It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March in NY for Trayvon Martin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

March in NY for Trayvon Martin

occupywallst.org

8:09 PM: March has gone on to Lafayette Street. Numbers are swelling, beyond counting at this point. This definitely looks like a new 9/24. With any hope, the NYPD learned from 9/24. Given last night's brutality, this is unlikely.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It started out as a normal march from Union Square, then ended up back in Union Square for some reason with the police in front all the way. Then they just started marching down several streets and it's not quite clear what's happening or where they're going. Occupy page has a link that has a stream, it's up most of the time but if it goes down he's usually back within 1-2 mins.

The atmosphere is pretty intense too with marchers locking arms to hold the police bikes up at one point. No idea how it'll end up.

For more background on why this is happening : Today at 6pm, Union Square: Demand Justice for Trayvon Martin!

edit on 21-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
this kid's death is turning into an agenda driven mess.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Another stream's now joined the march from Union Square : www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

"This Kids" name is Trayvon Martin. I don't know what your agenda is but a little respect for Trayvon and his family would be a nice thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are marching for this kid.. from what i have heard he was killed by the leader of the neighborhood watch and hate crime can be ruled out because the man is spanish speaking and half black (as if this actually matters). I am sure there is more to this story then what has been released thus far; all we can do is wait and see. based on what i have hear so far, it seems as if the killer probably had some good reason for shooting this kid. It is possible that he was causing some sort of trouble, which is why a neighborhood watch dude would shoot him.
People should back off until we know exactly what has happened.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
I don't understand why people are marching for this kid.. from what i have heard he was killed by the leader of the neighborhood watch and hate crime can be ruled out because the man is spanish speaking and half black (as if this actually matters). I am sure there is more to this story then what has been released thus far; all we can do is wait and see. based on what i have hear so far, it seems as if the killer probably had some good reason for shooting this kid. It is possible that he was causing some sort of trouble, which is why a neighborhood watch dude would shoot him.
People should back off until we know exactly what has happened.

He was visiting his father who lived in the gated community. He was walking back from the local corner store with an iced tea, and a pack of skittles candy in his hands.

The shooter has a long history of calling the cops on anyone he thought was suspicious looking. The shooter was carrying a loaded gun while on neighborhood watch duty. The shooter's own words in the 911 tape were that the young man was running away from him, and the shooter was told, on the 911 tape NOT to follow him.

The shooter was hell bent on being a big tough neighborhood vigilante....so, he stalked, shot, and killed a completely innocent child. R.I.P. Trayvon Martin
edit on 21-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So a vigilante does something stupid and the cops get blamed for it and get accused of police brutality when they had nothing to do with the shooting.

Nicely done.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

I agree. I have seen the left leaning media harp all over this story, with CNN and MSNBC alluding to it having been a hate crime before Zimmerman's race/Spanish speaking came into prominence... and FOX won't even touch this story!

And to be quite honest... and heartless... I really don't care about the story except for one small angle:

The DoJ (FBI Civil Rights arm, specifically) is using its considerable resources to investigate this one shooting incident involving one black youth and one (if only on paper) seemingly "white man", but does nothing about all the black murderers in Cook County or those two idiots outside polling stations talking about how "Crackahs gonna know the reign of the black man!" In fact, the DoJ won't even consider any federal investigation against black criminals.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So a vigilante does something stupid and the cops get blamed for it and get accused of police brutality when they had nothing to do with the shooting.

Nicely done.

I've not heard of any police brutality...what I've heard is police indifference. As a matter of fact, late this afternoon, the City Council of Sanford Fl just passed a vote of "no confidence" against the police chief in the Trayvon Martin case.

What does that tell you......

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LennyDaRetard

Hannity on FOX is doing a major story on it....you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

The shooter has a long history of calling the cops on anyone he thought was suspicious looking. The shooter was carrying a loaded gun while on neighborhood watch duty. The shooter's own words in the 911 tape were that the young man was running away from him, and the shooter was told, on the 911 tape NOT to follow him.

You'll note that both of those things are entirely legal, and reasonable if you live near a bad area. In addition, at least one witness is corroborating Zimmerman's story, stating that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, beating him. Third, the media coverage of this story is approaching Casey Anthony levels of bias and idiocy. The pictures of Martin they keep showing? All old. He was, in fact, approximately 6'3 and a football player. The family's claims that he was a "model student?" Martin was on a five day suspension at the time of the shooting for unspecified academic matters. The family lawyer has sealed access to his school files.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This story is hard to follow in the mass-media. CNN originally reported that Zimmerman was "white" based off of a police source. Which effectively made the story a race issue, ie. young black boy killed by white man. Rather than reporting on the actual issue at hand, the validity of the self-defense claim.

At this point, the media has pushing speculation to new heights and I agree with a previous poster that HLN and CNN (they are not the only ones, just the ones that are typically on at my work) by extension is taking this to Casey Anthony heights in terms of trying to drive public opinion rather than report objectively.

It is a he said, he said case with a biased account from the girlfriend (though should not be discredited). Of course we like drama and that is what the news is bringing us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

HLN is by far the worst. I pray Nancy Grace doesn't get hold of this one. Anyways, to clarify a few things: Zimmerman isn't white, he's Cuban (or at least partially Cuban). As for the girlfriend, I'm very suspicious of her story, as it looks like she went to the media before contacting the police. As far as I'm aware, none of her phone records have been released yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

People getting all riled up about a murder of a teen.
What's that all about? Those damn liberals. You can't kill anybody anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Nicely done.

Actually they were coaching the witnesses and didn't listen to the 911 tapes before letting the shooter go. The guy isn't exactly a vigilante. He is a child killer. He had 11 years, 50-60 pounds and a 9mm on this kid and said he felt threatened? He chased the kid, the 911 operator told him not to. A child walking his dog said Zimmerman was standing over Trayvon who was begging for his life. The 911 calls are witness saying they heard someone begging for their life. If that was Zimmerman, he might not go to jail - other wise I think he is headed for a manslaughter charge.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Why do we even need trials? Get a few fuzzy facts by the sensationalist MSM who love a good race story and we can just publicly execute the guy.

I'll wait until the trial, if there is one, is said and done. I for one won't condemn a man before he's even charged, just because a bunch of racist blacks take to the street every time one of their own gets killed by someone of a different "color".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Was watching the start of the protest where Trayvon's mother and father were talking and I think the main issue is that they just want to get a trail sorted, which should at least be done. I'm not judging the guy either because I'm pretty new to it and haven't looked into the facts. Only reason I posted is because I've been watching the Occupy movement lately and this march mixed in with their Union Square protests yesterday.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I don't blame them for wanting a trial.. an investigation.. some answers as to how this could possibly happen. Instead of asking for answers though they went on a racist tirade, creating a huge media storm that has all but convicted a person that may or may not have been responsible of murder. They destroyed any semblance of justice.

As for Occupy.. chock it up as just another excuse to despise them. Tip for OWS: Stick with a message.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Not sure how the whole situation is with race in this case as like I said haven't researched that much into it. As for OWS though I think they're doing well, the problem is it seems like it's going to take a while before they get the chance to make any changes if they manage to. This year will probably see them step up their protests a lot though, starting May 1st, and hopefully they'll become clearer with their message as the year passes too.

If they're anything like Anonymous, who are often helping them, it might take a year or two before they start finding themselves, much like Anonymous did. Am pretty sure this year has the potential to be huge for Anon and Occupy though if they do things properly enough.

edit : just read back and saw you despise OWS, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

edit on 22-3-2012 by robhines because: added

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join