It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let US Make MAN In Our Image" What About Women?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
woMEN

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The word "man" in this context is meant as mankind, and women are part of mankind.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I agree..
and male and female describe the 2 parts making 1
edit on 3/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I've always looked at that statement as meaning "MAN" in general; both sexes. I figure they didn't just write men/women because "MAN" sounds grander, and a character like God probably isn't someone who would sit about worrying over being politically correct. Plus, a man probably wrote it, and authors will always put themselves in the work. But, for the most part, I'm pretty sure whenever God says "Man", unless referring to one certain stander, then it is meant as "A Men"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, the techical errors are far more numerous than that... No Trinity exists, this is a new infatuation and excuse made up by a considerable amount of liars.

No God exists in the fashion you believe in, the first mistake you all have.

And as i have learnt from Hebrew speaking Israeli's...even the word Virgin, did not exist in ANY original texts, and certainly is a misspoken lie, INTENDED to make people believe that a man, is also a GOD.

The amount of incredible LIES taught by the 1,972 denominations known in AMERICA alone, is astonishing, IT WILL BE GREAT when you are all found in a total state of shock when you realize not one thing you believe in has been told to you correctly, but used to gain power FROM you, they give you a tiny bit of JOY, which you mistake as some supernatural strength sent from above.

All religions are a farce, and deep down you ALL know it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First of all. The bible doesnt say what they write, that is one of 70 interpretations. They don't know the vowels, and only have some default words from other languages, such as Sumar, that already meant something.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ex-Vatican Translator, Mauro Biglino's Alternative Creation/Translation Theory

I ordered and read his book. Very good information on this thread.

In addition. Genesis, and the garden of eden is a bastardized corrupted and stolen story about the Sacred Tree from the ancients, primarily the red haired celtic race, and locking the real way home, or ancient knowledge from a past cycle under lock and key for their own eyes.

Basically, The Tree Of Life IS SOPHIA, WISDOM. Eve WAS THE TREE OF LIFE.

Father seeds spirit children and this school with freedom. But freedom can lead to abuse and greed and never never land and Peter Pan's lost boys. The Sacred Masculine must join hands with and unite in Equality, and Unconditional Love with the Sacred Mother/Feminine.

The Matrix is the WOMB, we are born in to more grown up souls after passing the tests. The tests are to use our free will to choose to be equal and not let anyone live in poverty. To be Peace, Love, Equality and see through the world.

To be a Family of Love and Goodness.

Eve WAS the tree of life.

So instead, they throw a Burka on her! Put an androgynous gown on the priests and rabbi, and erected obelisks/penis'ss everywhere and BEAT THE WAR DRUMS. Ooops, there goes the way back home.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

Lots of links to the Red Haired mummies here.

www.tribal-celtic-tattoo.com...

www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com...

Michael Tsarion - The Irish Origins of Civilization - 1/6

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I was once in a group and the subject of manual labor came up. One of the feminazis in the group took exception to the fact that working with ones hands is called manual labor. I tried to explain to her that the word "manual" comes from the latin word "manus," which means hand. Everyone has manuses whether male or female, it is gender neutral.

Unfortunately, she, being such an ardent man hater would hear none of it. There is just no reasoning with some people.

I left the group and explained fully why I was doing so. This PC language BS has gone way too far. Get over yourselves.
edit on 22-3-2012 by tankerpilot because: misspelled word

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
let us make man in our image...

This is the biggest clue that the people who started these scripts where non humans who genetically modified us then left this planet...or entered it. AHH now it makes sense.

Based my study of different religions, and ancient writings and "folklore" this makes a lot of sence to me. There may very well be an "ultimate" creator "God" but it seems that perhaps there is also ET"S that were percieved by the the humans of earth as "Gods" and that they came from space and "mated" with earth women, or genetically modified us in some way. The story of Adam and Eve takes on a whole new meaning when you look at it from that perspective. The "apple" was the new DNA or "knowledge" and it was brought to mankind through the vessel of womens bodies to reproduce this new bloodline.

