It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claiming the Ascended Masters for Your Own

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

1. Christianity as it were based on the life of Christ is not Roman and did not begin as such. It is not particularly strange that the Roman political society would have their minds on control and not on freedom for the people. Roman society worshiped many gods and were allowed to as long as they bowed to Caesar. The message of the cross was sent to Rome by Jesus in Paul whereas the event of the cross that took place was kept rather quiet by Pontius as it were deemed an interfaith matter.

Jesus raising from the grave did have an immense impact. If he had not who would have burned at the stake for faith by Nero, or been fed to starved animals in the Colosseum, or hanged upside down on a cross for faith and freedom? If it had just been twelve men perhaps that would have been one thing but for hundreds, even thousands to die for faith is true evidence that there was a huge, undeniable impact unlike any ever before of since. Christ is risen despite there being no found accounts by a roman historian who really would have been rather far removed from the situation to begin with but faith still came and overturned the empire.

Also, Thomas didn't place his fingers inside the wounds of a spirits hands. Bible reading and believing Christians don't agree with the Nicolaitans.

2. How are we separated if not by sin? What sinner can save himself once he is guilty and must plead that way at judgment? I'm not talking about religion. I'm talking about a relationship with God according to God. If He exists then He has made himself known and we must find Him there where He is. Relativism, whatever brand you ascribe too, still dictates that what you feel is right doesn't make it so for others who believe differently and is therefore not of Truth. And although the doctrines of men have changed, Christ and his message have not. Do not blame God for the shortcomings of men. Judge Christianity on Christ.

3.Can one judge beliefs based on the premises provided to support those beliefs? Can one judge validity and reliability based on those premises supporting a belief system? And if those premises ie foundations are weak and unfounded what then? Are they still true or valid or worth building upon?

There is a duality at work: Godliness and Worldliness. One way is objective, true, and stable while the other is relative, emotional, and lusts unto self-serving philosophies built on sand.

4,5. Knowledge puffs itself up but love is kind and good and gentle for God is love and only God is good and we know his love because in His grace He has offered us a better way than salvation through works by giving us His son to die for our sins that through faith in him we might be saved. You don't have to believe the truth according to the Word of God in Christ (and not of my own word) but no man will boast before God at judgment about having saved himself. We are all guilty, and have all come short of the glory of God. God does not respect sin nor is he respecter of any sinful man. We need forgiveness and it has been offered once and for all by grace through faith in the very work of God accomplished in Jesus. There is none like our Lord and at this very moment according to our Father's immense love for us we no longer have to work for righteousness but is imparted unto us because of faith.

6. If God is absolute then the only growth that matters is growth in Him thus making the path an absolute one according to Him in truth and love. If God is absolutely love then how else do we know our Father's love and grace apart from the ultimate sacrifice He Himself made in giving us His son to die for our sins, redeeming us from the second death by faith even in Himself?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

And with all due respect, the fear of God is the beginning of knowledge. And true discipleship hangs on the two greatest laws God has ordained, again to love God above all else, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.

The two greatest laws: love God, and love our neighbors. It has nothing to do with fear.
Lose the fear, HeF, and you are that much closer.

Perhaps you should take notes of Solomon lest you count yourself wiser than he
. Nevertheless, the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. However, there is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. For God is love and in this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

There is no fear in the faith of Christ. Apart from him, I cannot say but that there is a certain fearful looking for of judgment. Let us draw nigh unto Him in love that we both may be closer to Him now than ever before

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's been a long time since I saw him, but after seeing in news articles what men wear in Pakistan, I thought I'd try to identify his hat. It looks something like this, only darker brown:

Pakol
"The Pakol also spelled Pakul or Khapol, from Nurestan is a soft, round-topped men's hat, typically of wool and found in any of a variety of earthy colors: brown, black, gray, or ivory. Before it is fitted, it resembles a bag with a round, flat bottom. The wearer rolls up the sides nearly to the top, forming a thick band, which then rests on the head like a beret or cap. It is seen as a hat of the Pashtun people.
The hat may have originated in the Nurestan. However, its ancestor is perhaps the remarkably similar ancient Macedonian kausia.[1] It gained popularity amongst the northeastern Pashtun tribes and the Tajiks of Panjsher and Badakhshan. It is also worn by many in Pakistan."

