It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARTHQUAKES!! 188 or HAARP? Somethings up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Okay so like a week ago I see a 188 cycle thread predicting an earthquake. I blew it off and figured it would be yet another failed prediction. When I saw on drudge a EQ in Mexico I started being a little more opened minded. Then I see this www.infowars.com...
Mexico doing a drill for the same size EQ at the same time?!?!? Okay somethings up. Either HAARP and they are doing experiments. Or they figured out this "cycle" better than anyone one here and have it down to where the EQ is going to be. For some reason don't tell us they know about it, but are trying to still protect us. Idk, i'm starting to actually think this is HAARP. Dang, I didn't think i believed HAARP was actually capable of this. Not sure what I know anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
6.9 in Papua New Guinea just now...
However I still don't think the cycle has to do with anything..
edit on 21-3-2012 by WatcherMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbvh27
Idk, i'm starting to actually think this is HAARP. Dang, I didn't think i believed HAARP was actually capable of this. Not sure what I know anymore.

HAARP isn't capable of this and you need to make sure that you review the actual facts about HAARP and its capablities and not what the conspiracy theorists think they know.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
HAARP is to Protect people from this mass object heading in, from all the damage its going to cause, its like a relaxent, just makes it less intense for as long as it can untill their plans are done. haarps trying to help

just my thought

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What's everyones explaination for Mexico running a drill for the EQ when it hit?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cbvh27

To play devil's advocate a little here, what about the other perfectly normal days that drills of all kinds for disasters of all descriptions are going on somewhere in the world? This one happened to occur at the same time as the real thing. Law of averages?

It makes more sense than thinking the number of people who would have had something to do with a successful prediction system could all keep it silent for any length of time.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Why even guess the exact magnitude of the EQ in the drill?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cbvh27

The earthquake was a 7.4.
That is substantially less than a 7.9.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrSeaquest

7.9 seems to be a popular magnitude for earthquake preparedness drills.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.facebook.com...
www.thecorsaironline.com...
www.marion.va.gov...
www.utahcountyonline.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by cbvh27

The earthquake was a 7.4.
That is substantially less than a 7.9.

Substantial? It's a decent amount but its still in the same "Serious" level in the Richter Magnitude scale (7.0-7.9). Its a 6% difference.

0 Deaths recorded because of a coincidence right

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dymiox

Yes, both are strong earthquakes. But...it's a logarithmic scale.
A 7.9 is 5.623 times stronger than a 7.4. That would be 562% stronger. Substantial.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 3/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If I might add something... I was sitting here and listening to Fox News when they broke the coverage and reported it as a 7.9 in Strength before cutting to commercial. They came back later with 7.6. In looking at coverage I also found a Tweet out of Reuters initially putting it at 7.9 as well. That should still be around at Breakingnews com if someone wants to dig for it..but apparently there was some basis for people first saying that... Hmm... Coincidence about the numbers to be sure.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
HAARP is to Protect people from this mass object heading in, from all the damage its going to cause, its like a relaxent, just makes it less intense for as long as it can untill their plans are done. haarps trying to help

just my thought

HAARP is actually something that studies the ionosphere... i fight with people on youtube all the time... people on here are a little smarter than people on youtube and i cant find a good fight about HAARP

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That does seem suspicious but in my observation most initial reports end up changed, usually it's a downgrade. I think this is just an eerie coincidence.

If we look at the history of our earth, the story that emerges is one of slow gradual major and minor change punctuated by periods of clear dramatic changes occasionally taking place in a relatively short amount of time as compared to the usual time frame. If we are in a period of sudden dramatic change, it may seem freaky and even artificial to us from our limited perspective and experience and that of the closer preceding generations. But look back in our recorded history and in the fossil record and archaeological evidence: what we are going through is still relatively calm and minor compared to what earlier ancestors and other life forms witnessed and endured in their day. And that was way before HAARP or the LHC. Something took out the dinosaurs and something flash froze the mammoths and it wasn't HAARP or LHC or one of Tesla's toys. There is no reason to assume natural forces are out of the equation just yet, when historical evidence is so strong.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cbvh27

there have been a HUGE amount of earthquakes in mexico this year which is why they decided to have a drill because they expected a big one eventually. i think it was a coincidence that the drill fell on the day the big one hit but since they had been having so many it wasn't a very strange coincidence.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cbvh27

Well, then "they" must not be letting Obama in on it.

Otherwise, please explain why he would have let his daughter go on vacation down there at the same time? Shouldn't they all have been huddled together miles underneath DIA?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cbvh27

Then I see this www.infowars.com... Mexico doing a drill for the same size EQ at the same time

Don't take this the wrong way, but infowars isn't what one would call the best source. Alex Jones is all I am going to say.

top topics

join