It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I figured this 'kony' thing out, but I need help 'seeing' it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well, first attempt at embedding.

Anyway, long story short:

This guy sees Uganda kids suffering, being forced into warfare, so he makes a film.

People throw a fit.

Director is arrested for running around naked. Fox news posts an article with wife claiming 'psychosis'.

My first thoughts? Psychosis, mk ultra, possession, etc.

Then I thought about it. I think he's that serious. He's willing to run, buckassnekid in public, and get arrested, to 'plug' his cause. Naked+plug= poor choice of words?

I'd like to think I'm right here...I figured there is a broad enough spectrum of dynamic thinking here, on A.T.S. to get a better view of things. Much as I have my own opinion, here, I really just want to hear yours

Is this guy one hippocampus short of a brain? Does Satan want Uganda to suffer, prompting his decaying hand? Is the government practicing/utilizing mind control agents? Is comet E.L.E.N.I.N. to blame (go away, terral)??

Sun flares? Paid off shill( "stop your campaign, here's $30k, go act unstable")? Ugandan mind control??- ok, they can't afford the last one.

WTH happened guys?

I wish there were something I could do. There...any 3rd world country.
"Well, I can't support myself, ATM, so piss off"

C'mon, these 'new age spirit frequency' sites thrive on using " mind energy " for a cause.

What is really happening here?? Is there anything we can actually do???

America has been the snotty rich kid long enough. L I F E S U C K S for these people, and my conscience can't take it any damn more.

* If the link isn't working, I'm working on it. Sadly, I still have that new car smell.

stop wondering if YOU should share what you feel. I'm asking you, and I'm doing it nicely.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

He's a guy that had a momentary break into reality, but couldn't take it so went nuts.

Nothing else to it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For some reason when I saw this MK ULTRA popped into my mind, but I couldn't figure out the reason for why they would make him do this. Maybe he was under control while making that film to help garner support for troop deployment to Africa and this is him fighting back against the mind control hence him literally losing his mind and running wild in the streets. I'm not too sure.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Or maybe he just has a psychotic disorder that was untreated that he was not sharing with the world because it is a personal issue....

Perhaps he is Bipolar or something. Yes, you can become psychotic with Bipolar disorder....

I really doubt there is a conspiracy here.... He is a guy fighting for a good cause and I think the most logical explanation here is that he had some kind of untreated mental illness....And unfortunately he had a breakdown at a very bad time...As if there is ever a good time.

His campaign is a good one and I hope this does not hurt it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'd like to know what he's saying, I can't hear him because of censorship beeps.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm sorry but I don't view that campaign as anything more then a few people making money off of other peoples misery and taking advantage of millions of gullible people that donated. The kony situation has been finished for 6 years now and even the Ugandans said that their past it. You wanna make a difference join the peace corps and get your a** down there, donating to an organization making profit off of peoples stupidity is not going to help anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Kony story to me is super sketchy. Why not help a cause for street kids in Brazil instead? Those kids need it as bad as anyone could. Info on street kids of Brazil

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Doesn't this dude have a wife and a kid? But look at him here, he's quite obviously gay! Nothing against gays but they don't normally have and wife and kids (unless they work for the government)! Anyone else notice this?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Eh? He was making money from peoples misery! Only 33% went to the cause, the rest went to him as his cronies! Even the people of uganda was disgusted by his "good cause", won't you even listen to them? Geez... He got found out and this is the result... Really, there are still people that don't know this? KONY hasn't even been seen for years! Many believe him to be dead already!

You didn't learn from the sadam bogeyman? Or the osama bogeyman? Or the ghadafi bogeyman?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I know it's tempting to write off all foreign intervention as silly and pointless, but please do more research and reconsider this one. I had the same kneejerk reaction of letting Africans live with Africa and the evils men do there until I met someone last year in Occupy who spent a couple years in that part of Africa recently, doing Missionary work. She was fascinating to talk to and this was before Kony was a known guy in the media.

The best image she gave me to understand what she'd personally seen and worked with in the Children who escaped is the same one I'll share here.

If you have seen the movie Blood Diamond, think back to the opening scenes of recruiting children in the village and how it was done. Particularly, how those who resisted or didn't care for serving in the rebel army were treated. She explained and described in some detail how that was pretty much straight up accurate to what the Lord's Resistance Army actually does and has been doing for a long long time now.

To my knowledge, Obama put U.S. Special Forces in there last year. It may be the only use of the military Obama makes that I actually agree with, without reservation, but this one I sure do. If our best can help the 4 African nations these murders roam across hunt them down and kill them to the last man, then that's the best use of our Military I've heard in years.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
He is showing very common characteristics of a person under the influence of PCP.

What i think happened;

#1 Launches viral campaign packed with misinformation in an attempt to hoard some dirty charity money for himself.
#2 People find the flaws in his video being exagerrated and biased to the point that it's not even fact.
#3 Uganda government points out that Kony hasn't even been seen in uganda since 2006.
#4 Realises people have spotted he is a fraud.
#5 Pops some PCP, and goes on a stomping trip because his plot failed.

Of course, people will say he is innocent or an exception because they refuse to look at the facts.

This is no cause of stress or mental breakdown as some are saying, he is clearly pumped up with some very psychedelic substances. The violence/anger shows it is most likely PCP.

