It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade Professional (RE: Ancient Monuments): "I can not build even one wall. Here's a theory."

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

In short there is proof everywhere of huge disasters that have befell us in years past... And the sheer events themselves would indeed be enough to wipe us all from the earths memory... But it seems we found a way..

Yes, there is proof of past 'disaster' events, but what you mentioned was not proof of that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Hello Under Water. Interesting username. Thank you for the reply. It is mind-boggling to imagine how advanced individuals would be if their knowledge survived the last global cataclysm! Just consider the Antekythera Mechanism all on its own. Its only a few thousand years old, but imagine how advanced the group would be today that held that type of technology back then. Wow. I've seen a few people now mention that "aliens" may be ancient humans that return from time to time. A lot of great and interesting replies so far.

reply to post by Sinny

Hello Sinny. Great reference to Nikola Tesla and Edward Leedskalnin. Many articles, publications, and documentaries have been created in their honor. Coral Castle is truly something of one man's imagining force! Why do you think that Edward felt the knowledge was better kept secret, rather than being shouted from the rooftops for all to know? Shouldn't such secrets be revealed for free use for all of mankind to benefit? Thanks again, great reply.

reply to post by IronArm

Hello IronArm. What's fascinating is that cultures all over the world share ancient accounts of a catastrophic deluge. When concepts corroborate between isolated or separated cultures, I take note.

reply to post by ottobot

Hey there ottobot. Thanks for taking the time to reply. All of the similar tales of ancient sky gods is something to think about, that's for sure. It's some of our most ancient stories, why should we just toss them to the wayside? If the sky gods weren't actually space travellers, they could have been exaggerations and embellishments of ancient kings or heros. Many mortal kings from different cultures named themselves gods, sons of gods, and sons of the Sun. It could just be tales of mortal men seeking immortality like the Pharaohs and Caesars.

reply to post by kman420

Hello kman420. Thanks for the reply. I too am under the opinion that life exists elsewhere in the universe. However, I don't think any have travelled to earth yet. Just my opinion though. Peace.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Excellent Work.

Not sure how to introduce this, as it is obvious that to some extent religious colonization has been responsible for much misinformation over the years, and I make no apologies for the wrongs done by those who should know better.

Having said that, I was reminded of something I read in the bible once as I read your original post. Its from the first chapter of the book of ecclesiastes, in the old testament.

9 What has been will be again,
   what has been done will be done again;
   there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
   “Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
   it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
   and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
   by those who follow them.

I think the sadest observation is that this civilization could, if sufficiently motivated, could take steps to preserve more than just "the elite" from natural disasters. I fear however it's more likely that we will destroy ourselves, or be destroyed by what might be described as global suicide. In that sense, the concept of the ultimate judgment day of mankind is a real possibility. With or without the religious overtones, it seems the more advanced we become (ie the closer to being "like God" we attempt to become, as the human race), the more likely we are to actually extinguish all hope of there being a "reboot". Eventually, humanity will flatline.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think the human race and/or our ancestors are much much older than we previously thought.

I think it's possible we might have been far more technologically advanced than we are now.

It is even possible that our ancestors inhabited Mars and were able to travel to Earth in time to escape extinction.

Maybe Martians interbred with Earth beings to create the human race or through DNA manipulation.

If ancient alien astronauts exist I think we are related to them somehow.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

I agree here are my thoughts from another thread....I am posting it here as well; because it is the same discussion. My original post from there:

There is no reason to think ancient people before major earth cataclysm's that have taken place; never met or exceeded our technological level of understanding; in some areas. There is also no reason to think that early governments didn't and don't gather any finds of such technology. Government agencies were all over Leedskalnin's place after he died and took all of his papers and some of the machine parts he used.

One can dig over a mile deep in the Midwest; and bring out sharks teeth, no where near oceans; it points to major catastrophe and cataclysm's in earths time line. It is in the interest of a government to gather and repress all technology found; they can to use it for themselves and slowly release certain parts of it at their leisure...For example: We only got the technology to write on CD's after they milked every last dime they could from us on players, then they did the same thing with writable players, then did the same thing with re-writable players; when we very well could have had re-writable players at the beginning. He who controls knowledge and technology controls the world and its masses.

A civilization could have risen to such heights and great power and technology; in the first billion years of earths history, could have risen that would very well seem alien like, we went from the Wright brothers to space in less than a hundred years. Nearly six billion years and a few cataclysm's later; and it is all a mile or more deep in the Midwest, or left as megalithic structures that couldn't be washed away by gigantic tidal waves and floods.