Kausia
"A kausia (Ancient Greek: καυσία[1]) was an ancient Macedonian flat hat which was worn during the Hellenistic period but perhaps even before the time of Alexander the Great[2] and was also used in lion hunting[citation needed] and as a protection against the sun by the poorer classes in Rome.[3]
Depictions of the kausia can be found on a variety of coins and statues found from the Mediterranean to the Greco-Bactrian kingdom and the Indo-Greeks in northwestern India. A modern descendant of the hat may be the pakul, a men's hat from the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan."

Two 4th and 3rd century BC terracotta statues from Athens depicting ancient Macedonians wearing the kausia.

It probably doesn't make much difference what kind of hat he wore. Just an interesting trivia.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
You got that part right. At least we agree on something.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

How many great minds, ascended masters have we missed because most of the world can't get past a book telling them how to think?

Personally, I don't consider ascended masters true 'masters'...true masters are DESCENDED masters...humbly and invisibly serving their brother man not for the sake of being recognized or even aware of self as a 'master.' They serve out of love....these are Bodhi's....they don't seek enlightenment for what they might gain from it, whether it be esoteric knowledge or self-recognition or even release from the great churning wheel...the seek enlightenment for the sole sake of being a light in the dark...of sharing that light so that all are enlightened sooner and easier and with more happiness in the journey...the idea of ascended master gives me the impression of one who is still, even if just the tiniest shred, self-oriented/selfish/ego driven...I don't see how true and total enlightenment would coincide with a complacent type of attitude that says..."You made it to the top of the mountain! Now you can sit and rest and watch everyone as they continue to climb up to your height!"

I see the true master as one who makes it to the peak, takes a quick look around to make sure there is nothing left to climb...and then scrambles back down to the valley without delay...ready to accompany someone else..to help, guide, maybe suggest but never direct or command....to the top for themselves...then scramble back down for the next!

But that is just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Well thats a different way of using the term. Descended Masters implies regression, or a shrinking of soul consciousness, ie this would immediately mean the bullies that are demigods in the system, that didn't come into the testing grounds and work to grow even greater Love/Understanding, their Soul Orbs bigger, but instead take advantage of those trying to do so. Like the annanuki! And the Shadow side.

However, those who grow their Love bigger, are very very humble. God/Goodness/Family is not about pyramids, or throne throne, Lord Lord, though TPTB have corrupted truth and Love in spiritual belief's.

Those with great Love see all as equal, for even though they are in different grades, they are equal in potential and in their infinite souls, Future soul size/Love. They see the smallest as the greatest and would come in, rolling up their sleeves to go to the trenches and help the needy.

I agree fully on this, if by this concept you mean descended.

I've been using the burn and dodge tools from the gimp which is like photoshop, to reveal alot of darkside or shadow side faces in night time photos, NASA photos, clouds even have faces and eyes, mountains do. We're in such a strange landscape where different channels bleed in especially in an absence of Light.

Now before sleeping each night I pray for the happiness, and growth, and recovery of all lost beings/souls/entities, that all are surrounded with healing light and energy, are profoundly healed within and taken to areas where they will encounter Love and Growth and that is right for their frequency and level, but good and healing.

For without healing there is no true free will and insanity needs to be helped.

We also need to bear in mind that many ceremonies, rituals within religions, within occult, probably even the coding in our medicines and computer programs are link ups, to entities above, giving them not only access but TPTB are handing us to them as their property. And no its not legal, its an abuse of cosmic law and distortion, and I believe Family is springing all the traps.

