal there is more than money...

The "presumed trade/FBI sting" was not on satellite hardware or software but on DATA collected... on the Moon and a "test" on the Nozette reliability to preserve the secret.

And Nozette know many secrets on that matter...
edit on 23-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.

Ever heard of camouflage?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join