It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAU Student loses her mind in class... Literally goes CRAZY on everyone...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
I think sometimes people have very bad days. Anyone can have a meltdown. Your mind can be on something completely unrelated to the present and you take it out on those around you.

It's being sensationalized because of the racial aspect. If she had blown up for any other reason, we'd never have heard about it.

It's not being sensationalized just because of the race.
Just last semester at my college a girl had a meltdown in the library and the video went viral.
She has aspergers and what the video doesn't show is that the girls she went off on were intentionally provoking her before they hit record.
So it's not just the race issue, society has become voyeuristic to the point of almost falling apart.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

I understand that people sometimes have bad days, or in this instance, a VERY bad day, but dismissing the action by calling it a bad day is not alright in my eyes... The way she acted is unacceptable and I believe people should have better self control to not let situations like this ever happen.... Serious actions should always be met with punishments, she shouldnt be given a "pass" just because she was having a bad day, she is an adult and she should start acting like one...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
nothing will happen to her,slap on the wrist maybe,the press will release a statement saying something like"ms so and so was taken to the local hospital where she was treated for exhaustion and blah blah blah"no mention of kill whitey or assualt,just move along,nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A number of people are pointing out that this girl has a total mental blowout and breakdown. I can't dispute that in watching the video. How can anyone even suggest the girl is in her right mind? Well, she's no more in her right mind than a blackout drunk in the middle of a binge. However..there IS something that comes to mind...Blackout drunks seem to be more honest at the height of that then they ever are when in full control of their inhibitions and "shut up" reflex in their minds.

Why is it....Her tirade and rant mirrored so many I've heard before from ..as it happens...black females? It's racist only in so far as her entire monologue with threats to murder fellow students was ENTIRELY and 100% racist to the core. However P.C. we want to play at being, anyone can listen..and those are the facts.

IS she actually a racist? Well, even a post here who claims to know the Girl and says no, also admits she's a very quiet girl by nature and isn't very vocal on much of anything on a normal day.

I'd also note..the situation she supposedly snapped over..and had *NO* relation to anyone she knew or is kin to...wasn't even a racial thing by the sound of it. A Hispanic with a power trip beyond all imagination played Cop in hot pursuit and shot a kid in a hoodie. Would he have NOT fired if it'd been some rough looking white boy in a hoodie and "deemed" to be up to no good? I doubt it...but we wouldn't have even heard about that shoot.

Racism is Racism...and it's ugly when a White is decked out in their pointy little hat. It's equally ugly when someone snaps and starts threatening to kill everyone around them because, in their mind, their OWN race has them ad some disadvantage in life. Whatever...... Perhaps if we stop telling people from Birth that they aren't White, so they aren't worth as much...they'd stop growing up trying to fight a perception no one I know even has.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I feel sorry for her.

I think I might understnad where she's coming from, but there's a lot of things that would have be put into her pressure cooker for her to explode like this. IMHO, this girl need a lot of time to cool down.

But no matter how you feel about things, exploding in class like that is unacceptable.

If you want to bring up an issue, do it formally and responsibly. She didn't. That's what's sad.

One thing I have on my mind that I'd like to talk to the professor about or a professor of sociology or something is how long do we have to wait until we know that certain people or groups of people or races are suffering negatively from natural selection? Look at Africa, for example. It's not doing well. How long do we have to wait until we know that it failed the evolutionary test? What about native americans? Did they fail too? Europeans stormed north america and virtually eradicated them (maybe not directly). What happens if the native american culture becomes extinct? Will Africans lose their culture? And will we be able to pinpoint which genes or which behaviors led to their unfortunate end? And does a society or a group of people have to become extinct in order to suffer negatively from natural selection?

Humans are animals and therefore aren't exempt from suffering negatively from natural selection.
edit on 23-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's also ugly if every incident has to go viral to remind us that racism still exists and cause some of us to remember that our skin colors are different and that we'd better side with our own kind and perpetuate this thing until kingdom come.

