It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could design a long distance travel ship/craft how would you? What attributes would it have?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here is my input on the subject and how the craft would operate. This ship or craft would be made with multi dimensional technologies. It would have a shell made of material that is hardened and radiation protected if needed and its interior or CORE would be made of a photon/dark energy combination field that would allow those inside it photon travel within a photon bubble covered in dark matter. When the ship is in un operational mode it appears to be in potential energy mode/ not moving but charged, but once activated its core gains kinetic energy. Now that its activated the inhabitants will enter it. From the outside the inhabitants seem to disappear as they enter the core but still are there and have direct communications with the outside world who cannot see them, and if they stepped off the ship they would be back in the same location they were before entering (no changes before travel).

Now once the location drive is activated, the craft then finds a STAR system of interest and aims a concentrated photon / gamma ray at its destination. This is where the multi dimension or long distance travel capabilities will come in. Once the core is full and destination located the craft activates its dark energy/antimatter engine which interacts with the exterior shell of craft and the core compressing the core in dark energy and covering the shell in what is called dark energy.

The craft now is about to begin to travel. There is a short screech heard before a LIGHT/PHOTON/GAMMA ray beam is seen exiting the face of the ship/craft crystal plasma amplifier that beam is the CORE and INHABITANTS exiting current space area. At this point the shell seems to still be located in the same area but its not it is already gone but is moving at synchronized speed with the core its vibrating on such a high level those vibrating on a slower level seem to think its still there do to the photons not moving from shell as of yet?? The craft already began travel when the energy was seen exiting the crystal/plasma amplifier on craft face. The CORE is already gone w/ inhabitants and the craft cannot be entered during these periods of travel. Once the craft/ship reaches its destination the shell of CRAFT/SHIP begins to disappear as its begging acceleration mode to CATCH UP TO THE ALREADY GONE CORE FULL OF INHABITANTS. (reminds you of the way Starship Enterprise or series StarTrek looks when it uses warp speed somewhat) the segmented travel of entire ship it to prevent exposure to harmful dark energy radiation from shell cover.

The craft moves in 2 parts simultaneously the CORE and SHELL due to them being engineered from multiple intelligent interest from different Creator Creations Zones of Existence. But the shell and core are of 1 ship/craft.

[color=cyan] The question is ATS can you share some thought on what YOUR ship of long distance dimension travel attributes would be, if you could design 1... Thanks in advance to any willing to give it a try with the imagination.
edit on 3/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A Borg Cube

Because its square.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Destiny
Because re-charging while flying through a star would be sooo coool (figuratively speaking obviously)
Why cant that have based on real life.....
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Millennium falcon, swap wookie for chics...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i would make an exact replica of the red dwarth from the tv series lol

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I see some post have been added but can you access the imagination little more to describe in detail how it will work [color=cyan](like fuel the effects on those riding it and how will it map its locations). I add also when in travel on the craft ship you may change your current body make up to better suit the new region you are to inhabit, like avatar cover or total physical change... Thanks so far for the inputs.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
what about the ship from L5..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Not sure what L5 is please clarify jazzguy

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
First it would have to be extremely large. Large enough to hold renewable food sources(plants and animals), a forest of trees as oxygen synthesizers, a large crew in comfort, a fleet of transport ships, and all the necessary components of the main ship. Also, It would need an efficient way of using and storing solar and organic energy. A mechanism to extract certain necessary substances from various sources would most likely be required. It would have two different propulsion systems. One would be the basic rocket like variety. The other(primary for interstellar travel) would utilize extremely powerful magnetic generators that could bend space and time. These generators would also be used as radiation protection and a sort of gravity.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I would have a giant phallic rocketship. Think Flash Gordon circa 1940.

Have great flames shooting out the back, a big nipple antenna out front. a driving seat, lots of knobs and blinky lights and that weird woooorrrraaaarrr electronic sound going constantly...

My suit would be made of a light reflective silver and red suit with a leathery helmet with wings on the side, and some big goggles.

And the nipple antenna could shoot freakin laser beams out the front to shoot down any enemies (or impale Ming the merciless with some fancy flying should the need arise).

Otherwise, I would just use a stargate...or a tardis..
edit on 22-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariess
The other(primary for interstellar travel) would utilize extremely powerful magnetic generators that could bend space and time.

Need a way to dive through space verses travel through...bend space around the craft so you don't get hit by the odd meteor/planet/star/etc and nerf the whole trip.