But, even more emphasis needs to be put on being pure in our inner work, to see the Love and Light in our faiths, if we are religious, use discernment to ignore the bad directives, don't follow them, find within our hearts and souls the help and guidance we need to purify and shine up our dull spots, and basically have clear connection to only our souls and our true Source/Creator.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hey Queenannie! It's been ages since we've been on the same thread.

I see the true master as one who makes it to the peak, takes a quick look around to make sure there is nothing left to climb...and then scrambles back down to the valley without delay...ready to accompany someone else..to help, guide, maybe suggest but never direct or command....to the top for themselves...then scramble back down for the next!

But that is just my opinion.

Your opinion meshes with my own. A wise man once said, "the first shall be last, and the last shall be first", and even told a parable about how shocking it is when the servant ends up at the head of the table. I love it!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! And even the very idea of calling one's self a descended master regardless of what others might think...not caring what the opinion is..of others...but only what the effect is of one's self on others with whom one interacts, and serves...that's a true devotion and it can only go along with a pure heart...which is, like you said, in your own way, the necessity for anyone doing personal or traditional praxis or whatever...

But something the world has not yet tuned into in a fully conscious fashion is that we can either let our symbols have power over us...or we can take charge of our symbols as well as our intention...the first one is what is traditionally called 'idolatry' and it is the means by which enslavement insidiously takes hold of a society...and the latter is freedom...and power...not the love of power but the power of love!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hello my brother! I was very glad to see you on this thread...I haven't been around ATS for quite some time, over a year, at least...and I'm happy to have already seen a few beloved and remembered faces...some with still the same avatar, even! LOL

I was thinking of that same wise man you mention...I can't imagine him saying, himself, that he was a master of any sort! Just a servant and nothing more...'for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book'

Sayings like:
LOVE your neighbor
LOVE your ENEMY!
Judge not!
Fear not!
Feed the hungry...visit the lonely...laugh and sing with the rest.....

(yeah, that last part I added...I didn't make it up...I think someone forgot to put that part in there!)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

On the avatar: that's probably going to remain for awhile. Amazing how just 3 years of aging have rendered me quite the opposite of photogenic. You should see may last drivers licence! Nah! My granddaughter has faired better.

I was thinking of that same wise man you mention...I can't imagine him saying, himself, that he was a master of any sort! Just a servant and nothing more...'for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book'

I agree with the sentiment you express, and maybe you were quoting at random, but no. Nowhere in the book of Revelation do I find the same Jesus. Even at the surprise removal of the mask, when the actor says, "I am your fellow servant", he puts it back on and claims to be Alpha and Omega, and pronounces curses. (see Rev. 22:18,19)

I feel sorry for the author of Revelation, his city was sacked by the empire. Out of shock and despair he had that vision as if it were a grand pageant. The "happy ending" he saw was the utter destruction of the empire, from ruler to slave, millions of people. And the feverish dream of World domination by Jerusalem which was the inspiration for the rebellion against Rome that resulted in the destruction of Jerusalem ends up becoming real through divine intervention thus justifying the rebellion in the first place. No, I can't see it.

I have no place in a holy city that rests on ashes and burnt bones of many peoples considered unworthy.

"If you read it as John intended, you think, 'God is on our side; we of course are on the side of good,' " she says. "Now we could be Lutherans fighting against the Catholic Church, we could be Catholics fighting against Lutherans. ... What I found so remarkable is the way that people on both sides of a conflict could read that same book against each other."
Book Of Revelation: 'Visions, Prophecy And Politics' an interview of Elaine H. Pagels by Terry Gross on NPR

It's the author of Revelation who portrays Jesus in this way. A mis-representation. If people reject this image of Jesus, then good.

Sorry, I didn't want to get preachy but I considered the possibility that you threw that out as a test. I've got deep seated reasons to reject Revelation as a 'good book'.

