It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Homeland Security Tracking Visitors Across Alternative News & Prepper Web Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

If there ever existed individuals and groups that threatened the status quo it’s now, and they can often be found congregating at alternative news web sites, forums and preparedness oriented online communities. Government officials at the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have done everything in their power to marginalize their dangerous ideas and activities going so far as to even issue security bulletins to private businesses like banks, surplus stores, coffee shops and other retailers outlining what employees should look for and when to say something to law enforcement officials.

Activities like putting a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car, paying cash, buying gold, stocking up on food, promoting “anti-U.S.” and “radical theologies,” and demanding personal privacy are all now considered to be suspicious in the eyes of a government hell bent on destroying the Constitution.

A recent report from well known survival author James Rawles suggests that Preparedness oriented web sites are a prime target of government snooping and sniffing. A web site like Rawles’ Survival Blog, or even our very own SHTFplan, undoubtedly meets all of the criteria outlined in the multitude of security bulletins issued by DHS and FBI, thus it would only make sense that these types of communities would be primary destinations for government monitoring. In the case of Survival Blog, Rawles reports that a recent analysis of his logs by web forensic experts yielded some startling results:

Source: www.shtfplan.com...

You'll have to go to the main story to read the results.......
And, you'll want to go to the story to read the result.

If ATS doesn't or hasn't done so already... lets have the logs checked to see how many times, if any, the FBI or other such type agency has been checking in. I think it is a necessity and a right of membership. IMO>

Anyway, spooky. I wish they would look into Obama and his crew with as much scrunity......

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well Home land of deceptions can kiss my big Latino arse for what I care, they better be very afraid because one day they will have to make a decision and take sides when Americas hard working tax payer raise against the oppression that is taking over this nation.

A corporate dictatorship will never work.

Eventually the power of the people will prevail, we know that Americas government is nothing but big joke and covering up for the most corrupted entity in the world right now and the people are taking notice.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If they are afraid of me then I am pleased. They are only keeping track of us because they know damn well they are being identified as disgusting and abhorrent individuals.

They are also monitoring here, if you want to send a message to the CIA/FBI/MI6 or any other criminal organisation just post it on ATS or another conspiracy forum and they will be sure to read it

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It's rational they would do this. From a counter terrorism perspective it even makes substantial sense.

I get it...and while I'm not thrilled about it, I see the compelling argument why they might do it.

What really scares the crap out of me, though, is I have no faith that wrong judgements wont be made and that innocent people will dragged into a world of false accusations and lives needlessly impacted or even ruined.

Frankly, that notion alone has had me on more than one occasion to consider whether it's wise to post or even frequent these boards.

I'm not worried about their search for the simple 'crazies' who pose a colorable threat to others. But let's be clear, REAL terrorists are very unlikely to be obvious in their criminal intentions on such boards.

So you have to ask what effectiveness does this practice really have with regard to the 'professional' nutcases?

Who protects us from the 'crazies' in government in search of the 'crazies' out there?

What a nasty world we have built for ourselves.

edit on 22-3-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Professional terrorist will stay the heck away from any social media or will be very careful of what they post, what homeland of deception is doing is tracking regular upset and angry citizens that could become the real danger to the status quo.

Nothing worst that seniors against the government or veterans against the government or angry at the government and its dealing.

That is the real danger to the powers behind the government, because this groups have a lot of influence on the population.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by anon72

Eventually the power of the people will prevail, we know that Americas government is nothing but big joke and covering up for the most corrupted entity in the world right now and the people are taking notice.

This reminds me of the Ants/bugs life (not sure which) movie where the grasshopper tells the others that the ants outnumber them 100 to 1 and they need to let them not figure that out.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
To be honest, seeing how far off reality a lot of you are, this is much needed. Just take a look at the most recent posts, most people posting are just off their blinking minds. So much disinfo and cognitive dissonance, it carries certain risks.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I'm with you on this point, of course we have been monitored, i'd be more suprised if we hadn't but f%^k 'em

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for bringing this forward.

Here's a bit about the Utah Data Center:
www.rt.com...

The biggest-ever data complex, to be completed in Utah in 2013, may take American citizens into a completely new reality where their emails, phone calls, online shopping lists and virtually entire lives will be stored and reviewed.

publicintelligence.net...

The Utah Data Center (UDC) will be a highly secure 65 Mega Watt, Tier III National Security Agency datacenter facility to be located near Camp Williams, Utah. The fast-track program will consist of approximately 1 million square feet of new facilities, of which 100,000 ft2 will be mission-critical space with raised flooring, and the other 900,000 ft2 will be devoted to technical support and administrative space. Ancillary support facilities include water treatment facilities, electrical substations, a vehicle inspection facility and visitor control center, perimeter site security measures, fuel storage, chiller plants and fire suppression systems. The UDC will incorporate green building strategies and will be required to be a LEED certified facility, with the goal of obtaining a LEED Silver rating. 1

The construction of the facility has been broken into three phases.

Please visit the following link. It specifies at the top of the article that it can't be quoted or copied and pasted.
"Utah's NSA spy center will house data, not analysts"
www.ksl.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Is not only in Utah they have been building and operating this type of facilities pay by tax payer money all over to work against us but run by private interest.