Look up "PCP" on youtube, you will see his actions are very comparable to others who are under the influence of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dude have you not seen this "Kony screening stirs anger in Uganda 14th Mar" will you not listen to the people that live there? Does this woman at the occupy movement know more than them? This KONY stuff has already been exposed!

Sadam was a bad man, yes, but is iraq better off now? Did a million plus people have to die to get that one man?

The taliban were bad (although they have been armed and funded by the US to fight the russians! Is that a better place to live now? Did all those people have to die to "get the taliban?"

Ghadafi was a bad man, is it better in lybia now?

Come on!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Either this, something similar or some sort of publicity stunt (not that he needed it)

All I know is, this is strange.
edit on 21-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I'm going by someone who worked as a Missionary volunteer directly with the children who came out of this band of psychopathic killers. Uganda seems to be the cause dejour of the moment, but the deployment of U.S. Forces last year was to assist four nations, not just one, in destroying this menace to humanity.

I'll go with someone I have every reason to believe spent a couple years in the middle of it and who I was face to face with to chat things over and ask questions of. The videos and other Internet material who show this person or that report are certainly valid from the perspective of the person who reported it......and so, we all choose our sources for accurate information. In this case..Indeed..I chose a 1st person, direct account of the events of that region of Africa.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Don't know the guy's issue, but the reality of the Kony story has been debunked. Haven't people posted the vid on here where actual Ugandans say the story is years out of date, Kony isn't as prominent as he used to be, and that his enemies are just as bad as he is? And the most important part - That the very last thing they possibly could ever want is US military intervention?
The 1st thing I thought of upon seeing the slickly manipulative propaganda vid about Kony was that massive oil deposits were discovered in Uganda a couple years back. Now astroturf campaigns start coming out demanding Western military intervention so that the white man can once again save the poor pitiful darkskinned folk from themselves. Convenient.
No MK Ultra. No PCP. No FOX News conspiracy.
Just another douchebag with a shady agenda who happened to make a fool of himself.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So you won't listen to the ugandan president? You won't listen to the ugandan people? You listen to some woman that you 'believe' was there?

How many people including women and children have the UK and American government killed? Who will go after them? Who will protect the children from them? You want them now to go into another country?

The Ugandan president himself says the KONY producers lied! He gave them information just to let people know what KONY did! But told them to put a disclaimer that it isn't happening now! They didn't do that! Why not?

They only gave 33% of the donations to the cause! The rest went in their pockets! Don't you find that a little sick?

You don't have any first hand accounts, you have second hand accounts, just like I do.. Am I saying he wasn't bad? No! But many bad things happen all over the world! Many of them by the hands of the UK and American armies! Who is talking about that? Where is the uproar for that?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

As I noted....I'm taking the word of a person I sat across from who I believe when she told me she'd been there, done that and seen it with her own Mark I eyeballs as she related the stories to me.

Will I believe the Ugandan President? Are you joking?? I don't believe the AMERICAN President, and I mean the last 4 of them.
Why would I somehow consider the leader of a nation so crooked it ought to have a pretzel on the flag to be more credible than any other talking head? After all...In your example here, one guy on TV is calling another guy on TV a liar for what the 2nd one, again, said on TV. Are we seeing a pattern here? lol...

90% of the time, we have nothing else to go by and I'd have to pick one side or the other to believe based on who has the most charismatic speakers and who gets the most compelling video shot for the public to see. We're almost certainly better off never knowing how far BOTH perceptions of the truth really are. In this case, I got it right from a fellow American who had been there and had the time there to know a few things more than the videos show.

Debating this one won't change much...unless someone here has also personally lived there and personally talked with and worked with the kids in the middle of it. Then, I'd sure be open to any corrections to how I was lead to believe things are.. Video doesn't trump a person I find to be personally credible with first person experience though.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

Who cares? It's Africa.
They are worried about their indian tribes to get whiped out.

Kony 2012 is a scam.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Ok fair enough call for more blood shed! I see you ignored all my other questions regarding the millions of deaths perpetrated by our governments! Or do you not believe the deaths that have happened over there?

As you chose to ignore my other questions I'll ignore yours. Hey I think you can still donate to the invisible children "charity". lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

The OP seemed to be asking everyone for open opinion on what this was all about, and I offered what I've felt was a rather unique perspective I received simply by being in the right place at the right time to talk to the right person.

As for the 'rest'..I'm trying really hard to work on my tendencies to wander right off the topics with everyone else.. I'm as Anti-War from ALL sides and ABOUT all sides in almost all conflicts at this point though, and I've sure made no secret. There has been far too much loss of both ours and theirs....whichever people fit either term to any given conflict running at the moment. We can start by bringing ALL American forces back inside our borders. Without qualification and let the world kill each other. Everyone wants it so badly...why fight it? (no pun intended)

Back to topic though....If we, the United States, are going to have people running all over the planet shooting things, they can do MUCH worse than the current effort to shoot the Lord's Resistance Army to pieces and put them out of the whole region's misery. Just my thinking...and again, the OP had seemed to be soliciting opinions to help understand what this whole thing was about........before "Kony" became the bumper sticker slogan for whoever started the fad about it.

Well, it's about a "rebel army" rampaging across 4 nations with eyes toward more in some free-range version of Mad-Max.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join