It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting suspect killed in firefight (France)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Shooting suspect killed in firefight (France)

www.smh.com.au

The suspected al-Qaeda militant behind a wave of killings in France was shot dead yesterday in an exchange of gunfire with police after he was holed up in his apartment for about 32 hours.

Mohammed Merah, 23, was shot resisting arrest as he came out of the bathroom firing on police, jumped out of a window still shooting and was found dead on the ground

''The suspect made it clear he wasn't going to give up,'' Mr Gueant said. ''The killer came out of the bathroom while firing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Finally, the killer of Paratroopers and Jewish people has been stopped, although through death. I am glad the situation in France has now ceased, and people can get back on with their normal lives. He died while jumping out of a bathroom window. 3 Police Officers were injured in the standoff - one seriously.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good.Saves the people of France the expense and witness trauma of a trial.Sorry but little sympathy for a guy that shoots children.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I am glad the situation in France has now ceased

I'm affraid this is just the beginning, but I hope I'm wrong...
There are lots of lunatics in the world just waiting to explode

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That sucks. He might have taken a lot of interesting intel to his grave with him.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Another crazy killer meets his just end. The killer apparently had a dislike for Jews.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
reply to post by daaskapital

Another crazy killer meets his just end. The killer apparently had a dislike for Jews.

The force is strong in this one!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When i was 23, i had the following things in mind: Girls, Girls & Girls...

Makes me wonder how screwed up a young, 23 year old KID is whose life is culminating into a glorious (yeah, lol) martyr dead after having killed 7+ people in the name of Al Quida. That person did not even start living, he was a KID.

What a *****ed up world we live in where people are getting brainwashed in such a way, by politics, hate, idiology etc. that they become terrorists while basically still stupid kids, filled with hate, out on a mission to kill innocent children.

What a way to end a pointless, pathetic 23 years life, flushed off the toilet window with a bullet in his head, like the piece of *** he was.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Funny I could have sworn the MSM said he jumped to his death.

EDIT: Here is the story -

news.yahoo.com...

They said police shot him dead in the head, yet he somehow managed to jump to his own death

Mohammed Merah, the 23-year-old French gunman who confessed to killing seven people in the city of Toulouse in southwest France, is dead after being shot in the head by a police sniper during a final dramatic shoot-out with French police.

had fired at police before jumping out of the window where "he was found dead on the ground below."

The Interior Minister wouldn't answer whether Merah had died in the fall or was shot by police, though France 24 commentators noted that the jump from the 1st floor window was unlikely to have killed him.

If you go to yahoo,com's homepage and go the where the link takes you to the story, marked is the paraphrase

An Islamic extremist who boasted of attacks jumps out a window in a violent showdown with French police

How does one that is shot in the head "jump"? Did they mean to say 'was shot and fell through the window'? And if so why put so much emphasis on jumping off of a 1st floor window?
edit on 22-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Asking questions, good!!!
"confessed to the killings" when, how, to whom, who controls the 'confession'?

Who benefits from the death of Israeli Jewish children?

1) "the incumbent Nicholas Sarkozy is fighting for his political life." The French Connection: Are We Watching Gladio-Style Electioneering By Terror?

2) The Israeli government is using this as a means to turn back the clock on death penalty reform in Europe: Danny Danon: The World Should Agree To A Death Penalty For Murder Motivated By Anti-Semitism

So capital punishment will not exist in the EU, except in case of murder involving antisemitism?

3) The spotlight on deaths of Afghan civilians gets shut off in favor of deaths in France.

4) The equating of the life value of Gazan children with the life value of Jewish Israeli children gets silenced (see the Danny Danon article above: "The Chair of the Knesset Immigration, Absorption & Diaspora Affairs Committee called on the French Ambassador to ensure that President Sarkozy will condemn the words of the European Union’s foreign minister comparing the children of Gaza to the children murdered in Toulouse"
see also EU Policy Chief: My Remarks 'Grossly Distorted'
. . .