She was enraged about that incident that was sensationalized by the media into a white/black hate crime, when it was a half-latino crime-fighter with a gun who stereotyped/profiled a black kid.

Then there was the black guy who killed the white guy in the park.

Both stories setup as if they were simple hate motivated executions, when they are likely alot more complicated. But white v black, black v white sells, and it's good rhetoric for a campaign or agenda, and so it will continue as long as we (suckers all) buy into it. Our media pushes it, our politicians exploit it, and our peers rally us to it. Not enough out there (ATS included) trying to deny/defy it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I 100% agree with comment. You will see this behavior in just about every "city school" here. It is worse now than it was 15 years ago (which was pretty bad).

I graduated from a Pittsburgh Public school (in 96), my senior year we had several racial fueled episodes. I was in class and right next to me an African-American girl (17) stood up and started screaming racial comments to a white member of the football team when he stood up to back away from her she pulled a knife and sliced his arm. She was sent to a youth detention center and released when she was 18. He did not make a comment to her in that class or even talk to her. We were all baffled while she did that.

I have several other stories from my (now closed) high school that would make this girl look tame. Not to mention the peak of gang war popularity, the Rodney King riots (middle school) and OJ announced not guilty, yes, even that event sparked violence against white people in my school.

JT
edit on 23-3-2012 by Greenblaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So this makes me wonder. IS the conditioning of lower class blacks causing high racial tension and hatred for whites? Although there is much ignorance from white people towards black people, i really think the ignorance is much higher in some areas towards whites from blacks.

As a white person i am not politically correct on many matters but i feel racism has grown so much since the civil rights movement onto whites from blacks. I think racism in all areas is extremely ignorant and though i know what has fueled the ideology there is still a way to bring peace to everyone without judgement and assumptions based off the color of our skin. ITS COLOR for #s sake. Having the chance to live with many black children criminalized for their behaviors in the real world, i have gotten a chance to observe what they are fueled by. Many of these youths come from the poorest cities in america and try to survive in conditions they were born in by anyway possible. To them there is no hope to climb the "success" latter in society to make it out of their own neighborhoods. They are given a false perception of white people which fuels their jealousy to hate white people.

Was charles manson right about a race war but very far off? Or was he just observing the conditions around him to foresee a possible crisis unfolding between the races due to the powers of manipulation? Only time will tell. I say to anyone of any color, you are my brother or sister in life and i will stand by your side even if you hate me because of the color of my skin. I speak my own truth from my experiences. Political correctness and ignorance just fuels the hatred more.

All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
LOL
Idk why nobody didn't take her out!If I was in that class,and some woman freaked out,and shoved my forehead in a class I paid for,someones gettin taken out.
Gender aside,this woman was askin for it

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
People will soon realize that our problems are not black or white they are GREEN, meaning the folks who control our $$$$$$$$. WAKE UP!!

reply to post by jhn7537

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
THE COLLEGE CONSPIRACY

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

One thing I have on my mind that I'd like to talk to the professor about or a professor of sociology or something is how long do we have to wait until we know that certain people or groups of people or races are suffering negatively from natural selection? Look at Africa, for example. It's not doing well. How long do we have to wait until we know that it failed the evolutionary test? What about native americans? Did they fail too? Europeans stormed north america and virtually eradicated them (maybe not directly). What happens if the native american culture becomes extinct? Will Africans lose their culture? And will we be able to pinpoint which genes or which behaviors led to their unfortunate end? And does a society or a group of people have to become extinct in order to suffer negatively from natural selection?

Humans are animals and therefore aren't exempt from suffering negatively from natural selection.
edit on 23-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure, but from most of your examples I believe you are confusing social Darwinism for natural selection. Natural selection is how we ascended from the apes. Social Darwinism is how some attempt to justify using superior strength/education/cunning to exploit the weak/less informed.