There is also no reason to think that the first civilization didn't have the possibility of such technologies that we can't even fathom; and those are the mysteries we are left with. Who's to say such a civilization didn't abandon the earth ahead of the cataclysm into space; only to later return and help the survivors in some ways. Ancient humans would be called gods; their DNA could mix and mate with ours, and very well could be termed as aliens not of this earth...but perhaps from many earth cycles ago...before the first cataclysm occurred. Billions of years is a long time, so it is not out of the realm of scientific possibility. I would think they would rather stay where they are than come back here to stay, as well...I mean not many people like camping in the woods now, nor would they want to leave their homes and go live with the savagery of apes in the jungle.

This theory of mine; to tie it all in together, uses the most logic I can find in the situation, and does not require any great leaps to arrive there. It is a culmination of many myths and legends, archaeology, anthropology, and psychology of how those in control will do anything to stay in control. I think it also helps explain, that the explanation is; that it's all of the above...humans, lost technology, and aliens. But in this case; the aliens are from a much older human civilization than current science, has yet to find proof of; or at least disclose. These ancient human are still indeed alien to us...but human none the less, it is also quite possible these ancient humans look nothing like us from further evolving and adapting to their new environment over billions of years.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I am glad this thread has been a success for the owner. All the information contained in the first page was a summary of the information contained in my thread.

I am flattered but whether you are a 'trade professional' has no contribution in this thread. I have worked drills and mills, metal lathes and such and you dont need this experiences to know that the ancients had methods no well known to us but it was a nice touch to lifting information of my thread. Like I am flattered that threads like mine inspired you.

You should give credit to the contributors in my thread where most of this information came from.

Ty.

See for yourself, check out the 1st 5 pages or soSOURCE This thread is a good summation tho
edit on 25-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Everything I am about to say to you is the honest truth.

I was drafting this thread a week before "This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry" was even started. That thread got so popular that I almost considered scrapping this thread. I did not data mine from that thread! I only read the first 2 posts because at the time I was too busy with this thread.

I have been holding this theory way before that thread was made. Want proof?

2 posts of mine from 2010 using the same words I used in the op about destroyed libraries and concealed knowledge:

reply to post by Sahabi

And also

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I'm more prone to believing we as modern humans are simply the product of amnesia and faced near annihilation one or more times in the ancient past. We develop, we learn, we grow, we face global cataclysm, and start over. We've had more than one stone age, more than one nuclear age, and more than one space age.

This next post is from January '11

Originally posted by Sahabi
There has been more than one stone age and more than one technological age. The rise and fall of mankind has happened more than once. No ancient aliens, just advanced man beyond 10,000 B.C.

Here's a post of mine from September 2010 that explains my false-flag alien invasion theory.

reply to post by Sahabi

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

1. Different Thread Premise

- Your entire opening post premise is to give an explanation as to possible tech used to create the megaliths, such as sonic drilling, magnetism, Piezo-Electro-Gravitation, acoustic levitation, ultrasonic knife, and resonance levitation. This is the only premise you presented in your opening post!

- Whereas my premise is: Modern man is only just now catching up to the skill and knowledge of the ancients. This is because mankind has risen and fallen in ancien times. Few individuals have been on a campaign to destroy and suppress knowledge. Then the opening post goes on to rebutt the Acien Astronaut Theory point-by-point, then conclude that a false-flag alien agenda is being pursued.

- I did not once mention a single method from your opening post, and if I had I would have cited your thread, just as I have cited many works in my opening post.

2. Source of Information

I have been a listener of "Coast to Coast AM" for many many years. I have been watching those after-hours "fringe" topic documentaries since the early 90's when it was considered too far out there for popular broadcast. I am an avid follower of ATS and read threads from dam near every domain.

The Antekythera Mechanism has been known for years. I initially learned of it in the 90's but I stole the idea from you?

Cymatics. I presented the idea as the theoretical work of Stuart Mitchell then I referenced previous ATS threads regarding the issue. You make no reference to previous ATS threads, but it is me passing the work of other's off as my own?

Sir, I have learned not a thing from you!!! Every piece of your thread and my thread has already been published by others before me and you! Lost civilizations has been covered over and over again by well known published individuals.

If there were a single ATS member that has done the most contribution to this domain, I would say it is Slayer69, not you or me.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

•What did YOU provide from your own self?

•You copy and pasted a bunch of YouTube videos of OTHER PEOPLE's experimentations and research.

•You copy and pasted a bunch of pre-published definitions.

•Nothing in your OP is YOUR work. You only put together a reference of other people's research and work.

