It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade Professional (RE: Ancient Monuments): "I can not build even one wall. Here's a theory."

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Thank you for the laugh my friend

No arguing, simple misunderstanding. I still enjoy your replies. They force me to stay on my toes. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
well i have been reading and commenting on both threads....to see Shadow come in here and say this OP was plagerizing from his thread is ummm...childish.

The OP uses his own experience and training to makes points...and if he could have put together this well thought out thread in the time from when your thread was put out there to when this thread was put out...then he is even more amazing.

I suggest that shadow used modern tech to try to explain the past...where the OP here was using modern tech to say it was not the case as far as we understand it....you see the scenarios are completely open as we do not know what the case is.

Now if they had this high tech sound gear and magnetic knowledge then the historians are completely wrong in their interpretation that they would have only simple tools at their disposal......

so that means they had access to high tech gear.....or they had assistance.....or they were indeed built by off worlders.

now shadow used Ed as a example(coral castle)......so if you go to mark 5:00 guess what a material not of this earth was used......interesting...an alien material to earth.....of course could be meteor

ok now lets go to the mark 7:15

do you hear the story......does that not sound like the Searl machine..

so what do we have here.....high tech stuff used back then by a primitive race......the historians version...simple tools used by ancient race....Or possible off worlders built them.

the Fact is....No one knows.....but as you see....Ed was considered a crackpot......Searl is considered a crackpot......but the people in the know are considered so knowledgeable...that they were built with simple tools....and that...the alignments of these structures to the stars mean nothing....I mean who would you tend to believe.

Now this thread is a completely different dynamic to the sorry no aliens.....as the OP is just basically saying with the knowledge we have today we would struggle to do the things they did in the past.

Where i think the sorry No aliens was a thread to debunk the AA theory being presented in yet another thread about the latest HC show.

edit on 013131p://f44Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

I have seen and heard (in bits and pieces over the years) all of the information before.

I first got interested in these topics decades ago from watching the television show: Arthur C. Clarke's Mysertious World and from listening to good old Art Bell. None of these are "secret" discoveries or theories... they are ignored discoveries and theories.

With our latest findings in the DNA sequences of many different hominids, I figured this was a good time to tie it all together. To remind people of our destroyed advanced past... to expose the destruction and suppression of knowledge... to rebutt the A.A. theory on a premise of a false-flag alien agenda.

I referenced and cited where appropriate. I think this is one hell of a topic to consider.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I too think that a false flag alien attack will be used...as a war is going on...it will be used to consolidate forces...and if you look at suppressed technology....people will discover how far more advanced the military is compared to anything that is offered out in the public domain.....I mean what better way to establish a NWO...then to have a bunch of advanced tech weaponry to be used against us...and to install a new world leader under this guise......Just a thought here......

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Flavian

so what kind of low tech do you suggest could lift a thousand tons? are you saying they had low tech steel cranes or just really big logs?

Don't need to lift anything...just drag, and to put it upright all that was needed was raw rocks, wood and rope.

Ingenious maybe, but not what I would call advance tools..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Stones weighing tens of tons were carried almost 8,000 feet to the tops of the Andean Mountains in Peru. The structures were built without mortar or other bounding agents. Stones weighing tons, stacked and interconnected seamlessly. The advanced architecture of Machu Picchu has survived wind gusts and earthquakes for hundreds of years. It's remarkable really.

There was great knowledge in the Americas. In my opinion, it was destroyed and suppressed by conquistadors, colonists, the papacy, and various missionaries.

It takes one man to move, lift and upright a 10 ton monolith with nothing but rocks, raw wood and rope, so what is so impossible when you have 100s of men?

It comes down to time invested and know how..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Some simple techniques for moving heavy objects.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Man has been on this planet for million and millions of years. It is time to accept the notion and explore the great possibility that we only know a small fraction of our past which is vague beyond 6000 years. If the world history was a library, what we know about our past would take up the space on a one page news letter in the trash.

We are immune to evolution while everything around us is not?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Mankind is not limited to only Homo Sapien Sapien. There is Neanderthal and Denisovan blood running through our veins. If mitochondrial DNA is sequenced from the other non-modern human hominids, I bet we share their gene pools also.

Homo Sapien Sapien is the new kid on the block... he is not the first or only man.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Mankind is not limited to only Homo Sapien Sapien. There is Neanderthal and Denisovan blood running through our veins. If mitochondrial DNA is sequenced from the other non-modern human hominids, I bet we share their gene pools also.

Homo Sapien Sapien is the new kid on the block... he is not the first or only man.

