It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but String Theory is a completely theoretical model, a series of equations that were invented by mathematicians. The universe didn't create String Theory (lol) humans did. These theories that physicists create are APPROXIMTIONS of reality - they are mostly-successful descriptions of observable phenomena.

The fact that certain anomalies were found within String Theory just means that the authors put them there, knowingly or otherwise! It's still bizarre, but I'm sorry to say, this has absolutely nothing to do with the reality we inhabit. At least there is no reason to, not until String Theory can be shown to be a viable hypothesis, but so far it remains ad hoc and untestable, i.e. Not a true scientific theory.
edit on 4720139 2013f 405Thursday by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

You need to read the thread. There's more to this.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

This is what Taoists and Buddhists and othe r'Mystics' have been saying for ages.
But it's not a computer. If thinking about it as a computer or like the Matrix helps you toward more closely understanding it, then that's great. But don't get stuck there, in thinking technological. It's not about matter or photons or superstrings, it's deeper and beyond all that. It's Consciousness itself.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by Ajax84

This is what Taoists and Buddhists and othe r'Mystics' have been saying for ages.
But it's not a computer. If thinking about it as a computer or like the Matrix helps you toward more closely understanding it, then that's great. But don't get stuck there, in thinking technological. It's not about matter or photons or superstrings, it's deeper and beyond all that. It's Consciousness itself.

I agree. It feels like we are "in" something, a part of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I don't know, if the greys are generated for observing us, what purpose would that serve? I mean if and BIG IF here, there is a mega-super computer or device of some sort running a simulation, wouldn't the software have logging functions and debug outputs and so on to track objects of interest, maybe when people have a near-death experience I could equate that to a code breakpoint having been set/reached and finally after inspection of the object (person) the breakpoint is cleared and the object continues its run. Also, if the computer can generate the greys and insert them into our virtual universe, why would they have to abduct and probe people to get the info about the human objects when the computer or entity running it could just query the stats directly.

I just can't put the idea into the believable box, yet!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionsEverything

Hey, that's my line...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I did, and 99% of what I read are people commenting without understanding the fundamentals of what a scientific theory is, and what it isn't.

Superstring theory is a THEORY. It's not even a scientific hypothesis, because it can't be reasonably tested, and thus confirmed/refuted. But that aside - let's come back to the fact that this is a theoretical model they are talking about. That's what superstring is, it's a human-created model to explain some fundamental quantum processes. There's a thousand other theoretical models too which purport to do this, and without being able to test them, they all remain just models.

The fact that some kind of code was found in one of those thousands of models should tell you that whomever created those particular equations of superstring theory used some of the same principles as whichever computer scientist invented those self-correcting algorithms of code. It's cool, but when you make it something it's not, it sours those aspects which are genuinely interesting.

Maybe I'm just not doing a good job of explaining it...
edit on 2920139 2013f 448Thursday by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Why do so many 'smart' physicists believe there is something to string theory?

If we have somewhat of a macro idea about the universe, and ever better and better micro ideas. Is it not conceivable that from the knowledge we already have, we can use to deduce further truths? If there are further truths to fundamental reality beyond atoms and sub atomic particles and fields, and these things are described by math and geometry, can this be postulated and trial and errored further and further, to try and come upon potentially true world views, and is it possible one of those world views is truth? If physicists thought that current knowledge and explanations were sufficient noone would have ever started on string theory right?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

Space engine is a program that originates out of Russia, it is a simulation of the ENTIRE universe, with 400 QUADRILLION stars, planets, nebulae, galaxies and black holes. I have run it, and it is STUNNINGLY vast. If we are achieving this in 2013, what will we achieve when computer power is billions of times what it is now?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Why are so many interested in String Theory? That's a good question... Sitting here thinking about it I really can't come up with a good answer. But I think whatever it is, it's the same reason why bizarre theories like Dark Matter, Dark Energy, HyperInflation, which are equally "ad hoc" and quite unscientific in many respects, have also been promoted.