As usual it is the power of the corporate dictatorship behind the spying of regular citizens, as usual profits are the most important agenda behind the spying killing two birds with one shot, benefit the government and private interest.

edit on 22-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
CIFA: Spying on American Citizens continues under eGardian

CIFA was alleged to have been shut down in September of 2007.

But the clamp down on American civil liberties and the collection of information continued to be obtained and sent to Fusion Centers around the country. Now with CIFA database that was saved being revived in June 2010 under the despotic eye of the Obama administration with a new name, “eGuardian” we can only sit back and watch as we are all subject to proving we are innocent. Just check this MIAC FUSION CENTER report if you think this is all overblown.

yourdaddy.net...

Something that started by the government is now upgraded and run by private interest

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Is not only in Utah they have been building and operating this type of facilities pay by tax payer money all over to work against us but run by private interest.

Yes, that's right. I was just posting more info about the Utah Data Center because the Op's article mentions it and I just wanted to throw a bit more light upon it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

That whole place is creepy also. And, I feel, Unconstitutional. But, it will take years and some violence most likely before we truely have free speech-again.

Sad times are falling on the USA and World.. all under the belief/lie that everything is being done for our own good and safety.

I thing everything is being done to protect their safety and own good-the PTB/NWO/World Elites/Gov't's and the alike.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well I happen to belong to the angry veteran group another poster spoke of. All I have to say to TPTB or their little minions doing the monitoring is, TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I have to agree with you.

The more I think about it, it seems to me the Gov't is becoming very suspect of it's citizens. I believe because they know they are up to no good and breaking the law.

But, that's just little old me...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

No only that, they corporate dictatorship wants nothing more than manipulate the population into what they want, buy their crap, eat their poison and take their killer drugs all without questioning about anything.

And yes they know they are the traitors, the corrupted ones, that is why their dirty money prop the right whores in congress to do their will, pass their laws and force the people to obey.

It seems that for the past decade the presidents we have are becoming the most dangerous because they follow blindly what they are told to do.

Bush did his crap openly Obama does it behind close doors and boy he has done plenty already, specially when it comes to spying he comes at the top.

But as usual apologist blame it on Obama been a minority president that needs to have stronger security due to that fact, "people hates him" is the propaganda.

The reality is that the reason he was put in the presidential seat by the those that works behind the government was to make sure more security is worked out against the population in the nation.

Many doesn't even get it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ah the great American Gestapo hard at work. Meanwhile, drugs are rampant, crime is up, our national debt rises by leaps and bounds, and our borders are still unsecured...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Yes but we got billions invested to build more security buildings where data will be processed on top of the ones that were build under the Bush administration.

Obama have revived the spying network domestically, first he wanted the population to be the snitches but that didn't work.

Well lets consider that the US Senate has just passed s1867 the NDAA bill for 2011 that includes laungage that will all the military to detain civilians without any right to a lawyer and no court hearing held and no judge will see you. In April 2011 the “Government Printing Office” issued a request for companies to bid on a new US Citizen Detainee handbook. Some 300+ thousand of them. In November Halliburton via KBR has issued a request to subcontractors to bid on offering Internment Camp Services in the united states.

Don't you love when the corporate dictatorship already is planing on the profiting of the laws they help create.

Fusion Centers and JTTFs
The U.S. military is also involved in intelligence activities conducted through FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces (JTTFs) and state and local intelligence fusion centers. For example, DoD is involved in a nationwide FBI investigation that targets returning Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans to determine if they have become right-wing extremists. DoD’s role in this investigation is likely being coordinated through JTTFs. And though DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano reportedly told the New York Times ”that fusion centers were not intended to have a military presence, and that she was not aware of ones that did,” National Guard troops are present in many fusion centers; indeed, the ACLU documented U.S. Army presence at a Maryland fusion center in 2007. Moreover, in 2009 DHS announced it was giving state and local fusion centers access to classified military intelligence in DoD databases.

Let see also What the DOD have under their sleeves.

DoD codifies use of eGuardian as SAR system
November 21, 2011 — 9:57am ET | By David Perera

The Defense Department released Nov. 1 2011 a new instruction further codifying an FBI system known as eGuardian as its system for the reporting and storage of suspicious activity reports.

The DoD already announced in May 2010 that it had selected eGuardian as a SAR system after it canceled development in August 2007 of a similar system called Threat and Location Observation Notice (TALON).

The new directive, 2000.26, says Defense law enforcement agencies may store SARs for up to 5 years in eGuardian, even if the people or activity described has no clear link to terrorism but provides information that “cannot be discounted.”

DoD components must implement policy to ensure that only law enforcement personnel and analysts have access to eGuardian, the policy also states.

yourdaddy.net...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just automaticaly assume that everything i do Internet-related, on my pc or cell,might be monitored.Every email and text both international and in-country,and every phone call made or received.If one realy want to avoid scrutiny,you definitely have to avoid the Net.Nah,im not let them narrow down my life like that.Without the Net most people would be completely clueless about what's Realy going on in the world,one certainly cannot expect to learn much from TV,except about nature,animals and a bit of science.So,its a chance one has to take.

new topics

top topics

join