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

Asking questions, good!!!
"confessed to the killings" when, how, to whom, who controls the 'confession'?

Who benefits from the death of Israeli Jewish children?

1) "the incumbent Nicholas Sarkozy is fighting for his political life." The French Connection: Are We Watching Gladio-Style Electioneering By Terror?

2) The Israeli government is using this as a means to turn back the clock on death penalty reform in Europe: Danny Danon: The World Should Agree To A Death Penalty For Murder Motivated By Anti-Semitism

So capital punishment will not exist in the EU, except in case of murder involving antisemitism?

3) The spotlight on deaths of Afghan civilians gets shut off in favor of deaths in France.

4) The equating of the life value of Gazan children with the life value of Jewish Israeli children gets silenced (see the Danny Danon article above: "The Chair of the Knesset Immigration, Absorption & Diaspora Affairs Committee called on the French Ambassador to ensure that President Sarkozy will condemn the words of the European Union’s foreign minister comparing the children of Gaza to the children murdered in Toulouse"
see also EU Policy Chief: My Remarks 'Grossly Distorted'
. . .

There is certainly more to this story than is being told. Something fishy about all these lone gunmen playing right into the hands of the elite, like pawns in a chess game.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Hardly a "lone gunman" or even a glimmer of a "false flag"..

This guy was known as an extremist, had visited Pakistan for training and even got picked up in Afghan by the US before being sent back home to France (he wasn't in jail in Kandahar as previously stated). He is mates with people in the Army, including a mutual friend of the 1st Soldier he killed.

The fact he targeted this French unit isn't a surprise, they have done several tours of Afghan and the Jews being targeted is a given.

His brother has been arrested for possession of firearms and explosives as well, apparently, so he had help.

The only thing "fishy" about this is that the French knew about him, but didn't watch him close enough to pick up on his plot. Kind of like MI5 dropping the ball with the ring leader of the 5/7/05 bombings.

EDIT: And the Israelis can scream, cry and behave like their the only people to ever suffer as much as they want, but the Death Penalty is NOT COMING BACK TO THE EU. It is expressly forbidden by the very treaty's that hold the EU together.
edit on 22/3/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Golly.

What church did he belong to?

(beezzer asks innocently)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We are from the U.S. but have been in Paris the last several days. Even today the police with machine guns/ armored up are still heavily on patrol. LOTS of them. We somehow got pushed into the street in front of the temple. It was horrid and I'm glad the shooter got what was coming to him!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Golly.

An attempt to turn a news thread into a Muslim bashing thread? Good # beezzer...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I must point out the crazy inconsistencies in this story.....

1) According to media, this man has been under surveillance since prior to his rampage. So did they STOP surveillance when he started it?

2) Who did he confess to? And when? And how did they know he had attack plans for wednesday.

3) Prior to the standoff ending, CNN reported that he had more weapons and explosive making material in his apartment, how did they know that?

4) Why is there NO information on the investigation, and what lead authorities to his home?

5) How does a man who got shot by a sniper rifle round in the head, manage to jump out of a window?

6) The rampage lasted 10 days. You mean to tell me that after the first shooting, they didn't go through their flip book of people who were under surveillance? It took them 10 days to point the finger at a man who was under surveillance???
edit on 22-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Golly.

An attempt to turn a news thread into a Muslim bashing thread? Good # beezzer...

Nope. Just trying to. . . . . oh whats the term . . . . .

Deny Ignorance!

Ahhh, that's it.

link   

Golly.

Nope. Just trying to. . . . . oh whats the term . . . . .

Deny Ignorance!

Ahhh, that's it.

Please for the love of God explain to me how you are denying ANY amount of ignorance....

link   
religion is causing all this death, the world is # right now

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Please for the love of God explain to me how you are denying ANY amount of ignorance....

By providing an explanation as to motive.

There is that silly little dust-up going on in the Middle East right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join