It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAU Student loses her mind in class... Literally goes CRAZY on everyone...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well I guess she was handled the same way as Jason Russel, they were both taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. The choice was hers to blow up like that. She was coherent and engaging the people around her. Jason Russel was "talking to devils".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So This..

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Heaven forbid things happen in our world are not pg enough for ATS.

You joined an all-ages forum. The alternative is GLP. I don't mind giving in to a bit of censoring if it's in the name of good taste.

...and this, isn't off topic? Interesting.

Originally posted by becomingaware
Obviously the video was too "touchy" for ATS. I guess were not grown up enough to have a civil adult conversation about that video, so they remove it.

They might as well remove the entire thread, since people can't see the content anymore. Absolutely ridiculous.

It's not hard to google it. There are very real reasons they need to keep a certain age-appropriateness to ATS. Same reason that we cannot discuss certain recreational substances, even if they naturally occur in our bodies. It has more to do with technicalities than some ambiguous racial conspiracy.

I wonder if her racist remarks would be conceived as a hate crime.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I couldn't watch it but, from what I can tell by what you guys said, she actually assaulted some of the people there. If that's true, it's a good case for a hate crime. The whole thing seems very sad but racism is racism and violence is violence. People will make their own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Something like this happened last year in the school where I work. The girl had to be stopped by pretty much the whole teaching stuff of the school, because she was going to punch some other girls that were bullying her.
She also was throwing away chairs and paper. I could hear her from a distant room. She was one of the quietest girl I've ever known. In fact she barely speaks. She has no parents and lives in a community.
Well, though all of that happened,she is still attending the same school, she wasn't expelled.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

She blew! Out of nowhere, for no appearant reason. And continued on to do so, even long after her removal of the classroom.

Her issue was entirely about race.
She was very offensive against the white race.
She used direct threats towards teacher, classmates and society.
That throwing her head about attitude seems to be a sign of a provocative nature. An sign of dominance and an invitation to fight.

Maybe there was despair (more of a personal kind, like failure), but this is no excuse.
Had it been a short phase of “insanity”, then maybe so.
This girl, however, was extremely aggressive, confrontational, racist and threatening.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I couldn't watch it but, from what I can tell by what you guys said, she actually assaulted some of the people there. If that's true, it's a good case for a hate crime. The whole thing seems very sad but racism is racism and violence is violence. People will make their own conclusions.

WTH? How can you decide something is not appropiate if you haven't watched the topic of discussion? How can you formulate your own thought on the reactions of others? How can you accuse someone of siding with the Ku Klux Klan when you havent seen the content of the video?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I'm curious about the second video of her being put in the police car. At the very beginning of that video a girl states "chick was having a seizure, like her eyes were all crossed". I just found that part very odd. I don't know if there is a condition that would tie the two together, but it could explain her outburst and rage.

OiO

edit on 22-3-2012 by OneisOne because: add

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well apparently there was a lot of anger pent up there. Did she suffer a breakdown? I think she needs help.

Its a shame for her that she did that. She will probably be expelled and rightfully so.

What is the law regarding making verbal threats against someone? Anyone know what its called? (the crime that is)

As for hate speech (the racism part) I don't think that should be a crime. Making threats yes, racism no.

Hate crime is a pretty weird invention. The crime already exists who cares about the motive?

Assault is assault whether it is motivated by jealousy or racism or whatever ... just my two about that.

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BallinOnWelfare
I think she had water in her head and she was trying to shake it out. SO it was clogging her brain making her go crazy.

No kidding. WTH was that all about. It's like she was trying to show off her hair or something.

I couldn't get past the first minute. At that point I felt an urge to reach through my screen, grab her by the dreadlocks and smash her dumb face into her desk so the guy could finish his class

nutjob

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

WTH? How can you decide something is not appropiate if you haven't watched the topic of discussion? How can you formulate your own thought on the reactions of others? How can you accuse someone of siding with the Ku Klux Klan when you havent seen the content of the video?

I didn't decide if something was appropriate or not. I simply told you why they remove inappropriate content.

As far as the other remark, it had nothing to do with the video. I was replying to somebody's reference to "their culture", saying that black people must all talk like this behind closed doors. I didn't need to watch a video to point out the ignorance in a statement like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is why racism is so sad. It is an endlessly perpetuating cycle. This girl may have experienced racism in her life, and the story about the kid being shot by the cop probably fueled her own racism to manifest. She had a mental break with reality. Who knows what kind of stress she was under prior to this? I hope she gets the help she needs, and yes, she needed to have been expelled from the school.

And, most people did not want to put their hands on or confront the crazy girl. Would you? Crazy people have adrenaline the rest of us don't. Crazy people are unpredictable. The best thing the class did was to not confront her- however- they shouldn't have stayed in the room filming and laughing at the Jerry Springer moment either. I would have left, if it were me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

What is the law regarding making verbal threats against someone? Anyone know what its called? (the crime that is)

Based on what I saw on the video she is clearly guilty of multiple accounts of assault (which does not require actual contact with the victim) and at least one count of assault and battery.

