It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Jailed for 13 years for offering to sell state (Moon) secrets to Israel.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Don't feel sorry,

Just protective.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by Arken

Israel? That seems odd....of all countries.

I thought we shared everything with them already?

We share money and Starbucks coffee with Israel

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reminds me of a paper I read in the space archives thingie, some report discussing mining the moon, but some of the language could have been interpreted that we already had some bases on the moon and some proposals were out to maximize the efficiency of said bases.

-summons Zorgon to provide more detail on the papers-

Zorgon was last seen here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The [Moon] is off limits to all Leaders of every country.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Perhaps its the technology associated with the telescope that took those pictures. It could be used for other purposes if in earth orbit. We have not shared everything with Israel nor any of our Allies nor do they share everything with us. State secrets are just that...secrets.

Chandra has some very advanced technology...like a very advanced propulsion system...high resolution cameras...and other stuff I am sure Northropgrumman developed that have not told us about.

www.as.northropgrumman.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Cosmic911
I have always believed we may have "militarized" the moon during the Cold War with the Soviet Union. We managed to place nukes everywhere else, why not on the moon?

Well, there's a few reasons.

One, it's very difficult to get a payload TO the moon, these days we're more geared to putting stuff into orbit. Not that we can't, but you can tell the ones that are "special" by the boosters used and the launch dates will generally tell you the destination.

Two, it's easier and faster to deliver nukes from orbit. Of course, we would NEVER do such a thing, ever. But now that we're abandoning manned orbital flight, we couldn't do that anymore, because

Three, you have to regularly maintain our current nuke designs. And by regularly, I mean like every three to four months. You couldn't put nukes on the moon and leave them there for a year or two. Now, Sandia beat out LANL a few years back (shakes fist) for the design of the "no maintenance" nuke. So when they get that one all spiffed up you could maybe consider doing it, but not at present.

(sly grin) You have to ask yourself, self, how is Sandia going to test such a thing? It's a radical design departure and while computer simulations are all great, you can't trust your country to a computer simulation. I could EASILY see putting an observation orbiter around the Moon and then doing test shots in orbit on the far side, where you couldn't see them. Because they're real easy to spot here. But that's just me. What do I know.

edit to add:

Oh, yeah. You could, if you wanted, but we wouldn't EVER, maintain nukes with a small robotic space plane that could capture and return said weapons to the ground for maintenance, but it would be a logistic mess.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

I am not going to ask where you got this information. And pass it off as fact.

Rather I will just say okay...now if they had the desire to put nukes on the moon and the power and the money to overcome these "insurmountable" obstacles that you have listed....do you think they might do this? And if so...Do you think that you would know about it? I mean assuming that they wanted to keep it secret. Or perhaps you are on the list of people in the know?

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
make sense...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I was under the impression that weaponizing the moon would equate to a rail gun contraption. Something that could simply fire off metallic poles in such high velocity that they could reach earth rather quickly and due to this high velocity would have the same outcome as a nuclear weapon, not to mention the relative unmanned nature needed to use such weapons. Not to mention lasers and such...

Point being the technology to put and use weapons in space and on the moon is here, the funds to do so have been taken long ago. What on earth would make anyone believe it has not been done? Because we were not told? There is zero reason to think its not a reality and everything to suggest that's it has come to fruition.

edit on 22-3-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Operation paper clip... A bunch of nazis team up with the military to make the space program... Do nazis and Jews get along?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

And as pointed out.....there are people who have been observing the Moon for decades. And, nothing out of the ordinary is seen....at all.
reply to post by ProudBird
In 1968, NASA commissioned a Chronological Catalog of Reported Lunar Events as reported by over 300 world-class astronomers and observers over a 450 year period.

ia600404.us.archive.org...

edit on 22-3-2012 by 1questioner because: clarification

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I am not going to ask where you got this information. And pass it off as fact.

You could ask. The testing on the back side of the moon is partially speculative, but Sandia's tested the individual bits and pieces for years. The whole thing's got to be tested somewhere eventually, and doing it on the ground or in the ground is instantly spottable, not to mention you can learn a huge amount about someone's design by analyzing the spoor. If you want to keep it quiet the far side of the moon is a good bet.

However, it's not that I don't know the first part, I can even expostulate on it if you'd like, but it's not the sort of thing you can generally find "design and maintenance of nukes for dummies" at the store.