Also getting from point A to point B in under a bajillion years would be helpful..so, if you bend space around you to where your not even in our dimensional space, does time sort of stop in your bubble (or outside of it). This is where Relativity becomes difficult to consider

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariess

Ariess, I like the detail you added for food intake and preservation, I was considering another food/energy source being absorbed thru the bodies somehow in a radiant type of way like a cell you lay within that recharges your bodies energy (keeping in mind possible nano technology being used to modify the bodies to absorb and store the energy). I also like the magnetic generators
forgot to add those as well and they could be used as a shield and beam to prevent any cosmic impacts. If I may ask how would the loctional mapping work with it.

thanks for you input Ariess

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
My suit would be made of a light reflective silver and red suit with a leathery helmet with wings on the side, and some big goggles.

And the nipple antenna could shoot freakin laser beams out the front to shoot down any enemies (or impale Ming the merciless with some fancy flying should the need arise).

Interesting craft description SaturnFX

Otherwise, I would just use a stargate...or a tardis..
edit on 22-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Now if you chose to stargate/tardis how would you map your next location, also the need for equipment and other needs would the attempt to carry that all thru gate as well or find in new location (you can even consider stargate tech embedded within the craft. I say ship or craft keeping in mind many energy forms being EXODUS somehow, energy froms can be human or others but in need of a new home and trying to get as far from their current zone of existence-EVEN EXITING THE UNIVERSE. when i see ancient builds I sometimes consider if they are objects designed in different time like future or even past but the objects in current time look like they are in potential mode somewhat like pyramids being active in the future but many cannot see them in current time just some parts, that where I got the idea for the craft moving in multiple parts.
Thanks for the input SaturnFX

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
Destiny
Because re-charging while flying through a star would be sooo coool (figuratively speaking obviously)

I was beyond pissed when that show got canceled. I think I might cry.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I feel your pain, they spent too long with the character building in the first series imo, other than that it was starting to look like a very good replacement for Atlantis. ~Either that or they were getting too close to the truth for the US airforce and government, one can only hope. What really annoys me is what they replaced it with too, crap like the The Almighty Johnsons, Todd and the Book of Evil, utter S**t. I knew this would happen as soon as Sony bought the franchise

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I would start with a torus-ring matter-accelerator, loaded with super-conducting mercury plasma (which is spinning at thousands of rpm) to create opposed and counter-rotating magnetic vortexes - which eliminate the ship's mass for hyperspace existence, in accordance with Extended Heim Theory. Having no mass... the ship would then be free of gravity, and capable of faster-than-light speed in hyperspace. Ship power would be derived from vacuum energy.

It would certainly not use warp drive! lol

I would then surround the hyperdrive-torus with a ship hull - in the style of a flying saucer. It would contain living accommodations for one (plus an android, and a robot), and fast 3D printers for consumables - like: food, clothes, tools, etc. And of course... a state of the sci-fi art computer system. The ship would have an air-lock chamber, to allow entry/exit under water also - to scuba-explore alien seas.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
Destiny

Even if it were possible, I don't really see the benefits of it! You wouldn't get enough power to use it to travel to the next star-system. If your plan is simply to explore your own solar system, then using something like Fusion to power your ship would be cheaper, quicker & safer.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Larryman, I like the way you laid it out in detail and the mercury plasma spinning to create opposed and counter-rotating magnetic vortexes 1 can see how it would work (that's sort of how the dark energy/photon core interacting would work on the craft I was considering making part of the craft and its inhabitants massless) the dark energy would encapsulate the photons and the mix would interact with the inhabitants somewhat turning them into photons ejected out of crystal/plasma face of craft only part of them, their remainder parts would catch up once the craft caught up to the core but they wouldnt be able to feel the temporary seperation). Your craft kind of reminds me of the Nazi bell technology I observed before and how it used some form of liquid metal possibly mercury in its core to generate a field or gate of some kind to travel thru. Also good idea the aquatic aspect added to allow for deep sea type of exploration I hadn't considered the main craft of my design being able to do that

thanks for your detailed input I appreciated it

edit on 3/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
this world and its nature have been our inspiration in design, i would look at this again and take ideas from it

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariess
The other(primary for interstellar travel) would utilize extremely powerful magnetic generators that could bend space and time.

Need a way to dive through space verses travel through...bend space around the craft so you don't get hit by the odd meteor/planet/star/etc and nerf the whole trip.

Also getting from point A to point B in under a bajillion years would be helpful..so, if you bend space around you to where your not even in our dimensional space, does time sort of stop in your bubble (or outside of it). This is where Relativity becomes difficult to consider

Star-Trek physics don't work in reality!

If you contract & expand space in your ship, then you are still travelling through it. That means anything in your path (dust, rocks, asteroids, comets, radiation etc, etc) will be smacking into you during your journey. So if anyone finds a way to implement a 'warp drive' in future, then they had better have the use of a big honking shield for protection otherwise they won't get very far. Also, there is no relativistic effects if you were in a warp bubble because your ship is not moving, it's being carried along for the ride inside the bubble.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join