It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney's big day marred by Etch A Sketch remark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney's senior campaign adviser, was asked in a CNN interview Wednesday morning whether the former Massachusetts governor had been forced to adopt conservative positions in the rugged race that could hurt his standing with moderates in November's general election. "I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes," Fehrnstrom responded. "It's almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up, and we start all over again."

Now that's going to hurt him. I've been calling him a flip-flopper the whole time, but to hear his campaign adviser admit that its their strategy paints the perfect picture. This man will say whatever he needs to get in office if he gets there though who knows what will happen certainly nothing good. This is just to much three of the nominees for the GOP are the same way, and the one that could probably make some good changes will never be allowed to win. I think everybody needs to pray, because by the end of the year who knows what condition this country will be in.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
SO SURPRISED

The level of surprise is through the roof.

I really hope this gets Santorum more votes.

He's not a flip flopper at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
SO SURPRISED

If Paul doesn't run 3rd party or get on the ticket, I will vote for Obama before I vote for Romney or Santorum. Those two clowns are no better than the current clown in charge, why change a happy clown for a sad clown, or an angry clown?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Mitt Romney for FEDERAL MANDATE 2009:

And this goes back to what I've been saying. OBAMCARE IS A REPUBLICAN PLAN. It was their solution to a public option that most liberals wanted. Even by the polling at the time, majority of Americans were in favor of a public option.

Obama passed GOP healthcare....and they all voted against it!!!
edit on 21-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
america is in great shape, obama or romney.

i have a feeling romney will make bush jr seem like the greatest president of all time.

it's time to batten down the hatches, put your life jackets on and pray for the best.

or call in a broken arrow on your position, because america is $#%@.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thought the Paul followers were Ron Paul or revolution... I'd rather have revolution than more Obama, please don't let me down.

Don't get me wrong, the repubs make me sick, I voted for Obama last time... But he has continued following the bush policies... Signed ndaa.... And now I don't know who to turn to...

I like regulations.. Less lead in my paint please... But I like freedom... Mmm extra lead is tasty...

I'm ready for revolution, better than serfdom...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

But hey, he got an endorsement from Jeb Bush:
Jeb Bush endorses Mitt Romney

But you gotta love the throwaway:

“He’s lost any hope that we’ll have anyone better,” said one senior Republican operative about Bush’s decision to endorse Romney. Added another veteran Republican strategist who occasionally talks to Bush: “I know he wanted to see someone earn it and he had some early foibles with Mitt.”

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
SO SURPRISED

If Paul doesn't run 3rd party or get on the ticket, I will vote for Obama before I vote for Romney or Santorum. Those two clowns are no better than the current clown in charge, why change a happy clown for a sad clown, or an angry clown?

I will be voting Paul no matter what. Not on the "ticket"? Theres the write in option then.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for and giving your CONSENT to evil. Even if in the end its nothing more than a symbolic gesture, Ron Paul will get my vote.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Same here I'll write Ron Paul in before I vote for any of those other imbeciles.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

We already knew, well some of us did, that this was Romney strategy all along. Cater to the right to get the nomination...then act as if he's in the middle to get the moderates.

Romney's only true belief system is money. That's it. He doesn't care about workers or American jobs....and he certainly doesn't care about their wages. He cares about making money and how he can get all of his Wall Street buddies more money.

“We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace-business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering. They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs.

We know that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob. Never before in history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hatred for me - and I welcome their hatred." - FDR
edit on 21-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Romney, is nothing but the next horn, on the current head that keeps the military industrial complex going.

He should feel lucky that he has gotten this far. As I have seen absolutely nothing new that this man intends to do for America, but more debt, more war, and the same candy azz tacticts that the last two baboons have done.

Keep smiling Romney, that is the only thing you have going for yourself

new topics

top topics

join