LOVE your neighbor
LOVE your ENEMY!
Judge not!
Fear not!
Feed the hungry...visit the lonely...laugh and sing with the rest.....
(yeah, that last part I added...I didn't make it up...I think someone forgot to put that part in there!)

Yes, indeed! There is a couplet somewhere that mentions mourning with those who mourn and dancing with those who have reason to dance.
edit on 1-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Why is it that religions spring up around these ascended masters? The tragic consequences are there for everyone to see. Suddenly, something that was meant to be an oral tradition that grows and changes as people and society does - becomes and unchangeable book of dogmatic monotheism. What? Perhaps, for control? To modify and adapt new movements that spring up in the larger population maybe?

How many great minds, ascended masters have we missed because most of the world can't get past a book telling them how to think?

The thread seems to have gotten a little bit side-tracked by a Christian wanting sole arbitration over who is or isn't helped by Jesus. Maybe we can get back to the concept of ascended masters.

According to wikipedia, the very terminology ascended masters derives from Theosophy in the 1930s. Which means that it is a religious concept from the get-go. Then certain people (enlightened ones) were assigned positions by the religious people making up the religions. As an example of religious bickering about who fills what slot in the hierarchy:

It is believed by Ascended Master Teachings organizations that the Master Jesus was "Chohan of the Sixth Ray" until December 31, 1959, when, according to Elizabeth Clare Prophet, Lady Master Nada fully took on that Office in the Spiritual Hierarchy. According to Prophet, Jesus became World Teacher, along with Kuthumi, on January 1, 1956, succeeding Maitreya, who took the Office of "Planetary Buddha" and "Cosmic Christ".[27][28] This belief is not accepted by adherents of traditional Theosophy and the followers of Alice A. Bailey and Benjamin Creme - they believe that the Master Jesus is still the Chohan of the Sixth Ray and that Maitreya is still the World Teacher.
en.wikipedia.org...

You have asked why.

I would say that more than anything else it is control. The people who want to control society, insert those people who represent revolutionary ways of looking at life, the universe, and how people should and can interact for the betterment of the World into their own controlled system, thus neutering the person they claim to honor. Damned through praise as it were. I will share with you a poem I wrote circa 1995.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't Worry

We will be Free

That prophet will be gone some day,
then we'll be free
to go our own way,
forgetting what he had to say.

Once we've forgotten
everything but his name,
then we'll be free
to proclaim his fame.

If in our rhetoric
we can keep him shod,
then we'll be free
to call him our God.

copyright 1995 by Pthena
--------------------------------------------------------------

In recent times, I've seen the same neutering through "deification" happen to Martin Luther King Jr. Everyone must revere him, yet don't listen to his anti-war speech Beyond Vietnam. Let's all just pretend that everything has already worked out the way he thought it should.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
You got that part right. At least we agree on something.

I'm glad too though the point be that worldly knowledge puffs itself up unto vainglory and the emotions easily offended. Knowledge in spirit and truth lends itself to peace and the love is not easily offended. Who then is a true instructor and guider of the wise in spirit if not God himself where He has made His will to us known?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Who then is a true instructor and guider of the wise in spirit if not God himself where He has made His will to us known?

God alone. The Divine alone is the instructor, and the indwelling spirit that connects us with the Divine.
No priest, no bishop or pope or President or pastor or vicar or preacher can tell us how to live. Only the indwelling Divine.

Namaste, HeF

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Who then is a true instructor and guider of the wise in spirit if not God himself where He has made His will to us known?

God alone. The Divine alone is the instructor, and the indwelling spirit that connects us with the Divine.
No priest, no bishop or pope or President or pastor or vicar or preacher can tell us how to live. Only the indwelling Divine.

Namaste, HeF

Does Light dwell with darkness, can the Holy Spirit indwell and stay along with the spirit of sin?

