It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitley Strieber Interview in Cemetery Dance Magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Before he was the world's most famous alien abductee, Whitley Strieber was known for his horror fiction, which he still produces to this day. The latest issue of Cemetery Dance, the premiere journal for horror and dark fiction, has an interview with Strieber, wherein he says some interesting things about his non-fiction work...

CD: You have also carved out a very successful career writing non-fiction. What category do you prefer? And why?

WS: I am a novelist. I wrote the other books because I was too honest not to, but their existence has ruined my life.

Later...

CD: Of all the things you've written, what is your favorite and why?

WS: I love all my work and am proud of it. Catmagic was the most fun to write. Communion the most foolish to publish.

I enjoy his candor. He seems rather conflicted about his non-fiction work, proud of something he did that was foolish and ruined his life. Certainly he can't mean financially; Communion and related works brought him a whole new readership and wealth, being arguably his most popular work and most well-known book about alien abduction. However, on a professional level, I can understand. His non-fiction work has overshadowed his first-love, fiction, to the point that first-love is all but forgotten by the general public.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
Before he was the world's most famous alien abductee, Whitley Strieber was known for his horror fiction, which he still produces to this day. The latest issue of Cemetery Dance, the premiere journal for horror and dark fiction, has an interview with Strieber, wherein he says some interesting things about his non-fiction work...
snip
I enjoy his candor. He seems rather conflicted about his non-fiction work, proud of something he did that was foolish and ruined his life. Certainly he can't mean financially; Communion and related works brought him a whole new readership and wealth, being arguably his most popular work and most well-known book about alien abduction. However, on a professional level, I can understand. His non-fiction work has overshadowed his first-love, fiction, to the point that first-love is all but forgotten by the general public.

I do not for one second accept tales of alien abductions and I never accept Whitley's alleged tales of such. He is a fiction novelist and that's it. Everything he has written has been created by his mind with his wife's assistance. Whitley is an avowed catholic exemplified in his book's title "COMMUNION" which is a catholic ritual. If he had really been abducted by aliens he would not have continued being a catholic, he would have changed instantly!

He should collaborate with Dan Brown for a real "ALIEN CODE"!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Preach on Brother! :

Strieber is ilk of the highest hazmat ratings.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

why would you stop being catholic because you were abducted by aliens. would you be stop being catholic if you were abducted by the mexican cartel.

if aliens exist, they are just another creation of God. we aren't even the only species on earth, what makes you think we are the only species in the universe.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

why would you stop being catholic because you were abducted by aliens. would you be stop being catholic if you were abducted by the mexican cartel.

if aliens exist, they are just another creation of God. we aren't even the only species on earth, what makes you think we are the only species in the universe.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I do not for one second accept tales of alien abductions and I never accept Whitley's alleged tales of such.

I agree with you that Strieber was not abducted (as I think it a purely psychological phenomenon), though I think he is sincere in his beliefs that he is. I posted this because that it would be of interest to members here, not as an endorsement of his beliefs.

As to whether he would forsake his Catholicism if he met an alien; as that is a situation no human has yet to be put in (insofar as I believe) we cannot say what condition their religious faith would be in afterwards.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by The Shrike
I do not for one second accept tales of alien abductions and I never accept Whitley's alleged tales of such.

I agree with you that Strieber was not abducted (as I think it a purely psychological phenomenon), though I think he is sincere in his beliefs that he is. I posted this because that it would be of interest to members here, not as an endorsement of his beliefs.

As to whether he would forsake his Catholicism if he met an alien; as that is a situation no human has yet to be put in (insofar as I believe) we cannot say what condition their religious faith would be in afterwards.

He addresses his Catholicism here www.unknowncountry.com...

"As I join in the celebration of the season, though, there will return to mind knowledge of how many Gods men have loved and love now. Why is Christ any more true than Krishna, or Mary than Kali?"

So, no, he is Catholic in ritual and name only. Despite these things taking on various forms, lying, deceiving, telling him contradictory information, scaring him, enthralling him - he does not see that they completely and utterly fail the test given to Christians in scripture. And in fact, his faith in Christ Jesus is zero as seen in his quote above. They have accomplished their purpose - destroyed not only his belief but that of millions of others who have bought their lies as well. Whitley's books are just the doctrines of demons that chase the woman like a flood per Revelation.

In his latest interviews, he's now changed his view yet again - they are not "aliens" but rather the unseen spiritual world trying to come into our physical world. Sadly, he's partly right, but because of his rejection of Christ Jesus, he sits in the darkness believing everything that they impart to him. I understand that non-Christians won't believe what I write, but thought it pertinent to the discussion. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

There is no difference in believing the idiotic stories of Whitley are even remotely real or believing that all the crap floating around our orbiting spacecraft that people see videos of is anything other than standard debris and ice.

On one hand we have a demonstrated fiction author making up obvious stories, on the other hand we have folks that see things they don't understand and strive to assign the least likely (but most exciting) explanation for them.

Why don't you give old Whitley the benefit of a doubt? How is giving him the benefit of a doubt any harder than ignoring common sense, reason and logic when it comes to NASA videos clearly showing ice, paint chips, and associated craft debris?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Strieber is quite a unique case. I spent many years studying his work. He seems to be a pathological liar - but where the lies are stories. You could ask him if it's raining outside and he'd be able to tell you. But get him on any Woo topic where he can insert himself into the narrative - it's off to the races.

top topics

join