It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Jailed for 13 years for offering to sell state (Moon) secrets to Israel.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

If Israel and the US are such close buddies, then Israel wouldn't have to rely on this guy, now would it?

Thank you someone with an open mind. Exactly what I am saying, there is obviously still a trust issue that we do not know about between the United States and Israel.. We apparently do not share everything especially with our so-called close comrades.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

OK stop while your behind if you can build a base on the near side you can build one on the far side you have the same amount of time either way. Just admit you didnt think about what you typed and heres your quote re read it then reply to me if you wish.

I don't see where i said it was dark all of the time. And I never said they can build bases on the moon anyway. Either way they would have to build it in the dark. The only reason I even brought up the far side was because I cant observe it directly and others would say "they could build it on the other side", maybe I should be more clear next time, kid. Maybe you should stop while your behind.

Maybe i should point something out to you, you obviously missed it. My user name has "moon" in it in two different languages. Lunar(Luna) which is Latin. Tsuki, which is japanese. I am obsessed with space, my man. Taking college classes and everything.

None of my post were factually incorrect and you have lost at your little jab at me.

edit on 23-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Stewart David Nozette, a prominent scientist who was involved in the recent mission and the discovery of water on the Moon by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft and a former government space scientist has been sentenced to 13 years in prison after admitting he tried to sell space and defence secrets to Israel in what turned out to be an FBI sting operation. He's well known in scientific circles for conceiving the 1994 Clementine mission, which used a military test satellite to discover some of the first traces of water on the Moon's South Pole.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nozette had high-level security clearances during decades of government work on science and space projects at NASA, the Energy Department and the National Space Council in President George H.W. Bush's administration.
Nozette pleaded guilty to one count of attempted espionage, admitting he tried to provide Israel with top secret information about satellites, early warning systems, methods for retaliating against large-scale attack, communications intelligence information and major elements of defense strategy.

But: A Step Back in 2009...

Spies on the Moon

Why the Mossad, the Israely Intelligence Agency, wants gather informations and the data on the discoveries made by Chandraayan-1 (the Indian Spacecraft), on the Moon? Why does Israel want to know what “really” it is found on the Moon?
Which is the link between the Moon, the Indian probe and the Usa?
Which is “THE SECRET”?

US spy worked with India Chandrayaan Moon Mission

LRO - Chandrayaan scientist arrested

To Mod: feel free to move in appropriate forum.
Thx.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

People, remember this was an FBI sting for goodness sake. The Israelis were not interested. NO Israeli approached him for the secrets.

He was doing it to make some cash!

Remember to look closely at what is being stated by words. It was a sting where the FBI approached him posing as Isreali Intelligence.

You must think more about what you are reading. So many here are commenting as though Israel actually approached him. They didn't. They wouldn't. Why? Because there are no particularly valuable secrets that Scientist could have that would be worth anything to them.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 23-3-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You must think more about what you are reading. So many here are commenting as though Israel actually approached him. They didn't. They wouldn't. Why?

You should try looking beyond the smoke screen first. The question is why wouldn't they?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

You should try looking beyond the smoke screen first. The question is why wouldn't they?

That makes no sense. Why would we start with a negative? There is really no where to go from there. No, the question is really "Why would they?".

Answer: They didn't.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Treason on any level should be punished by death. The Israelis spy on everyone, I don't know why were so close to them. I used to support Israel unconditionally until I realized we wouldn't have the muslim problem we do if that country never existed.

Ugh, it was a "sting operation", meaning that the FBI pretended they were from Israel, not that actual Israelis were involved.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

That makes no sense.

It makes sense if you can articulate backwards to whom I was originally responding too, which was obviously not you...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It makes sense if you can articulate backwards to whom I was originally responding too, which was obviously not you...

It doesn't matter. I responded to your weird argument. If you can not handle it, I am sorry. I will refrain from addressing you unless I am addressed by you(that sounds dirty).

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The Russians were the first to land on the dark side of the moon. I wish I knew what happened after.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

If you can not handle it, I am sorry.

I appreciate your response, but I can argue further if you like. I never said I can't handle it, you did.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.
The backside isn't necessarily dark is it? It just doesn't face us, that doesn't mean it doesn't face the sun at certain points...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

That is a sad truth. Unpunished abuse leads to frustrated people who end up doing crazy things.
But going back to the moon, maybe they are planning to move there? After all it is a quieter and safer neighbourhood and there is no need to kill women and children up there just to expand the real estate and urbanisation plans! They can have all the settlements they want

I wonder how Yaweh didn't think of that one... He should have "promised them the moon" instead

edit on 23-3-2012 by KennethHarwer because: typos

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

The backside isn't necessarily dark is it? It just doesn't face us, that doesn't mean it doesn't face the sun at certain points...