I agree...but some suggest an advance form of man millions of years ago and evolution just doesn't show anything close to that nor is there any evidence. We focus on raw stones being worked and moved and suggest advance tools were used when there are nothing to suggest this either other than people just being lazy in thought as they use aliens or ancient advance races as a quick fix to the problem.

I have said this many times...we are still talking raw stone work, something man has been doing for a very long time. We know that man HAS cut stone, HAS moved stone, HAS built with stone using primitive tools and know how, but we then cherry pick sites and suggest man could not do this at these sites even though he did jut fine at other sites.

Is there any logic in that? If you say man has not EVER built in our past without advance tools from aliens or ancient advance human races then you are true to your belief. If you think man could have built 10% 20% 80% or whatever percent of all these great structures around the would then why could he not have built 100% of them without this extra help?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I figured this was a good time to tie it all together.

You did an excellent job.

I agree with at least 90 - 95% of your theories.

While I feel the idea of a false flag alien attack has obviously been considered.

I also feel that the idea has lost it's maximum possible effectiveness at least for the moment and has been postponed.

It's received too much exposure through the blue beam project and even War of the Worlds. It lacks any long lasting ability to fool the general population.

How long could they carry out an alien attack and wouldn't exposing the advanced technology expose themselves once it was realized to a false alien?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I remember a teacher I had in 6th grade, Mr. Thomas, lol, a very tough, big, scarey black man that always corrected our grammer and made us spit out our gum! He was a great teacher in hindsight, and I learned alot from him.....anyways......want to share a lesson he taught us one day in class that I haven't thought about in a long time.

We come into class one day and he tells us we are going to listen to something, he turns down the lights and plays "War of the Worlds" for us, at the end of broadcast he suddenly yells BOO, lol, we all jump out of our seats,...he then proceeds to give us a lesson on what can happen when you don't question sources of information, and how this fictional "false alien attack" caused widespread panic. It was a brilliant lesson, he was a good teacher.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

You are on a roll of ignorance old fella.

We are all bored with posters that offer nothing new to the table. Try a new approach old feller.

Bored with people presenting evidence, while you speculate without it? I guess you must be! lol
edit on 25/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Our ancient ancestors held great mathematical, cosmological, scientific, and architectural knowledge that we as modern Homo Sapien Sapien are only recently understanding ourselves. If there was nothing spectacular about the ancient megalithic sites (mathematical formulae, cosmological knowledge), why have we been playing catch up for so long?

I'm not saying the ancients were magical, special, or assisted by anyone. They were our normal ancestors, they got wiped out, and we had to start over.

Remember when religion used to prosecute scientists for blasphemy? It ties in to this threads premise: suppressed knowledge.

We have evidence of genetic bottlenecks in our gene pool. Points where humans nearly became extinct. Is it a stretch to speculate that there was a collapse of knowledge at the same time as the mass human die offs?

We have megalithic structures submerged under water, created before the last glacial melt. Is it a stretch to say there were lost civilizations that were destroyed?

We have evidence that Homo Sapien Sapien is a species resulting from different ancient hominids interbreeding. Is it a stretch to conclude that mankind's history stretches millions of years?

This isn't about creating any spectacular mysteries. These are speculations based on taking facts from many domains of mankind, and attempting to mesh them into the most probable and logical theory.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

reply to post by Flavian

so what kind of low tech do you suggest could lift a thousand tons? are you saying they had low tech steel cranes or just really big logs?

Don't need to lift anything...just drag, and to put it upright all that was needed was raw rocks, wood and rope.

Ingenious maybe, but not what I would call advance tools..

how were they gonna lift that obelisk out of a 15 foot deep trench after detaching it from the bottom? how could anyone cut that thing loose with such a small space to work? I don't think you know what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

At the bottom of the page you linked to is suggests this

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

How was it done: It is now known that the main tool employed for carving the granite were small balls of Dolerite which is a mineral harder than granite, as seen at the open air museum/quarry at Aswan, Egypt today. The discovery of this obelisk and several others in their unfinished states allows us to see how they were made. The means of separating the stone from the bedrock was a common technique used around the ancient world, in which small cavities were made in the stone, which were then filled with wood, which was soaked in water causing it to expand

It doesn't look like that small of a space. A person can easily walk in the trench. Once the block was freed from the quarry they can put ropes and blocks of wood underneath it. Raise one end first then place a fulcrum and pivot your way out of the trench by adding blocks of wood.
edit on 25-3-2012 by SteelToe because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by SteelToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
wow im very impressed with this thread, i hate reading im not a very good student, buttt i do believe in every possibility,,i believe there have been many cycles just like you said,,with time everything erodes or just decays and i also agrree that if in the future there is alien threat, i too will be skeptical of its authenticity.this was prolly the bet thread ive read on here and looked up all the facts used

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Our ancient ancestors held great mathematical, cosmological, scientific, and architectural knowledge that we as modern Homo Sapien Sapien are only recently understanding ourselves.