Rather I will just say okay...now if they had the desire to put nukes on the moon and the power and the money to overcome these "insurmountable" obstacles that you have listed....do you think they might do this? And if so...Do you think that you would know about it? I mean assuming that they wanted to keep it secret. Or perhaps you are on the list of people in the know?

I'm not sure why you would WANT to put nukes on the moon. Orbit one behind and toggle it off, yeah buddy. But as a base for earth bombardment, it sucks. Way better to put them in near-earth orbit if you were going to. But with the new delivery systems the AF is working on it would be better to just lob them on demand.

It's also hard to hide moon destination shots from people, you can only do it from certain bases and it takes a really chunky booster, and you've got windows you have to use to get into translunar trajectories. Even if you tried to hide the fact you're trying to hit a lunar window from ground observation by letting them orbit a while before you did your TLI, the boosters are still going to have to have enough delta-v to get your load there, and any advanced nation (read Russia and China) can spot your craft on the way with radar.

Of course, you could avert the radar issue by stealthing it, but man, what a development effort. Easier to trojan horse it with another mission.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If Israel and the US are such close buddies, then Israel wouldn't have to rely on this guy, now would it?

One of these things seems like it would be a lie or a stretched truth...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

In that case the majority of the US government should be put to death and those who cause them trouble should be commended as patriots for making their lives more difficult!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

They said it was a sting operation. This guy was probably blinded by the offer of a lot of money, often very intelligent people and career criminals can not resist an offer that seems too good to be true despite their instincts.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.
You apparently dont understand that the dark side of the moon isnt actually dark dont you? When the moon is between the earth and the sun guess what theres light there. The reason we state the dark side of the moon is because we observe it at night meaning the earth is between the moon and the sun.

PS this also leads me to dismiss any observation you may make about the moon!
edit on 3/22/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

This made me giggle!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You apparently dont understand that the dark side of the moon isnt actually dark dont you? When the moon is between the earth and the sun guess what theres light there.

Nope, it receives the same amount of light as the near side. Which is dark a lot too. Only "Half" The moon is lit up at a time, which means.... good luck building military bases in the dark.

Oh wait, I misunderstood your comment. You understand that only half the moon can be lit up at a time. I see, i see, but do you realize that "half" the time it would still be dark? Yes, that it is.

In fact, maybe you should point out to me where I said it was dark all of the time?
edit on 22-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
american politics and msm is to blame. every other day they are rammed down their throat that israel is america's bff, greatest ally, inseparable for all eternity etc, then tools like this guy start handing over classified information because he feels obligated to help an ally.

or he probably felt he's anti-semetic or not a friend of israel if he refused or rejected what he believe was israel.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is the only mention of the moon i can find in the op's link www.dailymail.co.uk...

As a leading scientist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the 1990s, Nozette came up with the concept behind the Clementine space mission, which ultimately discovered ice on the moon

I think its more about this than actual moon secrets (I could be wrong)

Nozette was known primarily as a defence technologist who had worked on the Reagan-era missile defense shield effort, nicknamed 'Star Wars' and formally called the Strategic Defense Initiative.

Nozette pleaded guilty to one count of attempted espionage, admitting he tried to provide Israel with top secret information about satellites, early warning systems, methods for retaliating against large-scale attack, communications intelligence information and major elements of defense strategy

On the video, Nozette said he would charge Israel 'at most one per cent' for passing information about an unspecified program that Nozette said cost the U.S. government $200 million.

Wish we knew what the "unspecified program" was.

The government suspected Nozette might be interested in spying after a investigators searched his Chevy Chase

Does this guy have his own personal actor

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You apparently dont understand that the dark side of the moon isnt actually dark dont you? When the moon is between the earth and the sun guess what theres light there.

Nope, it receives the same amount of light as the near side. Which is dark a lot too. Only "Half" The moon is lit up at a time, which means.... good luck building military bases in the dark.

Oh wait, I misunderstood your comment. You understand that only half the moon can be lit up at a time. I see, i see, but do you realize that "half" the time it would still be dark? Yes, that it is.

In fact, maybe you should point out to me where I said it was dark all of the time?
edit on 22-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

OK stop while your behind if you can build a base on the near side you can build one on the far side you have the same amount of time either way. Just admit you didnt think about what you typed and heres your quote re read it then reply to me if you wish.

I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join