It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAU Student loses her mind in class... Literally goes CRAZY on everyone...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Update on Carr
Interview previous to outburst about Trayvon case
www.cbs12.com...

jhameia.tumblr.com...

But the night before she seemed totally in control. She was interviewed by a Miami TV station about the bus trip she was organizing to the rally for Trayvon Martin.

“He was killed in a such a way that struck a nerve with my family and I,” Carr said during the interview.

Carr said that when she was growing up her brothers were often questioned in their Broward County community even though they were doing nothing wrong, just like Trayvon Martin.

“A normal everyday occasion such as walking and he died for that,” said Carr.

Things got worse on the way to the Hospital
blogs.browardpalmbeach.com...

After that, according to the report, it got way, way worse.

The first time of three instances in which police used a Taser on Carr was while they were first attempting to apprehend her outside the classroom. Then, on the way to the police station, the report says, "Carr started screaming to let her out and take the handcuffs off of her and kicking the roof of the vehicle, the door and the windows."

They ultimately decided to bypass processing her at the police station and take her directly to South County Mental Health Center. Before they left, they attempted to restrain her legs. She wouldn't let them, and got hit with the Taser again. She was tased a third time when she "refused to stop swinging back and forth" in the police car.

When they finally got to South County, Carr refused to get out of the car and had to be carried in. Inside, she refused to walk to a room and was carried there too. There, police say, she fought with the staff and had to be held down by three police officers and medical staff.

Police Report:
www.scribd.com...

Might want to rethink calling me a liar and fabricating things up.

Search is your friend. use it.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Believe it or not I actually know the girl at this university, as I attended undergrad and grad school there and she just had a mental breakdown. She is normally a super quiet girl who, believe it or not is SUPER intelligent. This video of her was not "her". I spoke to her sisters and she is in a mental hospital right now because mental illness run in her family. The reason why things didn't get taken to that level was because the university understands what's really going on. The media did not investigate as it should to find out the truth, which I'm not surprised!

I also found this post on Fox News site....

"I am a Ph.D. student who has known and worked with the young lady in the video for the last year. Other grad. students in our lab, and our PI have worked with her and known her for much longer. This behavior was completely aberrant from her normal behavior. She is an intelligent, charming, and quiet young lady, who, for whatever reason, lost control. Contrary to the bilge spilled above in some of the comments, she is not a racist, not an anarchist and not a welfare queen. Nor is she an intelligent design believer or a creationist, although she is a Christian. She is receiving medical treatment and will suffer the consequences of this one snap for the rest of her life. I'm a conservative voter and solid Republican, but I'm appalled by the completely thoughtless nonsense I'm seeing here and elsewhere, without regard to any facts or knowledge of the circumstances. "Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble." 1 Peter 3:8"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

You are right. She had a mental break down...I went to university with this girl and she is EXTREMELY intelligent. Her and her sisters all have at least 2 bachelor degrees from there, and two of them are pursuing PhDs.

I spoke to her family and they confirmed that mental illness runs in their family and she indeed had a mental breakdown. Its really sad. Even more that a lot of ignorant people are making fun of her and can't see the truth.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Why was she at school if so traumatized? Honestly, take the class online or whatever

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Fact:
This girl was interviewed before the incident about Trayvon's Murder
This girl was in class and had a breakdown. (While in class she was probably thinking about the incident and the interview) [Like, what could I have said differently.] We all do that. Possibly his lecture triggered it when she asked the question and he was unable to answer her.

Please take note of the bold text--those are not facts. I have no issue with anything else you say, but you're inserting your own opinions into the "facts".

edit on 3/22/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Enough with the criticism.

Why do you think it's in parenthesis?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I feel bad for the girl. The media, and society in general, has been telling her that she is descriminated against and it eventually triggered a defense mechanism that caused her to lash out. There is plenty of hate in this world, but with the constant exacerbation from the media, people start to forget that the hate is mostly isolated, and they encourage and spread it. The killing of the boy in Florida very well may have been rascist, but in most cases, and possibly even in the Florida case, they are motivated by bigoted stereotyping. Let's create a single standard in which all cases are seen in the same light, so that our youth might recognize that racism works both ways, and more people might choose to shrug off racism in favor of joining the majority in solidarity.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Fire in the Sky? Travis Walton

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by Manhater

Fact:
This girl was interviewed before the incident about Trayvon's Murder
This girl was in class and had a breakdown. (While in class she was probably thinking about the incident and the interview) [Like, what could I have said differently.] We all do that. Possibly his lecture triggered it when she asked the question and he was unable to answer her.

