It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Jailed for 13 years for offering to sell state (Moon) secrets to Israel.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

perpetuated upon the eagerly gullible, who lap it up so readily...
reply to post by Arken

Much unlike those who believe what the government tells them...oh, wait

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
only 13 years?
should be life...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

There also have been NO, and I repeat, NO major payloads lofted to Lunar vicinity.

Thanks for clarifying that. Finally, the truth!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.

Your joking right?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Muslims are also not a fan of any western nation.
should we dismantle the west because muslims don't like us?

You are correct. Muslims do not like the West, because we do in fact support Israel.

Should we dismantle the West? Well it depends what you mean by dismantling the West, but if it benefits the United States in this matter then we can simply start dismantling our ties with Israel...That should fix it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Stewart David Nozette, a prominent scientist who was involved in the recent mission and the discovery of water on the Moon by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft and a former government space scientist has been sentenced to 13 years in prison after admitting he tried to sell space and defence secrets to Israel in what turned out to be an FBI sting operation.

So if he was busted for trying to sell military secrets to the Israelis, why did you include the word "Moon" in your deliberately misleading thread title? Please tell me you understand the difference.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for the post. Interesting! To show how naive I am, I dd not know that we had any "moon secretes". I thought that everything we did on the moon was open knowledge. What could be so secrete that it costs a man 13 years of his life?

Alien bases.
Human bases.
Hollow moon filled with ancient alien technology.
Water, trees, life, etc...
Tons of stuff that I expect to be ridiculed about in 3, 2, 1...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Hey Proudbird, just what is it that gives you so much authority to come into these threads and tell everyone that what YOU speak is the truth and anything anyone else says is false? I've noted you doing this on many occasions.

If there are secret basis on the moon isnt it likely that you wont see them on the nasa provided photos because they are SECRET!!!
Are you privy to such secret information? If so your responding hear should be considered treason and you should be arrested, or maybe your just offering your opinion in which case maybe you should be less critical when others offer their opinion.

Also, someone else mentioned the dark side of the moon, there isnt a dark side.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Dear Israel,
We have had bases on the moon since before JFK gave his famous moon speech.
Also, there is water and plant life on the moon.
We are also in contact with the aliens that have been observing us and modifying our brain through beam-technology throughout the ages.
Please proceed, Israel, to pull off another 9/11 type operation. This time we will blame it on the aliens instead of AL-Qaeda. Rest assured, the general public will be informed within moments of the attack of the true terrorists (the aliens). This will create thousands of new jobs under the guise of protecting us from them.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Your strictly personal opinion is clear.
Thx.

And welcome again....

Its not 'personal opinion', it is more sound physics based in science.

Do you ever have replies longer than two sentences? Or do you just love to imply without stating, so you can't get pinned down for an assertion?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This guy wasn't just selling "Moon secrets" -- he was peddling technological details on the rocket engines, the communications and control processes, the various satellites, etc., most of this of enormous value militarily.

Now, the odd thing is that this guy, having been stung by an FBI agent disguised as an Israeli spy, got a much milder sentence than Pollard. Other people in the US govt who were caught selling secrets to hostile Arab states also got lighter sentences than Pollard. No wonder the Israelis are cranked about what happened to Pollard.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Hey Proudbird, just what is it that gives you so much authority to come into these threads and tell everyone that what YOU speak is the truth and anything anyone else says is false? I've noted you doing this on many occasions.

If there are secret basis on the moon isnt it likely that you wont see them on the nasa provided photos because they are SECRET!!!
Are you privy to such secret information? If so your responding hear should be considered treason and you should be arrested, or maybe your just offering your opinion in which case maybe you should be less critical when others offer their opinion.

Also, someone else mentioned the dark side of the moon, there isnt a dark side.

Don't you know by now that there are a lot of dis-info agents posting on ATS?
Proudbird handles the moon base and 9/11 threads and Illusiontronic handles the general space and ancient alien threads.
These two pop up instantly on everyone of these threads always preaching the "Official Story" disguised as "sober reasoning".
Whatever

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I wondered quite the same thing, but then I read a couple things. I'm sure this will clarify the issue for you.

Proudbird states, "No, there are no "nukes" on the Moon." Sounds like a good answer to me.

Here he continues, "...there are people who have been observing the Moon for decades. And, nothing out of the ordinary is seen....at all." Again, a reasonable answer, right?

Additionally, "There simply is no technology to get a weapon from the Moon to Earth and still do it quickly, and maintain a "surprise" aspect." I don't know how you can argue with this.

