It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1,000 Pakistan women 'killed for honour'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
www.google.com...

ISLAMABAD — At least 943 Pakistani women and girls were murdered last year for allegedly defaming their family's honour, the country's leading human rights group said Thursday.

The statistics highlight the growing scale of violence suffered by many women in conservative Muslim Pakistan, where they are frequently treated as second-class citizens and there is no law against domestic violence.
. . .
"At least 943 women were killed in the name of honour, of which 93 were minors," wrote the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan in its annual report.

Paraphrased additional bits of info:

--only 20 out of 943 received any medical help before death
--"Brothers" or "husbands" did most of the exterminating

(Doesn't fit my definition of "brothers" or "husbands.")

More details here:

www.asianage.com...

Over 900 Pakistani women were killed last year in the name of honour for allegedly shaming their families while nearly 4,500 others were the target of domestic violence, the country's top rights watchdog said in a report today.
. . .

The murderers in 180 cases were brothers of the victim and the husband in 226 cases. A majority of the women killed - 557 - were married.

Before being killed with firearms and blunt weapons, at least 19 women were raped while 12 were gang raped, the report said.

I'm sure the apologists for the RO Bloody Pieces will be along shortly . . .

Perhaps they will be able to explain how it is that most other religions do NOT have such a track record of murder and mayhem of more or less innocent women.

Or maybe they will be able to explain how it is that women in the ROBP deserve to be treated worse than pig poo.

Or maybe they will be able to explain how it is that men in the ROBP are automatically judge, jury and executioners and women are automatically lower than dogs.

Or maybe they will be able to explain how the men can walk down the street holding their heads up at all after such magnificently munificent mob-mentality cowardly acts.

Or maybe they will be able to explain how it is that such a ROBP is supposed to be attractive to the least degree to anyone with any awareness of life, freedom, civil and human rights above the awareness of a blind lobotomized . . . .

Or perhaps they can explain how it is that the SUPER RATIONALIZATION MACHINE of the millenia so glibly glosses over such habits, obsessions and customs as "cultural artifacts" having nothing to do with religion.

Or perhaps they can explain on what basis the 'modern' world is supposed to consider such a philosophical, religious, cultural system to be suitable to show itself; merit the right to show itself on the modern world stage to any degree whatsoever--as opposed to hiding in the deepest of caves in shame for such hellish genocidal blood lust.

Or maybe they can explain how it's only a small minority of folks who perpetrate such horrors . . . when the majority merely look on, applaud or walk on by on the other side of the street pretending no responsibility for such hideousness. Is not the whole culture a unit? Are not the cheering bloody handed Imams supported by the monies from all?

I realize that being a Christian, I have no "right" to cast aspersions in the least on such a long tradition of bloodiness and trashing of women. If a culture or philosophy or religion or a Nation decide that's what women are for, how can I possibly have the audacity to disagree.

Besides . . . so what if 1.X billion people want to live in the Dark Ages and drag the world down their dark hole with them. How dare I even have an opinion!

What was I thinking.

I guess my sickened revulsion flowed out my fingers before I could put my mind in gear.
/sarc

edit on 22/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: ex code fix

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What is your proposal for solving this problem, OP?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Christians used to behave just as badly, it's just that they've had 2000-ish years to get their stuff together and Muslims have only had 1400.

Religion isn't the problem, it's just the excuse that cruel people use to justify their behavior.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
What is your proposal for solving this problem, OP?

I wish I had one.

It is difficult to feel anything but despair when reading such accounts.

It seems to me that the problem is only going to escalate and sweep over Europe and the world with increasing numbers and frequency.

It appears that the Marxist globalist oligarchy has chosen that religious system and culture to help eradicate all others . . .

And the Muslims are gleefully cooperating thinking it is evidence that their beliefs are right and about to triumph over all others.

They seem oblivioius that the oligarchy is merely using them as a tool and that it will, in the end, trash them also or force them into literal satan worship.

twoday.net...

18. "No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation." David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations

The only solution I see is when The King of Kings wins the scheduled literal battle of Armageddon and evil is expelled from the planet.

It seems to me, things will only get worse, until then.

The oligarchy has all the media; all the banks; all the educational institutions; all the political institutions; all th emilitary forces; all the medical institutions firmly under their !CONTROL!

