It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade Professional (RE: Ancient Monuments): "I can not build even one wall. Here's a theory."

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by berserkedfrenzy
Wow! So much precision here...

I major in Mathematics, and I can completely understand your topic on precision very well. There needs to be more people like you, having this kind of approach to the topic of Ancient Alien/Astronauts! I applaud you for a meticulously done topic, and hope to see more in the future.
Stars and Flag for you!

On a side note: I would have to say that cycles may not happen about 33 times, but it IS plausible that history has repeated itself. The real question is, how many times has it repeated itself assuming it does. We have seen that history does repeat itself one too many times. We have only seen the rise and the fall of civilizations, but we have not seen the rise and the fall of man (minus TPTB?). Interesting stuff!

If that were true and there was a civilization equal to or more advanced than what we have today it would seem that we would be able to find some artifacts that would lead one to believe that did happen. Up until now we only find crude impliments and building structures.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

The structures themselves are testament to advanced knowledge. I'm here to give a theory, not do your homework for you. Research the sites referenced in the opening post.

Megalithic structures consisting of mega-ton components... proportioned, structured, and configured according to advanced mathematical formulae, advanced cosmological knowledge, and precision. Megalithic structures are submerged underneath water, on land that hasn't been dry since the last ice age.

Who built these things?

• Aliens? Where are their ships and fossils?
• Our Stone Age and Bronze Age ancestors? That era tooling can't get the job done. And why have we been playing catch up with their understandings during the last few centuries?

We have human fossils. According to global DNA analysis, there are several points in our history where the gene pool shrank to such an extent that we nearly became extinct.

The ancients weren't mysterious, special, or assisted. They developed advanced knowledge, but that doesn't mean they applied it like we have. They nearly became extinct as shown in our genome, and they had to start over. People have hidden this knowledge from us. It makes more sense than anything else to me.

edit on 3/30/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

First I want to thank you for a great post. I absolutely disagree with your main premise that our society has been wiped out and restarted over and over again. My main issue is that the dinosaurs have been extinct for about 65,000,000 years now. They reined on earth for over 120,000,000 years. Modern man has been around for 300-400,000 years. Don't you think that we would find a lot more proof of fossils or at the least some other technologies that have not completely disintegrated being as that plastic alone stays in the environment for 500-1000 years your hypothesis doesn't address this at all. polyethylene doesn't break down at all. Doesn't it makes sense that if your premise was correct we would've found a lot more evidence of things like that which if we had been super advanced in the past would have been preserved in bunkers or within the ice of the last ice age etc.? I don't know that I believe wholeheartedly in the Ancient Alien theory but at this point it seems to me that your premise is categorically flawed even when comparing to the ancient aliens theory. I enjoyed your post but I just disagree. Keep posting it was great.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Megalithic structures are submerged underneath water, on land that hasn't been dry since the last ice age.

No known megalithic structures exist under the ocean.

However, so what if they did?
After all, Stonehenge is a "megalithic structure."

Who built these things?

• Aliens? Where are their ships and fossils?
• Our Stone Age and Bronze Age ancestors? That era tooling can't get the job done.

The fact that you find this incredible is neither here nor there. If you say that the people credited with building these sites didn't do it, then it is your job to show exactly why they were unable to cut and stack stone, after tens of thousands of years of working progressively with nothing but stone, wood and bone.

Harte

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by akaghost

They knew advanced mathematical formulae, cosmology, architecture, engineering, and physics. It is so plain and so obvious in the construction of the ancient sites. Yet we have been playing catch up for centuries! Why?

They knew all of these things that we only figured out during the last few hundred years, but the significance is lost for a lack of petroleum refinement needed to make plastics and this modern world?

The ancients developed advanced knowledge, but they didn't apply it like we have. Even our documented cultures all developed differently and applied knowledge differently.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

• Ability to lift and transport 100 ton stones in mass.
• Ability to quarry, cut, and drill some of the hardest stones on earth in mass.
• Ability to craft according to precision in mass.
• Architecture proportioned and measured according to advanced mathematical formulae.
• Architecture positioned according to advanced cosmological knowledge.
• Arcitecture designed to withstand time, gravity, and seismic activity.

The above are obviously proven facts in the ancient sites listed in the op. Yet we only rediscovered many of the advanced concepts during the last few hundred years?

* The Ancient Egyptian knowledge was lost with the Caesarean Roman conquest.
* Roman knowledge was lost with the burning of the 'Library of Alexandria' by the Roman Caesar.
* European knowledge was lost with the rise of the Roman Papacy.
* Northern and Southern American knowledge was lost by genocide, and the forced lingual and religious conversion by European conquistadors and colonialists.

If there were continuous developments from the ancient monuments, then there would be nothing to debate. However, modern man is playing catch up to the ancients. 'Something' happened. 'Something' is missing.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

• What about the 9,500 year old city submerged 120 feet beneath the waters of the Gulf of Khambhat, India?

