It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glos Serca "Voice of the heart" (Unknown Secretive Society publication?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This tiny book came into my possession along with
My family Heirloom Black Madonna.
in my fathers estate in 11/17/2007.

Until recent curinousness I looked into some of my fathers books and found this gem. little or nothing can
be said about the "Glos Serca" Online Do a search by all means. I come up with zilch and after basic
translations I come up with Serca meaning "Heart" and glos meaning "the Voice" Thus "Voice of the Heart".
As a student of many ideaologies and concept's of what religeon is and what it is not, I look for crossroads
and such.

Why? I need answers and so do you. The more i been thinking about how my mother and fathers life was
so esoteric doing electronics for Boeing vertol Division from '61 to '69 in New Jersey where I was born on 12-21-1964
My father retired as a postal worker, became political and one elections in several counties through his career.

My Father was also a Grand Knight of the Knights of columbus in his own chapter. My mothers Father was a Irish gran Mason.
I can proove My Father but no more can proove my grandfather of be mason in this post.Of these would be Fl**n of Flavious (rome).
I will not give my Fathers name in this post. I can't sorry. but i can give you something obscure and unseen before. I am hoping to find a polish to english translator but on ATS? I sure hope so. Goal here is to have page photo's interpeted.

Hmm is ATS up to this?

Info on the book. It's measurments are 125mm X 80mm X 20mm and weight is uncertain ? probably 1/4 to 1/2 pounds. The book is bound in black leather with gold embellishments adourning the title "Glos Serca" written in cursive Polish on the cover and each of the 519 pages are also each gold edged and Totally of the 1926 era of to which this book was created. On the case is a glued on label Glos Serca B 720

These are indeed dark times. Crash of wallstreet, great depression. Before H.P.Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu? Or is this just a fancy right after the Aleister Crowley period in this same era? Who knows right?

Here is the Glos Serca.And with my interpetation of what it is or what it is not. This is the 1st pic of the cover and box package.All images from here forward are scanned personally by me, except for this illustration of the cover which is a original photo seen here on ATS first.

As we open the book to pages I & II we find these clues.
* Title
* Author, co-author or tributes
* Storyline
* Published by
* Country of origin (made in belgium)
* Possibly rare portrait of Jesus.

Pages III and IV Idenify the following.
* Date of seal r.(revision 1890)
* Date of creation (january,28 1926)
* Some kind of key to dates of the years 1940-51
* Key to chart

Page V consists of a list of polish names for VII pages and is called The "Kalendarz"
* 7 pages of names

Then at the end of the names must be what I interpet to be the start of the story. I have no way of interpeting this story but by posting the text photo's and hope somebody can read in possible Polish?

After 518 pages there are these ending pages.

edit on 22-3-2012 by proob4 because: Added more content

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I speak polish, can translate it for you.
The part "Kalendarz" is a calendar. Those names are so called "name days". Basically every person celebrates his name on a specific day, this is list of those days (for example 1st Dec is Adam's and Eve's nameday). Not in here though, some days correspond with today's tradition, but not all of them. 31st december is Sylvester's nameday, thats correct though.

I will look into it further after I come back from work.
Very interesting publication, could be worth good few dimes.
edit on 22-3-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
As a major reader to H.P. Lovecraft and writeres of the such, let me be the first to warn you that this is almost how those stories always start. Someone in the family leaves them a strange heirloom or multiple of them and then they feel something draw them towards it so thy learn more and more till the truth is reveiled and seldom is it pleasant. So, take this as a warning don't go looking for something unless you plan on finding it...Sorry can't help you more gave a s+f in hopes of helping you find someone and for posting some good stuff anyone know what language that is?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hello. I was able to find a closed ebay auction for a similar book. ow.ly...
It seems to be a Polish Catholic missal from the 1940's. There may be some esoteric christian knowledge in it.
I do not know. I was not able to find any information on the contents or a translation. I hope that I have been of some assistance.

Regardless, it is a beautiful example of an antique Polish Catholic missal. I would treasure such a book; especially if it was passed down from my father.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Hi. The picture is a standard old circulated picture of the Sacred Heart. The book does look like a missal. Is there latin further on inside? The imprematur page means that it has the church's seal of approval, so it probably was standard fare. The calendar tells you which saint's feast was celebrated on that day. If in doubt I would take to the nearest Catholic church to have someone identify it for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Im afraid you can keep it just as a memorabilia. Its not worth much I think
Link

Came up in archives on some auction sites and few german antiquaries.
Its actually exact reprint of another earlier missal.

I was published under strict regulations from Catholic Church, so you wont find anything revolutionary there.

Cool thing to keep though

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Your reply posts provided no clue or help in your links? Seems like you are posting nonsense links just to maybe derail this thread?
edit on 23-3-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

That sounds like a idea, dont have tranportation and the nearest Catholic church is too far for me to walk. What I would like is a good link to a missal with pics so I might compare?
edit on 23-3-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

If you look up Sacred Heart Society in Google, you will see lots of links for the order of nuns and as well as religious Societies that all seem to be linked to women. This has the potential of being a fun family mystery, such as finding out if you have a Polish female relative. (geneology)

If you can find titles of sections inside the book, you can translate them online from Polish into English, and from there look up the definition of that word to see if it is part of the mass. If it is, then you probably have yourself a missal. Now depending on the year it was printed, (the mass went from Latin to national language in the 60s (?) or so) the contents would be in Latin if it's a missal, or Polish. There should be a table of contents near the front. If you can translate that, you should be well on your way. The older missals had a trove of things in them, such as hymns, movable feasts (Easter, Pentecost) explanations of this or that. Enjoy the experience of the search. Have you any idea why your father kept it, like could it have belonged to his grandmother or hismother-in-law's family?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

It very well could be my grandmothers then. My father did take care of her in his home till she died.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

What help, what are you trying to achieve? I gave u link with this publication. Its just catholic missal.
The difference between us is, that I actually can read what is written there, not just drool over pictures and fonts.

So beat it, tried to help you, and you saying im derailing your thread. Sheeesh.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Sorry I got off base with you? Clearly you can see I know very little about this. "Deny ignorance" I am starting to remember somethings and have been though others posts. Such as te realization that this was my Grandmothers not my fathers. And that this kinda book might be a "Missal" Which I do not know. I also have some other books that I would like to know more about.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

on the 1 page it says collection of prayers and church songs the second picture shows christian holidays on the page v its a calendar with names .probably namedays for every day the page 518 is leaflet

new topics

top topics

join