It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd orange/pink rainbow (at night!?) filmed at Windsor, Ontario Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Never saw this kind of rainbow before, full filled with orange/pink color...
Seems like there's a distant storm at the horizon where the rainbow is. Also, the guy says that it was filmed at night, not sure about it though.

I really would like to know what's the optic phenomena behind this!
edit on 22-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i have never ever heard of such a thing and without a lot of light how can a huge double rainbow appear???
that is just WEIRD and if i saw it in person i would be pretty freaked out. s&f

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i googled it and it does happen but is VERY RARE. there has to be a full moon (i would have assumed even that wouldn't be bright enough for what's in those videos).

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Maybe there is LIGHT from another source or from SOL butnot seen entering that is not observed until it hits the existing water in the atmosphere during the evening. Interesting find though

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thats not a rainbow!!
Thats the outline of Nibiru!!

All joking aside, that would be pretty awesome to see in person. I would just sit out there hoping for it to never go away.

Very neat.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It can happen if the moon is behind the guy recording, but we can not see that in the video.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Any idea what direction he is facing? I ask because there is a LOT of strange occurrences going on in Central Wisconsin right now and Ontario is just across Lake Superior from Wisconsin.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Well, it's not new as it happened in 2011 August 13!

Very rare anyway. My best guess for this to occur is that the sun was already under the horizon line, during sunset or sunrise: I have found some examples with the same hue at atoptics:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My first thought was that the low clouds and rain/mist/water vapor were reflecting city lights and creating the rainbow. In most of the areas I've lived in, the city lights light up the clouds at times with a similar orange glow. Perhaps the clouds just happened to be in the right place for city light to jazz them up with a rainbow, who knows? Very nice capture no matter what

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
It can happen if the moon is behind the guy recording, but we can not see that in the video.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Yes, moonbow are very rare:

The unique beauty of a rainbow is truly something to behold, but even more amazing is the elusive moonbow. Also known as a lunar rainbow, the moonbow is produced by light reflected off of the surface of the moon rather than the light of the sun. It’s much more rare than the rainbow because a precise set of circumstances have to be met before a moonbow can form.

source

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
dio wrote of this,lol

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Meh. I live in Oregon, so all the low lying cloud coverage produces moonbows all the time. We even get them from artificial light sources.

Not so rare or cool.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UnivoxSuperfuzz

Well, are you sure you don't mix up with Lunar Corona:

Or Lunar halos?

Moonbow are formed at the opposite point where the moon is standing and they are rare especially because the moon light is faint:

Not all coloured patches in the sky are rainbows!

Source: Atoptics
Source: Astropix

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I've seen a moonbow here in New Mexico. It was way cool. It didn't have a lot of color because it wasn't that bright, but very cool nonetheless.

Rainbows are common here, especially during the monsoon when they're practically a daily occurrence.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Reminds me of the game HALO.

But yea it's very cool looking.

Was that lightning in the background ? An effect from the storm ?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's not a rainbow, that's the INVISIBLE PLANET on it's way. Dang is it close. No wonder everybody is stocking up. It's going to be any day now. Everybody run while you still can!!!!!!

Don't know where you think you're going to run to. But, doesn't hurt to try. Hurry get the bunkers!!!!!

That video is awesome though!!!! Would love to see that in my area.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Aliens.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
First of all, the video clearly wasn't at night- it was at dusk.
Secondly, we get these a lot here in Texas-
in fact, we had one TONIGHT!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

moonbow, i have a bunch of photos of one from last year

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Here's a vid I made with a bunch of pics, vids, and time-lapsed footage I took MYSELF here in northeast Texas over the past few years.
One of these 'red nighttime rainbows' is shown at about 1:40 (1 minute 40 second mark)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join