It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lennon's killer in line for parole (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The man who shot dead John Lennon, Mark Chapman, is eligible for parole next month and will face a Parole Board hearing to determine if he should be released. However, Robert Gangi, of the Correctional Association of New York, doubts Chapman will be released saying "People like Chapman who committed high-profile violent crimes will never see the light of day as long as the crime is present in our memories,"

icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk
Chapman, 49, was denied parole in 2002 on the ground that it would undermine the seriousness of his crime. Chapman was sentenced to 20 years to life in prison after shooting Lennon in the back as the singer returned to his apartment building, near Central Park, on December 8, 1980.

Chapman said voices in his head told him to shoot Lennon after approaching him and asking for an autograph.

In a rare interview 14 years ago, Chapman said: "It was an end of innocence for that time. I regret being the one that ended it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't think it's very likely that he'll be released. The reasons not just being his crime, but that he wouldn't stand a chance on the streets with the millions of Lennon fans all over the world that I bet are just baying for his blood.

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
news.scotsman.com
breakingnews.iol.ie

new topics

join