Thankfully, God is still in His Heaven and Prayer still changes things.

It just seems to me, that short of powerful spiritual warfare prayers for specific cases and locales, it's a bleak picture.

There is the dramatic fact of Jesus appearing to thousands of Muslims around the world in dreams, visitatioins, visions . . . and whole families, even whole villages and tribes being converted literally overnight. That changes things dramatically for those involved--though--again--many suffer martyrdom for merely seeking out a Bible to find out who is this God Jesus they met so miraculously and powerfully and accepted into their hearts so fully. But the total numbers are still much on the minority side of 1.X billion souls.

If you have a solution, I'm eager to cheer it on.

I just grieve for women--often falsely accused . . . and brutally beaten, tortured and gang raped before being horribly murdered. What a horror to endure.

May The Lord God make Himself real to them in their final moments.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well, regardless of personal belief I feel that I can say anything I want about this abhorant practice.

Honour killings are a disgrace in this day and age and every effort should be made to eliminate the custom.

Unfortunately it's not really a religious thing but rather a cutural thing.
Not only is this a common practice amongst Muslims in the region but Sikhs, Hindu's and even Buddhists along with other local religions commit honour killings.
It tend's to occur amongst those that come from a certain part of the Middle East comprising areas of Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi, The Gulf States etc and it's also known within parts of China etc.

In fact, it was also pretty common practice in various South American countries until relatively recently.

What we can do is prevent the spread of this practice as people from these regions emigrate throughout the world.

I know there have been quite a few instances here in the UK and those who have been found guilty have been given the severest possible sentences, not that the sentence fits the crime in my opinion but that's another discussion.
Could more be done to discourage and eliminate it?
Probably?
How? I'm not quite sure as it may mean upsetting certain elements with the immigrant communities and that's something our 'leaders' seem very reluctant to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl

Nice glib try.

Christians have NEVER had in their founding documents dozens of verses justifying such actions by any stretch of the imagination.

Sure, evil folks claiming to be "Christian" have rationalized all manner of evils and horrors.

Nevertheless, there has been no foundational justification for it in the founding Christian documents.

That's not the case in Pakistan and elsewhere.

And what evidence is there that Islam is 'getting its act together' in such regards?

They are SPREADING the bloodshed and mayhem--NOT decreasing it!

Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Do you realize how many women are killed by their Husbands in the US anually?

You might want to check if your Glass House is stone proof.

Next Muslim Hating Thread in 5..4..3..2..1..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I just grieve for women--often falsely accused . . . and brutally beaten, tortured and gang raped before being horribly murdered. What a horror to endure.

May The Lord God make Himself real to them in their final moments.

Ironically, it's the fact that Christianity does not guarantee such victims instant salvation, that led me to abandon a lifelong faith in said belief system.

You can sit around and pontificate on how horrible this is from your safety and security, but are you willing to make it personal?

My thinking on the matter went like this... "if the God I profess to believe in would actually allow even a single one of these relatively innocent women to go to hell, then I've had enough of believing in such a hypocritically 'loving' God and am going to instead throw in my lot with the "heathen" innocents."

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'm aware of the other cultural examples.

However,

the percentages and numbers involved are

VASTLY DIFFERENT.

Even the Hindu's don't approach the Muslim numbers.

And I'm not aware of any Hindu founding documents justifying such as is the case in Islam.

I'm not aware of the percentages of Hindu leaders agitating for such actions as is the case in Islam.

link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Do you realize how many women are killed by their Husbands in the US anually?

You might want to check if your Glass House is stone proof.

Next Muslim Hating Thread in 5..4..3..2..1..

Seriously? Except in the United States killing your wive/daughter/sister is a CRIME and you go to JAIL. In Pakistan it's allowed and considered honorable.

link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Those religiously hell bent,warped and high strung (tending to be very nervous and easily excited) muslim men sure have designed one hell of a fabricated religion for themselves,all in the name of their supposedly real god allah,just to ensure their continuing control and domination and murder of their women...S+F for exposing this evil issue...

edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Soooooooo

please

tell us what percentage of the husbands killing wives in the USA

do so

AS A FUNCTION OF A RELIGIOUS PISQUE?