And perhaps the most significant statement, "There also have been NO, and I repeat, NO major payloads lofted to Lunar vicinity." Here Proudbird uses capital letters for the entire word! That must be significant, right? And not only that, he states, "and I repeat." That's pretty conclusive.

I don't know how you can argue with this logic, Voidhawk.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Treason on any level should be punished by death.

Oddly enough, the phrasing used in the op's external quote is nearly word-for-word from one of the laws the project security officer reads to you when you're formally read on to a secure access project.

That particular one allows them to execute you, not necessarily with a jury trial. You can be summarily judged by a Federal court and executed, no jury trial at all. It's one of the few on the books. They tell you that the reason why is the court, in some cases, cannot empanel a jury of your peers that would be allowed to hear the evidence.

It's one of the few times you're more likely to get justice from a military tribunal of some sort - a court martial can ALWAYS find enough people with sufficient clearance to empanel a jury.

Note that the guy would not have been charged with this particular crime unless he had violated a secure access project NDA. That is interesting in itself. What is a NASA guy doing on a SAP? They generally went through gyrations to have at least a pretense of military-personnel-only when they flew secret payloads on the STS.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ah, the mossad always such a great ally of the US. The Israelis would NEVER backstab americans or lure them into doing their murdering. Amazing, always a new low.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
I have always believed we may have "militarized" the moon during the Cold War with the Soviet Union. We managed to place nukes everywhere else, why not on the moon?

Well, there's a few reasons.

One, it's very difficult to get a payload TO the moon, these days we're more geared to putting stuff into orbit. Not that we can't, but you can tell the ones that are "special" by the boosters used and the launch dates will generally tell you the destination.

Two, it's easier and faster to deliver nukes from orbit. Of course, we would NEVER do such a thing, ever. But now that we're abandoning manned orbital flight, we couldn't do that anymore, because

Three, you have to regularly maintain our current nuke designs. And by regularly, I mean like every three to four months. You couldn't put nukes on the moon and leave them there for a year or two. Now, Sandia beat out LANL a few years back (shakes fist) for the design of the "no maintenance" nuke. So when they get that one all spiffed up you could maybe consider doing it, but not at present.

(sly grin) You have to ask yourself, self, how is Sandia going to test such a thing? It's a radical design departure and while computer simulations are all great, you can't trust your country to a computer simulation. I could EASILY see putting an observation orbiter around the Moon and then doing test shots in orbit on the far side, where you couldn't see them. Because they're real easy to spot here. But that's just me. What do I know.

edit to add:

Oh, yeah. You could, if you wanted, but we wouldn't EVER, maintain nukes with a small robotic space plane that could capture and return said weapons to the ground for maintenance, but it would be a logistic mess.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
He was trying to sell Israel "top secret information about satellites, early warning systems, methods for retaliating against large-scale attack, communications intelligence information and major elements of defense strategy." There was nothing in the charges about lunar information. He just happened to have worked on the lunar research program.

And yes, even though Israel is our "friend," the country is one of the largest customers for intelligence information on U.S. technology and defense systems. Israel is also the "friend" that shot up the U.S.S. Liberty.

Thanks for that clarification and what I was thinking when I saw the headline. So it had nothing to really do with the Moon, but the technology involved. The technology is, of course, used in much much more secret things..hence..treason.

Sounds reasonable to me when looked at in that sense. People who take oaths and secrecy agreements should abide by them or they can quit at the moment that becomes a problem.

This guy got the third option. err....and 13 years to think about the error of that choice.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think the title of the thread is misleading. If you read the actual article he was trying to sell secrets regarding satellite defense warning systems. nothing about the moon.

Now that he's been put in prison, this would be a good time to write to him in prison and ask his if he knows anything about moon bases ect. ect.I don't think he has anything to lose now.... Who's keen?

edit on 22-3-2012 by dejavooo because: THOUGHT OF MORE STUFF TO SAY

edit on
edit on 22-3-2012 by dejavooo because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Let's see...Bound on all sides by countries that want to annihilate you. Every day you are rocketed, bombed, and threatened. Almost every other country in the world wants you to give up enough land to make your country eight miles or so wide.

And the only real friend you have is very, very suspect. Knowing the prez of this country is pro Muslim and no friend to you.....

Sure. It's all Israel's fault.........

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

Let's see...Bound on all sides by countries that want to annihilate you. Every day you are rocketed, bombed, and threatened.

That still doesn't give Israel the right to spy on us. So stop feeling sorry for the Israeli Government that give us the bad name in the West...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join