It's facinating the more you look into this subject, I will try and find some interesting things to share in a later post, lol, maybe I will finally figure out how to share links and videos on ATS.

We could speculate all day about why or if women have been "dismissed", "dicriminated against" or at the very least, have had thier "importance" downplayed or re-written in history and religion. I would suggest, yes, they have been, it's quite possible that Mary Magdalin was Jesus's most trusted and valued disiple and his wife. DaVinci's painting of the last supper clearly show's her sitting front and center with him, and her writings have mostly been destroyed and are not included in the New Testament, why?

When you look deeper into the "Witch hunts" it was MUCH bigger then we have been lead to believe, not just a few wacko's in Salem. Women, especially older women were the "keepers" of knowledge, medicine and the "heart" of ancient societies, and for that reason were a "threat" to the "church" and a male dominated system that was taking over power at the time. Many good men, families and villages were also destroyed and murdered if they resisted and wanted to presserve thier customs and beliefs and not accept the "church" as absolute truth.

Fast forward to modern times, strong women are not "murdered" anymore, but they are seen by many to be "bitches" not a far leap from "witches", Women are still seen as either good or bad, whore or saint, a system of "judgement" that does not seem to apply to men in the same way.

Having said all that, I Really Love Men, and I enjoy being a Woman. There's nothing "hotter" than a man that enjoys studying history and discussing "as equals" our thoughts and conclusions from the very special and unique perceptives of our masculine and feminine energies. Men and Women working, living and loving each other is truely a "gift" from God, the creator....lol, I'll do the laundry, if he deals with mowing the lawn...it works

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
These creation myths are one of the reasons I think religion must be false.

Clearly male and female were made at the same time because their parts fit together. If women were an afterthought - why make men with external genitalia?

About "mankind" in general - look what a crappy thing a person is! So many design flaws! Especially the genitals and breasts - you shouldn't have stuff hanging off like that, it creates drag and is dangerous.

Why do birds have retracting genitals? What about fish that can change sex? What about creatures that can reproduce by division?

Why are humans made as they are? Humans are like animals, clearly we once went on all fours.

If you were going to make something 'from the bottom up' - why make it just like an advanced animal?

Surely whoever 'made' us - could've done a MUCH better job! Why can't we FLY? Why didn't this 'all knowing' god foresee that we'd suck up all the oil and ruin the planet - therefor - it'd be better if we could fly. More efficient.

There's so many design flaws with humans, gah. Some "god" made these things? This creator should be fired from the job, humans are not made very well.

And same body structure as other 4 legged things.

The poor design of the human - and that male and female 'parts' fit together - points to evolution from animals, possibly some outside manipulation at the most.

As far as the 'woman' being second and/or lesser and/or is to 'help' the man / he is 'in charge' - IMO this was done to establish a 'pecking order' and it kind of sets up the whole 'Capitalist' style system.

One has 'rule' over another, and yet he too will be ruled. It's a trick against men, to flatter their egos, that 'they too' are like "god" and are "king of the castle" - it's a trick to get them into the 'system' much like Managers will tell one of their sheep it is the 'Supervisor' and 'one of them' - when it's really just a sheep to be used, also.

Apply it today - you get the man thinking 'he's somebody' and 'boss of his woman' - and once he gets saddled with kids - now he has to work for 'the system' - they tricked him into work by ego flattery.

I believe most of the modern Bible translations originated in the Middle Ages - and much of it does seem to reflect systems of serfdom.

It's a load of folk lore mixed with morality tales based off fears and spun in ways to get you working for Da Man.
(Which is another expression that doesn't mean 'men', it means 'The System'. 'The Over Lords'.)

Religion is a load of bunk. All you have to do is look at the crappy design of the human, look at the world and see how much better things could be - yeah - some 'god' made this mess? FAIL.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

LOL, that was really great, and you made some GREAT points actually. It does still fit in though with the theory that primative humans were in someway "changed" by ET's, lmao, maybe they just weren't the "sharpest tools" in the universe?!