What percentage of them are convinced that Almighty God smiles on them for their bloody murderous mayhem?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

that just makes me sick. I'm simply outraged that in a today's world somebody can actually be stoned to death for having an affair. And by somebody...I mean women.

No religious "rights" or traditions can excuse such cromagnon actions. It's like we're back in fu***** stone age.

Exterminate all brutes....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Christians have NEVER had in their founding documents dozens of verses justifying such actions by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh really?

skepticsannotatedbible.com...

A few choice selections:

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Ye shall keep the sabbath ... every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death.-

And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death.
(oddly this actually occurred in the Bible but the punishment was not inflicted)

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.-

And my favorite thing in the entire Bible....

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It's not a doctrine I'd per se advocate in seminary . . .

however, my personal belief is that we do NOT KNOW

what business God transacts with folks at their moment of death.

I believe that

ALMIGHTY GOD MEANT IT

WHEN HE SAID

HE THAT EARNESTLY GENUINELY SEEKS ME--SHALL FIND ME.

He looks on the heart.

Roland Buck wrote a book:

ANGELS ON ASSIGNMENT and he noted in there that he'd learned a thing or two on that issue that shocked him.

I do NOT think that folks are wise to think that they will all have a 2nd chance at death . . .

I do think that many with hearts truly seeking God may find Him at their moment of death.

Another classic book about SAMUEL MORRIS--THE MARCH OF FAITH

documents a somewhat similar case of an African Chief's son around 1900--tortured within an inch of his life . . . freed and energized from being near death . . . led through the jungle by a light and a voice for 2 weeks . . . to a walled mission compound where the voice said: "In there you will learn of me."

Sammy could merely--in a hidden hallway--cross the threshold of a side door of a large auditorium where he was to speak and hundreds of people would run screaming to the front repenting of their sins and asking Jesus to come into their hearts.

He died in his early 20's after several short years of incredible spiritual influence and miraculous power.

Evidently . . . his heart was ready to find God and God met him even at his point of near death.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yeah, I understand that.

But to be fair there are areas in the world where Islam is by far the dominant religion and honour killings are unheard of.

So does this suggest that it's the culture that underpins the religion or the religion itself that is the root cause?
I'm not sure, I'm certainly no expert.

Was it a common practice before Islam gained control of the region?

I suspect that maybe people use religious teachings to support the cultural concept that serious dishonouring of the family should be punished by death etc..
If that's true then as Islam is an all consuming religion the bounderies between culture and religion are blurred and these killings become accepted and even expected.
But where there wasn't a culture of honour killings local Islamic teachers and customs do not advocate honour killings.

And even in the other religious groups it does seem to be those who have a deep sense of cultural identity who commit these killings.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud and could easily be talking complete bollocks.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by BO XIAN

Those religiously hell bent,warped and high strung (tending to be very nervous and easily excited) muslim men sure have designed one hell of a fabricated religion for themselves,all in the name of their supposedly real god allah,just to ensure their continuing control and domination and murder of their women...S+F for exposing this evil issue...

edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

INDEED.

I think a study of the origins of Islam is very . . . informative on such issues and factors.

The founding leader was evidently convinced by his relatives and cohorts that

conquest and wealth were

MOST ACCESSIBLE AND ACHIEVABLE

VIA A RELIGION.

And . . . lo and behold, the demonic moon god tribal religion of the area was quite malleable toward such ends.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
if everyone in the world did honour killings then this world would be a much better place, because then we wont have to listen to people like lady gaga or paris hilton or any of them for that matter, this group of women have destroyed a generation of children. in 10-20 years you will all discover the impact of the corrupt media

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Sigh . . . we have to avoid becoming brutes to deal with the brutes.

Dr Phil Zimbardo of the prison experiments fame . . .

noted in a preface to one of his Intro to Psych texts that

(my paraphrase but pretty close to verbatim):

If the monsters are OUT THERE, it's not a big problem. There aren't many of them. We can gang-up on them.

If the monster is within each one of us . . . that's a much bigger problem.

And the only solution I've ever found to the monster within each human . . .

is the Cross and the Blood of Jesus chosen to be applied thereto . . . and earnestly walked out in a dialogue and RELATIONSHIP (NOT a Religion) with Him.

But yeah, the outrage is palpable and understandably so, imho.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Rant on.

There's still no viable comparison.

Evidently the New Testament is missing from your library?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join