It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Jailed for 13 years for offering to sell state (Moon) secrets to Israel.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.

lol....You bought a telescope and cant see nothing on the moon.....lol....maybe if you glue two telescopes together you will see twice as far.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yes, yes, I have cleared this up. They still have to build in the dark either way. I just wasn't being very clear on what i meant. Look at my above post.
So they can land on the moon, bring materials there to build with, but don't have artificial lighting to use?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

That doesn't really pan out either. Constant exposure to sunlight is probably worse than building in the dark. The heat man, it would get really really hot.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Yes, Israel may want something we have but they do not.
Such vagueness doesn't really open up many doors for argument.

So you are a 100% sure that Israel is not spying on us for whatever their reason may be. ( ? )
edit on 23-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

So they can land on the moon, bring materials there to build with, but don't have artificial lighting to use?

None of it really matters anyway. The whole idea of them conducting such a MASSIVE operation without our knowledge is ludicrous. The funding, the people, and the supplies required would make this a very non-secret. Not to mention the science we don't have for this kind of thing. Space travel is not the same as driving a car. You cant just fire up a rocket and go there.

But yes, I suppose the could use artificial lights. Though a massive amount of such lights would be required. More than any rocket I can think that would be able to carry.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

So you are a 100% sure that Israel is not spying on us for whatever their reason may be. ( ? )

Certainly we are being spied on, that's just common sense. Whats your point?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

The whole idea of them conducting such a MASSIVE operation without our knowledge is ludicrous.

The whole idea of you trying to defend for them is ludicrous, especially when you ignore the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

The whole idea of you trying to defend for them is ludicrous, especially when you ignore the possibilities.

Defend who?

It is not possible to carry out an operation like that undetected. You give the government too much credit.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Best bet is going underground to avoid the elements such as comet bombardments, eyes from earth (telescopes), the sun and probably many other types of elements that make life on the moon harsh.

Besides if you camouflage something good enough, you barely notice it with a good telescope in my guess so that cancels it too. And publicly available photo's and images can always be altered before it's put online, even if it's " real-time".

There are alsy so many places on earth from where they can launch equipment into space without the common people ever knowing about.

Let's just stick with the fact that if there is a will, there's a way. ;-)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You give the government too much credit.

No obviously YOU give the government too much credit, especially if you believe that MSM jargon.

It is not possible to carry out an operation like that undetected.

An operation that is not detected? I wonder why...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.

Your logic humors me. Lets say you're on the moon with that very same telescope and pointing it towards the earth. Would you see any bases?

you so silly

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Maybe he was trying to reveal alien moon base evidence to the general public. TPTB probably set this guy up with the Israel story because It would be a show of good faith on the US' part.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

People, remember this was an FBI sting for goodness sake. The Israelis were not interested. NO Israeli approached him for the secrets.

Ugh. Come on, do you think the FBI just sits around thinking "Hey, who are we gonna run a sting on this week?" I am sure they had a reason to set it up. This guy was making inquiries, trying to make contact. The FBI got wind of it and posed as an interested party. He bit. That is how these things usually come about.

I would say over 99% of people with high-level clearances would be very skeptical of someone contacting them and asking if they want to sell secrets for a sack of cash. If it were me, "This is probably a sting op" would be my FIRST thought and I would respectfully decline.

Bottom line - you do NOT know what went on any more than I do, but the probability that the FBI got tipped off that some guy at NASA was shopping moon gossip is very high.

edit on 23-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

That's the best place to build a base - on the side that is always dark, because the cheese stays frozen. On the sunlit side, the cheese melts and becomes unsuitable for buildings but VERY suitable for fondue. MMMmmmm.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Please describe to me the telescope you are using that allows you to see anything like a base on the moon. Mt Palomar's 200 inch isn't big enough for that, so yours must be AWESOME

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
it is amazing that the stupid U.S.A. even thinks that the moon actually belongs to them. those fools should stick there heads up there behinds and take a snif and see what there full of..

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Arken

Wow imagine a scientist of his caliber in prison. He isn't going to like it very much. I honestly feel a bit sorry for him. Waste of a good mind if you ask me. They should have just fined him what ever he was trying to get payed for his leak.

You're joking right? 13 years is a joke. The man is a traitor and deserves at the least life imprisonment with no hope of parole.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by scifi-dude
it is amazing that the stupid U.S.A. even thinks that the moon actually belongs to them. those fools should stick there heads up there behinds and take a snif and see what there full of..

it (Capitalization error) is amazing that the stupid U.S.A. even thinks that the moon actually belongs to them. those (Capitalization error) fools should stick THEIR heads up THEIR behinds and take a SNIFF and see what THEY'RE full of..

Stupid U.S.A. indeed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There are a lot of things in this that don't make sense to me. Firstly it was a sting operation so everyone should stop blaming Israel for this, I mean I bash Israel a lot for the way it handles things, but you can't blame them for something they had nothing to do with. This was an FBI sting operation so it was Americans, not Israelis that were behind it.

The next very puzzling thing for me is, why would a guy who is working in lunar science having access to military secrets? I don't care what his security level clearance is, military strategic planning, allegedly what he was trying to sell, is on a need to know basis, why would he have access to defence scenarios? Why would he have access to military satellite information? It does not make sense, such secrets are not just available to anyone for obvious reasons. Either he is just a normal NASA scientist and would not have access to said information, or he is a military scientist assigned to NASA, and if so Why? Why would a military scientist be behind firing objects at the moon?

Seems a little odd to me

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Surely we have enough members on here, enough contacts through us all and enough cumulative wealth to club together and buy our own secrets ...

Although that could be the death of the forum as we get closure on all our hot topics of debate!

I can chuck in a couple of quid!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join