• What about the megalithic structures submerged 2,000 feet beneath the waters of Guanahabibes Peninsula, Cuba?

• The latest archeological research indicates that the megaliths submerged beneath the waters of Bimini, Bahamas may in fact be an ancient city.

• The megaliths submerged beneath the waters of Yonaguni, Japan match the design of ancient man-made structures on the coast. Yonaguni has not yet been ruled out as an ancient man-made monument.

If I am wrong, please tell me. I don't want to spread known hoaxes as fact. But I haven't found definitive evidence to rule out these discoveries.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

• What about the 9,500 year old city submerged 120 feet beneath the waters of the Gulf of Khambhat, India?

Simple. No city there. No evidence of a city there. Some ancient pieces of wood, in a bay that drains half the Indian Subcontinent. A few remnants of tubeworm holes dredged up.

Originally posted by Sahabi• What about the megalithic structures submerged 2,000 feet beneath the waters of Guanahabibes Peninsula, Cuba?

You should wait until a structure is actually found there before claiming one exists.

Originally posted by Sahabi• The latest archeological research indicates that the megaliths submerged beneath the waters of Bimini, Bahamas may in fact be an ancient city.

If you mean the latest research of Dr. Greg Little, Doctor of Therapy, and Graduate of the University of Memphis, then, sure, it does so indicate.

Of course, ask any geologist, or read any geologist's paper on the region in any peer-reviewed journal, and you'll find ample (and actual) evidence to the contrary.

Little is funded by the A.R.E., the group founded by Edgar Cayce who predicted that Atlantis would re-appear in the Bahamas area in a specific year (I forget) in the late sixties. When the time came, long after Cayce was gone, the A.R.E. set out to look for it. A small spit of beachrock just out of the surf at Bimini is all they could come up with. Obviously, they had a time limit because if they didn't find it that year, then Cayce's date would have been wrong.

Ya think they have a vested interest here? Sponsoring "Dr." Greg Little?

Originally posted by Sahabi• The megaliths submerged beneath the waters of Yonaguni, Japan match the design of ancient man-made structures on the coast. Yonaguni has not yet been ruled out as an ancient man-made monument.

There's not one megalith there. The entire thing is an outcropping in itself, exactly like the nearby island of Yonaguni Jima is. There is nothing but geomorphology in that underwater natural formation that matches anything at all on the island.

At any rate, it's been determined by Dr. Masaaki Kimura that it sank 2,000 years ago or so, due to tectonic activity. Kimura is the only professional still interested in the site and the one that originally made the "10,000 BC" claim (or whatever it was.) There's a thread here in this section with this in it's title. An old thread.

Originally posted by SahabiIf I am wrong, please tell me. I don't want to spread known hoaxes as fact. But I haven't found definitive evidence to rule out these discoveries.

I've been telling everyone here for years now.

But, so far, I've not had as much luck as I'd like convincing some of the people who believe some of this crap.

Harte

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Megalithic structures consisting of mega-ton components... proportioned, structured, and configured according to advanced mathematical formulae, advanced cosmological knowledge, and precision. Megalithic structures are submerged underneath water, on land that hasn't been dry since the last ice age.

Replace "components" with raw stone work... lots of very basic examples of how they worked raw stone....

"advanced mathematical formulae" Which ones?

"advanced cosmological knowledge" They looked at the sky a lot and found patterns and built raw stone structures based on those observed patterns...Can't say it was super advance, smart maybe...

"Megalithic structures are submerged underneath water" Still doesn't suggest advance more than what is thought of for their time....and still within 10,000 years. We been working raw stone a long time...I agree

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Only about 1% of what the Roman's wrote is known to survived. So probably somewhere they wrote about but it hasn't survived. Now the Roman's also liked cool, weird stuff but for some reason none of the writers thought the Trils made the list.

Well that's an interesting statement about the percentage of surviving Roman documents...how do we know how much didn't survive?
Not saying the figures are incorrect. But if I had, say, only one percent of the pages from War & Peace, I doubt I would be able to figure out how many pages there were supposed to be, in order to calculate that I had only 1%.

The trils are part of a Roman retaining wall that encloses earlier constructions, as its part of that construction it was either quarried and placed by the Romans or possibly reused.

The big stones were never moved, they probably had such a tussle getting the 800 tonners in that they decided against it

No doubt.
Well, whoever it was that put them there, I gotta wonder what the hell they were thinking. I mean, wtf are they so big for?

The only reason I can come up with is longevity. My family home, which was built over the course of 3 years by myself, my brother, and my dad(and some help from uncles), is steel reinforced concrete walls and columns, and travertine tile. Even so, those trils will still be there at Baalbek, in place, long after this house is bits of rust and dust.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi

Because from other writers they noted the volume of works made by Roman authors. That estimate comes from the experts in classical archaeology. About 4% of their inscriptions survived

The only reason I can come up with is longevity. My family home, which was built over the course of 3 years by myself, my brother, and my dad(and some help from uncles), is steel reinforced concrete walls and columns, and travertine tile. Even so, those trils will still be there at Baalbek, in place, long after this house is bits of rust and dust.