Maybe as the Bible and other writings say, there WAS a war between the "God's", and the creation and direction of mankind seems to be an "issue" between them. Maybe some sort of "treaty" was made between them, and even if we are "poorly made mutants" there's something "special" enough about us that ET's seem to continue to moniter us, and try and communicate, crop circles are another thing that has been down played and dilluted, those things MEAN something!

I'm totally in agreement that the gift of flight would have been excellent, although I will tell you as a kid, I was able to fly out of my body at night, lol, but that's a different thread, but it was real, it scared me, and i made it stop, unfortunately. Anyways.....I have kinda a different take on humans, and what makes us "interesting" to ET's.

Humans are tactile, emotional, unpredictable (to a degree), passionate, loving, fun-loving, creative, sexual, we smell, taste, listen in so many COOL ways. We love our kids, our families, our traditions, nature, The BEAUTIFUL Earth. I'm not trying to dis aliens, but my understanding of how they live, very scientific, all look and dress the same, no "outward" genitals ( lol, kinda disagree those were a mistake ) no talking verbally, but in the mind, taking away all the tones and nuiances of someone's special voice, just seems very "clinical" I guess.

Space is cool, very beautiful, but really I don't wanna live anywhere else besides Earth, "Heaven on Earth" works too
Living in space ships, no trees, oceans, animals (at least have never heard any mention of space pets) no flowers, not for me I guess. I am still keeping the faith that the true "God" and creator, responsible for ALL the miracles, sacred geometry, the power of water, and the creation of this Earth KNOWS it is GREATLY appreciated by most of us...and we can do better.....Dear God, please hang in there with us...that's my prayer ♥

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Why is everyone saying theres a war against this person or that person. Birth control shouldnt be free first it costs money to make it and second there is another form of birth control thats already free just dont have sex.

Yeah, good idea. That would really make life worth living.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It was a beautiful summer morning and in the Garden of Eden, the flowers and trees were in bloom, and with the sounds of bees and other insects buzzing, combined with the singing of the garden's resident birds, all should have been well with God's newly created world, but sad to say, the single human resident known to the other creatures as Adam, just wasn't enjoying life as much as he did during his first few months of life.
It happened that God was out for his morning stroll and when he turned to see what the sighing sound was about, he spied Adam sitting on the edge of a large flat rock, lamenting to the garden's resident snake who was sunning himself on the same rock. When God asked Adam why so miserable on such a beautiful day in such a beautiful garden, Adam told him he was suffering from what the snake told him was a deep loneliness, and the only cure was for God to create another human to keep him company.
After a few minutes of deep thought, God told Adam he would indeed create a companion for him, but his new friend would in fact be much more than just a friend. He explained that He would create what would be Adam's opposite in all ways, and would be known as a "Woman". He told Adam that this woman would do anything he asked of her. After explaining what "sex" was all about, God said she would do anything in bed that Adam wanted her to do, and never complain no matter what it was. When not doing his bidding, she would simply sit at Adam's feet, and speak only when spoken to! She would cook, clean and do his laundry, and still never complain about anything.
Adam couldn't believe his good fortune, but then God told him there was a price for all this...an arm and a leg! He thought on this having to give up an arm and a leg, but then another thought popped into his head....he looked up at God and asked "What would I get for a rib?" The rest is history!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don't need to read the thread to have an idea of the responses, so I'll reply to the OP.

Man does not refer to male gender, it refers to the entire human race. Bible 101 in fact. Good you asked. The words man and men in the English language have multiple meanings. The rest is just silly people looking for another reason to hate or people lacking ethics and morality trying to stir up divisiveness and hate.

Hopefully this is not part of Obama's latest hate ploy to incited women with false propaganda? Or, a part of his assault on religious freedom? Obama's groupies have their marching orders for this campaigns propaganda and lies to manipulate people with falsehoods. He's after the college age girls who don't know any better or have much knowledge of the world around them. Without that vote he looses. I expect lots of this type of topic.

Although this thread is a great litmus test of peoples ethics and how bigoted they are.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's really more complicated than that. The degradation of women is incorporated in Genesis, and women have been oppressed and objectified for thousands of years, because of religion. There is no denying this fact

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

That was funny!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Hi Azadok:

You wrote

“Genesis 5:1 starts the Beneology of Adam - no Creations - just a family tree -

I don't know what bible you are reading from but it is not one I ever read.

