It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real look into Doomer Mentality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You have to first name what problem you think there is
It is kind of pathetic to go around saying there is nothing one can do
Like a child who throws their toys around and messes up their room
Then is overwhelmed by the prospect if tidying it up

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Once again this is an extremely defeatist attitude. Of course we're not going to be able to fix the world if we simply look at the problems facing and then say, "They're too big. Why even try?" Why we try? Because what do we have to lose by trying? As long as we maintain this attitude that we can't fix things nothing will ever be fixed. However, who knows what might actually be accomplished if we actually tried. Sure we might not be able to fix all our problems but maybe we can at least get to the point where people are actually banking on and hoping for the majority of humanity to be wiped out.

You're staring down a asteroid and wondering why no one is standing in its shadow with a catcher's mitt on.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Asteroid - What asteroid?
Your talking in riddles man

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

His avatar wears the mask, he is allowed to talk in riddles

edit on 21-3-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

His avatar wears the mask, he is allowed to talk in riddles

edit on 21-3-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Yes he is allowed to do whatever he wishes including not answering my question mask or no mask

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It's a metaphor.

metaphor |ˈmetəˌfôr; -fər|
noun
a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable : “I had fallen through a trapdoor of depression,” said Mark, who was fond of theatrical metaphors | her poetry depends on suggestion and metaphor.

You have to first name what problem you think there is
It is kind of pathetic to go around saying there is nothing one can do
Like a child who throws their toys around and messes up their room
Then is overwhelmed by the prospect if tidying it up

You wanna solve some problems, let's solve some problems.

Problem number one:

The US debt is actually 60(+) trillion dollars.
The total amount of money on this entire planet is 46 trillion dollars.
We have to figure out how to pay it back...

GO!

edit on 21-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It is not my debt is it yours - I am no slave to a corrupt financial system - how is it a problem to you?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It is not my debt is it yours - I am no slave to a corrupt financial system - how is it a problem to you?

So the first issue I come up with garners a "not my problem" answer.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Yes it is not my problem - I do not buy into this fraudulent financial scam - Up to you if you feel you somehow owe private bankers money when in fact your government gave them your money then said it is your debt.
Buy into this fraud by assuming it is your debt if you wish after all your the one not wanting to solve your imagined problems
If money troubles you so much stop dealing in it

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I guess others might call me a doomer, though I myself haven't thought of myself that way.
I do feel an imprending change, that most likely would include many deaths. But I do not feel that as "doom".
I guess it is a natural association one gains in time, between life and death. Every change means a death of what what it used to be- birth follows every death. I guess, in the same way some people learn to love work, because they are already savoring the effects they know will result from it (a sense of accomplishment, money, the pleasure of having the things they are building, whatever....). It is possible also to have a similar feeling in conenction with destruction, as the construction is sure to go along after it.

I, like others, percieve the systems we have developed are at this point no longer adapted to what we (as a collective) wish to experience, and yet we are also trapped in a web of our creation, that will take great impact to get us out of it.

The idea of being afraid to die... I don't feel that too much, never have though. Maybe I am a very mentally ill person though, because I have been told that is not normal. But I see things through the perspective of a wider picture, and what is MY existence, as an individual??? It is nothing, or almost. It is, as they say, a grain of sand on the beach. So faced with that beach, I don't understand how anyone can even feel afraid of the destruction of one grain of sand- much less feel that the whole beach should all be sacrificed, so that that little grain of sand I am should continue to exist!

In listening to others, I have recently come to the awareness that for a fairly large part of the human population does not know the experience of compassion. They do not feel it! I was shocked and felt traumatized for days. I was naive before, and thought all humans were like me, and feel compassion for others. But I have found out it isn't true. This person who went to Japan right after the tsunami and wrote a book about it said it was the very first time he felt compassion. It took thousands of deaths, wiping villages off the map, for compassion to knock it's way into his consciousness!

If anyone wants to ask what good such catastrophies serve- there you go. If my dying might influence one compassion-impaired person to heal, then I am perfectly willing to let it happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I would not call you a doomer
Nor are you mentally ill because you do not fear death - I would say the opposite is true
People attack that which they do not understand
And you are right that the compassion is sadly lacking in this world - Many are selfish - It is hard to understand I know but it is the truth.
Yes it sometimes takes horrific things to occur to wake up peoples compassion
We are so removed from the reality of others less fortunate live

edit on 22-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Yes it is not my problem - I do not buy into this fraudulent financial scam - Up to you if you feel you somehow owe private bankers money when in fact your government gave them your money then said it is your debt.
Buy into this fraud by assuming it is your debt if you wish after all your the one not wanting to solve your imagined problems

I don't let money bother me. I don't even have credit. I'm completely off the grid financially, however only someone who is completely naive would think that just because they don't subscribe to the financial system, that they are immune to the consequences created by those who are.