What surprised me was that more people didn't quickly leave. As was pointed out earlier she might have had a gun.
edit on Thu Mar 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed partial tag

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by MegaMind

Based on what I saw on the video she is clearly guilty of multiple accounts of assault (which does not require actual contact with the victim) and at least one count of assault and battery.

What surprised me was that more people didn't quickly leave. As was pointed out earlier she might have had a gun.

When she walked up to the white kid who was just sitting there and hit him in the face then said "Ill bleeping kill you" should not go overlooked.... if its the other way around its a hate crime
edit on Thu Mar 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed partial tag

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by godspetrat
I don't know. She certainly went ballistic verbally, but was not an actual physical danger. As usual, overreaction by the authorities. Sure, she should get some cooling off time, but I think everyone is entitled to one good explosion before we lock them up and throw away the key. We don't want to make her any angrier, obviously!

Yes, she was a physical danger. The moment she lays her hands on someone aggressively, she is a physical threat.

The authorities in this instance did NOT over react...we don't want to make her angrier? Are you kidding me?

Girl or not, if that chick came up to me flipping out like she did and assaulted me, I'm knockinhg her on her ass. Then I'm holding her down until the cops arrive, and hope to hell they taze her. She deserved that taze, two or three times even.

Indeed..and well said! As much as I have come to detest Tasers and how they are so over-used these days, the fine young lady featured in this story is living proof for why we still NEED tasers with our cops. They could tase her or they could shoot her.

20 years ago.....she may not have left that room alive. Today, she merely had a VERY bad night. She ought to thank the cops and the maker of the Taser in this instance,
edit on 22-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I just watched a couple of the videos on YouTube. Disturbing stuff! It doesn't strike me as a usual rant though, more like a psychotic episode of some sort. It'd be interesting to know if she has a history of mental illness, although Schizophrenia commonly manifests in people in their late teens and early twenties. One of the witnesses described her going very still and glassy eyed after the episode.

Personally, I'm inclined to feel sorry for her and hope that she receives the help she so obviously needs so that she can pick up her life again as some point. If she's charged and criminalised it would merely be papering over the cracks and avoiding the real issue and serve no purpose other than to postpone a more serious and possibly fatal outburst at a later date. For me, I'm concerned for her wellbeing and my thoughts are with her and her family.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If you want to see more of this kind of behavior, just visit a local inner city high school. Granted the rantings are not always racial, but more like who the "blank" do you think you are? I don't have to do a "blanken" thing if I don't want to. (Hand in your face)...Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.... I'll kick your blanken ........@#!!#3@!!!. What's amazing is most of the vulgarity and disrespect are coming from the girls. The boys do their fair share, but most of them know when to stop and walk away.

When you tell them to calm down and warn them you'll have to call a police officer if they continue, they ignore it and escalate it even more!! When a police officer arrives they sometimes will start mouthing off to them, or some will even resist being removed from the class room and start scuffling with the police officer. It's really kind of crazy when you try to reason with a kid so they won't be taken away in handcuffs, but a lot of them have no fear and don't care.
Most of the time they want to show-off how tough they are to their peers.

There's a lot of anger and disrespect in this young generation. The "F" bomb is dropped in almost every conversation in the hallways and in the classroom. It's not like years ago where kids sometimes would be saying it quietly down the hallway or in the restroom. They're yelling it down the hallways! It's so wide spread administrators look the other way. They say it so much, sometimes I don't think they realize they're saying it.

I've personally have broken-up numerous fights, and what's hilarious, is most male teachers don't like to get between two girls fighting because the girls hands start flying and legs start kicking because they're out for blood. Once they get a hold of the hair, they're not letting go until there's a pile left on the hallway floor. They won't stop until they're taken away in handcuffs, and even than, they're still spouting off as they're exiting the school.

I'm getting to old now to break up fights, so now I just buzz the office or hope some of the other young male teachers will brave it out. It's a whole new world out there and it's getting out of control...yikes!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by godspetrat
I don't know. She certainly went ballistic verbally, but was not an actual physical danger. As usual, overreaction by the authorities. Sure, she should get some cooling off time, but I think everyone is entitled to one good explosion before we lock them up and throw away the key. We don't want to make her any angrier, obviously!

"not an actual physical danger"....she threatened to kill several people and assualted a fellow student and assualted the security guys when they turned up!

Would she actualy have to have followed through with her threat to be seen as a "physical danger" in your definition?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
Here's the big joke , if that was a white girl doing that school security would have been in that room in two seconds and she would have been subdued and probably beaten for threatening to kill black people , then it would be running day in and day out on the main stream media. Then Barrack Obama would have a press conference.But because it's a black girl , there is no media coverage at all, not one station is showing this incident, because they are all so focused on running endless stories about the white guy killing the black boy in Florida. Does anyone else see a double standard here?
Gotta love the new America.
edit on 22-3-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

They are also ignoring the white kid who had gasoline poured on him and set on fire by 2 black kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join