The lie of the churches is that their are Two Creation stories explaining one Creation.

The post I made earlier explains the truth of this without the fairy tales of other books.”

I’m not sure what a ‘Beneology’ is exactly ; it is neither 1st century Koine Greek nor Latin nor paleo-Hebrew nor Aramaic or even modern English – and I am fluent in all these languages.

Perhaps you meant to write : ‘TOLEDOTH’ (lit. ‘generations’)?

Either way, check your King James mis-translations again, and you will see that the Toledoth in Bereshth begins at 5:1 with a brief introductory statement which you cannot read in the Hebrew:

Verses which I shall translate for you here which are preserved in the Masoretic text:

QUOTE: GEN 5:1-2

This [is] the book of the Toledoth of Adam, in the day when ELOHIM created Adam in the likeness of ELOHIM he made him - Male AND female created he THEM and he blessed THEM and called THEIR name Adam, in the day when THEY were created.”

UNQUOTE

You know. Male AND Female created he them in his own image and he called THEIR name Adam. No Chavvah or 'Eve', no serpent and no rib is known by this writer of the 1st Myth of Creation found in Genesis 1:1 - 2:4a and 5:1 ff.

And you claim these verses (5:1 and 5:2) are both NOT in you copy of the Torah?

Why is that, do you think?

Could it be that someone came along and took a pair of SCISSORS to your warped translation so you could not read your bad translation even in English ?

As for the text I am quoting, typically most scholars START with the 10th century Masoretic texst which is expressed in vowelled-pointed PaleoHebrew (from c. 980 CE) when discussing ADAM in the PLURAL e.g. Gen 5:1-2 but obviously you cannot even read paleoHebrew or you would have known this.

Other scholars use the Dead Sea Scrolls Hebrew consonantal textual Vorlage (or “original Hebrew text underlay” ) which lay at the bottom of the later Greek translations of the Septuaginta (LXX) found in cave 4 at Qumran (c. 250 BCE) or the Hebrew textual reconstructed Vorlage Underaly to the later Greek translation of Symmachus or Theodotion or Aquilla.

You would have to have a working knowledge of 1st century Koine Greek to be able to translate Symmachus or Aquilla or Theodotion and also a working knowledge of 6th century paleoHebrew to do the appropriate re-translations into their respective Vorlagen.

Obviously you cannot read the texts in their original Hebrew or you would know very very very very well what Gen 5:1-2 says.

No go and get your bible, and open it to Gen 5:1 and 5:2.

Now very carefully read the words in your miserable American English translation that you see there over and over and over and over again.

Then dare to tell me those verses are NOT there.

Otherwise, you are just making yourself out to be another Silly Person on ATS who is too lazy to even read a translation in front of them before they spout their jejune nonsense to thinking persons on this threadlet.

Sheesh !!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

It's really more complicated than that. The degradation of women is incorporated in Genesis, and women have been oppressed and objectified for thousands of years, because of religion. There is no denying this fact

Yes, if you want to go back a few decades in the US or go to say the Middle East it is relevent to today. Otherwise it's just people wanting special treatment.

I spend all day long talking to business owners and managers and I assure you women have found their place in our society. There will always be bigots among us, but the current round of insanity is just pure political crappola.

The fake Race Card failed so now we have the equally fake Gender Card. Divide and conquer. Sadly angry people play along due to their own bigotry.
edit on 3/22/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I don't know why, but here we are still having the same arguments that many thought were settled back in the '40's. '60's and finally the '70's. Rick Santorum and the Catholic Church want to force 13 year old rape victims to bare these children, as god's weird gift!!!!!!

Woman's rights? This is an argument that has in no way been resolved.
edit on 22-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The God or "Us" is actually a group of women. There, that makes sense. All the gods are women, and that is the big secret!
Why do you think men have nipples?
It is to humiliate and feminize us.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

man....short for human....read between the lines sheesh

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join