I do have a question about this breakdown that I haven't seen addressed in the thread. Was this woman recently put on anti-depressants or had her dosage of anti-depressants changed? Or, has she possibly been switched from one type of anti-depressant to another within the past month?

I was put on an anti-depressant for a short time due to multiple tragedies that happened in my life within a period of half a year. I noticed that I seemed to go through the 'stages of grief' during the first week I was on them. I went from wanting to cry constantly for a single day to being so angry that I wanted to punch somebody when I woke up the next morning. By that evening you could have done almost anything to me and I wouldn't have cared.

My point being - I am not one to externalize, and I am certainly not violent, but the anger I felt for that one day, caused me to separate myself from everyone. I was actually afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep from punching somebody if they said something and I took it out of context.

I wonder if this isn't what happened to her.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Most of you seem to be missing the point that this poor girl was having a very real mental breakdown, I would hazard a guess a paranoid schizophrenic one, or psychotic break, with a massive persecution complex (not surprising with living in a country of - in my honest observation - very outspoken racists).

What is really sad is that people find this kind of breakdown amusing or entertaining, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if she was being bullied - did the school even consider investigating this as a cause? No, it seemed they just arrested her and zapped her like a deranged animal.

Its shocking in this so called modern society that mental health issues are treated as entertainment or even something to be laughed at. I have noticed this especially in work in the UK, anyone of the age of 26 or below have absolutely no idea of how to recognise mental health, with no consideration of what is actually going on. Rather they are allowed to further taunt, mock, provoke and even laugh at the expense of people who are genuinely ill.

It wouldn't surprise me if the same class singled out a student that had an epileptic fit and filmed it as entertainment laughing their heads off as the student was dragged out and zapped.

That class needs sitting down and needs a good talking to in my opinion, as do the teachers!

They should have at least first removed all other students from the room for their own safety, and had one, maybe two people there that could have at least helped calm this girl down. As she was going through a traumatic time, you would have thought the school would have been better informed.

Some people on here really are sick. So sick as to use someone's personal life trauma unfolding as an excuse to make overtly racist comments about them, how low can you get?

Any one of you that really think that people just look for a fight for the hell of it for no reason at all, given the full background to this story, need to book themselves in at the same hospital that she was taken to.
edit on 23/3/12 by Decronite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Some of the comments I have read on websites and youtube about this incident are absolutely disgraceful. As was the action the police took, and the response of the people in her class. The girl was clearly having a serious mental breakdown, and was in need of help, but people mock and record her like she is a freakshow exhibit.

Yes, she was saying some strange and abusive things, but that is what happens when you are having a breakdown. She probably didn't even realise what she was saying.

You can say what you like about the supposed nanny state the UK has become, but at least you get looked after if you go through something like this, not tazed and thrown in the back of a police car like a criminal.

A little more compassion towards eachother would make life much more pleasant.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Oh, I get it, this is one of those "See Black people are racist too" phenomenon .
I couldn't figure out the interest till I saw it and read the posts.

Well to be fair, all the black people in the class would've needed to join
in and continued it for 150-160 years, and then they could have a
city named after their behavior.
Like Lynchburg .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by v8poweredsofa

Totally agree with you. I have to say Nanny State is better than, well A STATE (ie a mess), although I have to say that as nanny state as the UK is, the rules are usually easily bent.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Oh, I get it, this is one of those "See Black people are racist too" phenomenon .

Wrong.

This is a Bitches Be Crazy phenomenon,

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Nah.
It's the racist thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by leperlord
Bitch shoulda been tasered, hogtied and thrown in a police van .......must be nice to get to act like an animal in a classroom and get away with it.....bet she votes her skin color too....

That's cool. So when something happens in your life that causes you to snap, you won't mind being tasered and abused when you feel at your most lonely and vulnerable?

I read the terms and conditions. This thread is in need of Mod attention urgently.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join