If no, then by whom does mankind look to for the receiving of the Holy Spirit in Love and truth if we are all sinners?

How are we made righteous in the eyes of a God who refuses sin that we may be prepared and ready for the receiving of His Holy Spirit?
edit on 2-4-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Oh no, I wasn't testing you in any way...just replying with the thoughts that came to mind according to the context of the discussion!
I'm not one to test anyone...it's not my way...or desire.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Does Light dwell with darkness, can the Holy Spirit indwell and stay along with the spirit of sin?

If no, then by whom does mankind look to for the receiving of the Holy Spirit in Love and truth if we are all sinners?

How are we made righteous in the eyes of a God who refuses sin that we may be prepared and ready for the receiving of His Holy Spirit?

The flesh (mortal body) is prone to lust, coveting, anger.....the spirit (higher self) lies within as well, and strives to train the mortal eye/brain toward the Divine reality of which we are all part.
We already have the Holy Spirit. There is no "ready" about it.
We are born with it.
Our task is to learn to master the 'mortal' and look to the Divine for our rest and freedom.

I suggest you read The Varieties of Religous Experience: A Study in Human Nature (google it....I've already posted links to it) by William James. Brilliant treatise on the differences in natural temperament (optimistic or melancholy), and how there are 'religious sects (and/or cults)' that suit both.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The flesh (mortal body) is prone to lust, coveting, anger.....the spirit (higher self) lies within as well, and strives to train the mortal eye/brain toward the Divine reality of which we are all part.
We already have the Holy Spirit. There is no "ready" about it.
We are born with it.
Our task is to learn to master the 'mortal' and look to the Divine for our rest and freedom.

I suggest you read The Varieties of Religous Experience: A Study in Human Nature (google it....I've already posted links to it) by William James. Brilliant treatise on the differences in natural temperament (optimistic or melancholy), and how there are 'religious sects (and/or cults)' that suit both.

I don't believe mankind knows Love apart from God. What we as natural beings call love is rooted in the laws of nature being selfish self-preservation. Christ sacrificed himself in a manner unknown to the sinful nature, and dead men don't rise from the grave unless the Divine reality is that God so loved the world He gave His only son that whosoever would believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life.

Listen to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 saying, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. "

I understand you don't believe in Jesus or in the Divine reality that we are all sinners and thus need a savior but my point by the above is that God has made a way and to deny that way is to deny God and His Holy Spirit of Love for the sake of pride. If everything about Christ is true and he is risen then to deny the Love of our God in such a Divine reality is to deny the Holy Spirit of God's love to us unfeigned.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Christ wasn't the only God who claims a return from death.

Osiris rose from death not once but twice! Though in his second resurrection he was reborn into the god Horus.

Other gods include Mithra, Krishna, and Dionysus. All these reference much older sources and Jesus reflects these gods in the current anthropomorphized composite of Christ. It's the same old mythologies wrapped in the new religious package.

It was a logical conclusion to the story anyhow. Christ was suppose to have came into the world by miraculous/magickal means, thus they have to take him out of the world in much the same manner.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Christ wasn't the only God who claims a return from death.

Christ is the only one with the history to prove it. The logic behind thousands turning from the human nature to die for an apparent dead man speaks to only one truth, that He is alive. Othesr can claim it, only Christ has proven and still proves it even to today through the faith that was wrought in his people by the apostles and disciples and martyrs.

Osiris rose from death not once but twice! Though in his second resurrection he was reborn into the god Horus.
You would believe this without Spirit or History but not Christ?
oh well.