You have no idea how symbiotic society has become. Wars are waged, people are murdered, all for the sake of maintaining the western banking system, fraudulent or not.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

In a forest fire the trees get burnt but they have great strength and reserves in the roots. They often have protection built in and with their reserves can grow new branches if the fire wasn't severe. Although the trees are damaged, all the small plants are destroyed if they do not have deep roots. We are those plants that will die from the heat. Our seed may have flown far away and survive.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I don't let money bother me. I don't even have credit. I'm completely off the grid financially, however only someone who is completely naive would think that just because they don't subscribe to the financial system, that they are immune to the consequences created by those who are.

You have no idea how symbiotic society has become. Wars are waged, people are murdered, all for the sake of maintaining the western banking system, fraudulent or not.

I agree with what you are saying and am not naive to the consequences of the financial systems in place nor immune. I am aware of how symbiotic society has become.
Do you not agree that it is by discussing these things that we educate each other and so can make more informed decisions.
Don't know about you - but I am not waiting for any government or other institution to solve my needs.
All I am asking is let us look at the problems we feel we have and rather than just give in to the tyranny of fear and despair - and do something to resolve these issues.
I see it like this - What is it we need as opposed to what we want.
I can not change the world - I can only change me.

edit on 22-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The trees (government, religion, and wealth) will never fully be destroyed, though a great thinning of these giants will happen as a result. The people are resilient, and though many will die, they will bounce back bigger and stronger than ever. Everytime society collapses, what comes back is ultimately better for the people, better for society and human growth.

After a fire, the "people" are allowed to flourish for a good deal of time before the trees return and a fire is, again, needed.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Back when I was 11 or 12 years old, I started have my first sleepovers and had my friends stay over at my home. In those nights we talked and talked and talked for hours and eventually, I came up with a question that I always ended the night with and it became sort of a running joke with us even until now.

"Do you ever think, that somewhere out there, there is something better than all of this?"

Each time we would all agree that there wasn't, that life was the greatest at that very moment. But then... we grew up. Life changed, or rather, life as personified by the masses was thrust upon us.

Sure, we were given choices after school was over. We could continue our education or we could enter the workforce. We could move out on our own if we could afford it, or continue to live with our parents. We could vote Republican or Democrat. We could be pro-choice or pro-life. We could either be with the terrorists or against them. You could either love America, or by god you could leave it.

And that was when I realize that there was nothing good about the life that society has manufactured for people. You grow up thinking you have an once of freedom, but in reality you are only given a set to choose from. The moment you stray from that set you are considered an outcast from society. And God forbid if you ever try to incorporate a change to that society, because things have worked so well for so long, just the way they were, that there is no reason for it... you simply need to go along with the system, be content in following the choices made by other people throughout time, and eventually die knowing that you held no intuitive control over your life.

I believe in freedom. Moreso than any person I know. Absolute, uncurtailed, unhindered freedom- that so long as you don't keep a fellow person from exercising his own freedom - you should be free to do whatever it is that you are willed to do, and you should not be able to be discriminated for it. You could fight for that freedom. Sure. But people are lazy. They are blind. They don't want to abandon the ways they are used to. So you hope that you can fight, that the revolution rises and that you can gain freedom for all and a world of liberty is actually recognized.

But if you can't you are left hoping for the next best thing... that something, anything brings the system crashing down upon itself. That an event wakes people up from their sleep and forces them for once to think outside of the manual of life that has predisposed for their sake and actually think for themselves. If it takes mass death for that to happen then it is worth it - even if I am one to die. Simply because it will open up something so much better in this universe than what we have now.

It would give a little bit of hope where hope is in short supply. That is my doomer mentality. That is why I prepare, and essentially hope something wicked this way comes.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Very profound, and... well... just well said all together. Starred.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Personally those movies you posted are too heavy for me when it comes to the "end".

I'm more of those "I am legend" kind of guy... everyone dies, I stay alive, get to have everything for free, including that mustang, hunting deers in the middle of NY and then meeting a hot brazilian chick...

Thats some doom scenario for me!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

My life has certainly been affected by a sense of doom and fear. This has been the case for as long as I can remember. This may have been a pys-op perpetuated by a nefarious cabal of elite. Keep the people in fear; too scared to do anything!

just a thought: maybe the doomers of the world are actually the folks who are kindling a positive thought for the existence of the human species. There is only one way we humans will survive extinction: to destroy what we have now and rebuild it better

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Doom can come in any form, I created this thread in order to show the sanity side of doomers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join