It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help explain X-Ray of the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is supposedly an x-ray picture of the moon from 1996.
Can anyone explain why half of it seems empty or why one side is bright the other dark?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

Everything is made out of photons, and this is a duality matrix universe.

Photons/Light and the Shadow.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Most likely, you're seeing increased radiation from the sun being both absorbed and reflected back.

The dark part is not exposed to the sun, so it's likely not going to emit the same type of radiation or signature in an xray.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
*Adjusts tin foil beanie*
It's because the way that the bases would reflect a hard to photoshop image that wouldn't be easily taken apart by The Experts...
So THEY blocked it out so completely!...

could be the photon thing too....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'd like some background of where this image comes from, there could be several explanations to describe what is going on, two of which I think I can help to explain.

One, Could be simply the solar wind imaged from the side, it is obviously only going to approach half of the moon.

Two, maybe more obscure is the lunar makeup differs from the side that faces us from the other side. This occurred when the moon (and earth) were young, and closer together, pulling (I'm speculating here) the materials that show up more in x-ray than the composition of the other side, mostly the large dark mare we see, which is geologically different than vast regions on the other side due to the greater tidal forces at play then. The gravitational pull from the earth surfaced more of the molten minerals to the side facing us.

Here it simply states it is the sunlit side. With more digging I can find the spectrographic images that show the difference from side to side I was speaking of in my second hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
apod.nasa.gov...

This is why,

Im getting tired of these threads.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Its a half moon. The moon emits no X-rays so you will only see the portions the sun is shining on.

top topics

join