Academia is all about Big Money funneling through institutions. The money directs the course of scientific research, not vice versa. So whatever Big Money motive is responsible for promoting irresponsible science, is what must be found. Maybe it's all just mindless disorganization, a sort of snowball effect where a random idea just kept feeding off its own momentum?

But there's another problem here - even if String Theory turned out to be a wild success, it's still just a theory - an approximation of reality. And that theory is, at the end of the day, invented by man. So a man put that code there, ANY way you look at it! With those two bits now understood, there's not much left here to really get excited about, except if you're a computer programmer or something.

Maybe the best way to understand this, is that mathematics and physics create MODELS. That's it, that's ALL they do. The "atoms" that comprise the "molecules" of your body, the "electrons" which cloud around those "atomic nuclei", the notation of pi and phi... ALL of these are constructs - they don't actually exist, they merely serve to approximate reality, to describe it. Put another way, there is something in raw reality causing observable phenomena which, according to clever and enterprising people, can be best understood by assigning specific titles and qualities to these phenomena.

You'd be very, very surprised how often even "smart physicists" forget these principles. Or maybe they don't forget them, they just try extraordinarily hard to ignore them. Fortean fallacies, if you will.
edit on 5320139 2013f 421Thursday by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Do you have any scientific credentials?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Shirak
Thanks for the share just finished watching researching the literature now from the teaser this is fascinating. I have noticed some "matrix hacks myself"
edit on 21-3-2012 by Shirak because: add link

Intention seems to have an effect on this underlying code. This is an experiment that I did using crystal growth solution in different containers similar to Maseru Emotos messages in water experiment only these do not melt once formed.
Peace written on container and projected on solution during formation.

Love

Very similar to plant life actually

Hate (Very similar to Maseru Emoto's hate results.

My conclusion is that we are all co creating influencing this reality matrix on a daily basis.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Shirak because: add pics

And the more people you have that believe something the more likely it is to happen...right?
If one person could change the aspects of their reality how much more could a large group if they had a single goal or common cause?
It kinda reminds me of global warming. It seemed for awhile that the more people became aware of it the worse it got.
Then something changed and people started getting turned off to global warming (self correcting?).
It is in the news more and more again, and it seems to be getting worse again.
Just my thoughts. .......
Quad

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Restricted

Do you have any scientific credentials?

I try not to leave any personal information on this website... specifically because it's a conspiracy forum, and I feel that we should be dealing with information and ideas, opposed to talking points and authority (or lackthereof), since the latter tends to hold an undesired influence over free and open discourse.

But if you see an error I made somewhere, I'd honestly be pleased if you could point it out to me. =)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

So you are suggesting it is impossible to truly know and understand reality?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

If that was the case, then the world would have ended last year

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

So, no. Why should anyone believe a word you say?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

They dont have to, however they should want to check those things out for themselves, research and the like.
Blindly believing anything is bad, but ideas should encourage critical research on the part of the individual and thus broaden the knowledge of all.

Check out the various theories and ideas for yourself, but dont just discard them because they disagree with your current point of view. If you still feel the same way afterwards, you can at least articulate why as you now have more knowledge to draw on.

However, just saying something is wrong without even a cursory glance is as bad as blindly believing.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

if we are a computer simulation then what happens if theres a power cut

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It would have to be a universal one, for we're a part of the plasmic screen (David Bohm). Our bodies, not our spirit.

If there was a universal stoppage. We'd all be free. Jail bars lifted. Say to yourself, there's no place like home, there's no play like home, and tap your feet together. Forgive everyone and self and believe there are far more positive ways to learn and grow than hellzones or near hellzones, and fly free out of this entire dimension back home.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

Of course these are all just theories. Of course we use human terms to explain our universe. How else would we do it?

No one's theory about what is going is "most valid". The fact is that we don't know and anyone who tries to be an expert on what exactly our world is only makes himself look the fool.

I don't claim to know what is going on and I don't think other laymen should speak as if they do either. It's deceptive.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join