Please take note of the bold text--those are not facts. I have no issue with anything else you say, but you're inserting your own opinions into the "facts".

Rofl I told myself not to come back to this thread, but your comment made me return and reply.

That girl manhater have been posting some pretty much delusional or brutally dumb "facts" about the incident. Like you noticed, most of it or all (since I stopped reading what she writes long ago) is based on her imagination and assumptions. Is too sad shes stuck with the mentality and high horses to see whats wrong. My suggestion to you, is a waste of breath dealing with people like that polluting boards with childish behavior and non-sense. Have a nice day!
edit on Fri Mar 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: corrected tags

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Brenidi14

Yeah, this is a delusion
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fact: Obviously you two are illiterate and no one can help you.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am so glad there are no videos on youtube detailing my worst moments in life.
Poor girl just lost it.
Maybe we could all give her the benefit of the doubt and let her live her life.
Imagine trying to find a decent job with this video floating around.
Or finding a date.
Imagine going to meet new boyfriends parents and they recognize you from your violent racist outburst on the internet.
Jeez.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Sounds like an Obammy voter.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
I am so glad there are no videos on youtube detailing my worst moments in life.
Poor girl just lost it.
Maybe we could all give her the benefit of the doubt and let her live her life.
Imagine trying to find a decent job with this video floating around.
Or finding a date.
Imagine going to meet new boyfriends parents and they recognize you from your violent racist outburst on the internet.
Jeez.

THIS - is absolutely true!
I would believe that there are many of us who had one not so proud moment. Life plays tricks on you at times.

Now imagine this moment plastered all over the internet, it would do more harm than good in the end .

And the internet never forgets. Also will let us, ( the involved person) never forget.

So, now she does not only have to deal with her immediate situation, she will also have to deal with the video, perhaps for the rest of her life.

Regardless as to what had happened in the school, I would never wish that upon anyyone, and wish for her sake that the video hopefully just kindly dissapears.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by mytheroy

This girl needs to be expelled.... Telling everyone that your going to kill them and then assualting a few people has to be grounds for termination, especially in todays times....

Today's times? What is significant about "today's times?" Ah, You mean today's OPPRESSIVE times where people can't say much of anything for fear of offending someone. Today's politically correct times where speaking certain phrases is CRIMINAL... considered HATE SPEECH and can get you arrested and jailed?

Are those the times we're in? I'd say someone needs to be expelled, and it aint this lunatic. It's the the scum in the large domed building off the Potomac River, and from a rather stately mansion up the street a couple miles.

Congrats on finishing your koolaid, though. That had to be hard to swallow.

edit on 23-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This belongs on ATS because??? You saw a vid and decided you wanted to repost it??? You don't even offer an insightful comment or anything...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
Here's the big joke , if that was a white girl doing that school security would have been in that room in two seconds and she would have been subdued and probably beaten for threatening to kill black people , then it would be running day in and day out on the main stream media. Then Barrack Obama would have a press conference.But because it's a black girl , there is no media coverage at all, not one station is showing this incident, because they are all so focused on running endless stories about the white guy killing the black boy in Florida. Does anyone else see a double standard here?
Gotta love the new America.
edit on 22-3-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

Lol that's a big outburst out of nothing...are you two related?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I would of loved to of seen the guy she pushed, jump of and drop her with a right uppercut, in self defense of course. The rule of never hitting a woman only applies while she's acting like one, which this one clearly wasn't !

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by jhn7537

This belongs on ATS because??? You saw a vid and decided you wanted to repost it??? You don't even offer an insightful comment or anything...

And what's the point of your comment??? If you dont like the thread and if you dont believe my comments are "insightful" enough than dont participate.... No one is forcing you to come to this thread, it seems like others find this story interesting, hence the commenting, so I dont understand your reason for commenting...

I'm sorry that this thread didnt live up to your high standards....
edit on 23-3-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

If she was just venting racism than when she hit the gun in the face it's a hate crime.
If she is crazy she needs to be locked up in a loony bin.
A third option is she was high out of her mind.

Whatever the case she needs to be locked up.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think sometimes people have very bad days. Anyone can have a meltdown. Your mind can be on something completely unrelated to the present and you take it out on those around you.

It's being sensationalized because of the racial aspect. If she had blown up for any other reason, we'd never have heard about it.

It's sad and unfortunate that we feed off of these situations and keep defining those separating lines that are between us.

edit: I'm not condoning her behavior, but am not calling for her head. Some kind of help is needed obviously.
edit on 23-3-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join