It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TROM : a 13 hours documentary about ... everything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is the kind of documentary that changes you. It is a patchwork of several other documentaries, interviews, lectures, etc.. with added narration by different narrators or you can also chose a computerized voice. The documentary talks really about everything, from money, to war, to social status, to science and technology and many other topics. It talks about the kind of change many of us here on ATS and many people around the world are hoping for.

Here is the presentation text that you can find on the TROM site :

The TROM documentary is trying to present, in a simplistic way, the world in which we, human beings, live. The world discovered so far, not some idea or personal choice. Moreover we tried to present alternative solutions to current problems and took into account the future, which promises to be more than interesting. An informative documentary, perhaps shocking and disturbing to many, depending on how you digest the information. The documentary is divided into chapters and sub-chapters due to documentary's excessive length (13 hours). Also all the parts are connected. The documentary and website are concentrated, so it is essential to read additional information which can be found in descriptions beside each section and the video player.

This is the trailer

You can watch the 13h documentary on the official website, or you can directly go to youtube and start to watch it. Here is the link for the YT page with the different playlists.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Oh man, 13 whole hours huh...

OK I'll bite, if you don't hear back from me anytime soon, it's probably because I'm still watching the video.

I hope after watching these videos, it doesn't feel like a waste of time, the same feeling I had after watching the Zeitgiests, Esoteric Agenda I & II, Thrive, Crossing The Event Horizon, and countless others. That can be simply demolished through research and deductive reasoning...

So many hours I wish I had back, that I could have spent actually researching the presented material.

O well, it can't hurt.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

whoa! Nice one! I am gonna watch it now! To bad I ain't got no popcorn :/

13 hrs... Well I think it's gonna be worth it.

Thank you for posting!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I thought that esoteric agenda was rather interesting! Kymatica.. Moreso..

What about these docs were you able to discredit, if I might inquire? (no need to actually present anything, just s question)

I will watch this monster, uh, tomorrow. Wish me luck!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Thanks for the link. Mega excited to watch this. Some great names in that intro video.

13hrs..........I think I need about 5kg of popcorn then. Epic.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I dont think I've ever bee THIS excited to watc a documentary. I love doco's. It drove my parents nuts when I was a kid, because , this kind of stuff was all I wanted to watch.

I need help though from my fellow ATS brothers and sisters. I want to watch this video this weekend, but I will be away from any sort of internet connection. Does anyone know how I can download this video from their website straight to my hard drive, so I can watch it later?

PLEASE HELP, thanks

S&F thank you so much for bring this doco to ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I just watched the trailer and THIS is my kind of movie!

I don't know how long it will be till I can comment on the actual movie, 13hours., whoa.

thank you for showing me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Awesome....hours and hours of fun! S/F....and many thanks.

I'll have to do it over a period of days....but very much excited about it. Can you do us a bit more of a review? Have you finished watching all of it yet?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow. 13 hours. If I am going to invest 13 hours into a documentary, it is going to have to show me something in the trailer I haven't seen. The trailer consists of very common clips that we have probably all seen before. What's the other 12 1/2 hours?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I watched a couple episodes/chapters, so far Evolution is strongly supported, and lots of weird scenes of naked people and babies. The computer graphics and "THX" sounds are cheesy, and the music is louder than the spoken messages. It's very elementary with no new topics as of yet. I laughed a lot with many "facepalms", hoping to find an episode that will keep me in my seat. Xenongod

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm in. Just gotta charge the ol, movie tab.... This iPad that is, and I'll be watching soon. Thanks for the heads up, that preview made my tummy go all butterfly like. Any thing with Carl Sagan clips is enough for me to tune in! Looking forward to sharing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I love the Lion King Clips in the Education vid

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Well, I can't really defend my statement with out presenting any specifics, so here's a couple...
Where in the world is Capitis deminutio written into law, in the US?
As claimed by Esoteric Agenda

en.wikipedia.org...
Capitis deminutio

Where in the world is there any proof that not filing income taxes is perfectly legal, and there is nothing the IRS or Federal and/or State Government can do about it? For the claims were made by supposed previous employees of the IRS.
As claimed by Zietgiest

Where is the proof that the Cuboctohedron, and the fractal implications that are made by Nassim in Crossing the Event Horizon AND Thrive.
This is one that is fairly subjective, and I wouldn't call an out right lie, but holds very little credibility.