I swear on my good name that I only read your 2 opening posts and did not go any further. I did not data mine you.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

To save face, I am going to analyze my 7 opening posts:

Post 1
My personal precision machining experience. Others trained me, but I stole nothing of this knowledge.

Post 2
- All of those ancient megalithic sites have been well known and well discussed for a very long time. Any reference I make towards any megalithic site is NO ONE's personal work here on ATS, unless they are an archeologist on site making discoveries themselves.

Then I explained why slave labor would not produce precision work.

Post 3
"The Theory." Lost Civilizations has been discussed and published before you and I were born! Past cataclysms, genetic bottlenecks in our DNA, Pre-glacial structures submerged under water, Neanderthals and Denisovan contributing to our gene pool and ancient history, and I went further to elaborate that some people are destroying and suppressing knowledge to create a global amnesia of ignorance for control agendas.

Post 4
"Knowledge Lost". Library of Alexandria, Timbuktu, North and South American knowledge destroyed by conquistadors and colonists. Antekythera Mechanism: we'll known. Ancient Anarctic Maps: I referenced ATS threads. Quasicrystals, Penrose Tiles, and Girih Tiles: you make no mention. Cymatics and Chladni Patterns: I referenced ATS threads.

Post 5
Addressing Common Points of A.A. Theory: Starchild skull, genetics, ancient stories and depictions of aliens, and incremental conditioning. You mention no such things.

Post 6
Compared the achievements and skills of animals to prove we are no different than animals.

Post 7
Exposing the false-flag alien agenda.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Please, I hope you come back and reply.

I have clearly laid out the differences in overal premise between our 2 threads.

I gave proof of my references and cites.

I even analyzed my 7 opening posts to disprove stealing from your thread.

I do not appreciate false accusations.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
After comparing the 2 threads I would say they are very different, other than you both discussing different types of past and present building tecnology methods and theories as they might apply to the ancient people. Even if both threads started from a similiar point of view, this thread took it in a different direction and expanded on social implications and theories, lol, which for me was when it really got interesting!

You both did great threads, but I think they are very different, and I do believe the OP when he says this was his vision prior to reading the other thread. Heck they are both successful threads that inspired others, maybe great minds think alike?

Anyways, you clearly worked hard on this thread, and I learned a lot from it and it really helped me think through many similiar thoughts.

edit on 25-3-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Thank you MountainLaurel for that comparison.

Shadow Herder did an excellent job at compiling and presenting possible alternative methods of cutting and moving megalithic stones. I Starred and Flagged his thread and even posted a nice reply when I finally got around to reading and watching his op in depth: reply to post by Sahabi

His thread's primary focus is on possible construction methods.
My thesis does not even address possible construction methods, and totally skips the "hows".

I've made my argument against data mining Shadow Herder's thesis and premiss. I hope this accusation is put to rest.

Thank you again for replying.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
After comparing the 2 threads I would say they are very different, other than you both discussing different types of past and present building tecnology methods and theories as they might apply to the ancient people. Even if both threads started from a similiar point of view, this thread took it in a different direction and expanded on social implications and theories, lol, which for me was when it really got interesting!

You both did great threads, but I think they are very different, and I do believe the OP when he says this was his vision prior to reading the other thread. Heck they are both successful threads that inspired others, maybe great minds think alike?

Anyways, you clearly worked hard on this thread, and I learned a lot from it and it really helped me think through many similiar thoughts.

edit on 25-3-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

I enjoyed researching my thread and reading this one. It is not a rip off at all but a summation of information gathered here and elsewhere brought to us in a nice package.

I think we can all agree that the ancient past is not well known. The building practices, methods, metallurgy and logistics are mind bending to say the least and this thread help like many others to shed some light on the dark areas of our past.

Keep these threads coming for they are about US, who We are, who we were and where were are going. i starred and flagged. Well done.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I would agree they are different enough to warrant commenting in both, Sahabi is more rational. SH ia an envious sort but I applaud both of you for starting them.

Now I'll sit back and watch you guys fight it out.....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Triple post.... ugh

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Again, triple post, deleted.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

I would agree they are different enough to warrant commenting in both, Sahabi is more rational. SH ia an envious sort but I applaud both of you for starting them.

Now I'll sit back and watch you guys fight it out.....

You are on a roll of ignorance old fella.

Envious no. Maybe re read my post. This time read it slower. Thank you again.

We are all bored with posters that offer nothing new to the table. Try a new approach old feller.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

While I commend both of you for compiling all the information and posting very interesting threads.

Neither thread is based on new information or ground breaking theories.

I have seen and heard (in bits and pieces over the years) all of the information before.

Good job none the less. S & F to you both.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join