It is theorized they were going to go for a classic (huge version) of a three stone altar - never actually did it however the Chinese cut out a 16,000 ton one - oddly they didn't try to move it.

The big one

I think it was punishment work, lol
edit on 31/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

you can't cut stone with wood and bone.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

"After most of the stone-cutting work had been done, it was realized that moving stones that big from Yangshan to Ming Xiaoling, let alone installing them there in a proper way, would not be physically possible, and the project was abandoned."

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

the bottom layers and heaviest stones were part of a landing pad for ancient aliens. I'm not sure if this is where the gold was taken off Earth or if that was done at the Sanai Peninsula, but Gilgamesh journeyed there to join his cousins at the "Land of Tilmun, an Abode of the Gods and a place of the Shems."

'shems' were the space craft

"....From Tilmun the farthest heavens could be reached.

"....From the Landing Place the gods could "scale the skies" of Earth.

"....The gods indeed had two types of craft: the GIRs, the Rocketships that were operated from Tilmud; and what the Sumerians called a MU, a "Sky Chamber." It is a credit to the technology of the Nefilim that the uppermost section of the GIR, the Command Module - what the Egyptians called Ben-Ben could be detached and fly in Earth’s skies as a MU."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

edit on 31-3-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Yeah, I've read all of that stuff too. To me the point here is that the evidence for anything regarding the trils is negligible. All we know for sure is someone put them there. That's it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Yeah, I've read all of that stuff too. To me the point here is that the evidence for anything regarding the trils is negligible. All we know for sure is someone put them there. That's it.

there's little more to it than that. I mean what the heck, somebody was fooling around with some MASSIVE stones and for what- a fertility ritual? The Temple of Jupiter foundation is a smoking gun, it's apparent even the Romans couldn't match the scale of work that was done.

you may be able to pass by the subject with a shrug of the shoulders, but I think it is one of the best proofs we have of advanced beings

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Tsurugi

the bottom layers and heaviest stones were part of a landing pad for ancient aliens. I'm not sure if this is where the gold was taken off Earth or if that was done at the Sanai Peninsula, but Gilgamesh journeyed there to join his cousins at the "Land of Tilmun, an Abode of the Gods and a place of the Shems."

'shems' were the space craft

"....From Tilmun the farthest heavens could be reached.

"....From the Landing Place the gods could "scale the skies" of Earth.

"....The gods indeed had two types of craft: the GIRs, the Rocketships that were operated from Tilmud; and what the Sumerians called a MU, a "Sky Chamber." It is a credit to the technology of the Nefilim that the uppermost section of the GIR, the Command Module - what the Egyptians called Ben-Ben could be detached and fly in Earth’s skies as a MU."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Why do you believe in aliens as a factual thing?

It also seems that Sitchin, or Sitchin like material, is your sole source for your argument. You say things like "The gods indeed had two types of craft" as if there was one sitting on display somewhere. Sitchin speculated from page one, and made up the meaning of ancient text as he felt was needed to fit his views. His book reads like a good novel where he does take basic realties and creates a fantasy world around those realities. I read another book call Abraham Lincoln, the Vampire Killer, and that author did basically the same thing where he took real events and added Vampires. The difference is Sitchin's work is played out as reality and not just a good story that it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You might want to actually re-read Blackmarteers summary of what the report says

I read the report. Why would I need someone's summary of it?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

it answers all the mysteries around the world in a very simple yet elegant fashion. It in no way answers what the frigg is going on with the world today, but it sounds pretty damned plausible as our origins on Earth once you really start connecting all the dots. When I first heard about the Anunnaki and Sitchen I was like "sure, right. they made us for slaves. ok whatever" and as I delved more into the ufo world I kept running into Sitchen's work. Then I read about six or seven of his books and I was like holy crap this explains everything. People can pick apart his work but you know what, it makes a crapload more sense than what we've been told. The truth can be a tough pill to swallow sometimes and you gotta ask yourself why you DON'T believe it. You should at least read what he says in a few of the books, a couple are almost redundant but still packed with information. I don't think anybody can exactly translate every nuance of what the Sumerians were talking about, but even the general strokes are pretty damned amazing. I don't know all the answers like Phage, but overall I think he is wrong for disagreeing with Sitchin's premise.

humans act as though these aliens should treat us as their number one priority but I think it would awesome to the human race if they threw us a bone and allowed us to switch to a free energy civilization and we promise to stay within the solar system

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Harte

you can't cut stone with wood and bone.

Some stone can be cut with bone.

All stone can be shaped (cut) with other stone.

Harte
edit on 4/2/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join