I disagree to a point...

I can say the same thing about the lifestyle of 200 years ago. What they knew back then to live was very common information for them...today it is rare, and the reason is because we don't need to know it any more.
We are not experts anymore in cutting, moving and building with large stones because we do not need to be. I guess one could call it the tools of the trade.

So which one on this chart were the super humans?

Or are we talking something not even human....

I just cannot agree with the speculation that our ancestors were as you suggest. There is nothing and I mean nothing to support it and people look at raw stone work and say they had advance tools but lived a rather primitive lifestyle well other than their cutting lasers and anti gravity devices.

If there was nothing spectacular about the ancient megalithic sites (mathematical formulae, cosmological knowledge), why have we been playing catch up for so long?

I'm not saying the ancients were magical, special, or assisted by anyone. They were our normal ancestors, they got wiped out, and we had to start over.

They had a lot of time to look at the skies and yes they saw patterns as we know them well too, yes they built stone structures based on these patterns.

We have evidence of genetic bottlenecks in our gene pool. Points where humans nearly became extinct. Is it a stretch to speculate that there was a collapse of knowledge at the same time as the mass human die offs?

No, I agree that man as gained and lost knowledge many times over the ages, BUT it's the level of the advancement that people tend to want to greatly exaggerate about that turns this into a fantasy novel at times.

We have megalithic structures submerged under water, created before the last glacial melt. Is it a stretch to say there were lost civilizations that were destroyed?

Yes...ocean levels were lower in the ice age era, and yes man built with stones, and yes man built near water many times, and yes these areas became flooded as ocean level rose again....

Once again I do not see the "advance" part of this...

This isn't about creating any spectacular mysteries. These are speculations based on taking facts from many domains of mankind, and attempting to mesh them into the most probable and logical theory.

I think we need to add "wild ass" in front of "speculations".

My speculation is that there were spikes in our knowledge levels and these spikes were localized. This could have been because a Newton like person was born and that person in their life pushed the envelope just to have that knowledge slowing die in future generations. This could explain why a isolated group was so good at stone work, but over all were still living a rather primitive lifestyle, and future stonework was much poorer as that older techniques were lost.

Saying that I must keep that knowledge level with in boundaries and not suggest that knowledge was super advance. Our advancement that has been very fast in the last 1000s years and exponentially fast in the last 100 years is all because we have better and better communication. Today everyone is connected and we continue to expand faster and faster.

The other part of that is that we are 7 billion and so like a huge computer program of 7 billion bits we have more resources to push our technology. Think of how many Newtons are in the world alive today.... I bet a bunch.
When we look in our past we lacked both communication skills and sheer numbers and so to suggest they had some kind of advance world really goes beyond the pattern we have seen with ourselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

how were they gonna lift that obelisk out of a 15 foot deep trench after detaching it from the bottom? how could anyone cut that thing loose with such a small space to work? I don't think you know what I'm talking about.

You are just not thinking about it...

They cut 3 sides and for the bottom they just need to cut holes under it to put logs in place along the whole underside. In the areas they do not dig holes they do their small chisel holes into the rock. Once that is done they put logs in the big cut holes and hammer wood wedges in the smaller holes. THEN they fill it all up with water and let the expanding wood do the trick to brake it all away from the bedrock. They then dig out more so they can rock it using weights and add wooden wedges in the middle back and forth as we see this guy in the video is doing. Once it is off the ground they can smooth out the bottom side. Then they dig some more and cut a smooth slightly slope ramp to drag it out and they are on their way..

No lifting out of the hole at all, and if they can cut the rock they can cut a slope ramp too.

Ok I agree this is not as sexy as lasers and anti grave devices...

Lastly this one is twice the weight as the one you linked and you can see that they did build a ramp to drag it out. If they could do it with a 2000 toner why not with your 1000 toner too?

edit on 25-3-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The only reason that sticks out for me as to why civilizations around the world began to build such huge structures would be that they were expecting a global or local devastation or had survived one. One thing is for sure they built them to last as they stand strong to this every day while perplexing many as to how or why they would build such massive structures.

We are doing these things today in the form of deep underground vaults that store the worlds treasures and histories.

I guess humans have always been aware of the 'what if' scanario
edit on 25-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join