Also, the astronomy claimed in Zietgiest and the whole religion section contains truths, but also lies.
edit on 22-3-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

you can do it through torrent downloading sites. demonoid is the best but you need an invite.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
with 13 hours i would hope it could spare some time to get into sacred geometry

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Talltexxxan,
look in the "extra" tab on tromsite.com, there are links for direct download and torrent.

The 13hrs have been done by a single guy with no particular skills in video editing etc., and while I have been myself sometimes bothered by the low quality sound of the different speakers AND the loud music, I totally forgive him. And I have to admit also that I was convinced by his cause already before starting to watch. When you have Krishnamurti, Sagan, Carlin, Hicks, Fresco and other brilliant and visionary minds, you don't really have to convince me, because I know all those guys and I just want to applaud.

Anyway, in the documentary there is a great focus that is done on money and the monetary system through various topics. The ideas are really close to those of the zeitgeist movement and the documentary clearly advocates for Fresco's venus project. Meaning : create abundance through automation > get rid of money > be free to contribute in whatever means that suits you

I am open for discussion if anyone wants to discuss about this, cons and pros.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
holy crap batman

im only up to 2.11 but this is blowing me away
the second episode-theory of everything was crap, i though. too many holes

but environment and the monetary system and education especially the episode Jobs. floored me.
some of their alternative solutions absoultely have to be considered.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
S & F!!!

Just watching the trailer, I have been pulled in. I have watched Zeitgeist, Esoteric Agenda, and others, but I feel that this one may have a more 'completeness' to it.

Bill Hicks commentary on "Is this a ride or is this real?

George Carlin

Neil Tyson Degrassi

Carl Sagan

OTHERS......

and Dr Kaku Micho and the explanation of the different Types of Civilizations

YES...this appears to be the one to watch
I will have plenty of popcorn and a nice bottle of wine for this weekend to enjoy this.

I await my responses when it is over.

Thanks OP!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
watched it over a weekend. makes great points and is basicly a huge resource for change in the world and what can be done right now.

But oddly touting sources like bill hicks and other popular counter culture about the truth of reality it uses james randi of all people to debunk psychic phenomena. Phenomena ive been too involved with to esily be dismissed by the same dry skeptic arguments. Not to mention Randi got destroyed by Silvia Browne on larry king live of all people. Issues with the mysteries of the mind.. God.. and a spiritual experience can be caused by psychedelic substances... Just because they invented an god helmet that does the same thing doesn't disprove or even prove a damn thing other then we can recreate a good/bad trip with the helmet.

Somewhere the "scientific" revolution gets big on itself and begins to dismiss what it doesn't understand this is a mistake of using science as a philosophy of life.. it seems like an oddly "off" note where the other segments did vary well.

Science and non biased research will solve mans common problems but believing in science as a philosophy? Is the ultimate distortion and disservice to what should be a lawful discipline and has no place within matters of philosophy.

It may unlock the mysteries or the mind and time and space as we know it but right now it isnt and science shold not be used to issue judgement on what it cannot account for.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Huggiesunrise

I agree with you on some points, but mainly what the documentary is trying to say is that we can change the world with what we have right here right now. We don't have to wait for an hypothetical mystical change in people's minds, you know like in some clips or movies where people would suddenly stop doing what they are doing and go in the streets and look at other people like if it was the first time they saw real people and hug them. I am afraid this will never happen, I would say that's another kind of wishful thinking, or magical thinking.

We don't need friendly benevolent aliens to help us change our world, because we could do it ourselves. We don't need humans with superpowers, because our imagination and our science/technology is a kind of superpower, and until now we are the only creative and conscious beings that we know of that is capable of this. I would say we are full of superpowers, we just overlooked them. Maybe aliens are real and they visited us in the past and they continue to visit us, maybe there are some humans that have real paranormal capabilities, but this changes nothing to our problem.

I would say that reality is overwhelmingly complex and incredible compared to any fiction that you could think of. We don't need unicorns and mighty dragons or other fantastic creatures, we can just look at a rhinoceros or a giraffe and it looks just as incredible and strange. Just imagine a writer creating a story about our reality, and how incredible and marvellous it would sound. The greatest story ever told is our reality, we just have to look at it with a new eye, with the eyes of child full of curiosity.

All in all, yes the documentary overlooks some topics, but it was not really its point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join