Yes, yes, I have cleared this up. They still have to build in the dark either way. I just wasn't being very clear on what i meant. Look at my above post.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reminds me of a paper I read in the space archives thingie, some report discussing mining the moon, but some of the language could have been interpreted that we already had some bases on the moon and some proposals were out to maximize the efficiency of said bases.

-summons Zorgon to provide more detail on the papers-

But ya, if the world found out we (the US) had bases on the moon already...some rather uncomfortable questions would certainly arise.
edit on 22-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Here is a Clue

Buzz Aldrin's Dream ,Helium 3 and Lunar Resource Base, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and Zorgon's 6013.pdf which happens to be similar to what Buzz Aldrin has said on his website
his DREAM Speech..

Another Type Information Bridge in your Search Engine Google Bing etc...
then type Moon or Lunar Base Mars Base mars satellites NSA Mining etc...

It's Who Ever Gets their First Controls the OIL Ahhh.... Spice ! Ahhhhh I ment Helium 3

He who controls the Spice controls the universe

DUNE ...

well the Solar System Actuality

well this is a Conspiracy-Skeptical Site Anyways Right ?

Ohh yeah here is the PDF 6013 that is mostly Talked about when it comes to Mining Resource's on the Moon & Lunar Bases mentioned by Zorgon on ATS as i went to other branches of Depths of that Document File ( 6013.pdf ) from none other than Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) - USRA

Right Here the 6013.pdf

Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) - USRA Roundtable 2004 Meeting ( 6013.pdf )
www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 23-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I appreciate your response, but I can argue further if you like. I never said I can't handle it, you did.

Your argument is... that Israel wants our moon secrets? Or why wouldn't they?

Well, I cant see what kind of secrets the moon could possibly have? Iron? Calcium? Not exactly the most secret of secrets.

I don't know. Revolution pointed out that Isreal did not try to buy moon secrets. Of course, that doesn't mean they don't want them, whatever they may be. But still... the whole premise is pretty lofty to begin with.
edit on 23-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Your argument is... that Israel wants our moon secrets?

I never did mention the moon now did I? I said Israel wants something we have that they don't...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
im surprised israel didnt just steal it like they did with other state secrets

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I never did mention the moon now did I? I said Israel wants something we have that they don't..

Im sorry, I don't understand then? Under the guise of Isreal, the FBI conducted a sting(refer to revolutions post and the OP). NOW, they actually played no part in this besides a borrowed name.

Yes, Israel may want something we have but they do not. Such vagueness doesn't really open up many doors for argument.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The answer

There a parts of the moon that is ALWAYS in sunshine. Due to ita nature, its expected in the moon poles, what will you find there ? Ice/water.
Having a sunshine all the year, water and ice all the year, a preferable climate to build a base due to supply and climate conditions.
The said satellite looking for what ? Ice/water, where they looking for it ? The poles

So, supposed USA and Israel build a base on the moon, its most probably on the said pole. Light always the entire 24/7, water/ice for supply, not so harsh environment, and a communication/surveillance satellite.

Later a sting operation launched to find if there any leakage about this, they cant have Uganda buying the info, cause Uganda will deny it, make it easy, Israel "is buying the info", turn out theres a mole, its the scientist.

Its just the assumption, but answer all your debates.

Now you know how the fox catch the black sheep when farmer see all were sheep.
edit on 23-3-2012 by NullVoid because: i love colours

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
People, remember this was an FBI sting for goodness sake. The Israelis were not interested. NO Israeli approached him for the secrets.

He was doing it to make some cash!

Remember to look closely at what is being stated by words. It was a sting where the FBI approached him posing as Isreali Intelligence.

You must think more about what you are reading. So many here are commenting as though Israel actually approached him. They didn't. They wouldn't. Why? Because there are no particularly valuable secrets that Scientist could have that would be worth anything to them.

The FBI doesn't randomly select people with security clearances and try to tempt them. There are just too many people with security clearances. He must have made a move on someone or indicated he was in the market to sell to an informant. He was selling things that he had access to; not necessarily information about the moon. There is a good deal of common ground if one is working for DOD or NASA and people are "loaned" based on their expertise.
If he was innocent, he wouldn't have been stung.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join