It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Jailed for 13 years for offering to sell state (Moon) secrets to Israel.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Stewart David Nozette, a prominent scientist who was involved in the recent mission and the discovery of water on the Moon by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft and a former government space scientist has been sentenced to 13 years in prison after admitting he tried to sell space and defence secrets to Israel in what turned out to be an FBI sting operation. He's well known in scientific circles for conceiving the 1994 Clementine mission, which used a military test satellite to discover some of the first traces of water on the Moon's South Pole.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nozette had high-level security clearances during decades of government work on science and space projects at NASA, the Energy Department and the National Space Council in President George H.W. Bush's administration.
Nozette pleaded guilty to one count of attempted espionage, admitting he tried to provide Israel with top secret information about satellites, early warning systems, methods for retaliating against large-scale attack, communications intelligence information and major elements of defense strategy.

But: A Step Back in 2009...

Spies on the Moon

Why the Mossad, the Israely Intelligence Agency, wants gather informations and the data on the discoveries made by Chandraayan-1 (the Indian Spacecraft), on the Moon? Why does Israel want to know what “really” it is found on the Moon?
Which is the link between the Moon, the Indian probe and the Usa?
Which is “THE SECRET”?

US spy worked with India Chandrayaan Moon Mission

LRO - Chandrayaan scientist arrested

To Mod: feel free to move in appropriate forum.
Thx.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Israel? That seems odd....of all countries.

I thought we shared everything with them already?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by Arken

Israel? That seems odd....of all countries.

I thought we shared everything with them already?

Me too. But seems Only here on Earth.

THE MOON IS "OFF LIMITS" also for Israel....

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Treason on any level should be punished by death. The Israelis spy on everyone, I don't know why were so close to them. I used to support Israel unconditionally until I realized we wouldn't have the muslim problem we do if that country never existed.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reminds me of a paper I read in the space archives thingie, some report discussing mining the moon, but some of the language could have been interpreted that we already had some bases on the moon and some proposals were out to maximize the efficiency of said bases.

-summons Zorgon to provide more detail on the papers-

But ya, if the world found out we (the US) had bases on the moon already...some rather uncomfortable questions would certainly arise.
edit on 22-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Treason on any level should be punished by death. The Israelis spy on everyone, I don't know why were so close to them. I used to support Israel unconditionally until I realized we wouldn't have the muslim problem we do if that country never existed.

Muslims are also not a fan of any western nation.
should we dismantle the west because muslims don't like us?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

It depends on what is being called treason....and, who is claiming it. According to some current U.S. illegal laws, I can be charged with treason for being a prepper.....

Des

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

It depends on what is being called treason....and, who is claiming it. According to some current U.S. illegal laws, I can be charged with treason for being a prepper.....

Des

Now how did it go, you know that crazy lady queen of hearts "Off with his head!"

Seriously I doubt being a prepper is a treasonous act, unless your acquiring illegal items with intent to do some serious damage.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have always believed we may have "militarized" the moon during the Cold War with the Soviet Union. We managed to place nukes everywhere else, why not on the moon? I believe the United States has refused to sign the treaty that forbids ownership and militarization of the moon. I think that some of the conspiracy theories have developed from the fact that the DoD and NASA doesn't want the public to know what we have on the moon, not necessarily that it's aliens.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for the post. Interesting! To show how naive I am, I dd not know that we had any "moon secretes". I thought that everything we did on the moon was open knowledge. What could be so secrete that it costs a man 13 years of his life?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Wow imagine a scientist of his caliber in prison. He isn't going to like it very much. I honestly feel a bit sorry for him. Waste of a good mind if you ask me. They should have just fined him what ever he was trying to get payed for his leak.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I observe the moon through a high quality telescope all of the time, there are no bases or military on it as far as i have seen. Good luck building something on the far side in the dark though.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
I have always believed we may have "militarized" the moon during the Cold War with the Soviet Union. We managed to place nukes everywhere else, why not on the moon? I believe the United States has refused to sign the treaty that forbids ownership and militarization of the moon. I think that some of the conspiracy theories have developed from the fact that the DoD and NASA doesn't want the public to know what we have on the moon, not necessarily that it's aliens.

"Mititarizing" the Moon during the Cold War was undoubedly in the plans for both countries before the USSR went to pot, but it took the introduction of the Space Defense Initiative ("Star Wars" to us commoners) that got the money (mostly stolen from various public and other accounts) to put that plan into action.

The tool that enabled that ambitious program was the triangles the craft that we can find in various skies about any day since the mid-1980s (and earlier).

In short, orbital space and then the Moon are the high ground for modern warfare. A through understanding of the US Space Force--which most people probably view as a joke--will enable some decent thinking about what is the truth of the often askedd simple question of why we never sent more manned flights to the Moon. And the existence of the triangles explain why there was no improved rocketship that replaced the short-ranged shuttle.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He was trying to sell Israel "top secret information about satellites, early warning systems, methods for retaliating against large-scale attack, communications intelligence information and major elements of defense strategy." There was nothing in the charges about lunar information. He just happened to have worked on the lunar research program.

And yes, even though Israel is our "friend," the country is one of the largest customers for intelligence information on U.S. technology and defense systems. Israel is also the "friend" that shot up the U.S.S. Liberty.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Pure, unabashed speculation....that falls apart when logic is applied:

We managed to place nukes everywhere else, why not on the moon?

No, there are no "nukes" on the Moon.

You are referring to ICBMs, or other sort of rockets to act as a delivery method for nuclear warheads.

Such weapons need to be manned, and maintained....by Humans on site. There also have been NO, and I repeat, NO major payloads lofted to Lunar vicinity.

Furthermore, the "point" of nuclear weapons in terms of an all-out "war" is the time factor, and the proximity. AND, that element of "surprise".....There simply is no technology to get a weapon from the Moon to Earth and still do it quickly, and maintain a "surprise" aspect.

And as pointed out.....there are people who have been observing the Moon for decades. And, nothing out of the ordinary is seen....at all.

The scientist mentioned in the OP divulged "secrets" that are space-related, and are not to be inferred as suggested, by the thread title.....the title is a bit over-the-top deceptive.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

And as pointed out.....there are people who have been observing the Moon for decades. And, nothing out of the ordinary is seen....at all.

Hmm...

Seems that you have been outside in the rain forest for a lon long time....

Welcome!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The claims of "secret bases" and "alien ships" on the Lunar surface have over, and over, and over again been shown to be nonsense.

The LRO camera images are freely available to everyone with online Internet access, and a computer.....and the entire surface of the Moon has been photographed.

Still nothing.

There are thousands (millions?) of telescopes aimed at the hemisphere of the Moon that we can always see (when it's lit up)....still nothing.

During "New Moon" (when the entire hemisphere facing Earth is in darkness)...not even a light, or any other "sign" of anything artificial, much less a "Base" of any sort.

All the rest of the claims are pure fantasy, and complete failures of interpretation of normal photographic anomalies.....spurred by a somewhat "criminal" element of misinformation perpetuated upon the eagerly gullible, who lap it up so readily...

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Your strictly personal opinion is clear.
Thx.

And welcome again....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Whether there's a hidden base on the moon or not, the question is what SECRETS are they hiding which resulted in this scientist to be jailed? If there's NOTHING there (like a lot people claim), then why incarcerate anyone?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And what happens if its a underground base?

Also if they/we had the tech to have a base on the moon don't you think we have to tech to keep it secret/hidden. We now how ways to hide tanks from IR. It's said take the tech we have now and add 50 years to it is what the military has. And the Tech in the 1962 is different from now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join