It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hulu Commercials are brutally honest [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
checking my rss feed, i read a few articles from The Volokh Conspiracy and stumbled across this: Hulu Commercials are Brutally Honest

it's a spoof commercial about how they're part of an evil plot to keep us dumb and addicted to tv. i think it's a gem of truth in a pile of lies.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
its like alot of films from 3rd encounters of the third kind to star wars to god knows what! they put it out there so as not to be called liars, love the one with Denis Leary the frickin reptile lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Oh man it's so true. After hearing that story yesterday about that girl who walked right of a dock while texting this commercial is bang on. I've been in a deli and I was the only person sitting in there not texting, talking, tweeting, gaming, or watching TV.I don't feel like I'm on the same planet any more. It's pure mind control what's going on and they are laughing about it right in our faces and now obviously showing us they know and making fun of it and we just laugh. Scary games are being played folks.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
To be honest I respect the fact there being honest about it all

Yip, we make a living off your attention and were basicaly gonna examine your brains to find out what keeps you addicted to media to suit ourselves.

Sounds good to me, I like TV, I HATE ADVERTS WITH A BURNING PASSION.

But I like quality TV shows and slick multi media enterprises that are willing to embrace technology such as mobile platforms to deliver that to me as efficiently as possible.

Its called progress.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't believe there is anything wrong with entertainment. A lot of people work hard all day, come home and want to watch their favourite tv-show as a means to unwind. I get that. I actually work for one of the biggest internet/cable/phone companies in Canada, and I myself, only recently added cable (in small doses) to my life. I do believe its mass mind control, consumerism at it's finest and a threat to our over all species how obsessed and distracted the majority of people are. I can't even sit on a bus without seeing that 95 percent of the people are glued like zombies to their ipads, cellphones, computers.. Wake up and take a look at the world around you for F's sakes!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I know that, this Sunday night, I will be glued like a zombie, to AMC, the return of MadMen. But NOT it's commercials. Thank God that He made the remote for us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i rarely watch tv i record stuff and still don't watch it

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Oh man it's so true. After hearing that story yesterday about that girl who walked right of a dock while texting this commercial is bang on. I've been in a deli and I was the only person sitting in there not texting, talking, tweeting, gaming, or watching TV.I don't feel like I'm on the same planet any more. It's pure mind control what's going on and they are laughing about it right in our faces and now obviously showing us they know and making fun of it and we just laugh. Scary games are being played folks.

yea, it's pretty scary. the thing is that television is an amazing educational tool. you could put only documentaries and news and people would still watch it. on the flipside, you could only put commercials and people would still watch it. i think that is something the media and the government has taken advantage of. I could just imagine the kind of inspirational and educational programming they could implement in order to educate and empower the masses instead of what they're doing: the opposite- dumbing us down and making sure we need to be taken care of rather than giving us the information we need to be able to take care of ourselves. commercials are the worst offender by far, but the popular programming is becoming a close second. there have been commercials for services that are basically scams and the fcc does nothing to regulate them, stating basically that people who buy it deserves whats coming to them.
makes me believe everything in this consumerist society is a scam to build us up so that we fall flat on our faces.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I know that, this Sunday night, I will be glued like a zombie, to AMC, the return of MadMen. But NOT it's commercials. Thank God that He made the remote for us.

no kidding! i've been patiently waiting for madmen. and i hate that i love it, considering what the storyline is about. not at all ironic.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It kinda makes me smirk how people are noticing how alienated their technology is making them. The truth is, they're just late bloomers. I've been rolling solo with my walkman and novels since before you had your first ipod.

What are you supposed to do while riding on the bus? Sit there and stare out the window? No thank you. I'd rather read or draw play a puzzle game, all while getting enjoyment from my favorite music.

Anyway, it makes me smirk because the same people who used to ridicule introverted people like us are now exhibiting the same behaviors they made fun of us for. You know, kinda like Fantasy Football.
edit on 29-3-2012 by thepixelgarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This commercial really spooked me:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
As it would seem, Hulu makes great commercials.
They are blatantly honest and they try to get your attention.
Apparently they work well, as planned I'm sure.

Now as for the television...IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
Today's cable networks are destroying any hint of good shows.
There's only one or two that seem decent...but not many.
I believe cable TV has, in essence, ruined the brains of many people.
Here's why:
For one thing, when watching TV, one loses the ability to think on their own.
Heck, they just sit still and stare at a device that displays mainly consumer driven garbage.
As for learning anything remotely useful...
Viewers are just absorbing someone else's opinions or teachings, not their own.
So in effect, the watcher is not using their own brain to make critical decisions.
They only thing the watcher thinks about is whether or not they agree with the person on TV.
Which is a loss of creativity, and imagination.
I see all too much where people form opinions based on what they saw on TV.
Never on research they did on there own.

People should use their brains!
Go to the library and read about topics that interest you and turn off the Tv.
Reading and learning together while being away from a consumer driven mind-melting box.
Form your own opinion based on things YOU researched...not someone else.

But because people don't make time to learn...they want everything spoon fed to them, this practice is losing ground in today's society. It is much "easier" to sit at home and multi-task...
Eat, watch TV and socialize all from the comfort of your couch.
All while your brain begs for real work!

Oh well....at least the internet gives more access to information for now.
Where true learning can be accomplished.
We can all be thankful for that.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
This commercial really spooked me:

wth!!! i just revisited this thread to read the responses and saw this video. spooked is a light word for what it did to me. i'm frightened now.

new topics

top topics

join