Other gods include Mithra, Krishna, and Dionysus. All these reference much older sources and Jesus reflects these gods in the current anthropomorphized composite of Christ. It's the same old mythologies wrapped in the new religious package.
Unless in the beginning God. And through His Holy Spirit revealed to godly men his plan for salvation in a perfect sacrifice for sins. Many men have wanted to be God making themselves out to be God but are still yet in the grave. Many of those god's you list too could be argued as being the fallen angels but I wont go there
. Anyways, they are not God and are not Christ who also was in the beginning with the Father. The slightest of parallels in spite of having real evidence or following after death in no way makes them equal to God or His son; not in Spirit or in truth but I know you will believe according to what makes you feel good about your own knowledge and not about grace and our Father's gift although I would that you see it. Again, oh well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Many of those god's you list too could be argued as being the fallen angels but I wont go there . Anyways, they are not God and are not Christ who also was in the beginning with the Father. The slightest of parallels in spite of having real evidence or following after death in no way makes them equal to God or His son;

I'm just randomly choosing your post to respond to here, not least of the reasons being that you are a Christian. This thread was started by the OP in the spirit of interfaith dialogue. I happen to be researching into interfaith council and committees and such things.

The Christian message as articulated by the National Council of Churches:

The National Council of Churches is a community of Christian communions, which, in response to the gospel as revealed in the Scriptures, confess Jesus Christ, the incarnate Word of God, as Savior and Lord.

These communions covenant with one another to manifest ever more fully the unity of the Church.

Relying upon the transforming power of the Holy Spirit, the communions come together as the Council in common mission, serving in all creation to the glory of God."
--from the Preamble to the NCC Constitution
National Council of Churches Interfaith Relations Commission Handbook pg 3

The question of the gods and their relationship to God(the highest) is addressed in an essay by Gerald R. McDermott, to the AAR(American Academy of Religion) Special Topics Forum in Washington, DC, 2006, entitled Gods, Principalities and Powers in the Bible: Implications for
Christian Theology of the Religions

Although McDermott has set out the groundwork concerning bronze-age and early iron age gods, he has failed to make the logical, and I think necessary jump to discover the relationship between God(the highest), Jesus, the other gods, and us today. His mistake is in not recognizing Yahweh as merely one of the old tribal gods, and assuming that he is God(the Highest). This is the mistake that has plagued Christian Orthodoxy, and through that the whole world for many centuries. That was completely unnecessary.

You may read McDermott's paper in order to determine what I am responding to.
1) A poet once wrote a mythological view of the pantheon:

1 God presides in the great assembly.
He judges among the gods.

2 “How long will you judge unjustly,
and show partiality to the wicked?”

Selah.

3 “Defend the weak, the poor, and the fatherless.
Maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

4 Rescue the weak and needy.
Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.”

5 They don’t know, neither do they understand.
They walk back and forth in darkness.
All the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6 I said, “You are gods,
all of you are sons of the Most High.

7 Nevertheless you shall die like men,
and fall like one of the rulers.”

8 Arise, God, judge the earth,
for you inherit all of the nations.

-- Psalm 82, WEB

The God over all the gods is not named, He is the ultimate ruler of the gods. The old bronze age gods were tribal gods, not interested in actual justice whenever it came to their own human tribes warring with other tribes. Tribalism trumped justice.

2) What actually is the Christian message?

5 Have this in your mind, which was also in Christ Jesus,

6 who, existing in the form of God,
didn’t consider equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied himself,
taking the form of a servant,
being made in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself,
becoming obedient to death, yes, the death of the cross.

9 Therefore God also highly exalted him,
and gave to him the name which is above every name;
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

- Philippians 2, WEB

The Greek gods have already retired from petty tribalism, and are in subjection to a universal view of the World and humanity. Which of the tribal gods is actually still maintaining that he is one and only? Yahweh, the tribal god of Judah, that's who.

Judaic monotheism is not a universal monotheism, it is still tribal. It still maintains that a tribal deity has conquered the World for his own tribe to rule. That's not Christian. Compare Philippians 2 quoted above and the statement of NCC quoted above with Isaiah 44:6 and Isaiah 45:23.

Ask yourself which of the gods has not yet submitted to the superiority of the One and of His Christ.
edit on 3-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join